00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Warhammer Fantasy Collab

15,280 Views | 122 Replies

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-08 02:25:17

At 1/7/10 02:25 PM, saltoric wrote:
Here's a screenshot (sorry for low res and the outside white i'll clean it up to fit when i finish the piece)

it looks really good actually

but can he fbf it ? :o

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-08 03:14:26

i just came up with my idea for this collab! its really short...but i think its quite funny...esp for ppl who actually played warhammer!...when was the due date? was there one?

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-08 11:26:49

Sorry for my recent lack of activity here - it's been a rough week and the next one's going to be the same. Apologies for that.

But, bright side, it looks like the collab's moving on - keep on working on your stuff to reach your highest standard :) And no due dates till now :)

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-08 14:53:13

At 1/8/10 02:25 AM, flashbound18 wrote:

He's not going to be the one moving (yes it's an anti vampire animation) and it's actually original idea.
Can anyone recommend some male voice actors (good ones prefebaly).

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-08 16:17:13

At 1/8/10 02:53 PM, saltoric wrote:
At 1/8/10 02:25 AM, flashbound18 wrote:

He's not going to be the one moving (yes it's an anti vampire animation) and it's actually original idea.
Can anyone recommend some male voice actors (good ones prefebaly).

NoReason is a pretty good voice acter too, you should check him out!

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-09 04:07:50

K thanks guys because i needed to have the voices before i could continue from what i've started off with.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-09 04:23:29

Omg i didn't know about any of these rules.

- 620x360 stage; NOT flash default
- 24 FPS (Frames Per Second)
- Make sure you save your part in Flash 8 Format, this is to keep file size down as saving in CS3 format doubles file size.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-09 04:29:56

Oh yeh sorry for the triple post but im using this as my overall piece not my audition piece as this one will probably be 15 - 20 seconds long. Sooo could i send it to you when it's finished and you decide if it will be allowed in.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-09 06:02:07

At 1/9/10 04:29 AM, saltoric wrote: Oh yeh sorry for the triple post but im using this as my overall piece not my audition piece as this one will probably be 15 - 20 seconds long. Sooo could i send it to you when it's finished and you decide if it will be allowed in.

Dw man, post it here once it's done. However, could you email me the process till now (dw about bugs and incomplete scenes) - i'd like to have a look at it and point out if there's anyhting that needs arranging :) [thebomblu@hotmail.com]

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-09 11:24:05

things seem to be going smoothly. I put this JPEG together to stimulate conversation, a little late I guess...

...but fuck you all im still posting it
(my latest project; any ideas, criticism?)

The Warhammer Fantasy Collab

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-09 11:35:36

At 1/9/10 11:24 AM, flashbound18 wrote: things seem to be going smoothly. I put this JPEG together to stimulate conversation, a little late I guess...

...but fuck you all im still posting it
(my latest project; any ideas, criticism?)

haha, space hulk.

looks very nice, good detail and looks very ambient.

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-09 11:49:27

Soz bomblu that's all i got in the screenshot until i put in the sound and animate the lips. Im checking for the sound now on my email. I'll email you after i put it in with the lip syncing.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-09 15:31:10

I knew how to change it (and i use CS4) it was just that i didn't see those rules when i read through the rules first time (was probably tired).

Oh yeah can you guys reccomend soemone who has got cs3 that could get my file into flash 8 when i've finished. In cs4 you can save it as a cs3 file and in cs3 you can save it as a flash 8 file.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-10 12:00:46

At 1/9/10 03:31 PM, saltoric wrote: I knew how to change it (and i use CS4) it was just that i didn't see those rules when i read through the rules first time (was probably tired).

Oh yeah can you guys reccomend soemone who has got cs3 that could get my file into flash 8 when i've finished. In cs4 you can save it as a cs3 file and in cs3 you can save it as a flash 8 file.

I can do it

but seriously guys, we're not converting your shit for you. if your version will save in flash 8, then save it in flash 8. we will make exceptions to people that cant/

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-12 23:35:41

Hooray!
*and there was much rejoycing*

~I'm Commander Shepard And this is my favorite Animator on Newgrounds~

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-13 04:57:14

Well, my 2 assignments close this friday - no school today so i'm finishing off my final 'relief'. I still need to finish off my three 3d sculptures, 1k word assignment evaluation, finish off history and design research... yep...quite a lot of stuff.

Good thing is i'll be 'off' next week so i'll work on this collab :D And my xbox... and mah models... and go watch Avatar... and have a kitkat

So much to do

So little time

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-13 14:17:25

Got my voice actor to get me my first sentence needed. It's exactly how i wanted it and so am now going to start animating.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-14 10:47:34

O

M

F

G

AWSOME PIC THERE MAN! Hell... that's some damn good art...

Btw... from next next week i'll be following my new time table which means finish at 2:30 on monday, 12:00 on tue and thurs and 10:00 am on friday - oh, i dont have school on wednesday :D So, unless i'm blinded by this awsome time table and get flooded with assignemnts, i should have more 'week time' to spend on this collab.

And tomorrow's the last day for this assignment stuff and i'm still not done!!!! D:

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-14 15:32:57

Won't be able to animate till Sunday as my computer crashed and i had to reinstall windows and i'll have flash adn everything back on Sunday. till then i do nothing.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-14 18:41:13

At 1/14/10 10:47 AM, BoMbLu wrote: And tomorrow's the last day for this assignment stuff and i'm still not done!!!! D:

on an a completely reverse spirited note, I have mid term exams for all of next week. no animating for me :(

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-17 12:08:35

thanx for introducing me Forbidmetal :D
first greetings to all, and i am glad for being part of this collab. and looking forward to know the part that am going to play :D

oh and here is my cgtalk portfolio..
saint max portfolio

cheers

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-17 15:09:00

SO! im gonna get to work on my part but i need a GOOD voice actor who can do a VERY GOOD hugh grant-esk british accent.

if u think u can do it, hit me up! ill send u the script so i can get started animating!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-18 15:30:03

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-18 18:51:30

I must say, I am very excited to see a Warhammer collab in the works. Keep it going, wooo!

Also, I am British. And I like to dabble in voice work. Any takers? I can do a couple of auditions if needed. I do havea sound file with a couple of samples uploaded on a site, if anyone wants the link to hear some of it?

Also, vague scene idea:

Outside: a run-down town, some of the buildings in a state of collapse. A tattered sign reads "Mordheim," underneath which is written "3 days since apocalyptic meteor." (The '3' is a hastily scrawled piece of card hung in front of the word 'days', as seen in numerous trailer park signs.) The camera zooms into the dark doorway of a tattered house. Cut to the stairs leading into the basement, and through a trapdoor into the sewers.

2 Skaven are staring at a large, silver plate, with a glowing piece of green warpstone sat on it. They look at each other, then look back at the warpstone.
Skav1: How lucky are we?
Skav2: I dunno man, this don't sit right with me.
Skav1: But it's right there. Ripe for the taking.
Skav2: This ain't right, man.
Skav1: And that silver plate's gotta be worth something too. (pause). I'm going for it.
Skaven 1 skitters along the floor. He looks shiftily left, then right, and sniffs at the air. Satisfied there is no danger, he rubs his hands together greedily, and grabs the green stone from the plate. There is a click, and a huge metal bar slams down on Skaven1, the warpstone flies out of his hand. The camera zooms out, revealing a giant mouse trap.

...I'm not good at closing the scene off, so let's leave it to discussion.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-19 17:20:18

LOL I CLAIM THIS!!!! MINE!!!!

goddamn it forbid!

missed another good one :(

back to studying....

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-19 19:37:06

At 1/19/10 12:05 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: LOL I CLAIM THIS!!!! MINE!!!!

Funny joke man!, I'll animate this out if you don't mind?
Hey, if you can make any more great jokes, keep posting them, we can never have to many ideas!
Also, RedHarvest is looking for someone who is good at doing a good Hugh Grant accent, if you're from the South of England (like me) you might be able to put together a good accent for it, though, are you Welsh? Your name seems to indicate it, contact RedHarvest and have a try there.

Also, post the link of your voicework here, so others may see it.
TAKE IT EASY,

BYE!!!!

Awesome, glad you liked the idea! I'll see if I can come up with anything else to contribute, writing-wise. In the meantime, here are some links to a couple of voice-based pieces I've done. I can try other vocal ranges, possibly.

Various Samples
The Coward's Survival Guide
Emergency Broadcast system

I'll have to make some new ones at some point.

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-23 23:45:59

I'm still available if you need a voice as well. Did the bit for saltoric there without any enhancments or audio fx.

GiantJuicyKickballs the voice actor! May The Voice Be With You!

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-24 09:48:14

At 1/23/10 11:45 PM, GiantJuicyKickballs wrote: I'm still available if you need a voice as well. Did the bit for saltoric there without any enhancments or audio fx.

The VA's are more active then the animators :(

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-24 14:22:59

not trying to be a dick- but i would be doin a lot more for this project if there were deadlines.

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2010-01-24 14:38:01

At 1/24/10 02:22 PM, RedHarvest wrote: not trying to be a dick- but i would be doin a lot more for this project if there were deadlines.

I myself though that a lack of deadlines would make us work more, alas - i was wrong. I for one dont seem to find any decent time to animate anthing recently - and with tomorrow bringing in new assignments, i'm afraid i'm going to have to struggle even harder.

So, i'm going to leave it up to you guys in general, to propose some ideas for deadlines, etc. Before this becomes the Warhammer Radio Comedy Show... all these voiceactors... :P