00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpicyTurtlArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Warhammer Fantasy Collab

15,286 Views | 122 Replies

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-06 12:51:47

The actual origin of that joke was about the english (orcs) and the scots (dwarfs) during the war for freedom which william wallace and robert the bruce helped make possible.

People remake jokes all the time. Besides, if it's good for a laugh, why not? Better than a c*ck joke.

GiantJuicyKickballs the voice actor! May The Voice Be With You!

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-06 20:49:53

so where are our comedy writers?

get me dane cook so I can kick him in the balls

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-07 00:37:42

Just a quick question. You mentioned writers needed on the update on the 40k collab, and not to sound braggy or anything, but my mini-library of warhammer fantasy books and me could think of a few good jokes that can or cannot be very lore-oriented.

I really liked the 40k collab. But that's probably because I practically memorized the 40k lore. And I could see how non-fans might be very confused.(Ex. The one with Fulgrim, Fabius, and Angorn) My personal favorite was the very first one with the Eldar Titan(or Wraith-Lord?). So if you want me to post some jokes that you can use which ever way you want, just tell me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-07 00:40:11

Just a quick example,thought up in 10 seconds. I know its not that good, but like I said thought it up in 10 seconds.

Shows two skaven sitting at a table, looking seriously drugged up when a third walks in. They both jump up,eyes gleaming yelling "yous get the stuff?!" "Hell yeah" pulling out a tiny plastic bag filled with a red powder labled: "warpstone" which they proceed to line up with a razor and snort. Then one of them foams up at the mouth,mutters incoherently, then dies, the other ones crying at the body. The screen then goes black and one off them pops up saying "What? You think drug abuse is funny?"

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-07 16:47:46

Well thank you very much. I'm currently working on a skit starring Gotrek and Felix. And how they have just about killed every creature in the warhammer world.

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-07 22:33:25

By the way, should I PM someone the script or joke or just post it here?

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-08 03:37:51

At 12/7/09 10:33 PM, TheFarseer wrote: By the way, should I PM someone the script or joke or just post it here?

Keeping the scrypt 'secret' with the animator is a good idea but we as organisers and the other collaborators NEED to criticise it if possible (both the good points and the bad) so we'll hopefully have a 'Win' joke in each short...

So post the joke here 1st ;p

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-09 21:59:23

bump

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-09 22:11:01

oh i hope you remember me ;)

i might do a small bit if i have time and theres still room.

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-10 01:01:31

There is room, just work on that sketch as an audition :)

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-10 21:29:38

At 12/9/09 10:11 PM, micky315 wrote: oh i hope you remember me ;)

i might do a small bit if i have time and theres still room.

yes, there is room.. but you must re audition for this collab

oh, sorry about that random image earlier....

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-11 10:56:50

did you still want/need me for any writing or voice acting? Just curious. Bye.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-12 14:59:32

Hey y'all! Just finished a skit for the Warhammer collab. Hope you like. By the way anybody wannna tell me the rating we wanna give this? Just cause I wanna know what's appropriate and whats not. Kay bye.

"Daemonette"

Opens up to a beat up looking building. With the words"Secret Slaanesh cult" written in purple on a sign in the front. The word Slaanesh is crudely scribbled out and replaced with "Sigmar". A Witch Hunter passes by, looks at the sign and makes a ridiculous suspicious look saying "Hmmmmm.....". Inside the building is a man strapped to a chair grining like an idiot, with a daemonette walking up to him. She is only wearing a loincloth, but their is a censor bar that switches words every scene between words like:"So close","Not gonna happen", "Get a girlfriend,"PG-13", and so on. She goes up to him saying some sexual innuendo then saying "Are you ready for your reward from the Prince of Pleasure?" *he then nods feverishly* "Are you sure?" in which he say "Yes! A thousand times yes!" She then goes "Well then have it your way". She then undoes her loin-cloth. The screen is a silhouette fromt he side view showing tentacles, crab claws, and everything you DON"T want there. The skit ends with a close-up of the guys face, eyes wide, saying "NO NO NO NO! Ahhhhhhhhh........."

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-12 20:26:40

Hey i have a less than decent story that quickly popped up in my head.

well the whole short starts off with an empire soldier walking in a dark "scary" cave, sneaking himself as silent as he can. you can see it on his facial expression that he is worried (but drawn in a comical way so its funny), its pretty dark and you hear something rasling in the background. the empire soldier quickly turns around, but doesn't see anything. He continues his path when suddently, a raven bites him on the shoulder. He Screams RABIES as he runs out the cave with his arms waving super fast (like in the anime's) crying.

I might be able to finish the animation before the upcoming 2 weeks.
Do u guys think i can send the finished product as the audition, or will it be too late?

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-12 21:40:21

At 12/11/09 10:43 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: lool it's nice to see the collab failing so well ;p

Maybe people just cba with fantasy, everyone seems to prefer 40K (myself included)

DISCUSS!!

40K does indeed have a larger fanbase than Fantasy has. I could certainly say that I'd be able to come up with much more material for it too.

However, don't let my voice be the only one heard before deciding to change the theme. =P

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 04:37:33

Keep working on the stuff guys, i liked the slaanesh one ;p

As for the supposedly 'lack of people'.... well i think we were all expecting some of the funny40k one to come back (apart from us 3) - all i can spot is mickey and redharvest....

Then again coming to think of it there werent many animators in the 40k one after all :P

I'll try scout some ppl dw - i find your lack of faith disturbing Forbid... serious 40k... i'm tired of the 41st millenium :D

So - to keep this thread going...

Why do ppl play more 40k than Fantasy - the rules are relatively simpler, you normally need less models (lets face it, 50% of the players use marines or chaos marines) and the game is much faster than a Fantasy one would take. Fantasy needs more brains than brawn (generally speeking) and it's more time consuming - i for one take quite a long time painting my models and making sure they all rank up nicely, thats why i prefare fantasy to 40k. Not that i was never tempted to start 40k, but the armies i love are all metal (deamon hunters and sisters of battle).

So, let's keep discussing the hobby and our cartoons on this page guys - and stop losing faith in this stuff, we're still in the v.early stages of it all...

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 04:50:58

Sorry for the double post - Re. Deamonette:

Let me come up with some visuals... i might do this sketch :D

PS. I've got this school project (western based animation) so it might take me some time till i start contributing 100% here - but i'll sketch the deamonette and stuff, i likes ;p

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 10:40:34

@Ekoi

Yes, if things don't pick up around here, than it is possible, We would probably go for a Serious 40k one if this doesn't end up taking off, for whatever reason. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, I want this released to for once appease the Fantasy fans as well.

Dont poke at changing topic until what we're doing now runs its course. If this collab fails, then recommend an alternative. but it isnt really fair talk about that now. the collab is bomblus baby, so save the 40k chat until it becomes needed

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 12:07:51

All your end is nigh talk Forbid... tut tut ;p

Yes, hopefully it'll be my baby and there wont be any miscarriages... let alone an abortion by Forbidmetal... british bastard....

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 14:37:16

well.... Here is my audition guys ;)

I'l be fixing the backgrounds and make them a loth nicer, but i can't be bothered as late it is now :'D

<a>http://www.swfcabin.com/open/12607299 47<a>

oh yeah, i was thinking i could make 2 more shorts like these, were f. eksample the dude fights like one skaven, and after a long epic battle and after finally killing it he feels pretty confident, until he watches to the side where there are like, loads more.

Oh well, C&C is welcome ;)

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 15:34:48

At 12/13/09 02:37 PM, hengen wrote: well.... Here is my audition guys ;)

Thanks for auditionhing Hengen - as always, we still need more and more auditions to tell each and every one of you if you're in or not.

You've just got one thing wrong, and that's the dimensions - our canvas size is MUCH bigger than the one you've used so if you REALY want to join i'll suggest you follow these tips:

1) Read the full 1st post (yeah it's a bit long, but we wanted to get things out as clear as possible)
2) Increase the canvas size
3) bring your stuff to the highest level possible - it's an audition so take this seriously

You can re-fix it if you'd like man :)

Little update from my part - i'm sketching some stuff for the slaanesh one :D

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 15:36:18

i gotta agree with forbid, the 40k universe is alot more unique, and has alot more awesome stuff (and fluff?).

x]

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 16:36:08

well, i wasn't able to sleep so i fixed the size of the screen like you wanted ;)

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1260737470

quickly noticed how poorly drawn the character was, so i guess i might as well just redraw the whole thing (and background).

as always C&C is welcome

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 16:37:59

Sorry for double post D:

I uploaded the non fixed one >.<

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 17:16:36

Good to see you're trying it out again - i'm pm'ing you the idea i had for your storyline - just some more development to make it as funny as possible - and get that art to the highest level possible ;p

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-13 22:15:26

At 12/13/09 04:50 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Sorry for the double post - Re. Deamonette:

Let me come up with some visuals... i might do this sketch :D

PS. I've got this school project (western based animation) so it might take me some time till i start contributing 100% here - but i'll sketch the deamonette and stuff, i likes ;p

Well thank you very much! It means a ton for someone to enjoy my work. With that in mind I'll happily keep on posting skits for you guys. I am a BIG fan of the Warhammer(and 40k) books. If you guys have any specific requests for skits(like with certain characters or something) please just send me a PM, and I'll get right on it. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-14 02:14:24

So let's see...

there's me, flashbound, forbid, redharvest and nuttro seem interested and they had v good parts in the last collab, mickey posted his wishes and hengen's fixing his audition. Say everyone's in that's 7 so i'm assuming it's 6 for now, we're 1 down from the final number of animators for the 40k one - not too bad... BUT KEEP COMING!

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-14 19:57:53

At 12/14/09 02:14 AM, BoMbLu wrote: So let's see...

there's me, flashbound, forbid, redharvest and nuttro seem interested and they had v good parts in the last collab, mickey posted his wishes and hengen's fixing his audition. Say everyone's in that's 7 so i'm assuming it's 6 for now, we're 1 down from the final number of animators for the 40k one - not too bad... BUT KEEP COMING!

Sorry to be dead and all, but don't forget about me

sort of had an idea buzzing around my head but not really sure if it is good or not so lets wing it and see what you guys think
Chaos Chosen says to his son "You have finally come of age to join the ranks of Khorn"
The son replys "Dad, i have something to tell you; I don't want to join up with Khorn"
Chosen says "What? I can not believe my ears! GGRAWWWW!!!" and it the camera follows him and he runs off and slaughters an army of the empire (includes him shouting MAIM KILL BURN DESTROY)
When he returns, covered in blood, he is breathing heavy so takes a deep breath and ask "Then what are you planning to do son?"
The son (grins?~will probably have cool chaos helmet..) and says "Slaanesh gots chicks"
and we see over his shoulder some daemonettes smiling and waving~ the hot kind mind you, not the weird mutated ones

~I'm Commander Shepard And this is my favorite Animator on Newgrounds~

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-14 20:38:34

At 12/14/09 07:57 PM, magicswordz wrote: The son replys "Dad, i have something to tell you; I don't want to join up with Khorn"
Chosen says "What? I can not believe my ears! GGRAWWWW!!!" and it the camera follows him and he runs off and slaughters an army of the empire (includes him shouting MAIM KILL BURN DESTROY)

can I respectfully call this one? :D

Response to The Warhammer Fantasy Collab 2009-12-14 21:12:30

At 12/14/09 08:38 PM, flashbound18 wrote:
At 12/14/09 07:57 PM, magicswordz wrote: The son replys "Dad, i have something to tell you; I don't want to join up with Khorn"
can I respectfully call this one? :D

Well, I'm glad that you like it, but I sort of made it up for myself :x
Though I haven't had anytime to draw any of the characters yet, thanks to school work.
How about I give it a try myself, and if I find it too hard to do (i don't have nearly as much flash experience as you do) i give it to you eh?

In the mean time, I can try coming up with other ideas, and refining you guys have come up with so they are better.

Minor edit to my Chosen idea~
son tells his father he is joining slaanshi, the daemons wave to them , and THEN dad freaks out and kills lots of people
i think would make it more clear as to whats happening

~I'm Commander Shepard And this is my favorite Animator on Newgrounds~