00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,640,638 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-04 08:38:07

On santa's penquins on hard i didn't get a medal a Find five diiferences in the third stage on hard. i only got hard stage 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 but not the third stage does anyone know why?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-04 09:04:53

At 2/4/12 08:38 AM, Riccowed wrote: On santa's penquins on hard i didn't get a medal a Find five diiferences in the third stage on hard. i only got hard stage 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 but not the third stage does anyone know why?

I don't know, it worked for me. I guess you should try again.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-04 10:00:15

Oh ok so luckly it is not a glith for everyone.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-04 16:37:29

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-04 17:03:44

At 2/4/12 04:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 9143
The medals sent yesterday, but not today. Has anybody noticed this? Is there a way to fix this?

It is just you =( My alt still got medals from that game today.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-04 17:09:44

At 2/4/12 05:03 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 2/4/12 04:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 9143
The medals sent yesterday, but not today. Has anybody noticed this? Is there a way to fix this?
It is just you =( My alt still got medals from that game today.

Does that mean I have to redo the game again?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-04 22:05:06

I can get to the third boss in the trump game, but beating it is just out of my reach.

Absolutely love the classical music though, great soundtrack.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 00:56:24

Medals seem to work.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 07:29:03

At 3 hours ago, skiller12 wrote: Is it just me or did all 0-point games just dissapear? I see huge drop in my medals list after redesign. Also, i kinda like it

I noticed that Bieber Eliminator didnt have all of the medals unlocked like they were before. After unlocking them again it made no impact on my medal score :-/

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 07:31:38

At 3 hours ago, skiller12 wrote: Is it just me or did all 0-point games just dissapear? I see huge drop in my medals list after redesign. Also, i kinda like it

I can't say I don't like having 0-point medals disappear though.

Anyhow, the inability to sort medal games in chronological order is really annoying...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 08:18:09

where is the list og games with medals now?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 09:02:46

At 4 hours ago, skiller12 wrote: Is it just me or did all 0-point games just dissapear? I see huge drop in my medals list after redesign. Also, i kinda like it

Mine did too. Or at least a large part doesn't add to the total medals stat.

At 40 minutes ago, darkmatt93 wrote: where is the list og games with medals now?

www.newgrounds.com/gameswithmedals

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 09:39:09

The redesign really (and I mean REALLY) broke how I use the site. I voted for submissions by selecting them from the /gameswithmedals page. I played games by selecting them from the /gameswithmedals page. I tracked new arrivals by using the /gameswithmedals page. I was in the middle of systematically going through every medal game on the list, from oldest to newest, to make sure I was getting the games I had previously missed.

Now that the /gameswithmedals page is alphabetical, instead of chronological, how am I supposed to keep up with new medal games? Aside from viewing every submission just to check for medals, I mean.

Another question: I was playing Dragon Boy on the day the site went down. I beat the game, and the 100-pointer "Dragon Master: Defeat the Game" popped in-game. When I decided I was done with the game and it was time to move on, I F5-ed the page only to be greeted by the redesign waiting room page. So clearly what happened was that the medal did not send because at the time I was still playing the game, the connection with newgrounds was lost. So: how can I resend the medal? The game auto-saves so I'm stuck with a "new-game-+" scenario. I really don't want to start the game over again.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 10:44:19

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are a buncha new medal games, but none of the medals are unlocking. Anybody else having that problem with the new ones? I mean, I know the medal games are working, as I got one yesterday for Punk-O-Matic. But there's nothing for the new games.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 11:58:50

At 1 hour ago, SFS1313 wrote: Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are a buncha new medal games, but none of the medals are unlocking. Anybody else having that problem with the new ones? I mean, I know the medal games are working, as I got one yesterday for Punk-O-Matic. But there's nothing for the new games.

You're not the only one.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 12:44:29

At 3 hours ago, FoldingDuckling wrote: The redesign really (and I mean REALLY) broke how I use the site. I voted for submissions by selecting them from the /gameswithmedals page.

Now that the /gameswithmedals page is alphabetical, instead of chronological, how am I supposed to keep up with new medal games? Aside from viewing every submission just to check for medals, I mean.

I totally agree with you. I am not liking the redesign so far. On another topic, where did my icon go?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 13:31:17

At 3 hours ago, FoldingDuckling wrote: The redesign really (and I mean REALLY) broke how I use the site. I voted for submissions by selecting them from the /gameswithmedals page. I played games by selecting them from the /gameswithmedals page. I tracked new arrivals by using the /gameswithmedals page. I was in the middle of systematically going through every medal game on the list, from oldest to newest, to make sure I was getting the games I had previously missed.

I have pondered that too. Unless someone can come up with some mod or whatever, I have resorted to making this thread in the meantime.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1292360

If I get motivated enough, I'll probably just make an index of first/last games on each page of the gameswithmedals list. That way it will be easier for me to detect new medal games.

At 2 hours ago, SFS1313 wrote: Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there are a buncha new medal games, but none of the medals are unlocking. Anybody else having that problem with the new ones? I mean, I know the medal games are working, as I got one yesterday for Punk-O-Matic. But there's nothing for the new games.

What new medal games? o.O I've played a couple from the front page, but I didn't see anything.

(Defend Your Trump was submitted before the redesign.)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 14:17:42

At 39 minutes ago, Fooliolo wrote: What new medal games? o.O I've played a couple from the front page, but I didn't see anything.

(Defend Your Trump was submitted before the redesign.)

There's a bunch if you look at the Games With Medals page. Maybe they're not "new" per se, but they do have medals that are worth points. Here's 5 I noticed, and there are more...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 14:24:04

At 40 minutes ago, Fooliolo wrote: What new medal games? o.O I've played a couple from the front page, but I didn't see anything.

These are just the ones I've found on the first three pages.

The games with medals list is in chronological order now, by the way.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 14:29:25

At 3 minutes ago, Knuckstrike wrote:

The games with medals list is in chronological order now, by the way.

HUZZAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 18:09:55

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 19:42:32

Added medals to one of my games, I thought I'd link it here for you if anyone is intrested, only a total of 50 points, anyway, I'll be digging up flas I have lying around that I think will be suitable for medals now I know how to add them.

Do you wish me to post in this topic to help you find the games I have altered or would you rather someone hunted for them? :p

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 19:48:44

At 5 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote: The games with medals list is in chronological order now, by the way.

Indeed. I sent Tom a PM and he fixed it in a jiffy!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 20:08:54

Anybody else not having their medal points added to their tally? I've gotten a few from the last couple'a games added, and my point amount hasn't changed from what it was before.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 20:24:55

At 13 minutes ago, SFS1313 wrote: Anybody else not having their medal points added to their tally? I've gotten a few from the last couple'a games added, and my point amount hasn't changed from what it was before.

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. Just another bug that has to be fixed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 23:07:57

At 2 hours ago, EdyKel wrote:
At 13 minutes ago, SFS1313 wrote: Anybody else not having their medal points added to their tally? I've gotten a few from the last couple'a games added, and my point amount hasn't changed from what it was before.
Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. Just another bug that has to be fixed.

Now I don't know whether I want to play the games if I don't get my medals, lol. If you do get medals before they fix the bug and they don't g=count, will your tally go up when they fix it?

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-08 23:56:25

At 43 minutes ago, VJF wrote: Now I don't know whether I want to play the games if I don't get my medals, lol. If you do get medals before they fix the bug and they don't g=count, will your tally go up when they fix it?

If its anything like before the redesign, if you have the medal in your page, then you should get points for it the next time you earn another medal. That's how it was with zero point medals, so I'd imagine (and hope) that its the same way this time.

Bear in mind though, there are only a few "new" games on the Games With Medals page at the moment whose achievements actually show up when you obtain them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-02-09 00:40:18

At 41 minutes ago, SFS1313 wrote:
At 43 minutes ago, VJF wrote: Now I don't know whether I want to play the games if I don't get my medals, lol. If you do get medals before they fix the bug and they don't g=count, will your tally go up when they fix it?
If its anything like before the redesign, if you have the medal in your page, then you should get points for it the next time you earn another medal. That's how it was with zero point medals, so I'd imagine (and hope) that its the same way this time.

Bear in mind though, there are only a few "new" games on the Games With Medals page at the moment whose achievements actually show up when you obtain them.

Actually I was talking about medals from "Toys Vs Nightmares" and "the Jersey Shore Game" (or whatever it is the one you beat up the guy from J.S.). I started those games after the redesign and I still haven't gotten my medals (did them yesterday).

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature