00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,016 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-26 17:58:27

At 2/26/10 05:29 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Strange green, somebody posted above that they were removed, and they look to be removed from the page. I'm going to go try and get a few.

they're removed from the games page; but they pop up in game and show up in your profile. I didn't check my before and after points, but I'm pretty sure they work normal other than not showing up on the game page.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-26 20:02:33

At 2/26/10 12:29 PM, OzzFestFreak2 wrote:
At 2/26/10 12:22 PM, nosesocks wrote:
At 2/26/10 12:13 PM, chris-marks wrote:
In other news, can anyone verify that the All Achievements medal in Medieval Rampage 2 is working in a non-glitchy way? Some well respected people have it, and I don't want to put lots of time into it only to find out it's still glitchy and I'm not guaranteed to get it.
Amen to that. I too am curious if it actually works, because that's one hell of a time sink if it doesn't.
It works. I just got it recently. (firefox-pop up mode) Also i have 96/100 on medieval rampage one, just gotta beat it again with the different armors. For the "Beat the game again for fun" achievement, I just had to replay the last level, not the whole game, although it took quite a few play throughs to get.

Waitwaitwait, it works for you? How recent is that? I've not played it in ages, and I just loaded it up on firefox pop-up, played some campaign missions, played abit of survival. And I saved the game regularly. Yet on the achievements page, each page says I have 36/36 achievements, and my total kill count is stagnant at 0. I reloaded the game, same thing. Cleared cache/sol files, reload, same thing.

Sigh.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-26 20:15:31

At 2/26/10 08:08 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Seriously, what the hell? I decided to play Sideways again and now level 9 is glitched, all I do is keep spawning into a wall unable to get out.

Sideways currently has many many glitches. I would wait until everything is all sorted out. Which will be soon hopefully, but who knows.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-26 20:23:58

At 2/26/10 08:15 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote:
At 2/26/10 08:08 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Seriously, what the hell? I decided to play Sideways again and now level 9 is glitched, all I do is keep spawning into a wall unable to get out.
Sideways currently has many many glitches. I would wait until everything is all sorted out. Which will be soon hopefully, but who knows.

I wouldn't wait. Or else you be like me, stuck behind people because they happened to get medals while they were glitched. cough*shift4 still needs to be removed*cough*lazy admins*cough. what was that?

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 00:02:22

Has anyone got the, "Just Made It" medal on Sideways I find it pretty impossible. It might be glitched.

Insert useless information.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 00:08:58

At 2/27/10 12:02 AM, Vandal2 wrote: Has anyone got the, "Just Made It" medal on Sideways I find it pretty impossible. It might be glitched.

That whole game is glitched. I got the game complete medal because it started glitching after the 5 or 6th level. Was really weird.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 04:16:37

At 2/27/10 12:02 AM, Vandal2 wrote: Has anyone got the, "Just Made It" medal on Sideways I find it pretty impossible. It might be glitched.

i just got it tonight, on the very first level where the pink/purple button is. hit it and see exactly where it falls, then restart the level and hit it again, go stand in that spot and when it starts to come down run to the right. thats how i got it

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 07:52:49

That Babies Dream game was very enjoyable. Kudos to Flixel.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 08:05:22

Getting the Superhero medal was way harder than I thought. I was doing pretty well until I fell straight through a moving platform. Then when I tried again I kept sliding of the moving platforms. Not to mention that you have to stand almost in the middle of the moving platforms to be able to flip the screen. And then there's the fact that if you jump on a moving platform from the side i.e. land on the smaller side you will almost instantly slide off... Also, what's the point of holding down shift for more zoom? I held it down pretty much all the time on past level 2. Also hit 30k :>

I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 08:10:53

At 2/26/10 05:42 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: shit, i can't even knock the bastard to the cliff on hard.
i give this medal game up. i suck at typing (or at least, typing fast).
thanks for the help anyway.

Just do what Sizzlebuss did: start like every program you got to slow down the computer then you will have a lot of time to type every letter.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 08:14:09

At 2/27/10 08:10 AM, Godliest wrote:
At 2/26/10 05:42 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: shit, i can't even knock the bastard to the cliff on hard.
i give this medal game up. i suck at typing (or at least, typing fast).
thanks for the help anyway.
Just do what Sizzlebuss did: start like every program you got to slow down the computer then you will have a lot of time to type every letter.

That's considered getting the medals unfairly also considerably thought as or known as hacking.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 08:21:02

LMFAO FIRST TRY!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 08:48:52

At 2/27/10 08:14 AM, KingExodus wrote: That's considered getting the medals unfairly also considerably thought as or known as hacking.

Would you consider having a slow computer cheating as well? Because if I go to school and try to play When Pigs Fly it's considerably easier as the game runs so fucking slow compared to my computer at home. This is just once again giving an unfair, and quite considerable, advantage to people with slower computers and then saying that people with fast ones who're just putting themselves on the same level as those with slower ones are cheating. You might call it cheating, if you think being clever is cheating, but it can hardly be called hacking.

Anyway could someone record a playthrough of Vector Boom where get 225k (or more) in survival mode. Because last time I tried I think I did decently, and then I got ~120k so I must be doing something horribly wrong. For anyone who has completed Eon a guide for each level on how to reach par, or just complete them, wouldn't hurt either as I'm completely stuck on the remaining levels.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 09:08:56

At 2/27/10 08:48 AM, Godliest wrote: For anyone who has completed Eon a guide for each level on how to reach par, or just complete them, wouldn't hurt either as I'm completely stuck on the remaining levels.

To be fucking honest I can't get past level 3...

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 10:12:50

At 2/27/10 09:08 AM, KingExodus wrote: To be fucking honest I can't get past level 3...

The main difficulty is that the physics just don't seem even remotely correct. Whereas in other similar games you can just guess how you're supposed to do in this game it's pretty much impossible because nothing behaves the way you'd expect it to.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 10:50:07

Here are some levels for EON. I don't have the last one.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 10:54:09

Level 24

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 10:57:33

Level 25

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 10:58:38

Level 26

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 11:57:22

At 2/27/10 10:12 AM, Godliest wrote:
At 2/27/10 09:08 AM, KingExodus wrote: To be fucking honest I can't get past level 3...
The main difficulty is that the physics just don't seem even remotely correct. Whereas in other similar games you can just guess how you're supposed to do in this game it's pretty much impossible because nothing behaves the way you'd expect it to.

The physics is fine, except for the fact that such gravity wells don't actually exist... well not in this form anyway. Otherwise the simulation of astronomical phenomena is vaguely accurate. Just that they occur without the so-called gravity wells.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 12:14:05

I did level 27 a while ago. I also did level 26 without using 5 wells.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 12:15:19

At 2/27/10 12:14 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I did level 27 a while ago. I also did level 26 without using 5 wells.

Here is level 26 the way I did it:

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 13:14:00

Thanks. By the way does anybody knows what is the best weapon/armor configuration in Mechanical Commando 2 to get gold in Destroy 5?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 14:24:52

At 2/27/10 01:14 PM, urrad wrote: Thanks. By the way does anybody knows what is the best weapon/armor configuration in Mechanical Commando 2 to get gold in Destroy 5?

Also to add on to that does anyone know what all the gold medals are that you need to achieve the "GOLDEN COMMANDO" medal?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 15:01:21

At 2/27/10 02:24 PM, KingExodus wrote:
At 2/27/10 01:14 PM, urrad wrote: Thanks. By the way does anybody knows what is the best weapon/armor configuration in Mechanical Commando 2 to get gold in Destroy 5?
Also to add on to that does anyone know what all the gold medals are that you need to achieve the "GOLDEN COMMANDO" medal?

Get gold on all the different missions. Including all side missions. For Destroy 5 use the time control device, Missile Launcher and Cooldown device. Then you have to have the fastest legs, armor is completely irrelevant. Two things matter, amount of hits and time. I'm unsure about the time required to get gold but you if you get hit once you're fucked, so use the time control device on recharge to dodge all bullets, have an idea of what route to go and you should be fine.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 15:07:58

Any help on Yellow Matter circle of 2nd ring.
I'm getting the hang of this game to be honest now!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 15:22:00

It seems like the time that there will be just too many medal games for a normal human being to beat will arrive very soon..we're getting at least one game a day..I can't focus on a game when I know that there are 5 more that just came out...ugh.
I really don't know which game do I have to start with...well, l'll give KM a shot...let's hope it's not too hard....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 15:27:51

i can't seem to get EON to start. the red "loading..." vanished and there's no "play" button or anything else, just the spacey background and the ad. anyone else having this?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 15:42:06

For those interested: Mechanical Commando 2 Guide. A bit late, but still.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 15:50:19

Really waiting for an EON guide...

Pictures/videos would be appreciated. Game sucks.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.