00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GaboRabo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,641,777 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-10 17:20:56

At 5/10/12 05:03 PM, Asandir wrote:
At 5/10/12 02:18 PM, SFS1313 wrote: I don't believe the I AM PRO medal works... unless it's just on my end.
Worked fine for me, I got all the medals. Some users reported earlier that all flashes led to a white screen, you probably earned the medal in that time and it didn't register. It is also worthy to mention that you don't need to finish a level with "Insert number here" strokes or less to complete a level, it just reduces your score but you will still be able to pass all levels when you need more shots.

I didn't get the "I Am Pro" medal either. And yes I've noticed that uploads.ungrounded.net was down.

I got the notification that I could access the pro courses at around hole 16 or thereabout. I didn't act on it and continued to finish all the amateur courses. After that, I checked on the medals and I noticed that the medal didn't send.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-10 18:25:59

At 5/10/12 05:20 PM, Fooliolo wrote: I didn't get the "I Am Pro" medal either. And yes I've noticed that uploads.ungrounded.net was down.

I got the notification that I could access the pro courses at around hole 16 or thereabout. I didn't act on it and continued to finish all the amateur courses. After that, I checked on the medals and I noticed that the medal didn't send.

Try playing one of the pro courses. I just finished the first one and it sent afterwards.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-11 00:15:55

At 5/10/12 06:25 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Try playing one of the pro courses. I just finished the first one and it sent afterwards.

Worked. Thanks xD

The lame part is that the secret medals have appeared after I finish the game >_>

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-11 00:56:08

At 5/11/12 12:15 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Worked. Thanks xD

The lame part is that the secret medals have appeared after I finish the game >_>

Glad it worked for you. Though, the game didn't have any secret medals when I played it (must've just been added then?), so consider yourself lucky on that front. I figured out the first one, but I'm missing the second. I noticed on your page it was a picture of a bomb. Any hints you can offer?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-11 01:01:56

At 5/11/12 12:56 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
Glad it worked for you. Though, the game didn't have any secret medals when I played it (must've just been added then?), so consider yourself lucky on that front. I figured out the first one, but I'm missing the second. I noticed on your page it was a picture of a bomb. Any hints you can offer?

There's one more course to play.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-11 01:12:48

At 5/11/12 12:56 AM, SFS1313 wrote: Glad it worked for you. Though, the game didn't have any secret medals when I played it (must've just been added then?), so consider yourself lucky on that front. I figured out the first one, but I'm missing the second. I noticed on your page it was a picture of a bomb. Any hints you can offer?

Pretend the picture of a bomb is a picture of a hole. Chances are 100% that you've seen it a couple of times =P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-11 09:36:55

At 5/11/12 01:12 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Pretend the picture of a bomb is a picture of a hole. Chances are 100% that you've seen it a couple of times =P

Thank you (and EdyKel also)! I tried that before when the new medals were added, but nothing happened. Must've been a problem on my end for some reason. No matter now, it worked. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-11 14:01:53

New game.
The medals seem to be broken.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-11 20:05:37

At 5/11/12 02:01 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595300
New game.

The medals seem to work now, but damned if I know how to get a few of them (I can't figure out how to find/use the tutorial, and when I try to create a character, I can't get passed the question part), or am able to get others due to not enough people being on line in the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-11 22:50:00

At 5/11/12 02:01 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595300
New game.

First I thought that this game is horrible - but I was wrong! The true challenge lies within actually getting the medals - once you realise this you are up for an amazing adventure. I gained a good few of them and will share my knowledge how to get the ones that I didn't saw getting unlocked by anyone else who posted here:

All Alone: I actually have no clue how I got this one - I think it happens when you randomly leave and join games. I guess there has to be no one else online in the universe you select - that is always the case, as it seems. Realistic, since most of the universe is rather liveless.

Creationist : When you select an universe (there is only one, choose wisely), you will get a list with characters. Scroll though that list and click one that has "unfinished" written in brackets after the name. You will then have to go through a horrid character creation. Most important is to distribute the attribute and skill points, then you get to answer some questions - just select one answer and proceed. If everything worked, click the Button "Finalize" and then the button "Finish" - the author shares my thought that doing things twice is always great. After that you will have one more medal.

Learnded: Just click the Tutorial Button - then hit enter and close those warning windows until you are sent back to the menu. I think I didn't learn much from the tutorial apart from ignoring the warnings.

All the crowd medals: You need more players online to get this - I simply made 5 other tabs with this game, selected a character with each and then logged in with my main tab. Some times this doesn't work - make sure that the Online Status is listed as "Yes" for atleast 5 characters. I tried to get the other medals but I crashed the games server after 8 logged in characters, feel free to try more.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-12 02:27:54

At 5/12/12 01:42 AM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Can someone PM me the last secret medal for Putt More Base?

Sent.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-12 14:38:59

At 5/12/12 01:42 AM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Can someone PM me the last secret medal for Putt More Base?

Can I have this PM as well?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-12 16:06:19

At 5/12/12 02:38 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Can I have this PM as well?

Of course.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-13 14:09:08

At 5/13/12 01:54 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Been noticing for at least a month that I can't seem to save any games here on Newgrounds. Any time I go back to the game, I have to start over from scratch every time. Any idea how to fix this?

I wrote this blurb up a little while ago:

ABOUT SAVE DATA
=========================
Starting with Flash Player 10.3, Flash save data gets DELETED if you clear cookies or browser history. If you're having trouble with saves, this list might help:
1. Don't clear your cookies or history
2. Make sure the Flash Storage Settings say "Unlimited"
3. Make sure "private browsing" is OFF
4. Make sure "clear browser history on exit" is OFF
5. Make sure "block sites from setting any data" is OFF (for Chrome users)
6. Don't run a program that deletes stuff, like CCleaner or Better Privacy

By the way, it deletes your Flash saves *at the same time as* clearing your cookies or history. It's not *part of* those things. It's still separate, and it's shared by all browsers. So if you have ONE browser set to delete this stuff, i'll delete it for ALL browsers.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-13 15:13:33

No, but if you have the limits too low (or disabled entirely) it won't save them in the first place. The other stuff is about software that automatically deletes them after they're saved.

If you want to keep your flash saves around even after clearing that stuff, go find where the save files are (look it up on Google), and make backup copies of them. That's the best way I know, anyway.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 00:58:07

old game but medals work. survive 60 seconds. hidden button in the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 00:59:08

silly me. I forgot to include the link.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 01:51:10

At 5/14/12 12:59 AM, EdyKel wrote: silly me. I forgot to include the link.

Thanks for the update. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 10:16:21

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 11:18:02

At 5/14/12 10:16 AM, Tycrane wrote: New game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595526

A few tips, for if anyone needs them:

1) Get the upgrades. There are three, and they are in the top right corner of the retry screen. They make the game a lot easier.
2) Once you have all the upgrades, you can float endlessly in a certain space. Use this to lure the snakes out of their holes. Snakes only appear once, so if the only platform you can go to is next to a snake float to the other side of the screen and lure them out.
3) Take your time. For about the first 30,000 points there is no time limit. After that you'll only have three seconds to get on each platform though. This is in the middle of the earth area.
4) Don't get discouraged by the snakes. Once you figure out how to avoid them, the next part will be a breeze. I've died a dozen times just over the 10,000 mark, but as soon as I got past 17,000 it got a lot easier.
5) The most logical one: practice. There are some platform setups that you will get used to pretty quickly. So after playing a few times it shouldn't be too hard to get to about 30,000 points.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 13:50:37

At 5/14/12 10:16 AM, Tycrane wrote: New game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595526

I think the requirement for the last medal is about 60,000 points. I've gone to 43,667 and I didn't see the other end, so I'm guessing it's double the distance to the center of the earth, which is about 30,000.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 16:56:31

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 17:02:28

At 5/14/12 04:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595526
How do you deal with the spike platforms? If you touch them you die.

Well.... it is explained pretty well in the in-game instructions that you read before you play the first time:
" Use the Down Arrow to go down faster! Also use it on spikes to destroy them!"
Pic:

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-14 20:02:02

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-15 09:01:24

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-15 14:06:37

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-15 17:37:59

At 5/15/12 04:51 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote:
At 5/15/12 02:06 PM, ixfd64 wrote: New game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595589
Can someone PM me the last secret medal for this game?

I would like this Pm as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-15 19:02:06

Me too. Also, the 2nd to last one (not the one before the last one, the one before that one).

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-15 19:03:17

At 5/15/12 05:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

both sent.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-05-16 00:25:04

At 5/15/12 07:03 PM, EdyKel wrote:
both sent.

Thank you for the Pm.

BBS Signature