00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,792,021 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-19 07:40:22

Silently pondering on the deep thoughts of the universe and their beginnings...

Is Aphex Twin just a big troll?

Professional audio/visual idiot, poor excuse for a human being, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere in Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-19 08:15:13

At 1/19/13 07:02 AM, FairSquare wrote: Show tonight

I have a big show tonight with my band! :D Also have a drum solo
I'll play in front of a lot of people (300 people at least, 500+ people max) and i'm excited :)
Wish me luck :O

Best of luck to ye, Square (although by the time you've read this, the show is probably over so adjfhsiodb).

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-19 14:00:49

Haha this is great

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-19 22:19:45

At 1/19/13 07:40 AM, ChainsawPolice wrote:

hahaha, that thoughts crossed my mind so many times.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-20 03:15:37

At 1/19/13 07:02 AM, FairSquare wrote: 500+ people max

This part confuses me.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-20 09:53:14

At 1/19/13 07:40 AM, ChainsawPolice wrote: Silently pondering on the deep thoughts of the universe and their beginnings...

yes

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-20 11:39:23

At 1/19/13 08:15 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Best of luck to ye, Square (although by the time you've read this, the show is probably over so adjfhsiodb).

Thanks. And yes, the show is over :p
But it was.. incredibly awesome!
The night consisted of 5 bands who each played for half an hour. Time slots were randomly assigned and we got the 4th time slot, which is good. Audience is warmed up, we don't have to open the evening and the band who had to perform as 5th band is pretty well known so it was packed.
Also, the band who sold the most tickets (we were responsible for our own tickets that we could sell) had a couple of prizes of which they can pick one.
Prizes were a photoshoot with the band.. some other prizes.. and 12 hours of studio time (8 hours recording, 4 hours mixing).
And we fucking won! :D So awesome.

At 1/19/13 12:42 PM, Braiton wrote:
Good luck man. I played alone in front of around 150 people max. That's my lame record.

Be glad you got that opportunity! Most people don't ever get to play in front of audiences, but you did, so, cool :)
And thanks :)

At 1/20/13 03:15 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 1/19/13 07:02 AM, FairSquare wrote: 500+ people max
This part confuses me.

I didn't know how many people would be there, but at the most there would be 500 something people.
When we played i think there were.. 300 people? I dunno, i was so pumped i didn't have time to fully inspect the whole hall.

My drumsolo went pretty good too, although it was shorter than i had planned :p

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-20 18:06:15

At 1/20/13 11:39 AM, FairSquare wrote:
And we fucking won! :D So awesome.

Ooh, congrats!

Coding + Music = fun times
Chores out of the way for the weekend, I started doing a little side project that'd been in my queue for a while: a simple in-browser step sequencer like the one in FL studio.

If a few hours I've thrown this thing out there: http://stepseq.michd.me/
It's very basic: you get 4 fixed samples and a 16 step grid. Tempo is also adjustable. It runs pretty well in Chrome, and Opera as well apparently; Firefox runs it very shittily from my experience.

As you edit the pattern, the url updates, so you can share your pieces.

Some planned things for later: Add/remove channels, choose from about 50-ish drum samples, track volume control, toggle track, perhaps different pattern length, adjustable time signatures, what have you.

Pretty proud of this so far, regardless of how barebones it still is.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-20 20:03:36

zomg im in music trance nostalgia moment right nawo

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 09:48:01

At 1/20/13 06:06 PM, Mich wrote: http://stepseq.michd.me/
so you can share your pieces

Nice

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 18:17:54

Am I qualified to write unmusical review in the portal?

I am a self taught musician with little understanding of musical jargon. I personally listen to variety of genres although I tend to lean towards electric music in general. I feel that as part of the community, I am obligated to contribute yet I feel like if I do write review, it wouldn't be as helpful as say if Envy or any more experienced/professional/talented composer wrote it.

Just wonderin'

I'm a noob.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 18:28:01

just write what you think about the songs man

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 20:41:57

At 1/20/13 11:00 AM, Chemich wrote:
At 1/20/13 09:53 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/19/13 07:40 AM, ChainsawPolice wrote: Silently pondering on the deep thoughts of the universe and their beginnings...

yes
Pfft, only reason he got recognition was because of how utterly ridiculous he was. But gotta say he made some pretty awesome music in his day, gave the ear something new to yearn for.

Someone's a Sour Sally :V

His synthwork is absolutely killer. I remember when I listened to Bucepahlus Bouncing Ball a month or two ago. I don't think I left my jaw dropped that long since I heard Skrillex's latest tunes.

Professional audio/visual idiot, poor excuse for a human being, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere in Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 22:45:28

At 1/21/13 06:17 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: Am I qualified to write unmusical review in the portal?

Just wonderin'

lol thats new

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 22:52:38

At 1/21/13 10:45 PM, Sequenced wrote:
lol thats new

Things to add to the forum: -Ability to edit previous posts

I'm a noob.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 23:15:56

At 1/21/13 10:52 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: Things to add to the forum: -Ability to edit previous posts

My old posts... Oh god. I hope a potential employer never decides to read my post history on this site...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 23:50:02

Energetic producers?

Hey guys. I've taken to watching a lot more live sets of EDM producers/DJs on Youtube, but the one thing I notice is that not a lot of the ones I find seem very...lively and energetic. They might bob their head a bit and rock a little, but not a whole lot. Do you guys know of any artists that go really hard during their set? Doesn't matter if they're well known or not. The only ones I've found that seem to get really into things is Funtcase and Mark Instinct. I find those guys to be much more entertaining. It's also how I'd like to be if I ever get to the point of live mixing, and it might help seeing how you can pump up a crowd (:

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 00:06:38

At 1/21/13 11:50 PM, ToxInjection wrote: Energetic producer djs?

the music and mixing should speak for itself, i dont need some ego-centric fucker dancing infront of his decks to get into a good set.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 00:11:51

At 1/22/13 12:06 AM, jpbear wrote:
the music and mixing should speak for itself, i dont need some ego-centric fucker dancing infront of his decks to get into a good set.

Well, obviously, the music and mixing is going to be the main thing that people SHOULD focus on, but I also think that since EDM is the genre that it is, it's not something that you can just stand still to, even if you're the one pumping out the tracks. It's not important, but it's fun to see that an artist just seems to lose himself in the set. The energy isn't mandatory to have a good set, but it just seems like it'd boost the crowd up even further.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 00:19:29

At 1/22/13 12:11 AM, ToxInjection wrote: The energy isn't mandatory to have a good set, but it just seems like it'd boost the crowd up even further.

Steve Aoki crowdsurfs in a rubber boat. Just sayin'.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 15:38:10

Speedster!

So... I'm downloading the beta for Path of Exile... a diablo like action RPG that's hitting open beta like... tomorrow. And so I'm just surfing the web, wasting time while it's downloading... checking on it every once in a while.

I alt tab to see if it's almost done and...

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 17:32:58

At 1/22/13 12:06 AM, jpbear wrote:

You kidding me? I grew up going to rock shows and jumping into pits. If I go to see a DJ he better do something worth seeing or I'm out. If the entertainer isn't having a fun time, how the fuck is everyone else supposed to? I WANT to see pretentious ass fuck wads. I can listen to a million mixes, they're free online all the time. No point in going to see something if there's nothing worth seeing.

I remember when I saw Converge. They kept yelling at the people to "TURN ON THE FUCKING HOUSE LIGHTS. WERE NOT STARTING UNTIL WE CAN SEE YOUR FACES!!!" They were hard as fuck. The stage was about a foot tall and people kept running onto the stage to do flips into the audience. I kicked a kid and his shoe came off. I talked to him after the show. He never found his shoe :c

I've seen Reel Big Fish maybe five times. They're always a really fun show. Always entertaining/comedic. My favorite show was explosions in the sky. I didn't even know them when I went to see them but the tickets were free. Apparently my old college friend is their biggest fan. He can get free explosions tickets anytime. At one point the guy was dragging his guitar around the stage but it still had such an awesome sound and texture to it all. Clean as fuck.

The Mars Volta are exactly what you would expect them to be. The Pixies were kind of boring until they played that one song I know. Fall Of Troy was neato. Circa Survive twas good too.

What I'm getting at is that I can't remember a single DJ set I've been to. They're usually pretty boring. If I'm paying ten bucks for drinks or five bucks to get into your set AND ten bucks for drinks: DANCE MOTHER FUCKER. DANCE LIKE YOUR ON FIRE BECAUSE YOUR EQUIPMENT ISNT. I WANT TO SEE SOMETHING!!

energy energy energy.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 18:22:00

At 1/21/13 06:17 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: Am I qualified to write unmusical review in the portal?

I am a self taught musician with little understanding of musical jargon.

Don't worry, me too!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 00:52:34

At 1/22/13 06:22 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:

I am a self taught musician with little understanding of musical jargon.
Don't worry, me too!

i think this applies to most of us. But you don't need musical jargon to help artists, you just need to write what you think about the track and how you think it could be improved, from your point of view, and as an artist yourself as well.
Talking about it, it's been a while since my last review. Gonna review something now.. or maybe tomorrow lolol

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 02:37:46

Why is everyone so butthurt over the voting system?
"one of my tracks got a 2. THE VOTE SYSTEM IS FLAWED!!!!11!!!!1oneone!!!!!exclamationpoint!!!!"

P.S. If you're legitimately getting 0-bombed (say...somewhere between 5++ votes and a score lower than 2), then ignore this.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 02:52:53

At 1/23/13 02:37 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Why is everyone so butthurt over the voting system?
"one of my tracks got a 2. THE VOTE SYSTEM IS FLAWED!!!!11!!!!1oneone!!!!!exclamationpoint!!!!"

P.S. If you're legitimately getting 0-bombed (say...somewhere between 5++ votes and a score lower than 2), then ignore this.

Because whiny bitches.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 03:04:00

Sorry some people still give a damn about this site instead of pretending like theres nothing wrong with it.

Ill complain about it till the day i die bitches.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 04:05:09

At 1/23/13 03:04 AM, jpbear wrote: Sorry some people still give a damn about this site instead of pretending like theres nothing wrong with it.

Ill complain about it till the day i die bitches.

Implying I don't care about the site and that I'm not aware of the problems... You obviously don't know me very well.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 05:43:19

At 1/23/09 04:37 PM, Zero123Music wrote: The Whole Bold Thing

It's a good idea - but I hope no-one will forget, cause normally - one person does.. then everyone XD

Anyone who does not post their subject in bold will be shot.

then banned :D

Wat?

and here I thought ideas from 2008 were illegal from being posted...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 05:49:05

At 1/23/13 05:43 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 1/23/09 04:37 PM, Zero123Music wrote: The Whole Bold Thing

It's a good idea - but I hope no-one will forget, cause normally - one person does.. then everyone XD

Anyone who does not post their subject in bold will be shot.

then banned :D
Wat?

and here I thought ideas from 2008 were illegal from being posted...

"At 1/23/09 04:37 PM, Zero123Music wrote:"

You click the wrong page Quarl?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature