00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,643,659 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-08 12:32:56

At 2/8/11 12:23 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 2/8/11 12:21 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Can somebody confirm that the medals on Poltergifts work again? I'd like to try, but the only ones I still need are some pretty hard ones, and I don't wanna go for them only to find out they don't work.
They all worked for me...

About two weeks ago I tried to get them, and they worked for me too.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-08 13:43:52

I'm putting in some new medals for a game and I've got everything set up but the problem is that on the account page where you add your medals it doesn't have the medals pending... text anyway. Does this mean they're not registered yet or something like that?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-08 21:18:55

At 2/5/11 02:22 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/5/11 01:02 AM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 2/2/11 05:46 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote:
At 2/2/11 04:45 PM, EdyKel wrote: Hate to do this - Well, actually no. Here's another game that got medals approved for it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7627
As far as am I concerned, the "Complete the demon campaign" medal is broken. I beat the game following Fak'ough, yet no medal. Every other one works, though
Damn. The campaign took a while, and it turned out broken. Should have read your post earlier.
It might not be. I just finished the Ascended campaign, but I didn't get the medal until I started playing around in the "Personal" menu area. I believe it gave me the medal after I exited the "Skills and talent" section.

I got the Ascended medal after clearing the Dungeon of Mystery, and not from mucking around with stat pages =/

And yeah holy shyt, I'm pretty sick and tired of that game. Though I totally jizzed my pants after finding a 14d4 artifact bow just before beating the snot out of Fark'ough or whoever it was, and basically became unstoppable.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-08 21:33:01

At 2/8/11 09:18 PM, Fooliolo wrote: I got the Ascended medal after clearing the Dungeon of Mystery, and not from mucking around with stat pages =/

And yeah holy shyt, I'm pretty sick and tired of that game. Though I totally jizzed my pants after finding a 14d4 artifact bow just before beating the snot out of Fark'ough or whoever it was, and basically became unstoppable.

Eh, should have clarified it a little better...

After beating the demon boss, I checked out my stats to see where I stood in relation to the game's achievements and my fame status. Then I went to the shop, bought the 50-shot teleport sack, brought a few potions with me, then went into the Dungeon of Mystery. Basically went 1-shotting everything for the first 10 floors, went on a self-sustained rampage for the next 10 floors, and did my usual for the rest. All the whole time my skill with bows only went up by 1 to 987 o.O The game rewarded me with the "It's no mystery" medal immediately after I got to floor 25. After declaring I was finished and wanted to leave, I returned to the menu where you could choose to manage your items, barracks, adventures, personal stuff, etc. and the first thing that showed up was the Ascended medal.

Feel free to check my profile until the weekend. I don't think I'm going to try for the demon medal until someone else does; 10 points for beating the game a second run through is a colossal waste of time.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-08 21:41:37

At 2/8/11 09:18 PM, Fooliolo wrote:

Yes, it's just a not-very-fun game with loads of grinding. And of course, my anger over not getting the medal for having completed the demonic campaign has not been appeased.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-08 22:19:57

At 2/8/11 09:33 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 2/8/11 09:18 PM, Fooliolo wrote: I got the Ascended medal after clearing the Dungeon of Mystery, and not from mucking around with stat pages =/

Eh, should have clarified it a little better...

After beating the demon boss, I checked out my stats to see where I stood in relation to the game's achievements and my fame status. Then I went to the shop, bought the 50-shot teleport sack, brought a few potions with me, then went into the Dungeon of Mystery. Basically went 1-shotting everything for the first 10 floors, went on a self-sustained rampage for the next 10 floors, and did my usual for the rest. All the whole time my skill with bows only went up by 1 to 987 o.O The game rewarded me with the "It's no mystery" medal immediately after I got to floor 25. After declaring I was finished and wanted to leave, I returned to the menu where you could choose to manage your items, barracks, adventures, personal stuff, etc. and the first thing that showed up was the Ascended medal.

Feel free to check my profile until the weekend. I don't think I'm going to try for the demon medal until someone else does; 10 points for beating the game a second run through is a colossal waste of time.

I like that game; but then, I like games that you can do a lot of grinding in. Actually, I'm now starting on my second playthrough to see if I can get the "demon servant" medal. I don't think I'll max out most of my stats like I did in my first playthrough, though. I can't wait for the second game from him. Hopefully he will clean up the menu system and make trudging through dungeons a little faster in it, and have medals worth more points.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-08 23:26:56

At 2/8/11 10:19 PM, EdyKel wrote:
I like that game; but then, I like games that you can do a lot of grinding in. Actually, I'm now starting on my second playthrough to see if I can get the "demon servant" medal.

If the demon servant medal works, please let me know. It didn't work for me when I finished the demon campaign.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 12:06:29

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 13:28:10

At 2/9/11 12:06 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 9466
now all the medals in this game works!

1000 posts!!

I just have 4 medals of this game....

It's not about the destination.

It's about the journey.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 13:37:54

At 2/9/11 12:06 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 9466

1000 posts!!

Not all of the medals...

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 13:49:59

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 14:03:37

1000 posts!!

Alright, I just played a little on my lunch break, and got all the medals except for going 130 and going 1000 backwards (which was glitched). If you can manage to get all 4 powerups at the same time, just keep holding up and right until the magic runs out and hope for the best. I got up to 126.5, and it might have been higher if I'd figured out what to do with it earlier. So there you are, people who weren't sure. The game's pretty much a cakewalk if you can get that going, but it takes a lot of luck.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 14:22:09

Poop. Just played Keep Running Keep Jumping and got to a height of 127 with magic, only to land smack-dap on a stop sign. I'm pretty unlucky these days considering medals.
Also, I think the Mucho Boosto medal is still broken, or I am just doing something completely wrong. The medal for 1 point works now.

Also, I've seen some negative comments on Arm of Revenge here, but I seriously think you should give it a try. It takes some getting used to, but after a while you'll notice that's actually pretty fun to play.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 14:39:44

At 2/9/11 02:22 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Also, I think the Mucho Boosto medal is still broken, or I am just doing something completely wrong. The medal for 1 point works now.

Mucho Boosto was never broken, you need to collect 3 boost power-ups in a short time. You need to get lucky, but it does work. The seriously, turn around medal still seems to be broken though.

Also, I've seen some negative comments on Arm of Revenge here

Yes it's a fun game, but it's really difficult at higher levels, and there seem to be a lot of broken medals in that game too. The All-star, the 3-star combo and the 5-star combo didn't work for me so far.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 15:37:15

At 2/9/11 02:22 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Poop. Just played Keep Running Keep Jumping and got to a height of 127 with magic, only to land smack-dap on a stop sign. I'm pretty unlucky these days considering medals.
Also, I think the Mucho Boosto medal is still broken, or I am just doing something completely wrong. The medal for 1 point works now.

Height of 127? Did you mean speed? My highest was 117, and at that speed it's just a matter of luck. Got a distance of 23000 this morning, had a sick run. Highscore of 54796. I also got the Mucho Boosto medal without noticing. I don't think they have to be that close together, as long as you still have one when you get the next one.

And what is super power mode? I haven't seen that yet.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 16:03:35

At 2/9/11 03:37 PM, waynerz99 wrote: And what is super power mode? I haven't seen that yet.

It's what you get when you have all 4 power-ups at once. You're able to fly for about 10 seconds, while your speed continues to go up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 16:44:43

At 2/9/11 02:39 PM, Nijsse wrote: Mucho Boosto was never broken, you need to collect 3 boost power-ups in a short time. You need to get lucky, but it does work. The seriously, turn around medal still seems to be broken though.

Ah, apparently I was doing something wrong then. I thought you just had to collect 3 boosts in a row.

Yes it's a fun game, but it's really difficult at higher levels, and there seem to be a lot of broken medals in that game too. The All-star, the 3-star combo and the 5-star combo didn't work for me so far.

I think the 3-star combo does work, only the medal description is incorrect. The in-game achievement states you need a combo of 150 rather than 100.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 21:11:58

Anyone know what the highest level is required to unlock all power-ups/downs? I could have sworn I saw a 0.5x combo power-down and yet I don't have that medal o.O

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-09 21:26:00

At 2/9/11 09:11 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Anyone know what the highest level is required to unlock all power-ups/downs? I could have sworn I saw a 0.5x combo power-down and yet I don't have that medal o.O

Wow how did I mess that up... *facepalm*

The game is for Mr. Agnry Faic 4 obviously xD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 01:49:52

Finally finished all of World Revolution RPG. Thank god I had the sense to save before accepting Curry's offer to help the aliens. I finished that storyline then went back to to that previous save to finish the other two storylines. By the time I reached level 30, fighting mobs of K.A.U.F.O. agents who were kicking my ass, I had little interest in replaying the game from scratch another two times. Am I the only one who thought enemies got stronger than your players the higher level you got?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 05:47:46

At 2/10/11 01:49 AM, EdyKel wrote: Finally finished all of World Revolution RPG. Thank god I had the sense to save before accepting Curry's offer to help the aliens. I finished that storyline then went back to to that previous save to finish the other two storylines. By the time I reached level 30, fighting mobs of K.A.U.F.O. agents who were kicking my ass, I had little interest in replaying the game from scratch another two times. Am I the only one who thought enemies got stronger than your players the higher level you got?

Yes, it's extremely annoying how the enemies' evasion become absolutely ridiculous later on. If you miss too many times in a row, even spamming the best heal items cannot keep up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 10:47:02

At 2/9/11 01:49 PM, Phenom9 wrote: 0 point
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 1843
They will all get approved at once one day.

If you click with the right mouse button and then press play, you get the completion medal, plus some valetine cards.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 11:21:42

At 2/10/11 01:49 AM, EdyKel wrote: Finally finished all of World Revolution RPG. Thank god I had the sense to save before accepting Curry's offer to help the aliens. I finished that storyline then went back to to that previous save to finish the other two storylines. By the time I reached level 30, fighting mobs of K.A.U.F.O. agents who were kicking my ass, I had little interest in replaying the game from scratch another two times. Am I the only one who thought enemies got stronger than your players the higher level you got?

Oh sure, we all got incredibly lucky to not run into a mob of bandits decked out with 2x shotguns, snipers, SMGs, and pistols on our first quest to reach UFO Site 1. Yup. And you definitely don't randomly wipe out a whole lot later on because they actually have enough Energy to use abilities.

Actually, in spite of the frequent fights, I like World Revolution RPG. There was a lot more variety and intuition involved than Arkandian Crusade (okay the weapons were fairly stale), and I can see myself going for a second replay just for the optimal playthrough. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if a medal named "Double Fellow" showed up, or a medal for doing all unlisted followup quests like giving away Bristol's Photo Album.

Personally I finished the Meta-Fighter storyline at level 23 and the KAUFO storyline at lvl 27. I bet I could easily beat the former before level 18, knowing where the find everything that I need.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 12:06:16

At 2/10/11 11:41 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: And this showed up too.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 1679

Unfortunately (at least for me), the lag on this game is unbearable, and makes it pretty difficult to play.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 12:34:22

At 2/10/11 12:06 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Unfortunately (at least for me), the lag on this game is unbearable, and makes it pretty difficult to play.

Really? There's absolutely no lag for me, and I played it on Hard.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 13:04:57

At 2/10/11 11:41 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Medals got approved.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 1843
And this showed up too.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 1679

Riddle medals. I don't know what to do. Secret medals in one game and time kill, addicted to rush and tension master in the other. Darn medals that don't tell me clearly what to do.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 13:24:26

At 2/10/11 01:04 PM, Phenom9 wrote: Riddle medals. I don't know what to do. Secret medals in one game and time kill, addicted to rush and tension master in the other. Darn medals that don't tell me clearly what to do.

You can find a more detailed description of Epic Bungee's medals in-game. And for the ones of the Valentine game...yeah, I dunno either. Have the 5-pointer though, it's pretty obvious. And I'm pretty sure the 100-pointer is for beating Hard.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 13:29:53

At 2/10/11 12:34 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 2/10/11 12:06 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Unfortunately (at least for me), the lag on this game is unbearable, and makes it pretty difficult to play.
Really? There's absolutely no lag for me, and I played it on Hard.

On Epic Bungee I meant, not Cardiac Snowdrift, which works incredible for me, even on the hard mode. Apologies, I think I screwed up that posting. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-10 13:43:56

At 2/10/11 01:24 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: You can find a more detailed description of Epic Bungee's medals in-game.

Problem is the ad is placed so near to the page I can't even see the full description of the achievements. If you could post them here or just send me a PM that'd be helpful.

Also, does anyone know how to get the 'Somebody's got a valentine' secret medal? I'm guessing you need to finish either Hard mode to get it or finish all of the modes in one sitting. Shoot me a PM if you know how to get it.

Cheers.