00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Viva la revolution!

29,535 Views | 417 Replies

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-02 07:44:49

At 4/1/10 11:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Perhaps the greatest lyric in the history of all music... discovered here today by BAHAMUT:

"People think Kevin Bacon is insane because Kevin Bacon is frowning all the time."

I don't know, in today's state on mind it should be more "Start spreading the news! Kevin Bacon's leaving to day. Kevin Bacon wants to be a part of it, New York, New York!"

Or on the fact of explaining why Kevin Bacon frowns a lot - "Kevin Bacon can't see the things that make true happiness, Kevin Bacon must be blind."

Nothing more to see here. Just... that. Yep. :::waves and leaves without multi-quoting:::

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-02 08:25:17

At 3/30/10 10:42 AM, Fro wrote: Have you ever noticed that the average newbie will come to the Wi/Ht forum and ask a question, but follow it with a command about how not to flame them because they are new. Then it's always followed with the super elated face that shows how surprised they are when they realized that there are people like us to answer their questions.

Of course you've seen it. We've all seen it. (referring to those from the Wi/Ht)

Yes, I see it every now and then and it's sad, really. I mean if you need help, you should receive it without qualms. And I really feel sorry to see new users who don't know where to post who fall in to General and basically get blasted for being an new users; even though we all were new at one point in time. It really puts a bad mark on NG to make new users uncomfortable so much so, they might not ever come back again.

Along with the 'afraid to ask' poster, sometimes I see the 'angry defensive' poster like this one from a week ago.

At 4/1/10 04:14 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/30/10 05:08 AM, reverend wrote: Mind bullets?
That's telekinesis, Kyle. How about the power... to move you?

Well, well, well, you were pretty cool to start with, but you knowing that Tenacious D reference make you even more so. Cheers.

At 4/1/10 11:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Nothing more to see here. Just... that. Yep. :::waves and leaves without multi-quoting:::

Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-02 23:16:44

At 4/1/10 11:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Oh, anyway...
... this is all I have to post.
Yep.
Nothing more to see here. Just... that. Yep. :::waves and leaves without multi-quoting:::

I LIED!

APRIL FOOLS!

GOTCHA!

</heart not really in it, but still... that was my contribution for AFD 2010...>

At 3/28/10 09:20 PM, Jinx-Studios wrote: Fuck that shit!

Time to die, educated swine!

BETTER A DEAD EDUCATED PIG THAN A LIVE UNEDUCATED PIGDOG LIKE YOURSELF, SHIT-FUCKER! @_@

At 3/28/10 09:39 PM, ageofthoughts wrote: Understanding the fact that General can call in millions of idiots with guns might not frighten you. The thing is, if we have enough bullets flying around, you're bound to drop. So try us, with your little squad-o-fun. We'll be like the soviets in WWII.

Bullets don't kill WiHt?ers. Pi 'n' Caiks kill WiHt?ers.

Silly General-loving HU-mahn. Nice shoop, tho.

At 3/28/10 10:14 PM, ChocEliteBar wrote: You mean Japanese. I know this because only after so long will General admit defeat and willingly surrender to its enemies. I'm (in a way) one of them.

Because I hate half the topics that are on the first page every day and Wi/Ht? isn't spammy or full of idiots.

Yes. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

At 3/28/10 10:54 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 3/28/10 08:42 PM, gfoxcook wrote: SHE'S LYING, RIGHT GUYS? Bahamut says she's been posting plenty in the B/P list topic....
I just levelled up. Do you know where I'm not going to post with this new bit of stat information?

You know where.

>:(

So you're not going to make LUL even longer and harder for me to catch up on? AWESOME! #;-}>

And as you can see, Coop and the gang brought the LUL TO YOU, lololol.

You canna escape, Captain Gagster!

At 3/29/10 02:09 AM, masheenH3ad wrote: The German Cake looks so Delicious. I want to have one! ^^

So delicious and moist. </portal cake reference for Bahamut, so as to drive him bonkers and such>

At 3/29/10 02:25 AM, reverend wrote:
At 3/28/10 07:37 PM, gfoxcook wrote: This rivalry dates back to at least 2003 (when I first got into the General vs. Wi/Ht? funs), possibly 2002 (but I didn't start posting on the BBS till Jan 2003, so I wouldn't know first-hand), so that would explain why you don't remember it, eh?
I thought there were a bigger rivalry between the CC and Wi/Ht? back in the day. Stupid clubwhores we called them.

Eh. Not me. I used to use C&C every now and then, back in the day. Whereas... General and I... well, we had a little problem, so we had a little talk, and then we pretended that the other didn't exist. UNTIL NOW.

Do both. Tell them why they are wrong and then execute them or the other way around; whatever easier.

Yeah! Both it is.

Just by this thread we are showing them the better life; what it could be if they just try. That's all we can really do, unless you want to start water boarding some of these guys.

I hope you're right, man. I hope you're right.

Yeah, we should just cut to the chase. TORTURE TIME.

Yep, yep, yep. "Love's Labours Lost in Space" S1E4.

Wow, only ep 4? Didn't realise it was such an early ep. But yeah, from how Leela was all "Zapp, OMG, I've heard of him, how dreamy" and all, I was all "heh... first time she's meeting him, I kinda remember this ep." And then... yeah. Let's get it oooooooooonnnnn... &c &c &c.

You have no chance to survive; make your time.

We will defeat General by any means necessary... EVEN... (gasp)... ZeroWing references! Yea-eah!

At 3/28/10 10:54 PM, Gagsy wrote: I just levelled up. Do you know where I'm not going to post with this new bit of stat information?

You know where.
We'll congratulate you regardless. :)

Winrar!

At 3/29/10 08:49 AM, Coop83 wrote: Coop realises a religious quote and brings the LUL to Gagsy, before congratulating:
Gagsy: Level 36

Mwahahaha.

Congrats indeed, Gagsy. My favourite number, and one of Bahamut's least fave level icons. I think he calls it... the Fluffy Axe, yes? #;-}>

High fives to:
gfoxcook
Bahamut
reverend
Haggard
Sir-Nuts
Other miscelaneous Wi/Hters (feel free to quote and edit your names in here)

:::returns it:::

At 3/28/10 07:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: .... you don't need to convince Bahamut to join us, he's proven his loyalty already, methinks.
Yes, but the chicken breast humour there was what keeps him happy :)

There's plenty of things to keep him happy. We don't need to waste all the chicken breast humour in one go, save some for a rainy day!

She'll come around. And all because the lady loves... Bahamut's MegaFlare.

Awwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaahhhh... he's the dragon with all the laaaaaadies.

Daylight savings do have a strange way of doing that :P

Yeah. Our gov't's split us off from you guys in terms of when DST starts and stops, though... Bahamut and I were 5 hours apart instead of 6 hours apart for a few weeks there. I liked it better when at least the last week of baseball meant "fall back" and the first week of baseball meant "spring forward" each year. Now it's like 2 weeks AFTER the World Series ends and 3 weeks BEFORE the start of the baseball regular season... it's not attached to the precise weekends anymore here. ;_;

We need MOAR chaos, MOAR randomosity, and MOAR confusion.
*pulls up Rorschach mask, revealing Joker face makeup.* I'm an agent of Chaos!
YES. UNLEASH IT ALL OVER GENERAL'S UGLY FACE. Unf unf unf unf... mmmm yeah.
O...kay. Perhaps I shouldn't have been eating a Wagon Wheel while scanning this thread then...

Ooops.... is a Wagon Wheel a big ol' cheese wheel?

:::hopes it's a big ol' cheese wheel:::

Mmm... cheese.

Fair enough. Plus we can sell the turd as fertiliser.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE.... TURDS FOR SALE... COME GET YOUR FRESH FERTILISIN' TURDS HERE... EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT TURDS! </fertiliser trade newspaper + actual turd hawker>

Excellent. I didn't know if you'd be able to choose a 3-man party so quickly. Looks like the choices were obvious, based on the quality of those men! (cough)...
Men? Where? <Brannigan>I wave after wave of my own men at my disposal and I will stop at nothing to ensure the success of the plan!</Brannigan>

NEEDS MOAR REDSHIRTS.

Slapshot is fucking hilarious! Get it now!

Maybe... not a huge sports movie fan, TBH. Major League and the baseball-related parts of Naked Gun excepted.

hahahaha. So he's already "passed" basic training, has he? Excellent. I suppose with my dallying about and not catching up in here for two weeks or so, I've missed the launch of the colony ship headed by Twilight.... how're they faring on their journey so far?
Umm... about half a mile. It's pedal powered, you see.

Dayum. Those mofos be SLOWfos morelikeamIright?

"What is private skittles going on about?"
"I don't know, but it sounds HOT!"

:::imagines the above lines said by Kif and Zapp since he has no idea where they're from:::

At 3/28/10 08:13 PM, liljim wrote: SOMEBODY MENTIONED CAKE DON'T TAKE THAT IT'S A HORRIBLE DRUG. OOPS CAPS sorry.
Ooh, they've been smuggling cocaine in in the cakes? Quick! Flush them!

What a waste, we coulda sold those along with the diamonds and turds on the street corner...

If anything, with your superior numbers and brash overconfidence, you would be more like the Nazis in "Enemy at the Gates". You've overrun everything and our inferior numbers, but knowledge of the terrain and our superior training means that we can take out lots of you guys before you get a chance to hit us back.

That was a nice German/Russian WWII movie there. And introduced me to the hawtness that is Rachel Weisz. I want to see The Brothers Bloom, speaking of EATG and thus her...

... anywho... to be continued, in part 2 below.

But first, a nice screenshot I took yesterday during all the KEVIN BACON FUNS when I made my post about Bahamut's altered Black Sabbath lyrics... I thought it funny that AFD 2009 China schtuff + AFD 2010 Kevin Bacon schtuff = this:

Viva la revolution!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-02 23:40:30

part two:

At 3/29/10 09:33 AM, Timmy wrote: Oh dear lord.

I haven't visited this thread in a while - so I had no idea it had started breeding the long, chain-quoting posting style of Wi/Ht.

Or perhaps it always was and you just didn't notice... so blinded by General's normal style as you were. The fact that you now see the truth unveiled before your very eyes is a good sign--it means your mind is now free and unshackled from the chains of General!!! BREATHE FREE, BROTHER!

I fear for the future of General.

Nay... fear not. For it is HOPE thou shalt feeleth now. Yea.

At 3/29/10 09:37 AM, WaterShake wrote: I double dare anyone to quote Coop's last post

Already did. Do I get some cash now?

Oh wait... shit... just a dare, not a bet. Fuck.

At 3/29/10 09:42 AM, Master-of-pancakes wrote: I fear the new course for the general is wrong, it seems like we have an ok-ish equilibrium but to change all of this with sweeping reforms and talks of glorious revolution i think i've heard this all before.

Your post was so awesome in its Baconised form, I just had to take a screenie (see above).

At 3/29/10 11:05 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: I'm sure it's an odd thing to look at from a perspective that doesn't like to read a lot of things at once.

Non-readery bastiches.

At 3/29/10 11:27 AM, NEVR wrote: My girlfriend gets to do a module at uni in which she studies all those awesome satires like Brass Eye, The Day Today, Borat, etc. All my modules are much less exciting. :(

Is she a communications major? Fun schtuff.

ONLY THE METAPHORICAL BULLETS OF INTELLIGENCE.

THE BEST BULLETS OF THEM ALL.

Maybe at best a few users will see the glorious light of Wi/Ht? and be converted... but the vast majority of General will continue down their collective path.

Stop slinging your sad truths around... you're killing the buzz. ;_;

And that's my job. #;-}>

At 3/29/10 08:49 AM, Coop83 wrote: Coop realises a religious quote and brings the LUL to Gagsy, before congratulating:
Ha. Suck on that, Gagsy. How does it feel being congratulated WITHOUT EVEN HAVING TO ASK?!

YEAH. Take that, you... you... you... falsely-complaining WiHt?er in disguise. Dagnabit!

But Timmy, you're one of the most awesomest General forum peeps. If anybody can make the General forum less shit, IT'S YOU.

Can we make him a double agent, then?

I believe in you, man.

:::single tear wells up::: GO, TIMMY, GO!

:::waits for Timmy to fix General:::

At 3/29/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/28/10 07:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: After all, if Gagsy no longer considers him sexy, and he's saddened by that, but he still stays with the Wi/Ht? side.... he's loyal FOR LIFE, bitches!
Hahaha, you should see the B/P thread to see otherwise. I told you to look there for very good reasons and you better look there soon!

She's not only posting a ton in the EGRL, she's also flirting with you there?

Ehhh... I'll get around to it... sooner or later. #;-}>

LUL first, though... still not done, not done... must complete.... first things first...

At 3/28/10 08:13 PM, liljim wrote: SOMEBODY MENTIONED CAKE DON'T TAKE THAT IT'S A HORRIBLE DRUG. OOPS CAPS sorry.
A non-Portal reference that mentions cake? Now this is refreshing!

So...Are you on OUR side or theirs?

What do YOU think?

At 3/28/10 08:27 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Hell yeah. NO DANGER OF BAHAMUT'S DEFECTION! Moar icing on the cake!
People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.

Bahhhh... it's back to normal now. ;_;

What if a dragon wants to sex a dinosaur. Do you consider that bestiality, or is it okay since neither is a human?
Is it OK for Frog and Miss Piggy to have sex? Is it OK for Donkey from Shrek to have sex with a dragon? NO IT'S NOT!

Kermit and Miss Piggy shag all the time, baby. It's only natural.

But you've got a point, it is NOT okay for Donkey to sex a dragon. But that's not because Donkey's not a dragon, it's because Donkey is who he is, and he should not be sexing ANYone, not even other Donkeys. </win>

I'll never get over Shrek the Third.

And I'll never (probably) get around to watching it. O_o

You're doing it wrong Coop, it should be:

I AM. THE LAW!

Kevin Bacon was indeed the law... for one shining, shimmering 24 hour period.

At 3/29/10 11:36 AM, Timmy wrote: Yeah, as a general user, I can't read more than 5-10 words in a row without having to take a nap. This post took me months to formulate.

Sadpanda. ;_;

But...the Wi/Ht users...they're EVERYWHERE NOW *looks around nervously*

Don't be paranoid. We're here to help, not hurt. :::smiles semi-evil smile... OR WAS IT?:::

Oh wait - I just made a lengthy quote-chain post. W-w-whats happening to me?? D:

Good for you! You're cured!

:::puts away all the needles and bottles of mysterious drug-like substances:::

I can feel the Wi/Ht-ness spreading...taking over...must start B/Ping again...

Excellent. His transformation nears completion.

At 3/29/10 12:32 PM, NEVR wrote: I get the aversion to reading longer posts, honestly, but in reality it's probably the longer ones that are more worthwhile reading in most cases. The short ones ATTEMPTING to be witty and/or clever very rarely are... and it gets to the point where people just recycle memes in order to get a laugh out of other users.

If a post's too long for a Generalhead, then he shall skip it. In his skippage, if he shall not mention his skippage, then all the better. If he shall say something analogous to "tl;dr," then he shall be shunned and perhaps stoned. Stoned with sticks of sweet, sweet butter.

But hey, that's General. It could be better, and it could be less covered in shit... but it's not. C'est la vie.

Fear not... we're the shit patrol. We're here to clean up the shit. Just doin' our job, ma'am. :::tips cap:::

At 3/30/10 04:19 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/29/10 09:37 AM, WaterShake wrote: I double dare anyone to quote Coop's last post
Deal!

Quoted for the lulz

I think he meant FULLY quote, not just part of it. But I already took care of that, and I think a couple others as well. Win, double win, and triple win... ftw.

At 3/29/10 09:42 AM, Master-of-pancakes wrote: I fear the new course for the general is wrong, it seems like we have an ok-ish equilibrium but to change all of this with sweeping reforms and talks of glorious revolution i think i've heard this all before.
April 1st 2009?

I knew I wasn't alone in thinking that!

LMAO - Kermit tries so very hard not to, but he is no match for Piggy's "charm"

I really should record a Kermit / Piggy skit for you.

DOOOO EEEEEET.

At 3/30/10 05:08 AM, reverend wrote:
At 3/29/10 11:36 AM, Timmy wrote: . . .("Haha...let's have our own Wi/Ht Lounge in General"). . .
I like the sound of that. We can always use a new addition to the LUL estate.

Well, as he was saying... here it is. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 00:03:39

and finally, part three:

At 3/30/10 10:42 AM, Fro wrote: Catch ups are hard when quoting posts takes up more than the character limit, but it's more fun this way as well. :)

That's what multi-posting a multi-quote reply is for, man. :::sighs contentedly:::

At 3/28/10 08:27 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
That's the thing I guess. Nobody remembers. I don't think he had any followers either. It was obviously a lost cause unlike this revolution.

Ah. A totally forgettable Wi/Ht? incursion by a losery Generalhead, eh? Fair enough.

Shouldn't have expected anything more memorable, I suppose. #;-}>

BAHAMUT! FUCK YEAH! COMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY, YEAH!
And wonderful! A song that I'll be singing in my head for the rest of the day. FUCK YEAH!

Always eager to please... with EARWORMS from hell!

or just helpful people answering newbie questions in a far, far, far nicer and more helpful fashion than 90% of the Generalheads are even possible of mustering up the effort for.
Have you ever noticed that the average newbie will come to the Wi/Ht forum and ask a question, but follow it with a command about how not to flame them because they are new. Then it's always followed with the super elated face that shows how surprised they are when they realized that there are people like us to answer their questions.

Yep. Newbie refugees from General are like wounded puppies. You just want to save them from the big, bad meanies that kicked them in the belly over here at General.

Of course you've seen it. We've all seen it. (referring to those from the Wi/Ht)

THE HORROR. THE HORROR.

Don't worry General Gfox. I wasn't inviting people over. I was informing the regulars of the Wi/Ht that even exposed time in this thread is dangerous to ones IQ since it's located in the general forum. I was simply stating that they needed to detox in the Wi/Ht after supporting the cause here.

Good, good....

I've seen it. Gagsy has come back to post in the Wi/Ht forum more often since this topic. >:]

Ha. I knew it. #;-}>

I never find the British comedies to be that good though. For example I find the American version of The Office manageable and even funny at times. Perhaps it's because it's based off of the town that I live in. O.o

The British version of The Office is so boring to me that I can't stay awake during it. I've honestly never watched a single episode the entire way through.

I've only seen like half an ep of the British Office (and about 2 eps of the American one), so I'm no expert at either.

And if you're only watching the American one because it's set in Scranton, that's pretty sad. Come on, man... surely you actually like the show, or you wouldn't be watching it, no matter if it was set on Mars or your backyard.

Believe it or not I probably only watch about 1 hour of TV a day. (unless it's football season) It just happens to be Robot Chicken and/or Family Guy. I'm a morning person so I'm up early/go to bed early. These are the only things that I see on TV.

Ah... but do you really watch one episode of each all 7 days of the week? #;-}>

At 3/26/10 12:03 PM, Fro wrote: Whenever you tell me that I'm right then you are right as well. ;]
Yes, and when I tell you that you're wrong (like about British comedies), I'm right as well then, too! Isn't that awesome how that works
But one can't be wrong about an opinion can they? Wouldn't that therefor make you wrong about saying my opinion was wrong?

Of course not. One can indeed be wrong about an opinion.

BUT... Thinking that British comedies can be (and often ARE) funny is not an opinion, it's fucking FACT, man. #;-}>

At 3/30/10 10:43 AM, Fro wrote: Jeeze it actually took me two posts... I've never had to do that befo.... oh wait... It's something that I'm very use to what am I talking about?

lolol.

I'll admit they seem somewhat entertaining. You foreign English bastards win this time!

hahahah! Britcoms win again!

At 3/30/10 12:44 PM, Bluenile wrote:
At 1/27/10 01:30 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!
And tommorow, I'm thinking Arby's!

Arby's... Hell... Arby's... Hell....

Fuck, I can't decide. ;_;

At 3/30/10 10:43 AM, Fro wrote: What the hell Coop?
Sorry, got a little excited.

.... that's what she said.

:::runs:::

At 4/2/10 07:44 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/1/10 11:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Perhaps the greatest lyric in the history of all music... discovered here today by BAHAMUT:

"People think Kevin Bacon is insane because Kevin Bacon is frowning all the time."
I don't know, in today's state on mind it should be more "Start spreading the news! Kevin Bacon's leaving to day. Kevin Bacon wants to be a part of it, New York, New York!"

Or on the fact of explaining why Kevin Bacon frowns a lot - "Kevin Bacon can't see the things that make true happiness, Kevin Bacon must be blind."

Well, of course that would be from further on in Paranoid... or as I like to call it now... KevinBaconoid.

Sounds like a catchy version of NY, NY, though.

DON'T WORRY, I WUZ JUST KIDDIN'. ^_^

At 4/2/10 08:25 AM, reverend wrote:
At 3/30/10 10:42 AM, Fro wrote: Have you ever noticed that the average newbie will come to the Wi/Ht forum and ask a question, but follow it with a command about how not to flame them because they are new. Then it's always followed with the super elated face that shows how surprised they are when they realized that there are people like us to answer their questions.

Yes, I see it every now and then and it's sad, really. I mean if you need help, you should receive it without qualms. And I really feel sorry to see new users who don't know where to post who fall in to General and basically get blasted for being an new users; even though we all were new at one point in time. It really puts a bad mark on NG to make new users uncomfortable so much so, they might not ever come back again.

Along with the 'afraid to ask' poster, sometimes I see the 'angry defensive' poster like this one from a week ago.

Anytime I see a newbie asking a question on Wi/Ht? with an ANGARY SMILEY icon for the "thread mood" (like in the topic you linked to just there), I think to myself: "Hmmm... he must be coming here directly from General. Poor bastard."

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 00:26:07

>:(

>:C

You guys are just jerks, who I refuse to say thanks to either if the temptation to is overwhelming.

Also Timmy stick with me. You're a good man and an ok General user, we will not fear these crazy hell bent Wi/Ht creatures, we will rise above them and continue the goodness (on occasion) that is General.

Plus your beard is too Godly for them.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 06:19:56

At 3/30/10 05:08 AM, reverend wrote: Mind bullets?
That's telekinesis, Kyle. How about the power... to move you?
Well, well, well, you were pretty cool to start with, but you knowing that Tenacious D reference make you even more so. Cheers.

I got that album on the day of release. It's still rather popular in my collection.

At 4/2/10 11:16 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/28/10 07:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: .... you don't need to convince Bahamut to join us, he's proven his loyalty already, methinks.
Yes, but the chicken breast humour there was what keeps him happy :)
There's plenty of things to keep him happy. We don't need to waste all the chicken breast humour in one go, save some for a rainy day!

Well, I just watched the qualifying for the Malaysian GP and it was more moist than a freaking powerboat race. Hilarious. My drivers qualified 17th and 20th, so that does go against me, but we'll see how the race pans out tomorrow morning :P

She'll come around. And all because the lady loves... Bahamut's MegaFlare.
Awwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaahhhh... he's the dragon with all the laaaaaadies.

Search on YouTube for Milk Tray adverts and you'll understand ;)

Daylight savings do have a strange way of doing that :P
Yeah. Our gov't's split us off from you guys in terms of when DST starts and stops, though... Bahamut and I were 5 hours apart instead of 6 hours apart for a few weeks there. I liked it better when at least the last week of baseball meant "fall back" and the first week of baseball meant "spring forward" each year. Now it's like 2 weeks AFTER the World Series ends and 3 weeks BEFORE the start of the baseball regular season... it's not attached to the precise weekends anymore here. ;_;

Blame Bud Selig. It's his fault for everything else :P

YES. UNLEASH IT ALL OVER GENERAL'S UGLY FACE. Unf unf unf unf... mmmm yeah.
O...kay. Perhaps I shouldn't have been eating a Wagon Wheel while scanning this thread then...

hopes it's a big ol' cheese wheel:::
Mmm... cheese.

No, it's a chocolate and marshmallow biscuit thing.

Fair enough. Plus we can sell the turd as fertiliser.
HEAR YE, HEAR YE.... TURDS FOR SALE... COME GET YOUR FRESH FERTILISIN' TURDS HERE... EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT TURDS! </fertiliser trade newspaper + actual turd hawker>

That's some good hawking, boys.

Slapshot is fucking hilarious! Get it now!
Maybe... not a huge sports movie fan, TBH. Major League and the baseball-related parts of Naked Gun excepted.

It's not about Ice Hockey (much), it's about the lulz!

hahahaha. So he's already "passed" basic training, has he? Excellent. I suppose with my dallying about and not catching up in here for two weeks or so, I've missed the launch of the colony ship headed by Twilight.... how're they faring on their journey so far?
Umm... about half a mile. It's pedal powered, you see.
Dayum. Those mofos be SLOWfos morelikeamIright?

Well, have you ever tried to escape the gravitational pull of the earth's atmosphere by pedal power? Give them a little credit - they aren't sponsored by Richard Branson, after all :P

"What is private skittles going on about?"
"I don't know, but it sounds HOT!"
imagines the above lines said by Kif and Zapp since he has no idea where they're from:::

Honestly, you haven't seen this masterpiece?

Ooh, they've been smuggling cocaine in in the cakes? Quick! Flush them!
What a waste, we coulda sold those along with the diamonds and turds on the street corner...

Diamonds, Cocaine and turd / fertiliser? FoxCo will be rolling in profits (not literally, they would smell like turds then)

If anything, with your superior numbers and brash overconfidence, you would be more like the Nazis in "Enemy at the Gates". You've overrun everything and our inferior numbers, but knowledge of the terrain and our superior training means that we can take out lots of you guys before you get a chance to hit us back.
That was a nice German/Russian WWII movie there. And introduced me to the hawtness that is Rachel Weiss.

Ah yes. She was pretty good in The Mummy. A good reason to watch a bad film, I recall... And the sequel, for my shame :P

At 4/2/10 11:40 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/29/10 08:49 AM, Coop83 wrote:
But Timmy, you're one of the most awesomest General forum peeps. If anybody can make the General forum less shit, IT'S YOU.
Can we make him a double agent, then?

I believe in you, man.
single tear wells up::: GO, TIMMY, GO!

GO! TIMMY! *South Park retarded awesomeness*

Deal!

Quoted for the lulz
I think he meant FULLY quote, not just part of it. But I already took care of that, and I think a couple others as well. Win, double win, and triple win... ftw.

Did you mean for the win, or Four the Win? Hopefully something based around the latter, I feel :)

At 4/2/10 11:54 PM, Killerhammer wrote: GTFO of our General. We do not want your lies! (I.E. : Caek) Revolt against the Wi/Ht invaders!

Hi. You and whose army?

At 4/3/10 12:03 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/2/10 07:44 AM, Coop83 wrote:

Well, of course that would be from further on in Paranoid... or as I like to call it now... KevinBaconoid.

KevinBaconoid. I like that name. I'll have to do some sort of version of that at some point, won't I?

Sounds like a catchy version of NY, NY, though.

Oh indeed. Given time, I might actually get a version of the original made. Just need to motivate me.

DON'T WORRY, I WUZ JUST KIDDIN'. ^_^

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- Oh, right.

*walks off*

At 4/3/10 12:26 AM, Gagsy wrote: You guys are just jerks, who I refuse to say thanks to either if the temptation to is overwhelming.

Yeah, we love you too, Gagsy :)

Also Timmy stick with me. You're a good man and an ok General user, we will not fear these crazy hell bent Wi/Ht creatures, we will rise above them and continue the goodness (on occasion) that is General.

He can be both. We can co-exist peacefully. Can't you see that?

What? Hnrrrrrrrrrrr! *tries furiously to grow a beard* Dammit, I've only just had a shave. I'll get it sorted though

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 06:41:17

What are you guys like French or some shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 07:35:32

With all this massive-ass chain reply posts... I dont want to be "The Guy" but wouldn't a certain site feature *ahem* make this a little better. For example instantaneous communication feature?

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 09:17:32

At 4/3/10 07:35 AM, ageofthoughts wrote: With all this massive-ass chain reply posts... I dont want to be "The Guy" but wouldn't a certain site feature *ahem* make this a little better. For example instantaneous communication feature?

I agree, this should go to Stickam too.

What.

....For that matter, this should probably just go to Stickam instead. Honestly, stringing twenty odd +1 responses together in the same post does not make a better post, just a longer one IMO. When you actually sit down and read through all of this, it's mostly just idle chatter anyway. The same kind you find all over general right now, just in conglomerate form instead.

Revolution? This should've been called "viva la reconstruction".

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 19:44:44

COOP REPLYAGE FIRST.

At 4/3/10 06:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, I just watched the qualifying for the Malaysian GP and it was more moist than a freaking powerboat race. Hilarious. My drivers qualified 17th and 20th, so that does go against me, but we'll see how the race pans out tomorrow morning :P

Moist racing? Just makes me think about brownies driving around a grand prix course. Sounds like fun, really.

Search on YouTube for Milk Tray adverts and you'll understand ;)

There's a commercial for something called Milk Tray, which is a product that lists MegaFlare as a feature? #;-}>

Yeah, might as well chalk that one up to him as well. Good point!

Ahhh. So kinda a Mallomar or Moon Pie type dealie, I see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate-c oated_marshmallow_treats
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_pie

Foor pron....

Ah. One of those "regular ol' comedy masquerading as a sports flick," eh? Fair enough. I'll keep an eye out for it on the ol' cable TV guide.

Is Emilio Estevez in it, by any chance? If so, I think I've at least heard of it/have a vague familiarity.

Well, have you ever tried to escape the gravitational pull of the earth's atmosphere by pedal power? Give them a little credit - they aren't sponsored by Richard Branson, after all :P

Unless you count biking up a pretty steep hill, which is kinda... trying to escape the gravitational pull of the earth's atmosphere. #;-}>

Anyway, if they're only half a mile along, they haven't escaped it very much at all, but the fact that they haven't crashed back down to earth is impressive, at least. Turns out you picked a hell of a crew for that glorious mission. I hope they make it. :::sheds a single tear for the bastards:::

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/33 2674

1.5? Nah, I think I only saw the original, once upon a time.

Diamonds, Cocaine and turd / fertiliser? FoxCo will be rolling in profits (not literally, they would smell like turds then)

"Better profits that smell like turds than no profits at all." --some random Ferengi dude with a secret shit fetish

Ah yes. She was pretty good in The Mummy. A good reason to watch a bad film, I recall... And the sequel, for my shame :P

Never saw the Mummy, either. Which is why my intro to her was in EATG. :::nods:::

GO! TIMMY! *South Park retarded awesomeness*

Then type it TIMMEH. #;-}>

Did you mean for the win, or Four the Win? Hopefully something based around the latter, I feel :)

I meant both!

KevinBaconoid. I like that name. I'll have to do some sort of version of that at some point, won't I?

That'd be a grand ol' filk. Make sure to post it both on LUL and here, should it ever fully form.

Oh indeed. Given time, I might actually get a version of the original made. Just need to motivate me.

Man, you're just a filk machine these days, eh?

I remember my filky days, back in the 90s... I'm all filked out at this point, though.

*walks off*

If only Kirk had learned to just walk off, rather than... yeah.

At 4/3/10 12:26 AM, Gagsy wrote: You guys are just jerks, who I refuse to say thanks to either if the temptation to is overwhelming.
Yeah, we love you too, Gagsy :)

The feelings in the air are quite palpable. Or is that palpitaty.

What? Hnrrrrrrrrrrr! *tries furiously to grow a beard* Dammit, I've only just had a shave. I'll get it sorted though

I've got beard enough for both of us. :::shaves cheeks later tonight and mails you the leavings:::

There. Just glue those little hair bits on later. Hope they match yer hair colour...

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 19:50:46

At 4/3/10 07:44 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Foor pron....

... food, rather. I was drooling over those moon pies and mallomars so much I couldn't even type straight. #;-}>

ONWARDS! The Generalhead masses must now be addressed:

At 4/3/10 12:26 AM, Gagsy wrote: >:(

Those are some adorable fake-angary faces there, ayup!

You guys are just jerks, who I refuse to say thanks to either if the temptation to is overwhelming.

hahaha. No thanks lists forthcoming from teh Gags, folks. Oh well.

Just imagine a General where the goodness isn't occasional, it's all the time.

That's all we're sayin'.

Pfft. I have a godly goatee. Much better than a godly beard, as mah lady still has some smooth cheek to enjoy. (wink)

... cheeks not so smooth right now, though. Need to shave the both of 'em before Easter family gettogetherness tomorrow. Argh...

At 4/3/10 06:41 AM, iateamexican wrote: What are you guys like French or some shit.

And what if we are?

You gonna eat us, too, or is that a fate reserved ONLY for the Mexicans?

At 4/3/10 07:35 AM, ageofthoughts wrote: With all this massive-ass chain reply posts... I dont want to be "The Guy" but wouldn't a certain site feature *ahem* make this a little better. For example instantaneous communication feature?

If you mean PMs, those are 1 on 1, so they're no good for group communications. If you mean profile newsposts... yeah, but eh... we do that enough already. Coop decided to bring the goodness to the General masses, and since it was something many of us had theorised about for years, we all decided to indulge him. And this is the result.

You know you like it.

At 4/3/10 09:17 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I agree, this should go to Stickam too.

Stickam? Never used it, never will.

How about this instead: the rest of General "goes to Stickam," and this thread is all that's left.

That sounds about right.

What.

When.

....For that matter, this should probably just go to Stickam instead.

Didn't you just say that? You're getting a bit high off the General fumes around here, apparently. When time becomes a loop, when time becomes a loop, when time becomes a loop.

Honestly, stringing twenty odd +1 responses together in the same post does not make a better post, just a longer one IMO. When you actually sit down and read through all of this, it's mostly just idle chatter anyway. The same kind you find all over general right now, just in conglomerate form instead.

The thing about "+1"s is that they're implied to be posts that people make, usually one-liners with little substance, that simply boost that person's own post count with no other real purpose other than killing time. As you just pointed out, tons of replies in the same post instead of separate +1s (we call such a long-ass post a "multi-quote reply", BTW) makes for a longer post (if not a better one). Whether it's better or not is beside the point.

You seem to have forgotten that longer post/20 replies in one/etc. = LESS ACTUAL POSTS = the exact opposite of +1s.

The longwinded post style of Wi/Ht? is in direct opposition to General's +1 style. There may be some elements in common (gee, they're both made of ASCII characters, CONSPIRACY!!!!!), but you're really reaching when you say that a Wi/Ht?er's post just = a Generalhead's post x 20, length-wise. There's much more to it than that.

And anyway: "just idle chatter"??? Way to describe the entirity of General. In fact, idle chatter is what General is composed of on its BEST days. On its worst days, it can't even aspire to that.

Revolution? This should've been called "viva la reconstruction".

Go peddle your lies to people who will actually believe them! You're wasting your time here. JOIN US. It is... inevitable.

At 4/3/10 09:18 AM, lemonsourkid wrote: Hehe. Yes.

Heheheheh. No.

(see? That woulda been a +1 just like lemonsourkid's, except I didn't post JUST it, and thus saved this thread from an extra silly +1, like most General threads would feature at this point)

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 20:39:16

At 4/2/10 11:16 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Wow, only ep 4? Didn't realise it was such an early ep. But yeah, from how Leela was all "Zapp, OMG, I've heard of him, how dreamy" and all, I was all "heh... first time she's meeting him, I kinda remember this ep." And then... yeah. Let's get it oooooooooonnnnn... &c &c &c.

Yeah Zap is one of my fave Futurama supporting character; so stereotypical Kirk I like it.

We will defeat General by any means necessary... EVEN... (gasp)... ZeroWing references! Yea-eah!

For great justice!

Winrar!

Winzip?

At 4/3/10 06:41 AM, iateamexican wrote: What are you guys like French or some shit.

Wi/Hters *points to sig

This isn't a chat but rather a discussion.

At 4/3/10 09:17 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I agree, this should go to Stickam too.
....For that matter, this should probably just go to Stickam instead. Honestly, stringing twenty odd +1 responses together in the same post does not make a better post, just a longer one IMO. When you actually sit down and read through all of this, it's mostly just idle chatter anyway. The same kind you find all over general right now, just in conglomerate form instead.

Talk about dissent. >:(
I hate Stickam, I hate chats; forum posts are more permanent and for the fact there is a six hour difference between Gfox/me and Coop/Bahamut makes it pretty hard to get together and communicate any other way.

At 4/3/10 07:50 PM, gfoxcook wrote: You seem to have forgotten that longer post/20 replies in one/etc. = LESS ACTUAL POSTS = the exact opposite of +1s.

Exactly, it's much more efficient to communicate all at once with multiple people than to just reply to only one person per reply. NG gives out plenty of character space to do it, so why not use it to the max instead of wasting it.

Go peddle your lies to people who will actually believe them! You're wasting your time here. JOIN US. It is... inevitable.

Ironically, that dude use to be on the RCVL until he retired a few months ago. :/

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-03 23:24:26

At 4/3/10 07:50 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Didn't you just say that? You're getting a bit high off the General fumes around here, apparently.

What I meant was it should go to Stickam (or any chat room, really) instead of being on the BBS, whereas the first random line was thinking about having it both here AND in Stickam.
Meh, my mistake for not wording it right.

The thing about "+1"s is that they're implied to be posts that people make, usually one-liners with little substance, that simply boost that person's own post count with no other real purpose other than killing time. As you just pointed out, tons of replies in the same post instead of separate +1s (we call such a long-ass post a "multi-quote reply", BTW) makes for a longer post (if not a better one). Whether it's better or not is beside the point.

Umm, no, that's the whole point I was trying to make.
Take the last couple of multi-quote replies in here. I honestly can't see why you or any of the others bothered to write most of the individual replies to the posts you quoted, because all the replies really boil down to is single-line responses that are of little substance in themselves. And if you're writing things that serve no real purpose other than killing time, EVEN IF they are part of a larger post, what's the point in adding those bits into it in the first place? What exactly have you done besides dilute out the parts that ARE real discussions?

You seem to have forgotten that longer post/20 replies in one/etc. = LESS ACTUAL POSTS = the exact opposite of +1s.

Be honest; how much of your average Wi/Ht regular's post history is made up of these multi-quote replies?
While it is undeniably better than the layout of General, there's still a fair bit of insubstantial pointlessness to it IMO.

The longwinded post style of Wi/Ht? is in direct opposition to General's +1 style. There may be some elements in common (gee, they're both made of ASCII characters, CONSPIRACY!!!!!), but you're really reaching when you say that a Wi/Ht?er's post just = a Generalhead's post x 20, length-wise. There's much more to it than that.

Again, in terms of how and why you're posting I can agree, but exactly what these big posts are largely made up of still leaves me able to draw a few parallels between a big multi-quote like this and a small thread from General.

And anyway: "just idle chatter"??? Way to describe the entirity of General. In fact, idle chatter is what General is composed of on its BEST days. On its worst days, it can't even aspire to that.

^^This is the one thing that really DOES need to change. God, the amount of utterly worthless threads around here is just moronic. Most of them have been done to death and then some (read: weed, masturbation, girlfriends etc.). I wish more people would actually have some creativity about making a new thread...

At 4/3/10 08:39 PM, reverend wrote: Ironically, that dude use to be on the RCVL until he retired a few months ago. :/

...However, General doesn't have a total monopoly on questionable threads here.
I left the RCVL because it was (and still is) nothing but an entirely arbitrary exercise in statwhoring. The only reason I could find for it still being so much as allowed at all is because a mod started the first one, and it's just become a bit of an institution.

I think it's obvious by now that I just don't value idle chat on a forum. Sorry for not using Newgrounds as a substitute for a social life, but I don't find it fun or meaningful on any level, and it's not what I came here for.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-06 12:29:08

No! My country is still at war with them, technically.

Not really - we're not online at the same time and doing this sort of thing in a chat room doesn't increase our post counts ;)

We're Where is / How toers - we care about statistics!

At 4/3/10 09:17 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: ....For that matter, this should probably just go to Stickam instead. Honestly, stringing twenty odd +1 responses together in the same post does not make a better post, just a longer one IMO.

Then we sir, are at an impasse. Compare my responses to this topic to some generic +1 replies. I've put thought, effort and time into these posts, while a true +1er hasn't at all.

At 4/3/10 07:44 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/3/10 06:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: Search on YouTube for Milk Tray adverts and you'll understand ;)
There's a commercial for something called Milk Tray, which is a product that lists MegaFlare as a feature? #;-}>

Well, Bahamut would love to eat them, if only to keep them away from us :P

Yeah, might as well chalk that one up to him as well. Good point!

Of course - it's mine ;)

Ahhh. So kinda a Mallomar or Moon Pie type dealie, I see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate-c oated_marshmallow_treats
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_pie

Food pron....

Let's have no food related spaff around here.

Ah. One of those "regular ol' comedy masquerading as a sports flick," eh? Fair enough. I'll keep an eye out for it on the ol' cable TV guide.

It's worth it.

Is Emilio Estevez in it, by any chance? If so, I think I've at least heard of it/have a vague familiarity.

No, it's before his time.

Unless you count biking up a pretty steep hill, which is kinda... trying to escape the gravitational pull of the earth's atmosphere. #;-}>

Anyway, if they're only half a mile along, they haven't escaped it very much at all, but the fact that they haven't crashed back down to earth is impressive, at least. Turns out you picked a hell of a crew for that glorious mission. I hope they make it. :::sheds a single tear for the bastards:::

Glorious Bastards!

Mr. Bahamut. Prepare to give them a rocket boost.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/33 2674
1.5? Nah, I think I only saw the original, once upon a time.

Shame.

"Better profits that smell like turds than no profits at all." --some random Ferengi dude with a secret shit fetish

There's always one. I think I know her though - TrishLovesTubgirl ;)

Never saw the Mummy, either. Which is why my intro to her was in EATG. :::nods:::

Of course, it fits well enough.

I meant both!

Excellent. You never lose your touch, do you?

That'd be a grand ol' filk. Make sure to post it both on LUL and here, should it ever fully form.

Man, you're just a filk machine these days, eh?

I remember my filky days, back in the 90s... I'm all filked out at this point, though.

Yes, it's always fun to watch one's Mrs. filk her bean :P

*walks off*
If only Kirk had learned to just walk off, rather than... yeah.

Then he'd have been less annoying?

IMPOSSIBLE!

I've got beard enough for both of us. :::shaves cheeks later tonight and mails you the leavings:::

There. Just glue those little hair bits on later. Hope they match yer hair colour...

O.o

That's just wrong. I've got the images of the Jackass "pube beard" going through my head now. Wrong!

At 4/3/10 11:24 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 4/3/10 07:50 PM, gfoxcook wrote: You seem to have forgotten that longer post/20 replies in one/etc. = LESS ACTUAL POSTS = the exact opposite of +1s.
Be honest; how much of your average Wi/Ht regular's post history is made up of these multi-quote replies?

A good hefty percentage of them. I'm very proud of that fact. In fact, I'm so proud of this that I don't see your problem, to be honest.

While it is undeniably better than the layout of General, there's still a fair bit of insubstantial pointlessness to it IMO.

Yeah, we can boast that our milestones of posts have both quantity and quality. Generals are only quantity, by and large.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-06 17:23:24

This part of my post is just for Gfox:

GENERAL + GFOX = General Gfox!

---------

*Coop doesn't high five back*
Sorry *high fives back, prepares for rebound*

What the hell Coop?

Apology accepted. *never washes hand again*

Don't worry, I'll do it myself!
I'll admit they seem somewhat entertaining. You foreign English bastards win this time!
No, not us - it was the Micks.

Ah, you're all the same to me. And yes I'm stereotyping.

At 3/30/10 12:44 PM, Bluenile wrote:
At 1/27/10 01:30 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!
And tommorow, I'm thinking Arby's!
Meh, I was always more partial to a steak.

Hm, there isn't anything wrong with Arby's though. They tend to have these 5 for $5 deals where you can get a variety of things. I'm the type of eater that can eat three sandwiches, curly fries, and a drink in one sitting.

Yeah, that's just like my first thread ever. I asked about some things and I automatically went to the general forum since I wasn't use to the set up. I was asking about the whistle system and the batting average system.

I remember a bunch of terrible posts that just turned me away from the forums and I didn't revisit them for several years later. Looking back at the thread now the posts were deleted and a mod answered my questions, but I never even noticed because I left the topic alone.

You have to admit. We are a dying breed on this site. They need people like us to keep newer users from running away.

At 4/2/10 11:54 PM, Killerhammer wrote: GTFO of our General. We do not want your lies! (I.E. : Caek) Revolt against the Wi/Ht invaders!

You've revolted before this revolution even started. Every second that you breath, every second that you post, and pretty much every second that you act like you do it adds to your cause. The only thing is your cause runs right into the sewers while ares has naked woman and prono everywhere!

At 4/3/10 12:03 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/30/10 10:42 AM, Fro wrote: Catch ups are hard when quoting posts takes up more than the character limit, but it's more fun this way as well. :)
That's what multi-posting a multi-quote reply is for, man. :::sighs contentedly:::

I'm not the master quoter like you. My posts are much smaller in stature then yours, but they make up with... they uhhh.. they... I have a bigger willy then you...

At 3/28/10 08:27 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
That's the thing I guess. Nobody remembers. I don't think he had any followers either. It was obviously a lost cause unlike this revolution.
Ah. A totally forgettable Wi/Ht? incursion by a losery Generalhead, eh? Fair enough.

Shouldn't have expected anything more memorable, I suppose. #;-}>

What are we talking about again? ;)

Yep. Newbie refugees from General are like wounded puppies. You just want to save them from the big, bad meanies that kicked them in the belly over here at General.

Oh daddy can I have that one over there? Hm, sure thing hunny. He looks like he's had a hard life and needs a good home to stay.

I've seen it. Gagsy has come back to post in the Wi/Ht forum more often since this topic. >:]
Ha. I knew it. #;-}>

:)

I never find the British comedies to be that good though. For example I find the American version of The Office manageable and even funny at times. Perhaps it's because it's based off of the town that I live in. O.o

The British version of The Office is so boring to me that I can't stay awake during it. I've honestly never watched a single episode the entire way through.
I've only seen like half an ep of the British Office (and about 2 eps of the American one), so I'm no expert at either.

And if you're only watching the American one because it's set in Scranton, that's pretty sad. Come on, man... surely you actually like the show, or you wouldn't be watching it, no matter if it was set on Mars or your backyard.

No I really do enjoy the show. It's just one of those things where you go, "Woah, I know that place!" and it instantly becomes somewhat more interesting for some reason. That and the fact I know what the hell they are talking about.

Believe it or not I probably only watch about 1 hour of TV a day. (unless it's football season) It just happens to be Robot Chicken and/or Family Guy. I'm a morning person so I'm up early/go to bed early. These are the only things that I see on TV.
Ah... but do you really watch one episode of each all 7 days of the week? #;-}>

Most of the time less if I can manage one episode of any. I tend to really only catch one episode of something. I'm not a night person and it's my personal time with the wife. ;)

At 3/26/10 12:03 PM, Fro wrote: Whenever you tell me that I'm right then you are right as well. ;]
But one can't be wrong about an opinion can they? Wouldn't that therefor make you wrong about saying my opinion was wrong?
Of course not. One can indeed be wrong about an opinion.

Only if they were stating that their opinion was a fact though. If they were simply implying that it was their opinion than it can't be wrong.

At 4/3/10 12:26 AM, Gagsy wrote: >:(

lol <3

I'm highly offended by this. I dislike the French very so.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-06 18:16:36

So I caught up on all the posts from last week. Kinda feels like I haven't caught up in months...Like gfox. :P

At 3/29/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: Is it OK for Frog and Miss Piggy to have sex? Is it OK for Donkey from Shrek to have sex with a dragon? NO IT'S NOT!

I'll hate it, won't I?

JUST St. Patrick's Day? Damn, I gotta wait until it's March again to regain this ability. On the bright side, I'll have a golden fist.
O.o A golden fist, on St. Patrick's day, to be sure. 'tis a good omen.

Well, I'll get the golden fist beforehand but yeah, that's my level icon for when that time comes.

I'm glad I'm getting recognition for the Black Sabbath quotes. However, I want to be singing Opeth songs right now after seeing them live last night.

He better be frowning all the time now that the whole site isn't talking about that egotistical prick. :P

At 4/2/10 11:40 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/29/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: Hahaha, you should see the B/P thread to see otherwise. I told you to look there for very good reasons and you better look there soon!
She's not only posting a ton in the EGRL, she's also flirting with you there?

She is...

LUL first, though... still not done, not done... must complete.... first things first...

I'm very grateful for that, now work on the other threads!

A non-Portal reference that mentions cake? Now this is refreshing!

So...Are you on OUR side or theirs?
What do YOU think?

I'm going to take that as a yes then because he often posts in Wi/Ht.

People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time.
Bahhhh... it's back to normal now. ;_;

All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy

Is it OK for Frog and Miss Piggy to have sex? Is it OK for Donkey from Shrek to have sex with a dragon? NO IT'S NOT!
Kermit and Miss Piggy shag all the time, baby. It's only natural.

You support this sick shit? ;_;

And I'll never (probably) get around to watching it. O_o

There are tons of better films to watch.

At 3/29/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: I AM. THE LAW!
No, if I wanted a short, authroitarian, I'd have picked Les Grossman - at least I can understand what he's saying. See below.

YOU BETRAY THE LAW!

Viva la revolution!

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-06 19:37:28

At 1/27/10 03:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: favour

HE SPELLED FAVOR WITH A "U"!

HE IS NOT MESSING AROUND.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 04:11:03

Birthday Celebrations over, back to business.

At 4/6/10 05:23 PM, Fro wrote:
What the hell Coop?

Okay... that's a little strange.

Don't worry, I'll do it myself!
No, not us - it was the Micks.

So am I.

"Now you will die, yankee bathtard man."

At 4/6/10 06:16 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/29/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: Is it OK for Frog and Miss Piggy to have sex? Is it OK for Donkey from Shrek to have sex with a dragon? NO IT'S NOT!

I'll hate it, won't I?

Knowing you, yes.

JUST St. Patrick's Day? Damn, I gotta wait until it's March again to regain this ability. On the bright side, I'll have a golden fist.
O.o A golden fist, on St. Patrick's day, to be sure. 'tis a good omen.
Well, I'll get the golden fist beforehand but yeah, that's my level icon for when that time comes.

Nice. It will be used to good effect then :)

At 4/1/10 11:48 PM, gfoxcook wrote: "People think Kevin Bacon is insane because Kevin Bacon is frowning all the time."
He better be frowning all the time now that the whole site isn't talking about that egotistical prick. :P

No, I think he's insane.

At 3/29/10 11:34 AM, Bahamut wrote: I AM. THE LAW!
No, if I wanted a short, authroitarian, I'd have picked Les Grossman - at least I can understand what he's saying. See below.
YOU BETRAY THE LAW!

*sigh* I betray bad acting of a great comic book hero. Judge Dredd was great, until Stallone applied his "as loud and as garbled as I can make it" acting method to it.

At 4/6/10 07:37 PM, sumidiotdude wrote:
At 1/27/10 03:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: favour
HE SPELLED FAVOR WITH A "U"!

HE IS NOT MESSING AROUND.

One never messes around with the position of the letter 'U' in a word, you know.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 07:43:44

At 4/3/10 11:24 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: ...However, General doesn't have a total monopoly on questionable threads here.
I left the RCVL because it was (and still is) nothing but an entirely arbitrary exercise in statwhoring. The only reason I could find for it still being so much as allowed at all is because a mod started the first one, and it's just become a bit of an institution.

Granted the RCVL started out as a list to compare stats of regulars and mods in the Wi/Ht?, it really has evolved in to an institution of finding upstanding people who might qualify Membership. It doesn't say you have to gain stats to be a member; just being helpful in the Wi/Ht? is the only requirement.

I think it's obvious by now that I just don't value idle chat on a forum. Sorry for not using Newgrounds as a substitute for a social life, but I don't find it fun or meaningful on any level, and it's not what I came here for.

Different strokes for different folks. :)

At 4/6/10 05:23 PM, Fro wrote: Yeah, that's just like my first thread ever. I asked about some things and I automatically went to the general forum since I wasn't use to the set up. I was asking about the whistle system and the batting average system.

I remember a bunch of terrible posts that just turned me away from the forums and I didn't revisit them for several years later. Looking back at the thread now the posts were deleted and a mod answered my questions, but I never even noticed because I left the topic alone.

Kids will be kids. They try to be bullies, they try to be humorous, but they never try to be helpful, unfortunately.

My first experiences on this forum was that I was pretty apprehensive about posting. I didn't really post much back in the day and even then it was basically to answer questions much like I do now.

You have to admit. We are a dying breed on this site. They need people like us to keep newer users from running away.

That is true. Some of the up starts Wi/Ht? Regulars have since left, like Dingo mwmike et al., which really worries me some. What will happen when I finally do leave?

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 07:53:40

Good god! with all this large chunky posts in play we will start a black hole! EVERYONE BACK INTO THE CAR!

hey guys this car is my mouse i'm serous! it's so cool ^^ also my name is death harpist

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 08:22:23

Has the Revolution started yet?

PhantomMask - Kick-ass teenager

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 10:12:24

At 4/8/10 08:22 AM, PhantomMask wrote: Has the Revolution started yet?

Don't be silly.

This thread defines the phrase;

"All talk no action"

PROVE ME WRONG WI/HTERS PROVE ME WRONG.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 10:35:24

At 4/8/10 04:11 AM, Coop83 wrote: Birthday Celebrations over, back to business.

Sure you can keep up old man?

Okay... that's a little strange.

My bad...

So am I.

The difference between me and most Americans is I have a complete understanding of how ignorant the American culture is. Even to the point where I know the term American is offensive to some other countries since America would also cover everywhere from the very tip of North America down to the bottom of South America.

Our people our really dumb for the most part and I'm accepting of this. Other than that, yes I am a yankee bathtard man.

Just on the subject of stupid Americans... a few days ago I heard a girl say, "I hate when people are weird." She followed it shortly with, "I hate when people aren't accepting and don't want to try knew things." I laughed at her, but I don't think she figured out why.

At 4/8/10 07:43 AM, reverend wrote:
Granted the RCVL started out as a list to compare stats of regulars and mods in the Wi/Ht?, it really has evolved in to an institution of finding upstanding people who might qualify Membership. It doesn't say you have to gain stats to be a member; just being helpful in the Wi/Ht? is the only requirement.

About half of the regulars wouldn't even be regulars if it had anything to do with stats. The whole point was to help if I wasn't mistaken. Perhaps it is good that he left if he thought it was about the stats.

My first experiences on this forum was that I was pretty apprehensive about posting. I didn't really post much back in the day and even then it was basically to answer questions much like I do now.

You were lucky enough to find the promise land much sooner than I was able to.

That is true. Some of the up starts Wi/Ht? Regulars have since left, like Dingo mwmike et al., which really worries me some. What will happen when I finally do leave?

There will be a few to pick up your pace. Actually, I'd answer a lot more questions if you weren't around, but you simply get to them faster than I do. Questions would be answered, just not as soon. Someone will always be there to pick up the slack, but if they slowly die off then it will get harder and harder each time.

At 4/8/10 10:12 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Don't be silly.

This thread defines the phrase;

"All talk no action"

It actually shows ignorance of how something can pass right underneath your nose and you're not even evident of it.

You're still posting aren't you?

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 10:43:55

At 4/8/10 10:35 AM, Fro wrote:
You're still posting aren't you?

Gagsy posting? Hardly a miracle.

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 11:26:56

At 4/8/10 07:43 AM, reverend wrote:

I've just gone through the last 5 pages of that thread to see if I've missed something, and I can honestly say, I haven't.
There's like one post out of the 150 I read that isn't focused entirely on the administration, expansion, and / or competition factor of the list itself. The rest of Wi/Ht seems to be of little concern in it save for who gets invited in. And if you're there primarily to help, what's the significance in being on a stat list like that? I can be just as useful in the threads asking for help, RCVL or not.

About half of the regulars wouldn't even be regulars if it had anything to do with stats. The whole point was to help if I wasn't mistaken. Perhaps it is good that he left if he thought it was about the stats.

If you're talking about the forum itself (which I haven't left BTW), then yes, but that list is a near total microcosm in relation to the whole point of the forum its in.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-08 12:03:21

At 4/8/10 04:11 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/6/10 06:16 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'll hate it, won't I?
Knowing you, yes.

Yep, just regular dragon on dragon action is all I like.

Nice. It will be used to good effect then :)

Of course, and so will your trident.

No, I think he's insane.

An insane egotistical prick?

YOU BETRAY THE LAW!
*sigh* I betray bad acting of a great comic book hero. Judge Dredd was great, until Stallone applied his "as loud and as garbled as I can make it" acting method to it.

You mean you don't get any amusement from how silly those lines are?

LAAAAAAAAW!

We shall start soon enough. We just need to find the right threads for us all to post in that aren't birthday threads.

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-10 08:41:36

At 4/8/10 07:53 AM, deathharpist wrote: Good god! with all this large chunky posts in play we will start a black hole! EVERYONE BACK INTO THE CAR!

Chunky posts's won't cause a black ho-

Yeah, it started when I posted the thread.

At 4/8/10 10:12 AM, Gagsy wrote: This thread defines the phrase;

"All talk no action"

*hand hovers perilously close to admin button by Gagsy's profile*

At 4/8/10 04:11 AM, Coop83 wrote: Birthday Celebrations over, back to business.
Sure you can keep up old man?

Me? I'm fighting fit

So am I.

The difference between me and most Americans is I have a complete understanding of how ignorant the American culture is. Even to the point where I know the term American is offensive to some other countries since America would also cover everywhere from the very tip of North America down to the bottom of South America.

Our people our really dumb for the most part and I'm accepting of this. Other than that, yes I am a yankee bathtard man.

I was only quoting Saddam Hussein from Hot Shots part deux

Just on the subject of stupid Americans... a few days ago I heard a girl say, "I hate when people are weird." She followed it shortly with, "I hate when people aren't accepting and don't want to try knew things." I laughed at her, but I don't think she figured out why.

And your new entrant for retard of the day, April 9th 2010 is:

At 4/8/10 12:03 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 4/8/10 04:11 AM, Coop83 wrote:
YOU BETRAY THE LAW!
You mean you don't get any amusement from how silly those lines are?

Sadly, very little - we did spend quite a lot of time (and drink a lot of booze) while discussing how anyone in the world would have made a better Judge Dredd.

At one point, it was mooted that Judy Garland would have done a better job with the acting.

LAAAAAAAAW!

I want you to start teaching at the academy, Dredd.

Marksmanship, or combat

Acting.

At 4/8/10 10:43 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 4/8/10 10:35 AM, Fro wrote: You're still posting aren't you?
Gagsy posting? Hardly a miracle.

Are you saying that you not posting would be a miracle.

In that case, gentlemen, it has been proven that I can cause miracles!

BEHOLD! I AM YOUR SAVOUR!

Viva la revolution!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-11 23:05:04

SPECIAL REPLY JUST FOR SHEIZENHAMMER to make him feel like a real Wi/Ht?er for the first time in WHOKNOWSWHEN:

At 4/3/10 11:24 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: What I meant was it should go to Stickam (or any chat room, really) instead of being on the BBS, whereas the first random line was thinking about having it both here AND in Stickam.

I know what you meant. And I meant what I said about not knowing WTF Stickam is, so... answer remains: HELL NO, WE WON'T GO.

Confusing misunderstanding averted!

Take the last couple of multi-quote replies in here. I honestly can't see why you or any of the others bothered to write most of the individual replies to the posts you quoted, because all the replies really boil down to is single-line responses that are of little substance in themselves.

We're writing lame multi-quote replies in here for fun to make fun of ourselves and General at the same time, though. This thread is a parody of the reality of Wi/Ht? as much as it is an attack on General that has no chance of succeeding.

If you really think that all the multi-quote replies we do over on Wi/Ht? (be they on LUL or in a more specific topic like a stat listing or somesuch) equate with what we're doing here... you be trippin', dude!

My main point to you last week or the week before that or whenever that was...

...was this:

Whether each of our replies to a quote in our huge-ass posts is worthwhile OR NOT... we're not posting chiefly to inflate our postcount like a +1er tends to... because if we were trying to do that, EACH POINTLESS (or pointful) REPLY to a quote would have its OWN post, for maximum postcountage. And wouldn't have a quote in it, probably.

Instead, we lump a dozen (or two) replies into ONE POST, nicely pruned, with clear quotes showing who said what, instead of confusing one-liners after one-liners with no fucking attribution at all, like your typical General thread filled with Generalheads.

So... Whatever you think of the quality of our discussions, you cannot call us +1ers because if we were +1ers, we're DOING IT WRONG. @_@

Got me now? Just trying to draw a line in the sand between +1ers and multi-quote repliers. I never said a specific reply within a multi-quote reply couldn't be as pointless as a +1er's post... just that it's not the ENTIRITY of that post, thank the maker.

I won't speak for an "average regular," I'll speak for myself:

Nearly all of it.

And I never said every post I make on Wi/Ht? is high-quality. Just that I'll put the average quality of my giant 8k-sized multi-quote replies up against any +1 jackass on General with any independent judge and expect to win the decision.

SUCH IS LIFE, dude. Find me a non-pointless site on the internet, BBS/forum-wise. :::starts stopwatch but doesn't hold his breath:::

Again, in terms of how and why you're posting I can agree, but exactly what these big posts are largely made up of still leaves me able to draw a few parallels between a big multi-quote like this and a small thread from General.

Depends on the big posts in question. As I said, quality varies, YMMV, &c &c &c... oh, and don't judge Wi/Ht? by this thread alone. We're here to mock General, not to be on our best behaviour, dagnabit! o_O

^^This is the one thing that really DOES need to change. God, the amount of utterly worthless threads around here is just moronic. Most of them have been done to death and then some (read: weed, masturbation, girlfriends etc.). I wish more people would actually have some creativity about making a new thread...

Yay, we have a tiny bit of common ground, then. Cheers. #;-}>

P.S. this little bit at the end was to someone else, not to me, but I'm replying to it anyway... b/c I'm gfoxy like that:

I think it's obvious by now that I just don't value idle chat on a forum.

Most of us use sites like NG because we DO value idle chat on a forum and we don't need all of our online discussions to be meaningful. So... again... YMMV. Seriously, dude, do you only value spending time on scientific or medical forums online or something? If so, why on earth do you still come to NG? O_o

Sorry for not using Newgrounds as a substitute for a social life, but I don't find it fun or meaningful on any level, and it's not what I came here for.

If NG was a substitute for a social life, I'd be jonesing for more human interactions. I post in the threads I used to post in every week 5+ years ago... nowadays maybe every 3-4 months on average. Sucks to be me. ;_;

Anyway, no need to apologise for not being like the rest of us, dude. Just don't sound so preachy like you're trying to get us to evolve into your type of online user with such a great "Real Life"(TM) that he has to come back to NG and say how his enriching, epic RL means he doesn't need friends on NG, basically. (I know you weren't saying that exactly, but that's how a lot of people might interpret that bit of your post).

BBS Signature

Response to Viva la revolution! 2010-04-12 09:13:00

At 4/11/10 11:05 PM, gfoxcook wrote: SPECIAL REPLY JUST FOR SHEIZENHAMMER to make him feel like a real Wi/Ht?er for the first time in WHOKNOWSWHEN:

Doing half a job, Greg? That's really poor form, I'm afraid.

Go and check the B/P ranks 51+ thread for my reply to Bahamut (You'll love it, I know) and then report back here for some more quotage!

At 4/11/10 11:47 PM, HecticCircleCrap wrote: Shit.

Isn't gfoxcook selling manure? 2 Blocks away, on the East side. I'm sure than he could find a use for you there, small child.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature