00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guild Wars Newgrounds Club

20,494 Views | 211 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-19 20:41:33

At 2/19/09 08:38 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/19/09 08:32 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Awesome, what is it, because I already have a bunch of stuff I don't need.
It's your very own cock-eyed weasel. He needs a home see, and he's free!
Also non-refundable.

Another mini? Crap, I'm having trouble selling my Whiptail.

Ah well, I guess I can be an asshole and flaunt it around in Kamadan.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-19 20:49:23

At 2/19/09 08:41 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Another mini? Crap, I'm having trouble selling my Whiptail.

Is it useful enough to be worth it? Also how much?

That's what I always do.

Although I've no idea where that is.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-20 15:23:51

At 2/19/09 08:49 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/19/09 08:41 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Another mini? Crap, I'm having trouble selling my Whiptail.
Is it useful enough to be worth it? Also how much?

Not much, it's a white. I could probably sell it for 4K. I can give it to you for 2, if you like.

That's what I always do.
Although I've no idea where that is.

Heh, Kamadan is the first city in the Nightfall expansion. It's the second worst cesspool of idiots in the game, the first is Shing Jea (first city in Factions). I never recruit there.

Also, does anyone know what a "dedicated" minipet does? My Whiptail is dedicated to the Hall of Monuments but I've had no trouble equipping it.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-20 17:15:44

At 2/20/09 03:23 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
Also, does anyone know what a "dedicated" minipet does? My Whiptail is dedicated to the Hall of Monuments but I've had no trouble equipping it.

No idea. Both of my minis are dedicated to Hall of Monuments also.

PS3 - Sharpe365 | COD:WaW Clan | Guild Wars Club

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-20 17:21:17

At 2/20/09 05:15 PM, sharpes wrote:
At 2/20/09 03:23 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
No idea. Both of my minis are dedicated to Hall of Monuments also.

Dude, if you seriously want to join iSpy, then you need to quit your current guild.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-20 17:23:33

At 2/20/09 03:23 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Not much, it's a white. I could probably sell it for 4K. I can give it to you for 2, if you like.

I'll let you know if I ever scrounge up the cash. I've only ever gotten to 2K once.

Heh, Kamadan is the first city in the Nightfall expansion. It's the second worst cesspool of idiots in the game, the first is Shing Jea (first city in Factions). I never recruit there.

Well, seeing as how I have neither expansion, that won't be a problem for me.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-20 18:56:23

At 2/20/09 05:23 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Well, seeing as how I have neither expansion, that won't be a problem for me.

Seriously? You need to get Nightfall and Eye of the North, they're both a lot of fun. But, don't get Factions. The Ritualist class is nice, but it's not something you'll be using very often, and the whole of Cantha isn't as nice as it was when Factions first came out.

Oh, and if you do get Eye of the North, it's not a full campaign. There's a mission in Lion's Arch that starts it.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-20 19:20:48

At 2/20/09 06:56 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 2/20/09 05:23 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Well, seeing as how I have neither expansion, that won't be a problem for me.
Seriously? You need to get Nightfall and Eye of the North, they're both a lot of fun. But, don't get Factions. The Ritualist class is nice, but it's not something you'll be using very often, and the whole of Cantha isn't as nice as it was when Factions first came out.

Oh, and if you do get Eye of the North, it's not a full campaign. There's a mission in Lion's Arch that starts it.

I agree, in order to get the full experience of Factions, you had to get it when it was in it's prime because it's very PvP orientated. Now there's not so many people playing that campaign and so you're just left with stacks of bots and heroes, so you might as well play NightFall which is more PvE based and it's very strong story.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-20 20:58:40

At 2/20/09 06:56 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
Seriously? You need to get Nightfall and Eye of the North, they're both a lot of fun.

But I have no money.....And when I get money it's going to Star Ocean 4. Then to Fire Emblem DS. Then to The Conduit. Then Madworld. Then maybe those two.

But, don't get Factions. The Ritualist class is nice, but it's not something you'll be using very often, and the whole of Cantha isn't as nice as it was when Factions first came out.

Thanks for the heads up.

Right.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-21 09:51:54

So anyone partaking in the double fame weekend in HA?

I've been to HoH once already, but by chance considering we got skipped after burial mounds. Anyway if you stick with it pretty much anyone can get rank 3 this weekend.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-21 12:22:15

Im on name:WeepyParott

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-21 13:36:17

At 2/21/09 09:51 AM, thegreatmorph wrote: So anyone partaking in the double fame weekend in HA?

I've been to HoH once already, but by chance considering we got skipped after burial mounds. Anyway if you stick with it pretty much anyone can get rank 3 this weekend.

Where's Hero's Ascent? I've never been to Hall of Heroes, either. I know where HOH is but I keep getting murdered in Underworld.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-21 22:11:49

At 2/21/09 09:51 AM, thegreatmorph wrote: So anyone partaking in the double fame weekend in HA?

No, I've been doing other things. Such as farming for titles, doing missions on HM, and other things.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-22 21:12:23

Good to see that iSpy actually has a few active members... when I joined, the only active members were me and Fourth, and he's not even on half the time anymore. Now we usually have six at a time...

If anyone else in the club wants to join the guild (as in, in the game), just tell me (Bekan The Fearsome) or DeathNote (Fenris Sulfr) and we'll invite you.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-23 18:12:50

So...We need to start doing AB more. So that we can get out faction up a lot more. I've been trying, but the Kurzick just suck lately

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-23 18:16:48

At 2/23/09 06:12 PM, sharpes wrote: So...We need to start doing AB more. So that we can get out faction up a lot more. I've been trying, but the Kurzick just suck lately

Well AB have really died down since Factions was released. I've tried a few times to play one but I swear I haven't been able to get to play a single round.

On another note I'm getting Nightfall this friday, which means I have to get all my characters through Factions.

OSHI-

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-23 21:00:18

At 2/23/09 06:16 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: On another note I'm getting Nightfall this friday, which means I have to get all my characters through Factions.

OSHI-

You're going to like it a lot more than Factions. The story is a lot more involving and the new skills are oh so lovely.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-23 21:54:35

Hey guys, I have a question for you...

I'm looking in to selling a Guild Wars account. Not my main one, that one has all four games with CE of two. The one I'm thinking of selling is an empty Prophecies Game of the Year account with no guild connection. The person can offer it in two ways: 900K or 100K and 200 ectos, but here's the thing about payment: Only 100K can be transfered at a time so he could easily give me 100K and run off with the rest, and I'm not sure if I could get the full price of 4K per ecto. Also, he says he wants to 'test the account' before he pays, but that sounds really shady. What do you think? It's a LOT of money, I could get a few suits of prestiege with that much. Plus I could have a few money trivia like I did today...

Do you think it's smart? Or even allowed by ArenaNet?

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-23 22:32:39

I don't think thats legal. But you can risk it if you want. I won't be buying it though. Im saving for other things.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-23 23:01:40

At 2/23/09 10:32 PM, sharpes wrote: I won't be buying it though.

No, I have someone interested in buying, and that's how much they offered to pay.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-23 23:27:59

At 2/23/09 09:54 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Do you think it's smart?

No, not really. Odds are he's just going to hijack it once you give him an oppurtunity. The problem with these types of transactions over the web is that neither party is sure of the other. The person interested in buying it could be a perfectly reasonable person, but is not sure that you may be screwing him over. And you're not sure he's screwing you over. It's just an iffy deal all around, I'd sooner just not make it. However, if you're that desperate to get rid of it, make the deal with someone you know in real life. That way you have a human connection there as a sort of insurance policy. Just make sure you can kick the kid's ass if he screws you over.

Or even allowed by ArenaNet?

It's probably not not allowed, but very shady. Sort of like the black market.

Yes, I know the black market is illegal.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-24 09:35:43

At 2/23/09 09:00 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: You're going to like it a lot more than Factions. The story is a lot more involving and the new skills are oh so lovely.

Yeah I know, my friend's going to help me with getting through it on one character, and he's one of those stupid good people.

Pretty sure he has 'My Guild Hall Smells of Rich Mahogany' which means he's played far too much.

At 2/23/09 09:54 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Do you think it's smart? Or even allowed by ArenaNet?

Yeah pretty much everyone who's into account buying is practically just there to steal your account, it happened to a person a knew, and although he wasn't really bothered because he knew he wouldn't play again, it's still an example of how often i happens for you.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-24 15:06:07

At 2/23/09 11:27 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: No, not really. Odds are he's just going to hijack it once you give him an oppurtunity. The problem with these types of transactions over the web is that neither party is sure of the other. The person interested in buying it could be a perfectly reasonable person, but is not sure that you may be screwing him over. And you're not sure he's screwing you over. It's just an iffy deal all around, I'd sooner just not make it. However, if you're that desperate to get rid of it, make the deal with someone you know in real life. That way you have a human connection there as a sort of insurance policy. Just make sure you can kick the kid's ass if he screws you over.

But the thing is, I know a way where it's impossible for him to rip me off. This is how I have it planned out:

1. I give him account email
2. He pays me all of the money
3. I give him the password

The worst thing that could happen to me is that he's lying and doesn't have 900K, which I see as highly likely.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-24 17:02:11

At 2/24/09 03:06 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: But the thing is, I know a way where it's impossible for him to rip me off. This is how I have it planned out:

1. I give him account email
2. He pays me all of the money
3. I give him the password

The worst thing that could happen to me is that he's lying and doesn't have 900K, which I see as highly likely.

You're right, that makes it virtually impossible for him to rip you off, but as the buyer, he has no way of knowing if you're ripping him off. That may be why he would claim to not have 900K. However, this is a win-win situation for you in any case. The ball's in your court.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-24 19:56:05

At 2/24/09 05:02 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: You're right, that makes it virtually impossible for him to rip you off, but as the buyer, he has no way of knowing if you're ripping him off. That may be why he would claim to not have 900K. However, this is a win-win situation for you in any case. The ball's in your court.

Yeah, but even though I'm a veteran not many people know who I am, so nobody's really out there to vouch for me.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-25 15:51:36

Haha, did anyone get on today? They kicked us from the alliance. Better for us, I say. I didn't want anything to do with them anyhow.

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-25 17:35:43

At 2/25/09 03:51 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Haha, did anyone get on today?

Not yet.

They kicked us from the alliance.

LE GASP! OH TEH NOES!!!!!!!!

Better for us, I say. I didn't want anything to do with them anyhow.

Yeah, seriously, they were way too uptight. Like I said yesterday, most of them are the type of people that turned me off WoW.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-25 19:59:00

At 2/25/09 05:35 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/25/09 03:51 PM, Valjylmyr wrote:
Better for us, I say. I didn't want anything to do with them anyhow.
Yeah, seriously, they were way too uptight. Like I said yesterday, most of them are the type of people that turned me off WoW.

Heh, yea. A bunch of 10 year old little brats.

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-25 20:12:04

At 2/25/09 07:59 PM, sharpes wrote: Heh, yea. A bunch of 10 year old little brats.

That and WoW was a droll grindfest. But that's beside the point.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Guild Wars Newgrounds Club 2009-02-26 07:07:56

At 2/25/09 05:35 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Yeah, seriously, they were way too uptight

One of the reasons I refuse to join guilds is because of that. I'm actually in my own guild at the moment, and there's only me in it.

I like it that way.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature