00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FIERYTEMPTRESS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,788,158 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 14:48:12

At 11/15/11 02:32 PM, LaForge wrote: Dream Continuation

I've never really continued a dream, but I've had a few recurring ones... most of them fairly disturbing and hard to put into words.

There's this one dream I've had for years and years... so often and for so long that I had begun to believe it's supposed to mean something, which goes something like this:
I'm in this white box with a black "ceiling" with a bunkbed on one side... this box is both ridiculously large and small at the same time... There are these "orbs" flying around everywhere, bouncing off the walls, both moving slow and fast at the same time... As well as a gorilla that chases me around this box before it just randomly vanishes and the size of everything, myself included, inside this box rapidly fluctuates and the orbs start going ridiculously fast... yet ridiculously slow (Think the matrix bullets)... at the same time...
Then I wake up.

Like I said.. hard to explain how something goes fast and slow at the same time, or is large and small at the same time... But I can tell you this, the dream is fucking terrifying when I do have it... And I used to have it extremely often... not so much anymore though.
I also used to have a recurring dream where I was walking down a dirt road by my old house with a skateboard under my arm, and somehow I fell through the ice in the ditch and drown as the ice froze over immediately above me.
I've woken up from that one a few times gasping for air. That one I don't have quite as often though.

Dreams are... interesting.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 14:51:25

Have you ever been enjoying a dream so much that after waking up you try to immediately fall back asleep to continue it?

OMG, yes!!! I can remember one time though that once I got back to dream, the plot thinned and then became utter randomness. I woke up a bit after that. Then again, I didn't really get all the back to sleep when I returned to the dream. It was wierd. I could only describe it as returning to the dream and then it kind of fuzzed out and faded away back to reality. I kind of percieved that transition as experiencing both the dream and knowing I am awake (i.e. feel both the fantasy and reality at the same time). Hard to explain further than that.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 15:04:16

I have some extremely long and triply dreams that seem to continue from where they left off at random times throughout my life. Sometimes I wake up, vividly hallucinating that something is in my room, and I just stare at it and wait for it to go away. Either that or I scream and jump out of my bed and run into the hallway. It's pretty crazy.

A lot of my writings and music is inspired from my dreams actually. Right now I am making a short story based off a very very long and isolated dream where I was inside a large city all alone. One day these metallic beasts began to cover the city with their thick metallic arms, tearing everything apart in a chaotic eruption of fire and explosions. I ran into a cave for cover. I walked for hours through an endless maze of tunnels and small watery streams. At the end, I found a centipede and collapsed next to it, where it bit me and I woke up, thinking there were centipedes in my bed. I through my covers off my body and ran into my bathroom.

Weird shit.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 15:13:44

Here's a pic of some butterflies standing on the ground.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 15:24:40

I used to be extremely prone to nightmares two years ago, mostly due to the medication I was on at the time, and when I say nightmares, I mean Potent "you would piss yourself", Silent Hill stuff.
I once dreamt that I killed my family (kind of a cliché) whit a meat cleaver, I hunted them down one by one, cut their heads of and disemboweled them, all in great detail.
When i woke up i could swear there was this stench of blood reeking throughout my room, so heavily that the first thing i did when i woke up was to throw up and take the longest shower ive ever had.

I love my family and I would never do anything like that in real life, this scared the shit out of me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 15:48:28

Hearing about other people's dreams
Almost as fun as hearing about their relationship problems

SBB's daily wut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH5bvGQ1K L8

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 15:59:47

At 11/15/11 03:48 PM, SBB wrote:
SBB's daily wut

That stunt could have been only inspired by a crazy dream by some random Chevy advertisement department employee...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 16:01:37

At 11/15/11 03:59 PM, brokendeck wrote:
At 11/15/11 03:48 PM, SBB wrote:
SBB's daily wut
That stunt could have been only inspired by a crazy dream by some random Chevy advertisement department employee...

Really? I think about throwing my vehicle out of a plane every day.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 16:07:59

Yeah, i have had some of those. Though a lot of times it never continues and just gives me another damn dream. Then when i want to continue that one, it goes to another. Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 17:50:36

...Inception.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 18:21:33

At 11/15/11 03:48 PM, SBB wrote: SBB's daily wut

Siney's daily wut

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 19:08:49

You guys need to read some Carl Jung

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 19:17:14

You guys need to get out with society

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 21:11:27

Ha. I just formed a barbershop quartet, and we're going to sing a song on an open mic night.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-15 23:18:31

At 11/15/11 09:11 PM, Sequenced wrote: Ha. I just formed a barbershop quartet, and we're going to sing a song on an open mic night.

You should sing accopella dubstep

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 01:20:21

At 11/15/11 11:18 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: You should sing accopella dubstep

You mean like this?

X Sentinel & GirlStep - Obelisk <-- please take a listen! :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 01:24:13

At 11/15/11 07:17 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: You guys need to get out with society

Society is for suckers... Shut in powah!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 01:47:02

Dreams

I did have dream continuation several times, but the intervals of being awake were similar to LaForge, I didn't leave bed and just fell asleep again.

Dunno why, LaForge, but the moment with the dudes who had midi keyboards, asking you to join their band, cracked me up :P

I had a recurring dream when I was smaller. It was fucking odd. I swear that the following paragraph isn't bullshit.

I dreamed how I put on sunglasses and a big ass trench coat inside our storage room. Later I went out and with all speed ran towards the window, broke throw it, fell down and woke up in reality. And this had been bothering me for many years, until one day it stopped.

And one more annoying thing is deja vu. Sometimes things that happen in reality, happened to me before in dreams. It's so strange, man. Like, I've been here/done this before, but it's actually the first time happening to me.

So yeah, dreams are fucked up

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 03:10:25

At 11/16/11 01:47 AM, MrSaint wrote: And one more annoying thing is deja vu. Sometimes things that happen in reality, happened to me before in dreams. It's so strange, man. Like, I've been here/done this before, but it's actually the first time happening to me.

Or your brain is misfiring and you perceive your thoughts to be related to a past event that is a dream, that likely never happened.

Oh time dilation and perception inaccuracy, y u so funny.

I definitely know the feeling though. :P You catch yourself catching yourself thinking about thinking as you look to where you look, and realize that your brain is jerking you along.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 03:24:44

At 11/16/11 03:10 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 11/16/11 01:47 AM, MrSaint wrote: And one more annoying thing is deja vu. Sometimes things that happen in reality, happened to me before in dreams. It's so strange, man. Like, I've been here/done this before, but it's actually the first time happening to me.
Or your brain is misfiring and you perceive your thoughts to be related to a past event that is a dream, that likely never happened.

Oh time dilation and perception inaccuracy, y u so funny.

I definitely know the feeling though. :P You catch yourself catching yourself thinking about thinking as you look to where you look, and realize that your brain is jerking you along.

I've had deja vu plenty of times, it's kind of scary how accurate it is... or feels... sometimes. I've had deja vu a time or two where I got that, "OMG, this has happened before"... and then I've had moments where it's "OMG, this has happened before..." and then I say, word for word what the person I'm talking to was saying in my head as they say it...
Or more frightening tell them that something is gonna happen next, like work is going to call, or my cat is gonna have one of her random mini freak outs... Then it happens.

Not sure how much of that is just dumb luck... probably most of it... Or I'm thinking it's going to happen but not until it actually does which sets the idea that I never had in concrete in the past event that never happened but thought it did because I felt that it had happened before but only after I already knew what has happened... leading me to believe that I knew what was going to happen before it happened after the events already took place.

Deja Vu is fun.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 03:28:58

Or more likely you have experienced something similar, or you know the people you are around very well and are capable of expecting what they might say.

You probably don't act dumbstruck by deja vu every time you try to finish someones sentence and fail. :P

Not trying to be a downer, but there are explanations for these thigns that only seem supernatural.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 04:07:59

At 11/16/11 03:28 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Or more likely you have experienced something similar, or you know the people you are around very well and are capable of expecting what they might say.

You probably don't act dumbstruck by deja vu every time you try to finish someones sentence and fail. :P

Not trying to be a downer, but there are explanations for these thigns that only seem supernatural.

Nah, I'm not trying to come off as psychic or anything, I don't believe in that stuff... I believe in hidden human potential... but in physical form... like a mother lifting a car off her child sort of thing, not in the "I can see the future" sense.

Really just saying that Deja Vu sometimes really makes it seem like you saw the future when really your mind is just playing tricks on you... Like when you fall in a dream and wake up feeling like you just dropped to your bed, had that plenty... just your body reacting to the dream, the same way you can wake up crying after having a sad dream. You know it didn't actually happen when you wake up, but you're crying anyways because it felt like it did.

And I have been told I see through people like they were made of glass, so it could just very well be that I know them well enough to make a fairly educated assumption on what they'd say next... I've done it before without having deja vu.

The mind is a powerful tool... and it loves to play with your head... hur hur.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 06:48:47

At 11/16/11 03:28 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:

Yep :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 07:54:12

Dreams can be rad bomb, or they... I don't even know. Dreams are dreams. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the line is between dreams and reality. Like how lately, I've been freaking out and hallucinating when I'm trying to go to sleep. It probably has to do with all the shit going on, how I haven't been taking my pills and how I haven't been using my instruments to express myself lately.

The hallucinations are predominantly aural and it's disturbing as fuck. It'll sound like there are people talking around me... With panning... Not usually about me, just random shit. Other times it's just weird noises. It doesn't help when my fan falls over or I hear some loud noise and I shoot up from slumber yelling, "WHAT THE HELL?!" I yell on purpose, though, not out of reaction. The yell is me trying to wake up from where ever I was in my head. If I didn't do that yell, I think I might see shit like FatKidWithAJetpack.

On another topic, I didn't go job searching the other day, because my wife had forgotten to tell me she had to hang out with her sisters or whatever. I was upset about it, but I got over it... Sort of, lol. In any case, we're going out on Thursday, so I'm'a grab 'n' dash job hunter style.

I started rerecording/actually making this blues song I've had in my unfinished songs to-... Day? Night? Whatever. Anyway, I'm improving on it and whatnot and I already was feeling really great when I was working on it. I can't wait for the end result. It's played using a slide, in my own secret tuning.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 09:05:10

Hi guys!

Guess what! It's almost my birthday! What'd you get me?

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 09:12:25

the most blackest, most brutal present of all

NOTHIIIIIIIING.

also cheers for the deja vu video fairsquare, that was properly interesting!

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 09:30:26

NOTHIIIIIIIING.

this is from dethklok yes?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 09:52:48

At 11/16/11 04:07 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Nah, I'm not trying to come off as psychic or anything, I don't believe in that stuff... I believe in hidden human potential... but in physical form... like a mother lifting a car off her child sort of thing, not in the "I can see the future" sense.

I think that the brain is potentially capable of some weird "seeing the future" stuff. You cannot prove the nonexistence of God, and I sort of feel the same way about these kinds of things. However, I could really care less, because even if our brains are capable of inexplicable, metaphysical things, there is no meaningful way to harness it.

However, I do still think that our brains are capable of things we don't understand. I only say this from personal experience (everyone has their own story, right?). Once under the influence of nitrous oxide, I remote viewed into the next room for a split second, and after I came to, I described in scarily accurate detail who was in there, what they were doing, what they were holding, where they were walking etc. Perhaps my senses were simply heightened and my brain was hyper-processing pieces of audio filtering through, but in my mind, I was floating a few meters above the room, looking down, and not believing what I was seeing.

don't do drugs kids

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 10:10:12

At 11/16/11 09:05 AM, TMM43 wrote: What'd you get me?

I rocked out to "Ride On Me" on Giant Shaft in your honor.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-11-16 11:38:53

Skyrim
DO NOT start the "House of Horrors" quest if you're on a console. The quest is broken. The AI will not go where it's supposed to go, and you will get locked inside the building.

Desafortunadamente, my 30 hour save file is now useless.