00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AlsoTlant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,662,515 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 07:58:45

At 7/31/09 07:43 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: When pigs fly is by far harder than drunkin deity, speaking of it, I think I'll go attempt DD right now.

awwww... personaly, i think dd is harder then piggys... athough i havent got either yet...

i still think that +OCD one is stupid and refuse to get it :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 08:00:14

At 7/31/09 03:12 AM, Duffle wrote:
At 7/31/09 02:50 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote: yup yup yup, they fixed the story mode problem all up. I really appreciate how fast they fixed it too.
Huh. I didn't even notice that they announced it being fixed in the author's comments:

That´s nice and all, but now this screen keeps popping up for me (see picture below). After fighting a match, the medals still did not show up...

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 08:04:39

At 7/31/09 07:43 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: When pigs fly is by far harder than drunkin deity, speaking of it, I think I'll go attempt DD right now.

It took weeks to get all the medals in alkie kong, it took a couple hours tops to get all the medals in when pigs fly.

Good luck with DD though, sometimes you just need some time off. I finally got master tactician (I had gotten it twice before, once before it had medals, and once it just didn't register), even though I don't think anybody else ever really struggled with it I had pretty much given up on it until I tried again this night/morning/should have gone to bed instead but oh well.

BTW, I think I'm the first person with over 15k medal points!

God I hate drop the bomb and lastman though, I don't know if I'll ever finish those.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 08:08:13

At 7/31/09 08:00 AM, Auz wrote:
At 7/31/09 02:50 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote: yup yup yup, they fixed the story mode problem all up. I really appreciate how fast they fixed it too.
Huh. I didn't even notice that they announced it being fixed in the author's comments:
That´s nice and all, but now this screen keeps popping up for me (see picture below). After fighting a match, the medals still did not show up...

that picture definitely means you won't be getting any medals. I would try:
-check to make sure you're still connected to the internet
-clear your cache and refresh
-log out and then back into newgrounds
-restart your computer
-try a different browser
-cry

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 09:05:57

At 7/31/09 08:04 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote: BTW, I think I'm the first person with over 15k medal points!

Guess what mate I WAZ!!!!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 10:27:13

At 7/31/09 08:08 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
At 7/31/09 08:00 AM, Auz wrote:
that picture definitely means you won't be getting any medals. I would try:
-check to make sure you're still connected to the internet
-clear your cache and refresh
-log out and then back into newgrounds
-restart your computer
-try a different browser
-cry

Yeah it´s likely that I´m not getting any medals because of it. I´m starting to get some more problems now:
-A lot of pictures won´t load
-Occasionally pages won´t load and firefox gives me a network time-out error
-Can´t view other API related stuff either, such as my Ad Earnings page
-Sometimes the Post it! button doesn´t do anything

All other sites I visit work fine though. I remember I had these kind of problems some time ago as well, but I have no idea what´s wrong =/

Anyway, I think restarting would be a good idea. Thanks for the tips and all.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 12:45:00

god darn it... i can do it quick but i cant get the god darn pig to stop jumping onto spikes and bashing into walls... at least i havent burnt him in lava for a while :3....

i enjoy this game much :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 12:53:06

yay! the medals are working now!
i don't care for the other 2 medals, so i'll wait until a new medal game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 12:55:29

YESH I STILL KEEP SECOND PLACE FOR FASTEST TIME!

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 13:44:08

Alright, some of the medals seem to be working now. I just got 100% completion, story mode finished and the survival medal.

The pushing an enemy off stage 3 times still appears to be broken though, and I can´t find that "listen to Piconjo´s message of love" after 100% completion. I assumed it would start right away when you beat the game 100%, but appearantly it does not.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 13:52:39

At 7/31/09 01:44 PM, Auz wrote: The pushing an enemy off stage 3 times still appears to be broken though

first medal i got... try going against comp on the newgrounds map... they tend to fall out of it lots :3...

And I can´t find that "listen to Piconjo´s message of love" after 100% completion

check your data... whats that!... oooo (hover mouse over)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 14:11:42

At 7/31/09 01:52 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 7/31/09 01:44 PM, Auz wrote: The pushing an enemy off stage 3 times still appears to be broken though
first medal i got... try going against comp on the newgrounds map... they tend to fall out of it lots :3...

Yes yes yes, I know that. It was like my main strategy with survival on OMFG mode. I got enemies to fall off screen maybe a dozen times, yet the medal never showed up.

And I can´t find that "listen to Piconjo´s message of love" after 100% completion
check your data... whats that!... oooo (hover mouse over)

Ah thanks for the tip =)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 16:27:27

At 7/31/09 03:26 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: I Fucking. Hate. This. Game.

All these sprite games can go to fucking hell I fucking hate it I hate it I hate it BHJVHUVDUVIVYEUBVIUCBICVWIBCWUYWNUIUHRNE IRUBIVUWVCGUYRWIGRVIRUWYGYIUC

You have the Lastman syndrome.
To cure it you must play ONLY good games for a whole day.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 16:41:30

At 7/31/09 03:26 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: I Fucking. Hate. This. Game.

All these sprite games can go to fucking hell I fucking hate it I hate it I hate it BHJVHUVDUVIVYEUBVIUCBICVWIBCWUYWNUIUHRNE IRUBIVUWVCGUYRWIGRVIRUWYGYIUC

Do you feel better now that you said that in the forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 16:43:07

So I was planning to wait for my other computer to get all 100% medals. But I couldn't help it. The game was so good. I only need the Survival medal and then I'm done with NGR. Now I can go back to my quest to complete Lastman. I'm getting really far!

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 16:51:52

anyone know of any programs that record the buttons you press and then play them back?...

it would really help me in this piggy game... when i dont mind dying i can thrash it and manage to do most bits without dying... but the second im on 1 pig life im hitting into things i never have and dying on bits that i would otherwise blitz... gah!

and yeah... i feel all the game at the moment seem to be either good... or one life pixel games :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 17:32:40

At 7/31/09 04:51 PM, LegolaSS wrote: anyone know of any programs that record the buttons you press and then play them back?...

it would really help me in this piggy game... when i dont mind dying i can thrash it and manage to do most bits without dying... but the second im on 1 pig life im hitting into things i never have and dying on bits that i would otherwise blitz... gah!

and yeah... i feel all the game at the moment seem to be either good... or one life pixel games :P

The programs I know that do that works like Microsoft Word. you have to click on the window to write. But to play the flash game you have to click it to use the buttons. I don't know how to explain it... But I tried that on Brawl Royale and it didn't work because to type the controls I had to click on the auto typer thing. You could always try to guess when to jump and go to the side on it. But it would probably be easier to practice the game.

I need a sig.

PSN: gowow20

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 17:38:26

At 7/31/09 05:32 PM, RYNOL wrote: But it would probably be easier to practice the game.

iv been playing it for ages... i think a bit of sleep would help :S... i just wondered if there was anything out there to help me skip the first easy bits untill i get to the (jaws of death (27)) and the last 3 before the ending sometime give me a bit of trouble... but 16/17 really seem to get me out even through they arnt hard... i just keep messing up on them :(

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 19:12:05

Finally got that damn lastman medal. Now only need to go back......

This took me longer to master than DD did for sure.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-07-31 21:14:53

At 7/31/09 04:51 PM, LegolaSS wrote: anyone know of any programs that record the buttons you press and then play them back?...

I actually tried using one on Lastman . Didn't help. Timing is always off by a split second due to small bits of lag that Flash has.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 00:21:39

You actually need to knock them off, it's not just that the jump off. I did it in story mode on easy with covict on the third stage. You just do the down and attack so you do the wheel thing and push piconjo off the bottom right of the level. Then wait until he transforms and transforms back and repeat.

At 7/31/09 09:14 PM, Wylo wrote:
I actually tried using one on Lastman . Didn't help. Timing is always off by a split second due to small bits of lag that Flash has.

I'm surprised that people on this forum don't seem to feel this is cheating. To me it seems just as bad as editing a sol file or using cheat engine. If you were going to use some additional program to beat lastman, you should have just used cheat engine with the video that was posted a while back. It's definitely not playing the game as intended to use recording software.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 00:40:03

At 8/1/09 12:21 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
At 7/31/09 09:14 PM, Wylo wrote: I actually tried using one on Lastman . Didn't help. Timing is always off by a split second due to small bits of lag that Flash has.
I'm surprised that people on this forum don't seem to feel this is cheating. To me it seems just as bad as editing a sol file or using cheat engine. If you were going to use some additional program to beat lastman, you should have just used cheat engine with the video that was posted a while back. It's definitely not playing the game as intended to use recording software.

Seeing as it doesn`t work, then there is no cheat happening for this game or for any other game most likely. Anyways, you still have to actually play the game to record it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 00:56:17

At 8/1/09 12:40 AM, Wylo wrote: Seeing as it doesn`t work, then there is no cheat happening for this game or for any other game most likely. Anyways, you still have to actually play the game to record it.

But the intention is the same, assuming it did work would it be any different? And it's really not the same as playing the game if I understand correctly, because essentially you could record your playing until you die and then playback until right before you die and continue with recording until you die again and so on. But that really is a huge advantage, instead of only one life and having to start all the way over it would in effect give you unlimited lives.

I'm not trying to call anybody a hacker or a cheater (least of all you - you've been a tremendous help to everybody), I was just mentioning that I was surprised other people didn't feel the same way about this.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 01:55:53

At 8/1/09 12:56 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
But the intention is the same, assuming it did work would it be any different? And it's really not the same as playing the game if I understand correctly, because essentially you could record your playing until you die and then playback until right before you die and continue with recording until you die again and so on. But that really is a huge advantage, instead of only one life and having to start all the way over it would in effect give you unlimited lives.

To me it wouldn't be cheating, because you've already gone through that part, you've shown that you can make it. In all honesty, that game needed checkpoints really bad anyway, so if it worked I would not have seen it as hacking, just something to prevent yourself from getting overly angry at your computer.

If he was hacking, then yea that's cheating, but in this case it's not the same.

But like Wylo said anyway, it doesn't work, so it doesn't really matter.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 02:07:50

At 8/1/09 12:21 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
You actually need to knock them off, it's not just that the jump off.

I don't think that's true, I was on versus with 3 cpu's. Midway through the fight I got the medal after an enemy fell off the stage after a few times, so I'm assuming it just checks if you're damaged/attacked an enemy once and if it goes out of bounds 3 times, awards the medal.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 02:09:48

At 8/1/09 01:55 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
To me it wouldn't be cheating, because you've already gone through that part, you've shown that you can make it. In all honesty, that game needed checkpoints really bad anyway, so if it worked I would not have seen it as hacking, just something to prevent yourself from getting overly angry at your computer.

If he was hacking, then yea that's cheating, but in this case it's not the same.

But like Wylo said anyway, it doesn't work, so it doesn't really matter.

I wouldn't say the game NEEDED checkpoints encessarily.. That's the point of the game. That it has to be done all in one go. But in any case I don't really care for debating whether it's hacking or not but essentially it's not hacking because it isn't editing the flash game in any way shape or form like Cheat Engine or editing the sol file would do.

This debate is as controversial as using steroids in sports.. there will always be the argument that it's not really cheating, just using what's available. Everyone has the option to do so, so why not let those who are as dedicated to getting stronger (or in this case getting medals easier) then why not let them get ahead?

In any case I really don't care. If you hack it doesn't effect me. I'm not doing this for the glory of being in HOS's top 50 every week. I just like getting medals. So if someone wants to use a button memorizing program or whatnot, let them; as long as they aren't actually hacking or using a program that does, just leave them alone.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 05:00:42

I don't get it.Then you must be scandalised by the fact that we used copypasta to get the Pianist medal on OCD+ or a chronometer on Brawl Royale...you don't edit the game files, you do not affect gameplay, so l don't see why the hell would you consider it as bad as hacking...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 05:32:23

At 8/1/09 02:09 AM, Caraboo wrote:
I wouldn't say the game NEEDED checkpoints encessarily.. That's the point of the game. That it has to be done all in one go.

Yes it really did. In all honesty the hard part was learning how to get through the newest part every time. It wasn't hard to get back to somewhere you died, and you always get progressively further and further every time you play, but it was so god damn time consuming to just have to re do everything to get to the point where you're now trying to learn how to do. I don't know if you catch my drift?

I mean right now I'm done with the first part, and I can pretty much get to the end again every time, and I'm working on getting back (which is surprisingly not that bad thanks to DigDogy and his walkthrough video), but it would be so much nicer if I didn't have to re-do the whole run down every single time, instead of just working on what I need to work on.

Check points would be such a nice relief and time saver.

But I guess when you're greedy and you just want people to see your ad as much as possible and collect as much money as you want, you really don't care much about giving people something useful.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 05:51:42

At 8/1/09 05:00 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
I don't get it.Then you must be scandalised by the fact that we used copypasta to get the Pianist medal on OCD+ or a chronometer on Brawl Royale...you don't edit the game files, you do not affect gameplay, so l don't see why the hell would you consider it as bad as hacking...

personally I feel using capypasta for the Pianist medal (I did it too) and doing back/forward on OCD+ and the chronometer are cheating. They aren't technically the same thing as "hacking", but I don't feel there's a distinction in the intention and use. And although you aren't editing the game files you are certainly altering the gameplay. But I don't feel as strongly against hacking as others on this board do. I don't do it myself for several reasons (don't care enough/don't know how/don't want to lose my medals/etc) but none of those reasons have anything to do with ethics. I don't feel we should punish hackers by taking away their medals, especially if they admit what they're doing. I honestly have some respect for the way wayne and gdfsgdfg didn't try to hide what they were doing (well initially for gdfsgdfg); I thought it was funny if anything.

The only reason I used the Pianist copypasta and other "glitches" is because everybody else did and they told me how to and didn't have a problem with it. If everybody else hacked and was fine with it I probably would too.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-01 05:55:21

At 8/1/09 05:51 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
The only reason I used the Pianist copypasta and other "glitches" is because everybody else did and they told me how to and didn't have a problem with it. If everybody else hacked and was fine with it I probably would too.

So are walkthroughs also cheating? They basically tell you what to do right? Kind of like what to type for the pianist, or the answers for drop the bomb, or what to do where in what situation.

My point is that it's kind of hard to draw a straight line on what is cheating.