00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shingreon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,650,142 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-29 22:43:01

At 10/29/09 10:14 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 10/29/09 07:08 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: pretty sure "S" is achievable no matter the time, just waited til 12:24 and got it, I got impatient I was trying to wait til 15.
Ugh...now l'm confused...do you have not to get hit or you have to do it quickly?Or both?

So far no one has figured out a time requirement (like a maximum time length) to get S. So far it would seem that the only factors are TX-15 doses and Deaths.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-29 22:44:26

At 10/29/09 10:14 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 10/29/09 07:08 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: pretty sure "S" is achievable no matter the time, just waited til 12:24 and got it, I got impatient I was trying to wait til 15.
Ugh...now l'm confused...do you have not to get hit or you have to do it quickly?Or both?

To get the S achievement dont DIE or use a syringe. You can take two hits. just not a third to kill you. as long as you dont die or heal, just finish the game and you will be fine.
I don't think there is a speed requirement, if you can't finish the game in under 12:30 like i did on your third or fourth run thru, you don't deserve the medal

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-29 23:32:34

Does the secret medal have anything to do with the pin? Because it disappears as soon as I solve the puzzle you get for the lightbulb.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 00:00:12

At 10/29/09 11:32 PM, PikaRobo wrote: Does the secret medal have anything to do with the pin? Because it disappears as soon as I solve the puzzle you get for the lightbulb.

negatory

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 02:25:03

At 10/30/09 12:00 AM, EggSaladSandwich wrote:
At 10/29/09 11:32 PM, PikaRobo wrote: Does the secret medal have anything to do with the pin? Because it disappears as soon as I solve the puzzle you get for the lightbulb.
negatory

That's just a little smart programming on his part, to keep you from carrying extra items. You're supposed to go back to the lock and unlock the box to figure out how the hell you're supposed to open that one jewelry box, since that one guy interrupts you before finishing. I realized that after my second run through. I only have a theory on how to get the secret medal, but I'm too lazy to actually act upon my hunch. Anyway, the author has it (talking about who has it doesn't really say how to get it, and there's no description anyways).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 07:50:10

I haven't even touched the new game cause I'm a fucking pussy in real life :|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 10:40:27

I finished my first playthrough in something like 23:xx without getting hit and got an A. So I guess you need to do it in under 20 minutes for an S.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 11:10:10

The Secret Trophy

It's called 'Thorough' meaning perhaps, logically, you have to look hard for something. But in this case, I think you have to look hard for everything!

For the author of the game it was the first trophy he got, before he had finished playing. So try playing through clicking on absolutely everything inventory, everything.

You can also use TAB key to find all the clickable in-game items.

EGB || NGPD || ART || NG SIG MAKER || WI/HT REGULAR ||

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 11:25:25

At 10/29/09 09:20 PM, Caraboo wrote: Hey I was wondering if that creepy ass clown figure in Flat 2 showed up for all of you guys too..

it did.

because it freaked the FUCK out of me, like legit the creepiest thing I've ever seen in a flash before. Mad impressive. I'm only asking though because the walkthrough never makes mention of it.

i know. i swear to god, i felt my heart at my mouth when i saw that, heard the baby and saw the door in the first place banging like crazy.
think i'll give up on the game, everytime there is two of those things i can't kill them both before they kill me. they're just too fast! and i've played it 4 times.
it's official, i suck at that game.

*sigh*...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 11:43:30

At 10/30/09 11:25 AM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
At 10/29/09 09:20 PM, Caraboo wrote:
think i'll give up on the game, everytime there is two of those things i can't kill them both before they kill me. they're just too fast! and i've played it 4 times.
it's official, i suck at that game.

*sigh*...

Dumb question: are you shooting one until it's dead, then shooting the other until it's dead, or are you alternating between them? They don't damage you that quickly, so as long as you take one out before they start attacking you should be fine. And with practice, you'll get both of them before they attack.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 11:50:59

The requirements for the S rank are:
Complete in under 20 minutes
Use no syringes
Don't die.

20 minutes seems a bit generous now, but in the first couple of days after I uploaded the game, it became apparent a lot of people were struggling to get decent grades, so I increased it from 10 minutes to 20.

Also, a cryptic clue for the secret medal is that you should think of how to find the secret photo on the STARS desk when playing Resident Evil 2.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 11:55:12

At 10/30/09 11:43 AM, chris-marks wrote: Dumb question: are you shooting one until it's dead, then shooting the other until it's dead, or are you alternating between them? They don't damage you that quickly, so as long as you take one out before they start attacking you should be fine. And with practice, you'll get both of them before they attack.

i shoot one until it's dead. the problem is, when i kill one, the other is already advancing at me. they're a little hard to aim at, and most of the times i lose two health bars, one if i'm lucky.
but as i said, i give up. i won't bother about the medals anymore. i beat it, got a F, true, but at least i beat it and that'll be my congrats-for-trying prize. i know my limits, so if i can't get better at it, then i won't bitch about it any longer. i'll just bask in the silence of victory.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 13:44:08

Hmmm, I am kind of wishing I didn't tell anyone about the secret medal yet. So far I have had 22 people ask for help and only two of them ask for hints only. lol even tho I accidentally gave one the full answer and felt kind of bad about it. Has anyone found it for themselves?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 13:49:25

At 10/30/09 01:44 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: Hmmm, I am kind of wishing I didn't tell anyone about the secret medal yet. So far I have had 22 people ask for help and only two of them ask for hints only. lol even tho I accidentally gave one the full answer and felt kind of bad about it. Has anyone found it for themselves?

I'm kinda pissed at myself for asking you, I really should've tried to find it myself..

Also, damn yo under 10 minutes is pretty impressive. I just did a speed run for 13 minutes and I thought I was going about as fast as possible.. Haha

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 14:03:27

I know its not a record, but between my crap computer and always clicking on the wrong rooms in the first house this is as good as i have gotten so far.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 14:22:46

At 10/30/09 01:44 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: Hmmm, I am kind of wishing I didn't tell anyone about the secret medal yet. So far I have had 22 people ask for help and only two of them ask for hints only. lol even tho I accidentally gave one the full answer and felt kind of bad about it. Has anyone found it for themselves?

People just pmed you and said "TELL ME WHAT IT IS" ? lol Out of curiosity, who was the other person who asked for a hint. Also, your hint and ransoms at the top of the page helped. I went and youtubed this RE2 easter egg that ransom mentioned and your hint was pretty much the same.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 14:32:16

Zoljix was the other one that asked for just a hint, aside from waynerz. The only reason I slipped and gave him the full answer is because it was when I came back to an inbox with 10 pm's about it, and just copypastad it into every PM. After he PMed back I felt bad and decided to check a little more after that.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 14:32:31

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 15:01:22

At 10/30/09 02:32 PM, BoMToons wrote: New medals added to the original medal game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 4931

Got Hollow Wiener as soon as I opened the game, and it told me it was the 25 pointer for beating the game. I was trying to figure out Konami to toggle Halloween mode, and the medals changed. Now Konami is beating the game, and Hallow Wiener is toggling Halloween mode. Confusing.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 15:05:09

At 10/30/09 02:32 PM, BoMToons wrote: New medals added to the original medal game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 4931

Only 2 extra medals

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 15:18:29

A few startup hiccups, but everything should be kosher now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 15:29:04

just beat the game with april in halloween mode, didn't see a medal pop up, bt I have both medals on my profile now, thankfully. I almost complained about there not being a mode toggle until i read the medal name. tricky. Also the costumes are awesome i especially like the Robot's. Bender, Optimus, and the jetson robot, i wanna say rosie. but the zombies heads were kind of cool too. what was mind chamber supposed to be. he just looked like a metal rhino.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 15:32:28

At 10/30/09 03:29 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: just beat the game with april in halloween mode, didn't see a medal pop up, bt I have both medals on my profile now, thankfully. I almost complained about there not being a mode toggle until i read the medal name. tricky. Also the costumes are awesome i especially like the Robot's. Bender, Optimus, and the jetson robot, i wanna say rosie. but the zombies heads were kind of cool too. what was mind chamber supposed to be. he just looked like a metal rhino.

He's the red baron from his red baron game.

I guess you have to beat the game with tom or dan to get the other medal...won't work with any of the unlockable characters.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 15:46:13

At 10/30/09 03:42 PM, Sonik-Team wrote:
At 10/30/09 03:32 PM, BoMToons wrote: I guess you have to beat the game with tom or dan to get the other medal...won't work with any of the unlockable characters.
Just beat the game twice with Lil'jim and I was wondering why I didn't get a medal :( Thanks for clearing that up.

But, I beat the game with Lil'Jim in halloween mode and I did get the medal.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 15:57:21

Um, where's my medal?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 16:03:49

workin on the fix to give you the medal when you beat it with any char. nice catch folks!

None

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 16:04:48

haha, the costumes are awesome: some guys as jigsaw (i had a feeling it would be a mod), others as rosie, and the AS guys as robin wood/green lantern.
awesome game, but if only i knew i had to beat it with Tom or Dan...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 16:26:27

At 10/30/09 03:57 PM, Pokemonpoeguygcn wrote: Um, where's my medal?

Same thing happened to me but for the other new medal I was playing as tom though and it also popped up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 16:38:10

I pressed the correct keys at the main menu and nothing happens- unless when I started the game, it was already in Halloween Mode? (Which would explain how I got that medal, but not how I beat the game with two characters and never got the complete medal..)

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-10-30 16:38:36

I'm not sure about this, but the toggle code might be the infamous Konami code. Since the medal name is Konami it should be it. But I haven't tried this and I can't confirm it. The Konami code is as following:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

But B and A might have been replaced by A and D. But I'm not sure. Again I haven't tried anything. I haven't even tried playing Halloween mode. I just got the first medal and then I left.

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20