00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

privateC2004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,789,859 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 10:06:39

At 1/13/10 09:52 AM, ChampionAnwar wrote: Snow
Okay, now it's beyond a joke, it's stopping me from getting places and is clogging up the freakin' roads when it ices up. . I officially hate the stuff.

Come and visit Siberia, comrade! You won't even be able to move!

Though it's beautiful there

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 10:16:30

The 24 hours challenge
Started it 20 hours ago, so if you want to join now, you'll have to make a song in 4 hours. BUT this is not advertising the thread, I have a question. Do you guys think that the challenge itself was a good idea? I don't know. People who joined seemed to have fun, I sure did (I posted something I made in 20 hours, it's fun knowing you have a deadline so you don't have to put on so much effort into it as you might putting into a real song that you're making), but... I feel a bit shallow. Also, response was kind of weak (I think about 7 people are taking part)... So maybe that's an indicator?

I don't know. What do you think?

Almost forgot the link. Silly me.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 10:19:47

At 1/13/10 10:16 AM, thecoreman wrote: The 24 hours challenge
Also, response was kind of weak (I think about 7 people are taking part)... So maybe that's an indicator?

Like i said in your thread, there wasn't any warning. You just posted a thread and said GOGOOGOG so people didn't have any chance to plan some time to make a song.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 10:24:14

At 1/13/10 10:19 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 1/13/10 10:16 AM, thecoreman wrote: The 24 hours challenge
Also, response was kind of weak (I think about 7 people are taking part)... So maybe that's an indicator?
Like i said in your thread, there wasn't any warning. You just posted a thread and said GOGOOGOG so people didn't have any chance to plan some time to make a song.

Well, I responded over there, but I'd like to say it here as well (so everybody can see and maybe join next time) - This went much better then I predicted, so I'll probably have another challenge when I clear the time for it. When I will do the next one, I'll revise all the problems it had (such as what you said), and also will recruit a team of 3 judges, and have a bit more frame and rules. So thanks for the tip (again lol), and I hope that next time, you will join as well.

BTW - do you think that having a 3 day long signing-in period, and THEN starting the challenge will be a good idea?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 10:25:34

At 1/13/10 10:16 AM, thecoreman wrote: I don't know. What do you think?

Personally I think the contest was and wasn't a good idea.
It was because it can showcase how quickly and well a person can make a song. On the flip side, it can also showcase how shitty a person can make a song.
Having people make a song in 24 hours rushes them and therefore they do not produce quality stuff...if that's what you were going for then great.
Other than that I didn't like the idea.

I'm not trying to bash your contest or bash your idea for any reason. Just telling you how I feel about the whole thing..

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 10:27:42

At 1/13/10 09:45 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote:

posting in the wrong thread? whilst multiple windows, what is the way i am supposed to mean? someone who doesn't subscribe to hyperreality like the rest of you?

from creating an efficient computer experence to art, im better chump

TRUMP 2020 | Ol'TOOL 2021

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 11:11:24

At 1/13/10 10:32 AM, Chronamut wrote:
you can read all the epicness here and here.

The first one was weird as hell....
I read some of the second one and realized it was like 10 hours of fucking chat...cut it down to the parts we should read lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 11:52:25

At 1/13/10 10:25 AM, TMM43 wrote: Personally I think the contest was and wasn't a good idea.
It was because it can showcase how quickly and well a person can make a song. On the flip side, it can also showcase how shitty a person can make a song.
Having people make a song in 24 hours rushes them and therefore they do not produce quality stuff...if that's what you were going for then great.
Other than that I didn't like the idea.

I'm not trying to bash your contest or bash your idea for any reason. Just telling you how I feel about the whole thing..

I'm not taking it as an offense mate, I asked for opinion and you gave it to me. Thank you for that. Being angry about it would be like being angry about a constructive review with a bad score.

I guess I can see what you're getting at, but practically everyone in the contest have the 24 hour limitation on them, so everyone has a fair starting point. And the point is more like a contest for shitz and giggles, not to make songs that will get to Top of the Pops.

Also, I discovered that if you have zero time and you have to make a song, you won't make anything amazing, but you can get some really good ideas, like riffs, chord progressions, licks, ect. and this has happend to me already. It's a funny story, actually. I had to make a bland elevator-music-ish song for this tourism company, paid work, and I had 3 hours to make it. I wrote the second best song of my band out of the chord progression.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-13 11:54:09

Can't you report this guy for admitting he's a pedo?
The popo can at least put him in that neighborhood database that lets you know where pedos and other sex offenders live.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 00:54:18

OMGWTF - Eggdrops

Sooooo. I got myself a shell account today, with he intent to install a bot on it. It took me a while to firstly log onto my account as I'm really new to it. And then to install the eggdrop (which is a very popular IRC bot).. took me some hours to get it in the channel, and then I spent another few hours trying to get it to log in to its account on the IRC network automatically.

It's nearly 7am here and I haven't slept yet. Man my sleeping pattern is messed up. But at least I got that thing set up. Now I don't need to keep my pc on to log what happen on IRC. :p

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 05:18:36

At 1/13/10 11:38 AM, Chronamut wrote: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...fucked up.

What a sick world we live in. .

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 07:04:09

At 1/14/10 12:54 AM, Mich wrote: Now I don't need to keep my pc on to log what happen on IRC. :p

ALL that time just so you can log IRC chats?!
geez man, you've got a shitload of determination...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 07:05:02

Preditors
Woow this is really freaky.. What disturbs me more about this guy is that he really believes its okay to have sex with a minor.

That on itselfs is proof enough for me.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 08:50:05

At 1/14/10 12:54 AM, Mich wrote: i'm a noobitynoob

You forgot to mention when i totally kicked your ass at not bein a noob.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 08:52:01

At 1/14/10 07:04 AM, ThemonkeyonNG wrote:
At 1/14/10 12:54 AM, Mich wrote: Now I don't need to keep my pc on to log what happen on IRC. :p
ALL that time just so you can log IRC chats?!
geez man, you've got a shitload of determination...

Logging is just one part of it, I'm planning to install/write some custom scripts for additional functions too.

At 1/14/10 07:45 AM, Chronamut wrote: and mich I rmember trying to get that eggdrop thing to install before.. don't think it works with vista 64 bit tho..

Yeah, that's why I got a shell account at a hosting company (for $3 a month lol). You just control it through a command line and an FTP client.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 15:07:18

At 1/13/10 10:27 AM, NOTunowned wrote:
At 1/13/10 09:45 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
posting in the wrong thread? whilst multiple windows, what is the way i am supposed to mean? someone who doesn't subscribe to hyperreality like the rest of you?

from creating an efficient computer experence to art, im better chump

tell me when you catch that dragon brah

lolololololol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 15:14:41

At 1/14/10 03:07 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: tell me when you catch that dragon brah

Dude... you never catch the dragon.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 15:15:59

At 1/14/10 03:14 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 1/14/10 03:07 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: tell me when you catch that dragon brah
Dude... you never catch the dragon.

it's like... you just keep chasing it, but you can't catch the dragon.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-14 21:41:58

Whiskey
If you're looking for a cheapish drunk, try out 'Rich and Rare"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 03:15:52

At 1/14/10 09:41 PM, loansindi wrote: Whiskey
If you're looking for a cheapish drunk, try out 'Rich and Rare"

Hmm, I usually don't go with cheap whiskeys. I prefer a nice bottle of black label, has that nice taste to it.

when it comes down to vodka though, I usually end up with one of the biggest and cheapest bottles available. :f

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 05:36:04

At 1/14/10 03:35 PM, Chronamut wrote:

TROGDORRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

once.. there was a man...er.. maybe it just was a dragon man.. er.. maybe it was just a dragon... but he was still TROGGDORRRRRRR

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 11:17:29

I made names for the audio portal guys

__________________________-

Predatormaut

seaphiler

Anwar The rapist

Mich the Humpist

sorohanjob

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 11:39:25

Seaphiler? what?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 11:46:33

At 1/15/10 11:17 AM, Box-Killa wrote: I made names for the audio portal guys
sorohanjob

LOL
If used copyright goes 50% to you and 50% to me.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 11:51:54

At 1/15/10 11:17 AM, Box-Killa wrote: sorohanjob

hahah this ones hilarious!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 11:59:59

At 1/15/10 11:17 AM, Box-Killa wrote: Anwar The rapist

Die in a fire :D

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 12:47:22

Refused gig for Pride.

Yeah there was this guy who was planning on making a flash game and had most things set up. So i offered my services ofcourse and he responded back, and told me to do so and so.

It wasnt really clear what he wanted so he send a few youtube links so i tried to mimic those songs.
He wanted a computer theme song that is calming or exciting to the player.

After alot of PM's i made this song for him Hacker Theme (It needs to be masterd and mixed a bit better it is after all a Demo)

But he wanted this kind of song!

So i quited! Its not bad but still i dont like being known to make such songs.
So i decided to make my own flash video clips. While on the subject i made a flash cartoon still in development but you can watch it on Youtube!

FLOWER-BRUSH

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 18:13:50

lol at Sum 41

In any event, it's good to be at that stage where you can refuse to make songs in a certain style if you so choose... but once you're in the business world, you gotta do what you gotta do to make money, even if it's making crap songs.

It'd be nice if we could be like the film composer Toru Takemitsu, who actually was able to change the movies he was working with in order to fit in with HIS compositions.
That's some chutzpah right there.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 18:16:54

It'd be nice if we could be like the film composer Toru Takemitsu, who actually was able to change the movies he was working with in order to fit in with HIS compositions.
That's some chutzpah right there.

chutzpah = WIN?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-01-15 18:18:48

Takemitsu = win, too, but yeah, that's about right.

Chutzpah is what Duke Nukem puts in his toothpaste.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature