00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,191 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 03:42:22

At 6/18/10 05:57 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 6/18/10 05:36 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: Any hints on Keyboard Mayhen? I can't beat it on the hardest difficulties. D:
You only hit the last letter to throw stuff. You can also slow it down with multiple windows playing vids or stuff.

I tried to open at least 8 new pages in FireFox but to me the game does not slow :(

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 04:39:22

At 6/19/10 03:42 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: I tried to open at least 8 new pages in FireFox but to me the game does not slow :(

Download Cheat Engine and use the Speedhack. But wtf, that game was probably the easiest game to get medals with.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 05:44:44

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 06:08:32

At 6/19/10 04:39 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Download Cheat Engine and use the Speedhack. But wtf, that game was probably the easiest game to get medals with.

Cheat Engine = cheat = risks for your medals because it goes against the rules!!

I prefer not cheat!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 07:09:39

At 6/19/10 06:08 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: Cheat Engine = cheat = risks for your medals because it goes against the rules!!

I prefer not cheat!

Dude, almost everybody who has got the medals of OCD+ used the Speedhack. You. Just. Need. It.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 07:16:15

At 6/19/10 07:09 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 6/19/10 06:08 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: Cheat Engine = cheat = risks for your medals because it goes against the rules!!

I prefer not cheat!
Dude, almost everybody who has got the medals of OCD+ used the Speedhack. You. Just. Need. It.

But you're right, there are many people who are sure that medal has used that program, perhaps in these cases you can cheat! :/

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 07:34:31

Exactly (I didn't really understand what you said, but whateffs). But you don't really need it for Keyboard Mayhem. At least, I got all those medals within 5, 10 minutes? And I don't use Speedhack much, really. I only used it for OCD+, D-Day Defender (there was a glitch that made me resume the game while I was game over) and Brawl Royale (if you put Speedhack to 0,5, you'll hear the 'whoosh' when 'Go!' appears a half second earlier).

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 10:53:19

Damn, I got that "Cave Halfway full" medal for Quick Sand, but it was worth 0 pts! Can I remove it from mine profile to get it later, when it is worth something?

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 11:10:54

At 6/19/10 10:53 AM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: Damn, I got that "Cave Halfway full" medal for Quick Sand, but it was worth 0 pts! Can I remove it from mine profile to get it later, when it is worth something?

The medal does no longer exist in the NG Medal System, only in the game itself. The author has not deleted the medal code yet, so you still get it, but without points.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 11:18:37

Also, in LARRY: Gnormegeddon the 'downwhacks are crack' medal is broken too. I just should've gotten it but I didn't. At level 1, I lured all Gnomes to me and made them hit me until I got rage. I then used 2 Sprint Leaps to kill them all. There 's really something wrong with that game.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 11:37:40

At 6/19/10 07:09 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Admitting cheating.

Looks like I passed someone on the top medal list now because someone openly admitted cheating to get medals. It's a shame that you can get as many medals as you want and they won't ever really count now. Maybe on your userpage they will, but not for the top 100 list.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 13:25:11

At 6/19/10 11:37 AM, Fro wrote: Looks like I passed someone on the top medal list now because someone openly admitted cheating to get medals. It's a shame that you can get as many medals as you want and they won't ever really count now. Maybe on your userpage they will, but not for the top 100 list.

If it's all like that, you'd be on top of the list now. Everybody (do not take litteral) cheats, dude, get used to it.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 17:47:17

At 6/19/10 01:25 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Everybody (do not take litteral) cheats, dude, get used to it.

Not really.

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 21:34:45

At 6/19/10 05:47 PM, Shikamarana wrote:
At 6/19/10 01:25 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Everybody (do not take litteral) cheats, dude, get used to it.
Not really.

9 out of 10 people will open up several browsers to slow their computer down for a game that seems a little too fast. Take for example a typing skill game. That's considered cheating to some people. Not to mention 10/10 people on this thread have probably accidentally or purposely exploited a known medal game glitch to get a harder medal before the author fixed it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-19 22:01:56

"Speedhack" does sound a bit iffy... especially for a non-broken game like Brawl Royale.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 05:53:25

Can anyone help me get the lou lou zoom medal in cave of wonders

At 6/19/10 07:34 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Exactly (I didn't really understand what you said, but whateffs). But you don't really need it for Keyboard Mayhem. At least, I got all those medals within 5, 10 minutes? And I don't use Speedhack much, really. I only used it for OCD+, D-Day Defender (there was a glitch that made me resume the game while I was game over) and Brawl Royale (if you put Speedhack to 0,5, you'll hear the 'whoosh' when 'Go!' appears a half second earlier).

And I don't see how you could get in trouble for getting the ocd+ medals with cheat engine.Probably 95% of newgrounds have gotten it.5 of them you can easily get with out cheat engine but the dedication medal would be impossible with out speed hack.I unistalled it from my computer so I won't get in trouble with any more game

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 07:00:34

At 6/20/10 05:53 AM, domo48 wrote: And I don't see how you could get in trouble for getting the ocd+ medals with cheat engine.Probably 95% of newgrounds have gotten it...dedication medal would be impossible with out speed hack.

Baseless accusation

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 08:25:48

At 6/20/10 05:53 AM, domo48 wrote: And I don't see how you could get in trouble for getting the ocd+ medals with cheat engine.Probably 95% of newgrounds have gotten it.5 of them you can easily get with out cheat engine but the dedication medal would be impossible with out speed hack.

I only used Speedhack for the dedication medal, that is. I got K by putting something with enough weight on the button and waited an hour, I got 10000 clicks by CLICKING (I didn't yet now about the tab thing), I got War Hero by clicking 'back' and 'forward' everytime to make the time go faster, and I got Pianist by just using copy pasta.
Even better, there's a guide here on NG for OCD+ (not on Wylina's page, however) that RECOMMENDS Cheat Engine. Got that?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 09:47:53

At 6/20/10 08:25 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Even better, there's a guide here on NG for OCD+ (not on Wylina's page, however) that RECOMMENDS Cheat Engine. Got that?

By no way does that make cheat engine legitimate or acceptable. Some random NG user does not represent the authoritative voice of NG, nor that of our "medal community".

Copy-paste on pianist, fine. Right click "trick" is a gray area that does not work for most games, but discussions in this thread back then suggest that it is ok. You can use that to get dedication too.

You can argue that cheat engine's speedhack is not technically very different from the right click trick, but conceptually they are worlds apart. The reason I'm speaking out strongly against cheat engine is that it is a dedicated tool for hacking and cheating in games. Accepting any part of it will put us on a slippery slope that we must never set foot upon.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 10:09:48

Taking advantage of programming errors is very acceptable in my mind as it is part of the game. Slowing down your browser on purpose is a little iffy, but we've let that go by. It's just like home field advantage in a sporting event. You can change your field around it better benefits your team. (keep the grass high if the other team is speedy and your team is slower, but stronger, by the way, I've seen this done before)

Downloading a program that slows down the game/speeds up the game for you and then admitting to using it to get several medals on several games... well that's not what I would call acceptable by any means. This is like taking steroids in real life.

Looks like Hybrid figured this whole thing out though. The new update is up and I see one less name on the list. I doubt you'll get your medals removed, but like I said before, they won't really count in the communities eyes anymore. :/

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 13:15:45

Moving on from that hacking stuff, I have a problem with Ching Chong Beautiful. I got all of the platinums in hard mode, but did not receive the Seppuku's Soul medal. It just gave me the 25 point medal for beating the game, which I already got in normal mode. I tried beating the last level again, but that did nothing. Refreshing the page shows that the medal is still locked. What can I do?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 14:48:32

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 15:34:38

At 6/20/10 02:48 PM, Balazeal wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 9834
Another new medal game. There are so many now, I can't keep up.

It's by the same guy who made Primary. It should be pretty good. :D

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 16:18:02

Got all the medals on the new game but Teacher's Pet. Anyone got any tips for this?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 18:58:10

What is the secret medal for Manhattan project?

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 19:17:40

At 6/20/10 06:58 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: What is the secret medal for Manhattan project?

If you ever have trouble figuring out a secret medal. There's nothing wrong with looking on peoples profiles to check if they have it then reading the decription.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 19:51:17

At 6/20/10 01:15 PM, coolblondman wrote:

I had the same problem try playing it on another computer

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-20 23:15:37

Is it possible to get the medal for beating the game before day 20 before you get the medal for buying the atomic bomb?

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-21 01:28:03

At 6/20/10 02:48 PM, Balazeal wrote:

: Another new medal game. There are so many now, I can't keep up.

Holy laaaaaaaaaaag on later levels. I've got them all except the under 20 days one.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-06-21 05:56:30

At 6/20/10 11:15 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Is it possible to get the medal for beating the game before day 20 before you get the medal for buying the atomic bomb?

Yes, just use the FlashHacker 2000 combined with speedhack-yo-flash DeLuxe edition. This way you can drop 17 bombs at one day, so it shouldn't be very hard.

Heh. Got it at day 21, I think the fastest way to beat it to just buy the turret asap. Then just hope to get multipliers in early days. After you can buy kamikaze it's not very hard to get x4 or x5 every day. I'm sure someone will come up with the right strategy, I only played the game twice so far.