00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mihaithecool just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

PM system updates? 2010-01-06 15:38:23

Did any of you guys also notice that there's new features in your inbox? Precise times messages are received, times given when quoting someone's message, new icons in the inbox itself. New status column.

Did I miss something or did this just happen?

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 15:39:15

At 1/6/10 03:38 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Did I miss something or did this just happen?

Just happened.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1135 693

BBS Signature

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 15:46:13

At 1/6/10 03:39 PM, absent wrote:
Just happened.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1135 693

Yea, as you can tell, I don't lurk General much. Thanks for the link!

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 17:35:51

I noticed this as well. However, sometimes when I click to open a PM, it just goes to a blank white page. It's only occasional though, and it goes back to normal once i switch the page.

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 17:42:24

At 1/6/10 05:35 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: I noticed this as well. However, sometimes when I click to open a PM, it just goes to a blank white page. It's only occasional though, and it goes back to normal once i switch the page.

It's probably just an error occurring because the whole thing is brand new. If it keeps happening clear your cache, if it doesn't stop after that, you should pm liljim with details.

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 18:29:36

It happend to me too. The new thing was a suprise seeing as the first thing I did on NG today was check my inbox.

BBS Signature

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 19:18:03

I'm guessing this feature will be moving to the forum aswell anytime soon? The whole replying to posts without opening a new window is a feature that they've been meaning to do for a while now.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 19:28:15

At 1/6/10 07:18 PM, simon wrote: I'm guessing this feature will be moving to the forum aswell anytime soon? The whole replying to posts without opening a new window is a feature that they've been meaning to do for a while now.

What? Replying to a post never opens a new window for me.

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 21:03:12

At 1/6/10 07:28 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 1/6/10 07:18 PM, simon wrote: I'm guessing this feature will be moving to the forum aswell anytime soon? The whole replying to posts without opening a new window is a feature that they've been meaning to do for a while now.

You knew what I meant, loading a new page. Should've been done in-page from the start of the new layout with the review system.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-06 22:30:36

At 1/6/10 09:03 PM, simon wrote:
At 1/6/10 07:28 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
You knew what I meant, loading a new page. Should've been done in-page from the start of the new layout with the review system.

I thought you were talking about BBS posting. Yes, that's a nice addition to the PM system.

Though... something like that for the BBS would be amazing.

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-08 09:09:20

Is anyone else having issues with your inbox always showing full?
I just deleted a shitload of pages but people still complaining that it says my inbox is full.

None

BBS Signature

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-08 09:14:31

At 1/8/10 09:09 AM, Luis wrote: Is anyone else having issues with your inbox always showing full?
I just deleted a shitload of pages but people still complaining that it says my inbox is full.

No, my mailbox shows 1/3 full. Must be all that congrats mail you're getting Luis! lol

Don't you work with liljim now? Go ask him ha ha!

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-08 11:51:56

Turns out my inbox has been over the limit for quite some time but it just 'allowed' and this year i guess its being more strict so now i have to delete a shitton of em.

The lesson here is keep your inbox tidy! No reason for pages of 2006 pm's

None

BBS Signature

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-08 12:02:03

Yeah, my inbox was full too. I liked to have kept the old PMs to read back at a later point but if they really need to go to make space, so be it. I would have liked a notice about this, though. I'm guessing this has something to do with the upcoming sentbox.

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-08 12:56:58

At 1/8/10 12:02 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'm guessing this has something to do with the upcoming sent box.

It probably does. It would only make sense if you're going to add a sent box, that you should split the space you already allow for the pm messaging system per user.

Half of the old inbox space will be the space for the sent box.

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-08 12:57:11

At 1/8/10 12:02 PM, Bahamut wrote: Yeah, my inbox was full too. I liked to have kept the old PMs to read back at a later point but if they really need to go to make space, so be it. I would have liked a notice about this, though. I'm guessing this has something to do with the upcoming sentbox.

Just sent the PMs you want to keep to one of your alts. You could even sort them by sending them to different alts. ^^

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to PM system updates? 2010-01-08 15:37:08

At 1/8/10 12:56 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 1/8/10 12:02 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'm guessing this has something to do with the upcoming sent box.
It probably does. It would only make sense if you're going to add a sent box, that you should split the space you already allow for the pm messaging system per user.

liljim said that the quota would be doubled. so instead of 1mb worth youd have 2mb to distribute amongst sent/recieved pm's

it would be cool if there was a notice telling you that you arent recieving pm's though. like i always thought i had a little sliver of space left. guess not :p

None

BBS Signature