00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Homeless = Win

7,717 Views | 119 Replies

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-20 22:33:42

I highly doubt being homeless is pleasant, I mean you have no home to call your own, you can't shower, you are unable to eat whenever you please, and as a homeless you're up against the elements. And I would like to know, how you're able to attend school if you don't even have the money to buy a decent meal.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go lay down on my bed.

Under construction

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-20 22:35:05

At 9/20/09 09:59 PM, Dopefish wrote: Where do you shower? How are you going to make money to buy food, new clothes, shoes, etc.? No respectable business will hire someone who can't provide an actual address on the application, and sooner or later they will stop letting you into the library because you smell or look terrible.

I shower once every 2 days or so now, I can go to a friends place and use their shower, and my girlfriend's doors are always open to me as well, if I need to shower and stuff, I just can't live there at the moment.
I don't need money for clothes, shoes, etc. I can go a day or 2 without food for sure, and there's always a friend of mine who has some snacks in their backpacks or something and they're willing to share with me.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-20 22:42:46

At 9/20/09 10:35 PM, EpicFail wrote: Stuff

Aw so your a moocher? Heh.
Anyway, are gonna try to get a job anytime soon?

"Is this not a reasonable place to park?"

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-20 22:46:04

You pretty much can do whatever you want, that's just it. Hope you've maintained some decent meals though. My boyfriend pretty much lived on the streets all summer once upon a time and like yeah, he became malnourished, I swear. Now I make sure he eats full meals in our place :D

Just get some food in you, that's all. And don't get killed. K.

asdf

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-20 22:46:06

At 9/20/09 10:42 PM, HolyPeanuts wrote:
At 9/20/09 10:35 PM, EpicFail wrote: Stuff
Aw so your a moocher? Heh.
Anyway, are gonna try to get a job anytime soon?

Not a moocher by choice. I would have a home and stuff if it were up to me.
I might try getting a job, I'm not too sure yet, I'm content how I am right now.
Working is never really appealing to me ...

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-20 22:54:12

What your doing very much sounds like my plan if I ever get kicked out of my house for an extended period of time or something. . .

My suggestion is to become good friends with the librarians, especially since you're a very frequent visitor. I was suspended from school for a little over two months and during this time I went to the library 3 or 4 days a week, so the librarians began to recognize me. If you're extra nice and polite to them, it'll go a long way I'm sure.

Also, I think getting a job would greatly benefit you. It'll eat up some of your time so you won't be wandering aimlessly. Plus, even at minimum wage, think of all the things you could afford, especially foodwise! Buy a few loaves of bread and some Peanut butter and you're so for a while.

Just make sure you're nice to everybody who helps you in any way because they're helping you out of the goodness of their heart and you should appreciate everything you get.

I'd also suggest you invest in a notebook and pencil, I'm sure you could get down a bunch of cool drawings or stories or something!

Good luck!

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 06:42:04

You know what, you really should get a job. Then buy a tent and hell you will be set, tent and food and a laptop. Get an extended battery and a wireless internet connection haha.

This post was valuable.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 06:47:49

At 9/20/09 09:09 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 9/20/09 09:00 PM, JKMonkey wrote: so being homeless is good?
Everything in life is what you make of it.

What he is saying is strangely attractive to me.

Pull a knife in a gunfight. Stab him while he is laughing.

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 07:30:34

What exactly did you do to your parents for them to hate your guts?

All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 08:06:38

Wait til you meat a real homeless person who beats the shit out of you for encroaching in his territory and opens your eyes to the real world. If you're couchsurfing, you arent homeless, if you're actually living on a sheet of cardboard in an alley, all your "favorite things about being homeless" are going to eventually end, people are more likely to give money to a nice looking kid than some grizzled old man, but that grizzled old man will eventually want your shit, even if he was nice before. You're posting on the internet so I assume you're couchsurfing or posting from a library, and probably living on some money your parents had you save up, but I recall some other guy saying he was your roommate so this is also probably a fakepost.

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 08:09:52

At 9/20/09 09:35 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 9/20/09 09:19 PM, XIII13 wrote:
Seriously though, where are you? I'd come visit you sometime if you are near me. (Speaking to Epic, btw)
Regina, SK, Canada.

My situation?
I have no home, no job, no money.
I walk around all day and chill in parks with friends, smoke weed, I go read books at the library, I explore the city, sometimes I go out in to the woods and just sit alone in nature and observe it, that's my life in a nutshell right now.

Sounds nice, just a change of lifestyle for a while ( or how long are u planning to stay homeless ? )

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 08:17:28

I'm sure winter will be fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 08:49:18

At 9/21/09 08:17 AM, 360 wrote: I'm sure winter will be fun.

It will be a new experience that I will learn from, I kind of look forward to it to tell you the truth.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 08:54:29

Find the nearest available shed and vacate it for the winter. Seriously.

asdf

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 09:04:05

If this is true, then you interest me greatly. I guess I've always had urges to run away and live rough but never really carried it out.

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 09:05:32

At 9/21/09 08:49 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 9/21/09 08:17 AM, 360 wrote: I'm sure winter will be fun.
It will be a new experience that I will learn from, I kind of look forward to it to tell you the truth.

I'm assuming it gets really cold around those parts?

| I really don't mean what I say... Or do I? |I Signature by Murad136I

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 09:06:54

At 9/21/09 09:05 AM, Wolferz wrote:
I'm assuming it gets really cold around those parts?

Oh fuck yeah it does, it's probably going to suck, but I want to test myself and see if I can take it or not. I'm just trying to find the fun out of all of this, it's a new chapter of my life.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 09:13:58

At 9/21/09 09:06 AM, EpicFail wrote:
Oh fuck yeah it does, it's probably going to suck, but I want to test myself and see if I can take it or not. I'm just trying to find the fun out of all of this, it's a new chapter of my life.

Taking the test, huh? I guess I can respect that. Good luck then.

| I really don't mean what I say... Or do I? |I Signature by Murad136I

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 10:37:51

At 9/21/09 10:35 AM, Keith wrote: I'd turn it into a documentary.

I wish I could.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 10:39:08

gonna be a cold winter in regina

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 10:49:17

At 9/21/09 10:39 AM, Warrickneff wrote: gonna be a cold winter in regina

Yeah, I know. It's going to suck, maybe by the time the snow comes around I'll have a home. It's tough to say.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 13:26:13

Here's a big thing and a blog that might be useful to you, particularly come winter.

I don't see myself being homeless in the foreseeable future, but it's always best to be prepared for things.

Dead.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 13:28:23

At 9/21/09 01:26 PM, Elfer wrote: Here's a big thing and a blog that might be useful to you, particularly come winter.

I don't see myself being homeless in the foreseeable future, but it's always best to be prepared for things.

Thanks man, I'll print these out at the library here and carry them around, read when I can.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 14:15:16

And this way you can eat corn and kidnap people.

cookie to the person who gets the reference

Like my cig? Hah!

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 14:21:47

At 9/21/09 01:28 PM, EpicFail wrote: Thanks man, I'll print these out at the library here and carry them around, read when I can.

Stop thinking of being homeless as an 'experience'. Stop enjoying it. Sooner or later you'll lose contact with your friends, your girlfriend will leave you, and you will be totally alone. In the canadian winter. With no food or shelter.

Gio to your parents and make things right.

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 14:31:42

Well, I once spent an entire night sleeping on 57th Street and 7th Avenue after a nasty fight with my parents. Over the years, I've also slept in train and bus stations while away from home to save money on hotels and hostels.

You seem to be having a lot of fun being homeless, but I don't think I'd ever feel that way. Homelessness should be much more of a burden than an adventure. Maybe it's because your survival skills are better than mine. Plus, you seem to have a larger network of friends than I do. I don't think I'd be able to survive more than three nights on the streets, and even that's pushing it.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 14:38:24

At 9/21/09 02:21 PM, Peroxide wrote:
Stop thinking of being homeless as an 'experience'. Stop enjoying it. Sooner or later you'll lose contact with your friends, your girlfriend will leave you, and you will be totally alone. In the canadian winter. With no food or shelter.

It is an experience though. And I am doing what I can to make the best of it. My friends all hang out downtown pretty much every day and smoke weed at the park for hours, I don't think I can lose contact with them, they've been doing it for years.
My girlfriend has been there for me for years before we were dating, I can't imagine her ever leaving me over me not having a house, her and I are in love and that's what matters. I won't be totally alone, because I know she will always be there for me.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 14:44:20

At 9/21/09 02:21 PM, Peroxide wrote: Stop thinking of being homeless as an 'experience'. Stop enjoying it. Sooner or later you'll lose contact with your friends, your girlfriend will leave you, and you will be totally alone. In the canadian winter. With no food or shelter.

I'd say it should still be thought of as an experience, but to some degree I agree with the other things you've said. Regina is going to get motherfucking cold, and it's not going to be pleasant at all. You've had your fun dicking around for a while, but now would be a good time to start looking around for a source of income and a place to stay before winter rolls around.

Dead.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 14:58:51

At 9/21/09 02:44 PM, Elfer wrote:
Regina is going to get motherfucking cold, and it's not going to be pleasant at all. You've had your fun dicking around for a while, but now would be a good time to start looking around for a source of income and a place to stay before winter rolls around.

Yeah, I am looking for a place now to be honest. I have a couple places where I can stay, I'll probably switch off between houses so I don't wear out my welcome there. Few nights here, few nights there, ya know? Hopefully by the end of winter I'll have my own place again or rent a place with some friends.

Response to Homeless = Win 2009-09-21 15:15:02

At 9/21/09 02:38 PM, EpicFail wrote:
At 9/21/09 02:21 PM, Peroxide wrote:

It is an experience though. And I am doing what I can to make the best of it. My friends all hang out downtown pretty much every day and smoke weed at the park for hours, I don't think I can lose contact with them, they've been doing it for years.
My girlfriend has been there for me for years before we were dating, I can't imagine her ever leaving me over me not having a house, her and I are in love and that's what matters. I won't be totally alone, because I know she will always be there for me.

You know you might have something going there buddy. Living at my parents house completely sucks, I can't stand college (Reading has been about 95% of my education, public school system sucked and college it pisses me off how everyones is a fucking moron. Personally, I don't have absolutely anything going with me because out of the day I have, 95% of the day is consumed by parents not asking but nagging for me to do their bidding even though I pay rent.

I might move out (homeless), get a full time job, use the saved money I get from working to buy books/new computer/walcom table (god my state is behind the times, most people don't even know what that is) and get certified in some programming languages.

Btw from personal knowledge referenced by a stupid, useless friend (whose father bought it for him, so don't think he isn't completely useless because he thought of this lol) but there's some stores which sells those "blankets" that fit over you like a coat you could invest in or even better, one of those electric blankets are battery-powered. I'm sure if you bummed just a little money off that you can manage.

Oh and btw: I do recommend getting a job and soon, relying on friends is a terrible habbit you shouldn't keep.