00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Annoying New Virus

21,459 Views | 171 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 13:01:14

Just before I got here I read my E-Mail. I got about 5 of these in the inbox. Goddamit, this is the 3rd time I got E-Mail Viruses in a week. Thanks for the warning, I wasnt sure if I wanted to open it.

-Matt

Annoying New Virus

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 13:17:39

At 7/23/01 12:51 PM, Daedo_The_Mofo wrote: I luckily haven't received ANY files like this. Maybe it's because I have no friends.... :(

Dont pull that shit line! I dont wanna hear you bitch. I have 2 friends, and 1 moved. the other i dont see much anymore. I got nothing better to do than to waste my time on newgrounds! So shut up!

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 13:20:37

Thanks a lot for posting about this. Virus's suck ass and anyone who has been hit by one (hell, everyone in general) should know that vius's can really screw you over. Always back uo your data in case the worst happens and your whole hard drive is erased. If nothing else, you'll be able to format and re-install everything and you'll be alright if you have got your data backed up. Virus's are usually attached to some type of file so if you format, that should take care of the problem.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 13:36:36

YOU CAN GET THE SAME KINDA VIRUS VIA JPEG IMAGES I GOT ONE IT TELLS YOU TO SAVE THE PICTURE YOU SAVE IT CAUSE IT IS PRETTY COOL BUT IT DOWNLOADS A FILE WITH THE PICTURE...RESULT JUNK MAIL FLOODING YOUR E-MAIL...JUNK MESSAGES ON MSN AND AOL MESSENGERS...ALERT WINDOWS COMEING ON AND NO WAY TO GET THEM OFF THE VIRUS FILE IS CALLED FATFUCK.EXE AND THIS IS NO JOKE...THE PIC NOT DANGEROUS ONLY THE FILE IT CARRIES WITH IT...

Annoying New Virus

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 13:39:17

Is this on the news or anything? this seems pretty big to me.

btw just got another one, in spanish i think

Subject : ANUNCIO DEL 30
Date : Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:50:07 +0200
Attachment : ANUNCIODEL30.doc.pif (207k)

Hola como estas ?

Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista

Nos vemos pronto, gracias.

hotmail only holds 2 mb!!! grrr

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 13:57:20

At 7/23/01 01:10 PM, Tetsuo-ShimaPMFE wrote: Nothing to do with anything but I think Stileproject just got hacked! Go check out the main page!
Lol

Heh.... I actually found that quite refreshing.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 14:00:54

I haven't got this virus but i've got some like this before. I'm pretty sure my friend got this virus... or it was another one, but its really annoying. I got some wierd e-mail about Scooby Doo or something... I never opened the file cuz Scooby Doo is gay and its probley a virus... But I get weird e-mails...

The worst member.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 14:05:02

Wheeww. Thanks man. I Got it the other day but it was a Doc.Bat file and i wasn't gonna open it because I knew it couldn't be good. Thanks 4 telling the people!!!

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 14:31:21

i have but ve gonethrough my comp and found nothing. i even used that auto clean on the website you posted and it found nothin. i guess i just get alot of junk mail.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 14:36:51

i had more than 50 of these horrible mails in 1 day... it looked like the end of my mail account because they are all from different senders so they cant be stopped.

luckily, the horror came to an end and i havent got anything like it for 20 hours or so.
thank god its over! :)

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 15:23:37

me too!! I got it yesteday!! I got about 50 pieces of junk mail.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 15:23:44

I received 45 emails today that Norton decided to quarantine, I'm assuming that they had the virus on them. I tend not to open attatcments anyway, but still its good that this was posted on the front page.

Annoying New Virus

BBS Signature

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 15:26:45

hmmm
No I havn't had this.

I hate bastards who make viruses.

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 16:04:59

how do i make a movie

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 16:20:04

yo tom
ya, i got it to
c u l8er
fox130186

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 16:22:40

I READ ON MSN THAT THIS NEW VIRUS COULD SCREW UP SECURITY SYSTEMS(?)OF RANDOMLY CHOSEN WEBSITES.
BUT I NEVER KNEW YOU COULD GET IT IN E-MAIL.
OH WELL, I CAN'T DOWNLOAD .EXE FILES ANYWAYS BECAUSE A
SCREWED UP SCREENSAVER I DOWNLOADED WON'T LET ME!!!!!
WELL,
THANX TOM 4 LETTING ME KNOW!!!!!

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 16:29:43

I got this to,bu it wasnet fwded it was sent directly to me! what does this viris do?

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 16:30:10

At 7/23/01 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: Has anyone else been getting tons of junk mail from this?

Yeah! I got one of these literally 5 minutes before I came to NG. I decided not to open it luckily.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 16:31:59

I've gotten that fucker over 30 times in 3 days. I didn't even know I was in that many people's inbox. It's the most annoying virus yet. DAMN YOU SIRCAM. DAMN YOU TO HELL. EDDIE MURPHEY DANCES HIS DANCE OF HATE FOR SIRCAM.

Annoying New Virus

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 16:40:25

I READ ON MSN THAT THIS VIRUS CAN SCREW UP THE SECURITY SYSTEMS(?) OF RANDOMLY CHOSEN WEBSITES(HOPEFULLY NOT NG) THUS MAKING THE WEBSITES EASIER
TO HACK BY HACKERS. BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU COULD GET THE VIRUS IN AN E-MAIL THAT HAS A .EXE FILE ATTACHED TO IT!!!!!!
THANX TOM FOR LETTING ME KNOW!!!!!!

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 17:09:37

At 7/23/01 04:31 PM, fabulous999 wrote: I've gotten that fucker over 30 times in 3 days. I didn't even know I was in that many people's inbox. It's the most annoying virus yet. DAMN YOU SIRCAM. DAMN YOU TO HELL. EDDIE MURPHEY DANCES HIS DANCE OF HATE FOR SIRCAM.

Come on, Eddie Murphy never dances in hate or anger, he only dances out of love! :)

-Septy.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 17:23:10

I'm surprised hotmail isn't even posting something about this. The attachments I'm receiving are so large that they're making my account shut down if I don't keep deleting them. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HOTMAIL LETS YOU BLOCK EMAIL CONTAINING ATTACHMENTS, and how to do it?

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 17:25:54

has anyone gotten a version of this as the words to a emo punk song as a macro virus? i havnt but my friend has and lol, he opened it. mabe i should get him some antivirus software...

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 17:44:22

I got it from someone, but I deleted it before opening it. I have only got it sent to me once :) . Im glad I have not got it 30 or more times like some of you.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 17:49:12

At 7/23/01 04:31 PM, fabulous999 wrote: I've gotten that fucker over 30 times in 3 days. I didn't even know I was in that many people's inbox. It's the most annoying virus yet. DAMN YOU SIRCAM. DAMN YOU TO HELL. EDDIE MURPHEY DANCES HIS DANCE OF HATE FOR SIRCAM.

hehe i havent gotten 1 email with this virus

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 18:50:47

Tom,
Ive been getting those all the time! Thanks for telling me there viruses! I never download anything from anyone i dont know anyway but thanks! I had no idea it was a virus! Ill fix them assholes!muhahaha!

Ryan

Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks
----------------------- Headers --------------------------------
Return-Path: <hansjm@home.com>
Received: from rly-yg03.mx.aol.com (rly-yg03.mail.aol.com [172.18.147.3]) by air-yg02.mail.aol.com (v79.27) with ESMTP id MAILINYG27-0722170835; Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:08:35

Annoying New Virus

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 18:56:00

At 7/23/01 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: There is an annoying new virus known as "W32.Sircam.Worm@mm" - once someone gets it on their computer, it sends out mass emails to the people in their inbox. I am especailly annoyed with this virus because I have been getting TONS and TONS of junk mail! The emails I get basically say this:

Hi! How are you?

See you later. Thanks

There are also variations, and a Spanish version. Just a reminder to everyone - NEVER OPEN .EXE ATTACHMENTS - from anyone! I never open .exe files that are emailed to me, even if I know the person who is sending it.

There is software available to kill the virus on your computer: GET THE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE HERE!

Has anyone else been getting tons of junk mail from this?

nope not me. The original type of e-mail I got with my internet provider got fucked up so I got a hotmail one. So my default e-mail is still the screwed up one, so if someone sends something to my default e-mail I won't get it! I'm so happy.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 19:08:30

At 7/23/01 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote: There is an annoying new virus known as "W32.Sircam.Worm@mm" - once someone gets it on their computer, it sends out mass emails to the people in their inbox. I am especailly annoyed with this virus because I have been getting TONS and TONS of junk mail! The emails I get basically say this:

Hi! How are you?

See you later. Thanks

There are also variations, and a Spanish version. Just a reminder to everyone - NEVER OPEN .EXE ATTACHMENTS - from anyone! I never open .exe files that are emailed to me, even if I know the person who is sending it.

There is software available to kill the virus on your computer: GET THE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE HERE!

Am I the only one who hasn't recieved one of these virus e-mails? I rarely get e-mail, but I check it everyday and I've never seen this one.

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 19:09:50

Yeah fuck good thing you said that... My e-mails have been filling to the top I went away for the weekend I downloaded like fujcken 60 of these damned things into my in box....... damn VIRUS makers I fucken killthem for FUN!

Response to Annoying New Virus 2001-07-23 19:34:34

Hi! How are you?

See you later. Thanks

yeah that thing's been pissing me off... i think people who run high traffic sites get it more than other people because it doesn't just check your inbox and stuff but your cache as well. it's not a hard to get rid of virus or anything but it's a friggin piss off, i've prolly got like 50 emails from people with it since yesterday. i got 5 from one guy in a row. and it's not just .exe, mostly they get sent as .pif .bat or .lnk, which makes them look a lot more harmless then they really are. bah... has anyone else got it in spanish as well?