00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Robot Chicken Collab-

3,160 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

-Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-15 13:28:32

This is a collab based on the very popular adult swim show Robot Chicken!

Please read entire post before posting yourself!

*About the Collab*

The collab is going to run like an episode of Robot Chicken. From opening theme song to closing credits. Your task will be to create a short 5 sec - 2 min piece for the collab.

The goal is to make a part that you would SEE in a Robot Chicken episode. Which means parodies of pop culture, 80s T.V. show references, comic book parodies, video game parodies and other nerd fun time things. Feel free to also make your parts NEWGROUNDS themed!

*Animation*

STOP MOTION IS THE PREFERRED METHOD OF ANIMATION HERE!

Yes this is going to be mainly stop motion. The show itself is all made in stop motion and I would like to keep that the theme here. So go buy some clay, pull out your old action figures or build something from scratch.

I will accept tradition forms of animation as long as they follow these guidelines:
A. It captures the essence of a RC skit.
B. It is VERY well done.
C. It is funny as hell.
D. NO sticks and NO sprites!

*Tech Specs*
-24 fps
-Size: 660x480
-Background color: White
-Length: 5-120 seconds
-Keep your library ORGANIZED!
-Name your symbols after your username.
-Action Script 2 (AS2)

*Coauthor and Parts*

List of all received parts can be found HERE. This will be updated as necessary.

Pretty much unlimited parts available! However, don't send in crap! If I don't feel like it is any good then I wont use it or you will ask to remake it!

The best parts will be Coauthored.

Things needed other than regular parts are:
Preloader
Opening Scene- Remake of Robot Chicken opening. Maybe Newgrounds related?
Transition- someone wanna make a static scene? lol
I'll handle the credits!

*Other Rules*

Keeping this at a PG-13 rating everyone! So if you want nudity- blur it out. Strong language- bleep it out. Sometimes stuff like that makes the scene funnier anyway.

Send your .FLA file to rcnewgrounds@gmail.com

*Due Date*

December 15th, 2009

If there are any more questions feel free to ask here.

Now lets get started!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-15 13:36:37

I can't animate, but I can do stop motion!!!!

I want in!!!

The Adrian does not take crap.

Especially, YOU

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-15 15:15:42

Hell yes this is an amazing idea, I'll have to borrow my mom's camera but i have plenty of action figures and i've been wanting to do something like robot chicken for a while so maybe this will get me started. count me im

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-15 16:43:31

Mother*bleep*ing great idea, FNR!
I'll get a couple of friends in on this and we'll come up with a part.
Can't wait :D

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-15 17:02:53

i cna problay remake the begging

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-15 21:37:14

huh, I was wanting a stop motion collab, I actually might enter. first I need to buy a few of those tankmen figures to animate. I'm pretty good at stop motion. it's my preferred animation too.

WHY YES

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-17 16:04:02

Glad to see the interest so far! Remember to ask any questions and check out Google for some really great guides on stop motion. Just in case you are concerned about how to do it right =p

Also remember that "traditional" flash animation is welcome as well! It just has to be VERY well done!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-19 08:28:20

Sorry for the double post, but I am going to bump this one time to see if there is any interest in this collab. If not then I will cry but it will be ok. =p

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-26 17:57:05

At 8/26/09 05:28 PM, JeanW wrote: Its probably best if this gets little attention

obviously not this little :P
I mean stop motion, done well, will take a lot of mb's. And without flash animations, it'll crash and fail.

I can always ask for extra download space from Tom. Also, there have been many successful stop motion movies by themselves. So I do not think it would fail all together.

Also I was more than certain that this collab was going to fade away into nothing because of lack of interest. So no need to bump it really, especially just to say that it'll fail lol.

Thanks and all.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-08-29 09:59:44

hmm well i made a kinda crappy one, i don't have very many practical action figures, so i used a boat. But it's a good 5 sec thing. i will try and show you what it looks like.

|Foxes Club| |I VOICE ACT.|

PSN ID: jake-thesnake_ng XBL: SFC Fox Paw

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-12 19:37:41

I see there was some comments about the upload limit. I can upload submissions up to 20 MB and I want to do a couple of scenes with a friend. So probably expect about 2 or 3 scenes in the next month from me and if we get enough I'll upload it if it goes over 20 MB.

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-12 19:54:29

I'd like to join but i can only give you swf's. Pm me if that would work.

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-12 20:18:04

Id love to but cant stop motion..... so why's this entry in the "Flash" section of the site?

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-12 20:47:46

At 9/12/09 08:18 PM, IKanzAnimate wrote: Id love to but cant stop motion..... so why's this entry in the "Flash" section of the site?

because this project is to be made in the program known as Flash. Many artists use the stop motion technique to make their movies.... where else would I post it?

Also Fro, thanks for the offer!

I was going to just forget about this collab due to the the lack of interest, but if it starts moving again I am fully behind it!

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-12 21:19:32

I will join! I will make one Newgrounds realted. Been doing this for years!

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-13 06:25:10

I really like Robot Chicken and I love stop-motion. I'm gonna follow this for a while and see how it does. Then I'll make something. I like the idea of doing a NG related sketch in RC style.

Checkout some of my other stop-motion via my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysbCC89pc SM&feature=channel_page

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-16 04:16:08

Is this collab dead? I just want to know. If it is, I will just leave.

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-16 06:57:09

Well, I'm still interested. It's a great show, I cant understand why people dont like it more. Everyone should go watch the Star Wars special and then imagine if it was an NBG special instead.

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-16 07:00:53

The Star Wars ones where funny, I might make one based on one of those, Newgrounds themed. yeh!

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-16 17:34:42

Lol this could be the start of some thing good But you'll need some1 who can sound like Seth green.......... Duh! try egoraptor

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-17 07:46:45

Just want to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about this collab and that I'm just waiting until after I go home this weekend because I'm sure I have 100's of action figures from when I was a little kid and I'm just waiting until I get my hands on them.

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-09-18 15:11:35

And I am waiting for him to return with those actions figures so we can get started. So....hurry up Fro.

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-10-08 11:55:02

At 9/18/09 03:11 PM, PlsurUCantMeshur wrote: And I am waiting for him to return with those actions figures so we can get started. So....hurry up Fro.

Holy fuck you posted for the first time ever. O.o

I have the action figures, but now we just simply need to find a way to do stop action with the cameras that we have. We have two regular camera's and two laptop camera's, but I'm not exactly sure if they have stop action capabilities..

Does it work by taking a picture and then just making a slideshow on movie/flash? If not we are going to have to go out and by a cheap camera that has the ability of stop action on it.

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-10-08 12:36:31

Can we use Flash 8?

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-10-08 12:48:48

Sounds very cool. I'll see what I can do. :D

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-10-08 13:29:02

At 10/8/09 12:36 PM, jayeshepherd93 wrote: Can we use Flash 8?

Yes, that is what I am using. Sorry for not mentioning that before.

@Fro

You can use the camera you have and just take all the pictures and then import them into flash. Just remember one pic= one frame, 24 FPS, etc. You can also use a movie making program and then import the movie into flash. Whatever yeilds the best quality for you and your equitment.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-10-08 13:32:42

At 10/8/09 01:29 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 10/8/09 12:36 PM, jayeshepherd93 wrote: Can we use Flash 8?
Yes, that is what I am using. Sorry for not mentioning that before.

Oh good! definately can expect a part from me, gonna try to capture it perfectly. Right, to mcdonalds and the loft for toys!

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-10-08 14:28:04

At 10/8/09 01:29 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
@Fro

You can use the camera you have and just take all the pictures and then import them into flash. Just remember one pic= one frame, 24 FPS, etc. You can also use a movie making program and then import the movie into flash. Whatever yeilds the best quality for you and your equitment.

Oh sweet that sounds simple enough then. Probably going to attempt to create some backgrounds and things like that next weekend and then we'll attempt to make a few. We had a couple ideas that really made me laugh and really wouldn't be that hard to pull off so hopefully it turns out good.

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-10-08 16:53:39

This sounds Awsome i'll have some fla examples in later on today.

Tired of the same old Dragonball Z Fight movies. Then check out A Goomba's life. A Sprite Style sitcom comedy. Go ahead don't be afraid.

BBS Signature

Response to -Robot Chicken Collab- 2009-10-08 17:30:07

oh no never mind. no sprites allowed...oh well

Tired of the same old Dragonball Z Fight movies. Then check out A Goomba's life. A Sprite Style sitcom comedy. Go ahead don't be afraid.

BBS Signature