00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,636,012 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-11 22:37:07

At 6/11/09 10:14 PM, ThePathFinder wrote: I don't want to jump to conclusions, but what happened to matt's author comments?

I kinda wondered about that myself.

If only I saved my energy drink for later on.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-11 22:38:08

...and now some posts disappeared...?

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-11 22:45:06

At 6/11/09 10:38 PM, ThePathFinder wrote: ...and now some posts disappeared...?

I deleted a couple of posts because they were kinda pointless and didn't really contribute anything, and frankly that kind of lackluster posting can escalate and encourage more of the same. If you see posts disappearing that don't seem to break rules, assume it's for that reason... and don't make posts asking why the posts disappeared in the first place.

Carry on.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-11 22:57:16

Yo Matt did you change the timing a bit? Because when I face goku I always have it timed to Exactly when the go shows up, and that's how I was able to beat it before, yet now when I do it I always foul up.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-11 23:29:42

Beating Brawl Royale was pretty easy. The method I used was count up from one in a steady quick pace as soon as the round number disappears and press space when the time is correct. As far as I can tell the amount of time increases as you increase in rounds. Goku, at my counting pace, was right after 14. Canti was in the middle of the 'thir' syllable of 13. You can adjust accordingly to your pace.

At 6/11/09 08:04 PM, Hacsev wrote: I was playing SHIFT 4 a while ago and it gave me the foreclosure medal in the game, but when I checked my userpage it wasn't there, does anyone know why it doesn't appear?

SHIFT 4 medals don't work. I'll try PMing the author.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-11 23:48:18

At 6/11/09 11:29 PM, Wylo wrote: The method I used was count up from one in a steady quick pace as soon as the round number disappears and press space when the time is correct. As far as I can tell the amount of time increases as you increase in rounds. Goku, at my counting pace, was right after 14. Canti was in the middle of the 'thir' syllable of 13. You can adjust accordingly to your pace.

I'll give you ninety-two cents via paypal to do a youtube video with a computerized counter at the bottom of the video. Low quality to ensure compatibility. :)

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 00:00:55

At 6/11/09 11:29 PM, Wylo wrote: Goku, at my counting pace, was right after 14. Canti was in the middle of the 'thir' syllable of 13. You can adjust accordingly to your pace.

Cheers just tried it worked perfectly.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 00:36:52

At 6/12/09 12:30 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: I too am having trouble with this game, would this be better on a really slow computer?

No, then it just skips frames, leading it to be even harder.
Also, why is it that sometimes the "Woosh" sound plays before the "Go!" appears? I've gotten a foul due to that quite a few times. >.>

Hello, I am Another-User, and I approve this message.

The unclickable link. O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 00:54:55

At 6/11/09 11:48 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 6/11/09 11:29 PM, Wylo wrote: The method I used was count up from one in a steady quick pace as soon as the round number disappears and press space when the time is correct. As far as I can tell the amount of time increases as you increase in rounds. Goku, at my counting pace, was right after 14. Canti was in the middle of the 'thir' syllable of 13. You can adjust accordingly to your pace.
I'll give you ninety-two cents via paypal to do a youtube video with a computerized counter at the bottom of the video. Low quality to ensure compatibility. :)

92 cents? I'd do it for 91!

Uploading video now. It should be up in an hour or so on my FAQ page. Surprisingly its pretty easy to repeat beating the game after you beat it once.

At 6/12/09 12:36 AM, Another-User wrote:
At 6/12/09 12:30 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: I too am having trouble with this game, would this be better on a really slow computer?
No, then it just skips frames, leading it to be even harder.
Also, why is it that sometimes the "Woosh" sound plays before the "Go!" appears? I've gotten a foul due to that quite a few times. >.>

I muted the game the entire way through. I find music/sound too distracting.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 01:16:48

At 6/12/09 12:54 AM, Wylo wrote: I muted the game the entire way through. I find music/sound too distracting.

I felt the music helped me sync with the game somewhat. Anyways, just so people realize, you do get three fouls for each enemy. I wouldn't have beaten goku without them. Instead of reacting you need to try anticipate the go and try to press it at the exact same time it comes up - which is where the fouls come in handy.

And I can't believe how much hostility there is towards matt. How about a "thank you" instead of all these criticisms and complaints. He spent a lot of time and effort to give us these great games and medals and people are bitching because they can't beat it right away.

Anyways, thanks matt for adding great medals to a great game! You're the best!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 01:59:05

For Brawl Royale, keep the beat of the faster music somehow (I used my legs). For Canti fire after 8 beats, for Goku fire after 9. Now I just have to die at every level before Canti, and I'll have a complete set of medals for the game.

Thanks Matt! Appreciate it!

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 03:05:36

At 6/12/09 01:59 AM, chris-marks wrote: For Brawl Royale, keep the beat of the faster music somehow (I used my legs). For Canti fire after 8 beats, for Goku fire after 9. Now I just have to die at every level before Canti, and I'll have a complete set of medals for the game.

Great, and l was playing the game with no sound till now....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 03:31:33

At 6/12/09 01:59 AM, chris-marks wrote: For Brawl Royale, keep the beat of the faster music somehow (I used my legs). For Canti fire after 8 beats, for Goku fire after 9. Now I just have to die at every level before Canti, and I'll have a complete set of medals for the game.

Thanks Matt! Appreciate it!

I beat the game without the counting pattern....etc......
I turned off the sound to reduce distraction......

uhhh......
not in the mood for alkie kong 2..........died in lvl 15.............
I'll try to beat DD nxt week

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 03:34:31

At 6/12/09 03:31 AM, midgardsormr wrote: I beat the game without the counting pattern....etc......

Then how the fuck did you do it?
And it's not about relfexes because if that is the case l should've beated the game on my first try...
Also, the counting pattern won't work because...well, it impossible to count in the EXACT same speed 10 times in a row..
And the canti music has no "fast" beat....
SO HOW DO I DO IT?
Also, l seem to die 5/6 of the times at the mecha, but l never get killed by the girl after him..wtf.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 03:47:23

At 6/12/09 03:34 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/12/09 03:31 AM, midgardsormr wrote: I beat the game without the counting pattern....etc......
Then how the fuck did you do it?
And it's not about relfexes because if that is the case l should've beated the game on my first try...
Also, the counting pattern won't work because...well, it impossible to count in the EXACT same speed 10 times in a row..
SO HOW DO I DO IT?
Also, l seem to die 5/6 of the times at the mecha, but l never get killed by the girl after him..wtf.

yah followed my reflexes.....
hmm.....try this....

1. "round 1" appears
2. "round ......" disappears
3. ".....1" before the no.1 disappear (begin counting from 1 to .........)

round 1.....wait....
ound 1
und 1
nd 1
d 1
1one..two...three..four...fi?.......spac e!
I tried this before........kinda worked.....but not very useful.....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 03:52:10

I took a chronometre and tried to calculate the amount of time that is OK to have to beat a level..so you can look at your without even looking at the screen...just make sure you press space a bit beofre the actual time just to be sure...
So, starting from the Black Mage (the ones beofre are too easy):
Black Mage: 2:80
Fire Guy: 2:53
Mecha: 2:38
Girl: 2:39
Canti: 2:70
Goku: yet to be tested....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:02:38

At 6/12/09 03:52 AM, HeavyTank wrote: I took a chronometre and tried to calculate the amount of time that is OK to have to beat a level..so you can look at your without even looking at the screen...just make sure you press space a bit beofre the actual time just to be sure...
So, starting from the Black Mage (the ones beofre are too easy):
Black Mage: 2:80
Fire Guy: 2:53
Mecha: 2:38
Girl: 2:39
Canti: 2:70
Goku: yet to be tested....

gud luk......
concentrate more on mecha, canti and goku.........

I died:
mecha (twice)......his hugeness distracts me o.0
canti (thrice)
goku (zero...lucky!)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:03:58

I posted the youtube video now will work on getting timings later. Question: at what point should you start counting? When the round number disappears?

http://wylina.newgrounds.com/news/post/3 26084

At 6/12/09 03:34 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Then how the fuck did you do it?

That's why you have to try to do it in a steady voice and fairly quickly to reduce error. The more counting you've done, the smaller the time intervals between numbers.

SO HOW DO I DO IT?

Yes, mecha seems to be harder than the girl. Maybe the girl is taking it to easy on him? Or maybe you are more attracted to mechas than girls....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:08:10

At 6/12/09 04:03 AM, Wylo wrote:
Yes, mecha seems to be harder than the girl. Maybe the girl is taking it to easy on him? Or maybe you are more attracted to mechas than girls....

Lol very funny.
Anyway l finally managed to beat Canti, and this tactic works fine for me..now l can make it till Canti every time...
Goku time is 3:30, but you have to get it EXACTLY....dang!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:15:01

Well, I finally beat the game. (Matt, you are the greatest person ever, putting a button that resends the medals. Seriously, you are the first author to figure out how much people need that. =D)

My Strategy was to watch the character animations (The slight swaying, it's kinda hard to notice at first). For Canti, puch space right as the hand not holding the guitar completes it's first swing to the left after the scoreboard goes blank, and for Goku push space as the sword is going down for the second time right after it passes the horizontal mark. (Note: This only works after fouls, and if you skip the animation before it, results may vary).

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:19:43

At 6/12/09 04:15 AM, Another-User wrote: Well, I finally beat the game. (Matt, you are the greatest person ever, putting a button that resends the medals. Seriously, you are the first author to figure out how much people need that. =D)

Resends the medals?
What do you mean?

My Strategy was to watch the character animations (The slight swaying, it's kinda hard to notice at first). For Canti, puch space right as the hand not holding the guitar completes it's first swing to the left after the scoreboard goes blank, and for Goku push space as the sword is going down for the second time right after it passes the horizontal mark. (Note: This only works after fouls, and if you skip the animation before it, results may vary).

You mean the main character's animation right?
Also, Wylo, your vid doesen't hlep at all because the timer should start and stop to know when to press space, otherwise it's useless....
And my Goku time is wrong, l did 3:20 and l still got pwned...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:22:52

At 6/12/09 04:03 AM, Wylo wrote: I posted the youtube video now will work on getting timings later. Question: at what point should you start counting? When the round number disappears?

http://wylina.newgrounds.com/news/post/3 26084

yup...after the round number disappears........
helpful vid......didn't think that using a timer is very useful.......T_T

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:27:52

At 6/12/09 04:19 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Resends the medals?
What do you mean?

Beat the game, you'll know what I'm talking about. (Didn't get screenshot, too lazy to do it again)

You mean the main character's animation right?

Yes. I'm not good at explaining, but just try using the Main Character's animation for a little bit. With Canti, I used it to give myself a good estimate of the time the "Go!" will pop up, so it still requires some reaction time. Goku, you just have to hit space and pray. O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:27:54

At 6/12/09 04:19 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/12/09 04:15 AM, Another-User wrote: Well, I finally beat the game. (Matt, you are the greatest person ever, putting a button that resends the medals. Seriously, you are the first author to figure out how much people need that. =D)
Resends the medals?
What do you mean?

beat the game......you'll understand what he means......

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:29:25

i have no sound at the moment and managed to get to goku with ease... i just need to calm my counting down so i stop fouling >.<, nice and simple game... loved the animations on it and found it a nice refreshing game to play amongst the rest of the medal games... il come back to it in a bit... feeling rather average now seen as most people have 11000 points :S

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:29:58

At 6/12/09 04:27 AM, midgardsormr wrote: beat the game......you'll understand what he means......

Ah OK l was it...
Finally managed to beat that fucker...lol, l just pressed space beofre even seeing the flash, l guess l didn't do it on purpose, l'd call it "amazing luck"...
But who cares, l have all the medals in that game now..woo!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:33:14

At 6/12/09 01:16 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote: And I can't believe how much hostility there is towards matt. How about a "thank you" instead of all these criticisms and complaints.

MTE. People in this thread should think about WHY they play the games. Just for getting those stupid medals? Or maybe because they enjoy the games?

If it is just for the medals, maybe you should find some other way to waste your time...

Anyway, I can get to round 9 with ease, but haven't beaten Canti yet. Maybe the tips in this thread will help me to beat the game. -.-

At 6/12/09 04:03 AM, Wylo wrote: I posted the youtube video now will work on getting timings later. Question: at what point should you start counting? When the round number disappears?

I would start counting when the round number appears, seems to be easier.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 04:56:03

At 6/11/09 05:33 PM, Vranz-the-Blighted wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 8245

Medals work nicely Matt.

On my first run I got killed by Canti who was really fast. Second run my computer froze for a few seconds at the girl from the 8th round. Obviously I got killed -.-' *sigh*

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 05:07:39

i only need to beat goku man that guy uses speed hacks

the real newgrounds gold

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-12 05:08:51

At 6/12/09 05:07 AM, gdfsgdfg wrote: i only need to beat goku man that guy uses speed hacks

So I suppose you are going to go through your standard procedure when dealing with hard medals and add some speed hacks of your own?

BBS Signature