00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,353 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 07:28:43

Im gettin down on some jose especiale, delicious stuff.

I had a question, and I'm not really sure where to pose it, so I'm gonna try here and hopefully I'll be able to find the response whenever it happens, lol, this topic is ginormic.

I have a song, I'm trying to submit it here, but they won't let me. I've been waiting about a month now. 3 weeks, give or take a day. Here's a link to my site, where the song is hosted;

http://bloodysumo.freehostia.com

The name of the song is "You got your trance in my house" and I was wondering if some of you might listen to it, and tell me if it breaks any rules or violates some copyright that I'm not aware of or something. I'm not new to making music, just kind of blurry on the details of being accepted as an audio artist here...so any help...constructive help of course, is greatly appreciated :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 07:40:27

At 3/29/10 07:28 AM, BloodySumo wrote: I have a song, I'm trying to submit it here, but they won't let me. I've been waiting about a month now. 3 weeks, give or take a day. Here's a link to my site, where the song is hosted;

http://bloodysumo.freehostia.com

The name of the song is "You got your trance in my house" and I was wondering if some of you might listen to it, and tell me if it breaks any rules or violates some copyright that I'm not aware of or something. I'm not new to making music, just kind of blurry on the details of being accepted as an audio artist here...so any help...constructive help of course, is greatly appreciated :)

Well, there is a huge waiting list for new artists awaiting approval. If you go through this forum a bit, you'll notice many threads have been made by people who have been waiting for a long time. As far as I know, there isn't really a direct solution in sight for the long waiting times, so you'll just have to be patient, the moderators will get to your submission eventually.

I had a quick listen to it, and it doesn't seen to be breaking any of NG's rules to me. Either way, more information on the approval process can be found here, even the though the waiting times stated in there are a bit outdated.

If you want a better idea of Newgrounds' audio submission rules, I wrote this article attempting to explain them in more detail.

Audio moderators

It seems like we're slowly losing more and more of them.
Karco got demodded quite a while ago, NAP demodded himself, and now SBB requested to be demodded too. I wonder if our audio mods are going to get an upgrade for their tools anytime soon. After all they're pretty crucial to the site.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 07:42:48

Could I volunteer to be an audio monitor? Sounds like some more help is needed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 07:51:19

At 3/29/10 07:42 AM, BloodySumo wrote: Could I volunteer to be an audio monitor? Sounds like some more help is needed.

It doesn't quite work like that though. Existing moderators nominate users, and then they sort of vote who should be a moderator, then wade decides whether or not to make said user a moderator.

Then again, from what I've heard, NG doesn't need more moderators, but much rather better moderation tools.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 08:00:04

I see I see, well thanks for listening to my song and helping me out Mich, by far you've been the most friendly and helpful person I've met here so far. What did you think of my song anyway? heheh

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 08:39:18

Mod Wars

Don't start them, please.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:02:09

monitors

At 3/29/10 07:42 AM, BloodySumo wrote: Could I volunteer to be an audio monitor?

I'm thinking of getting myself a second pair of monitors, but since you're just one, I could use you for mono-compability check. You're warmly welcome to hang inbetween my current pair of KRK Rokit 6. I hope you sound somewhat decent in the bass, i won't be connecting you to my sub. Also, bring a power-chord that fits your, uh, connection hole. <_< >_>

Thank you in advance, let me know if you have a hard time finding my apartment! <3

The Audio Forum Lounge

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:03:06

At 3/29/10 01:20 PM, Chronamut wrote: Personally I don't liek the thought of some potential rogue mod with the power to delete and user's songs he deems "unfit" - just leads to elitism potential in my mind..

You realize how absolutely ridiculous it is to hear you say that, after having listened to some of your rants?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:03:08

Mods war

At 3/29/10 08:39 AM, MrSaint wrote: Mod Wars

Don't start them, please.

May the MODS WAR BEGIN RGHAAAAA!!

But meh im going for a even higher title of NG musician. Musician of the year!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:08:18

cyclic nature of the boring life of user

its almost the weekend, time to indulge in psychoactive drinks

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:09:59

At 3/29/10 01:20 PM, Chronamut wrote: Personally I don't liek the thought of some potential rogue mod with the power to delete and user's songs he deems "unfit" - just leads to elitism potential in my mind..

lol, look who's talkin' about elitism...

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:10:45

At 3/29/10 02:02 PM, Rucklo wrote: monitors

Are you hanging your current monitors with spansets? Cause that would be awesome.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:17:58

At 3/29/10 02:10 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 3/29/10 02:02 PM, Rucklo wrote: monitors
Are you hanging your current monitors with spansets? Cause that would be awesome.

not exactly sure if a "spanset" have to be with some kind of chain on the inside? never heard the word before, elxicon came up with nothing so all i have are images to go on...
anyway, first i got some thick rubber-bands, four on each monitor, and then jts just normal tiedown-rope-thingies, whatever they're called... the rubber bands help dampening vibrations from the speakers alot. good stuff.
the wooden-frames i've just cut myself, they have ironpoles to keep the monitor locked, and then the rubberbands hang in them. as soon as i got the monitors "airborne", the whole soundimage lifted to another level.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:22:59

At 3/29/10 02:17 PM, Rucklo wrote: anyway, first i got some thick rubber-bands, four on each monitor, and then jts just normal tiedown-rope-thingies, whatever they're called... the rubber bands help dampening vibrations from the speakers alot. good stuff.

Sounds pretty sweet.

A span set is basically a ridiculously strong loop of nylon/whatever, used in rigging and hoisting applications. They crazy strong yo

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:26:42

At 3/29/10 02:22 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 3/29/10 02:17 PM, Rucklo wrote: anyway, first i got some thick rubber-bands, four on each monitor, and then jts just normal tiedown-rope-thingies, whatever they're called... the rubber bands help dampening vibrations from the speakers alot. good stuff.
Sounds pretty sweet.

it is, i strongly recommend getting your speakers airborne.

A span set is basically a ridiculously strong loop of nylon/whatever, used in rigging and hoisting applications. They crazy strong yo

ah, ok. well that'd be overkill, they're not exactly heavy like an 18incher' :)

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 14:34:32

At 3/29/10 02:26 PM, Rucklo wrote: it is, i strongly recommend getting your speakers airborne.

It makes sense. I mean, speakers are in the air in any proper venue, there's gotta be a reason for that.

ah, ok. well that'd be overkill, they're not exactly heavy like an 18incher' :)

Most definitely, I just couldn't quite tell from your picture.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 18:37:08

Name change

Yeah, this is my new name. Get used to it :p

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 18:58:55

Name change

At 3/29/10 06:37 PM, Mussirus wrote: Yeah, this is my new name. Get used to it :p

obviously sounds russian. DA!

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 19:13:53

I want to start making some song to upload here but i don't know what software to download. It has to be easy to use, free and be compatible with Windows Vista.
Does anybody know what I should download?

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 19:22:27

At 3/29/10 07:13 PM, Decky1991 wrote: I want to start making some song to upload here but i don't know what software to download. It has to be easy to use, free and be compatible with Windows Vista.
Does anybody know what I should download?

fl studio

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 19:26:38

iPhone

It's finally happened...I'm now an iDouche. But it does mean I can lock topics on the bus now lolololololol!!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 19:27:26

At 3/29/10 07:26 PM, jarrydn wrote: iPhone

It's finally happened...I'm now an iDouche. But it does mean I can lock topics on the bus now lolololololol!!!

lololololol indeed

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 19:30:41

At 3/29/10 06:37 PM, Mussirus wrote: Name change

Not bad. I agree it sounds a bit Russian. Can we know what the inspiration was?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 20:08:24

At 3/29/10 07:26 PM, jarrydn wrote: iPhone

Lucky you. Now go and download the music creation apps for it. GO. :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 20:13:53

iphone

I think I'm a bigger fan of my android device.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-29 21:28:46

At 3/29/10 06:37 PM, Mussirus wrote: Yeah, this is my new name. Get used to it :p

Love it! Now your name doesn't read like a license plate :F

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-30 02:21:12

At 3/29/10 11:27 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 3/29/10 06:37 PM, Mussirus wrote: Name change

What made you pick that? Or perhaps a better question, what made you pick MH16 in the first place?

these are the questions ppl need to know....

you'll always be MH16 to me :(

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-30 02:43:09

lol i havent posted anything elitist-worhy in like 2 years - can't coast on that road forever ;)

...so get postin dammit

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-30 02:45:09

At 3/30/10 02:43 AM, SessileNomad wrote:
lol i havent posted anything elitist-worhy in like 2 years - can't coast on that road forever ;)
...so get postin dammit

pfft. don't encourage that kind of behavior

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-30 02:46:50

At 3/30/10 02:45 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 3/30/10 02:43 AM, SessileNomad wrote:
...so get postin dammit
pfft. don't encourage that kind of behavior

yes masa