00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Stooopz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,798,308 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-24 22:25:02

Submitting SongSmith stuff

It's kind of obvious that you shouldn't, as the backing aren't your own and original work, don't you guys think?

I will gladly report any submission with SongSmith I can find :p

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-24 22:33:54

At 9/24/09 09:52 PM, Liralei wrote:
should I actually upload them to NG?

Probably not a good idea

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-24 22:36:47

but guuuuuys, I TOTALLY EDITED IT. I moved the little slider bar thingy around until it sounded cool! :DDDDD

right, eff that. Here's the clip I did. The melody & lyrics are original compositions of mine left over from another project. Please don't use THOSE without my permission. Although if you really want to remix such shitty backing instrumentals, then...you have my pity.

The Songsmith Experiments: "turn & run" take 1

-None of the automatically generated chords were changed.
-The genre I picked was "piano ballad" at 135 bpm.
-I changed the "happy" and "jazzy" (wtf?) presets from their original settings to slightly less "happy" (i.e. more minor key chords) and slightly less "jazzy" (i.e. simpler accompaniment)
-I did nothing but sing into the mic.

SUMMARY:
Pros:
-Songsmith is impressive enough for its automatic rendering of chords.
Cons:
-The genres are all inflexible renderings and sound very, very basic. You should've heard how it sounded when I picked "dance." "Techno" was even worse. My ears bled.
-Everything else.

Conclusion: meant for bored housewives, karaoke stars, and lazy bastards who can sing on pitch but otherwise have no musical talent. 1000x worse than a song only using 3 or 4 unchanged FL presets.

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.

{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}

Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-24 22:40:16

It's been out for a while though, so it's not like we've seen a flood of shit from it on the AP. I haven't, but then again, I rarely go outside the Classical section for pure listening enjoyment, except when I review songs on the Audio Advertisement thread.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-24 22:40:55

At 9/24/09 10:36 PM, Liralei wrote: Cons:
-The genres are all inflexible renderings and sound very, very basic. You should've heard how it sounded when I picked "dance." "Techno" was even worse. My ears bled.
-Everything else.

Oh god please upload the dance and techno versions.

This is fantastic.

I'm going to sell off everything I own and start using this instead.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-24 22:55:57

At 9/24/09 10:40 PM, jarrydn wrote: Oh god please upload the dance and techno versions.

This is fantastic.

I'm going to sell off everything I own and start using this instead.

that last line nearly made me spit my water out. Ow, my nose.

sorry, I already uninstalled Songsmith & I didn't save my file. Valuable harddrive space right thar. D: but suffice it to say that it sounded fantastically shitty. Youtube prolly has some clips.

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.

{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}

Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 00:23:33

At 9/23/09 11:24 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote:
At 9/23/09 10:26 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
idiocy
very good, I'm very glad you have opinions!

you want idiocy?

You have begun to paint a picture for me of your self.

FATTY
FEEE FIII FO FUM FATTYIIIEEEE

FATTY BOOM BATTY
THE EMPEROR IS A FUCKIN FATTY!!!

dont call me an idiot .. it makes you look smug

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 01:00:38

Sorry to be smug, but i never liked statements of "I HATE 'X'! I WISH THEY'D DIE!" It just sounds dumb. I live in a big city and have to deal with big city traffic, but the grounds of "THEY BLOCK FIRE EXITS!" is really puerile if you ask me.

No, i'm not fat (though I don't wish to have an e-cock measuring contest), but c'mon. Unless you are a master of sarcastic satire, that was a pretty childish thing to say.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 01:11:21

Some people are genetically predisposed to being larger. Otherwise known as "endomorphs", they have a much harder time losing weight. I know people who eat incredibly healthily and are very active, but are still quite large.

I think that sizeism is pretty unfair. Even if the person in question's weight is self-inflicted. Everyone has their vices. Be thankful that they aren't alcoholics behind the wheel.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 01:49:13

Sounds like we've got a whale of a new program on our hands.

...nobody?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 07:07:37

"Fatties" and hating

How about we drop the subject before we've got another flame-war going?
You can not force opinions on people. If enthusiastically stating your opinion causes people to get hurt / causes people to start flaming each other, it is better to just leave the topic altogether, don't you think?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 08:38:41

At 9/25/09 07:07 AM, MICHhimself wrote: "Fatties" and hating

I hate MICHhimselfs. Those kind of people are not people I like. I wish they would build a ship and leave this planet.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 09:41:13

At 9/23/09 10:26 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: godamn i hate fat people. i wish i had a huge syringe and could just jab them and suck out all the fat and use it to fuel generators in third world countries.

seriously. other countries need to have an indistrial revolution. i say ship them the fat fuxcks and perform liposuction. use the fat as fuel... and world peace will come.. trust me

Why help other countries? That makes no sense at all. KEEP the fat at its origin. Third world countries can fuck off for not developing properly over the past 300 years.

At 9/23/09 10:19 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote:
Saying that you hate something or some trait is kinda childish.
At 9/24/09 04:00 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: I hate iPod headphones in general

A contradiction may occur when you don't fully think through what you say and then immediately say something that goes against it.

But I'll stop now before some of the other saps try to cry what they think is an attempted flame war.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 09:45:34

Haters gunna hate

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 09:58:25

At 9/25/09 09:41 AM, Erkie wrote:
At 9/23/09 10:19 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote:
Saying that you hate something or some trait is kinda childish.
At 9/24/09 04:00 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: I hate iPod headphones in general
A contradiction may occur when you don't fully think through what you say and then immediately say something that goes against it.

And if we take quotes out of context we can make it look like someone said anything!

His first statement is in response to someone talking about genuinely hating people for one of their traits. The second is talking about a distaste for a piece of cheap consumer electronics.

SAME SCALE

Anyway. Most of you have seen me in here talking about the metal work I've been doing, I thought I'd show you the result of all the work we've been doing at school.

Here's a large panoramic that's a little wonky but gets the point across. That's a 12 foot span center. Proscenium height is 16 feet, for a sense of scale.

Oh, the pro's not in that pic. I think the span is at a height of 9 feet or something like that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 10:00:23

I just bought The Departed, District 9, and Oceans 11 for 5 and half bucks in a store in Nepal!
So fucking awesome. And they're each still wrapped and in official DVD cases and stuff. I don't even know how they have district 9 already, but I'm sure as hell not complaining :D

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 10:02:12

At 9/25/09 10:00 AM, Gloudas wrote: So fucking awesome. And they're each still wrapped and in official DVD cases and stuff. I don't even know how they have district 9 already, but I'm sure as hell not complaining :D

Laser printer and shrinkwrap machine can probably go pretty far in this endeavor.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 10:44:26

damn some of you are too damn serious in nature.. lighten up, its just the internet.
If you want intelligent conversation its called real life friends

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 10:49:27

At 9/25/09 10:44 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: damn some of you are too damn serious in nature.. lighten up, its just the internet.

I just see it the other way to be quite honest with you. I don't really recall anyone irl here that I can have a discussion with about serious topics without getting it awkward.

Sure we can have fun, I'm all for that, but do we have to be little kids and flame each other? I thought that that was what general is for.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 12:30:25

At 9/25/09 10:44 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: damn some of you are too damn serious in nature.. lighten up, its just the internet.

Aw, why do I have to be prohibited from certain subject matters jus' cause we're not face to face?

Personally, I've never really bought into 'the intranets shouldn't be srs, lulz' bit. Though I like to be silly too.

In the same vein, I can say "If you want unintelligent discussion, it's called real life friends" So really, your logic places you nowhere in that regard. Read up on dialectical arguing... it's much more effective for discussion than demonstrative arguing, which is pretty much what you (not to single you out) and 98% of people everywhere engage in.

What can I say, I'm a fan of Socrates.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 13:10:30

damn your a drag

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 13:27:09

Hate

Too. much. hate.
I can't take it anymore D:

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 16:21:13

At 9/25/09 01:10 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: damn your a drag

Because I think things through?

(

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 16:40:02

Symbolcymbal / EmperorCharlemagne

I'm pretty sure some of you have seen this thread. Rucklo was very right about unowned and me there, how I just took his 'bait'.

Well, even though this here is in a less childish way, I'm pretty sure it applies here too. You guys could keep flaming each other like you're doing, or you could grow up and find a new subject.

Staying up too late

Do any of you guys get that often? Like, you're focusing on one thing and just want to get it finished (something I was coding), and then you finish it and you notice it's 4.30am.
It's pretty annoying.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 17:24:48

Understood.

Usually, I just play video-games/go on the internet/check NG for the vain hope someone reviewed a song of mine, so I usually go to bed around 1-2ish in the morning.

Sometimes 3 in the morning, during my Sin and Punishment marathon, which only ended up in punishment for myself. Good Lord, that game pisses me off a lot. Yet I still keep on playing.

But yeah, Video Games and FL Studio are good time-eaters during the late of night.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 20:30:18

At 9/25/09 05:24 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Video Games and FL Studio are good time-eaters during the late of night.

Agreed.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 20:38:34

At 9/25/09 08:30 PM, Stupor wrote:
At 9/25/09 05:24 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Video Games and FL Studio are good time-eaters during the late of night.
Agreed.

Lame +1 post.

Those are for the general forum man. We don't want too much spamage here ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 20:46:58

PARTY

Anything but pants party tomorrow night. I need ideas for what to wear.

If you don't know what an abpp is, don't respond.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 20:47:51

At 9/25/09 08:41 PM, Bjra wrote:
At 9/25/09 08:38 PM, Sealander wrote:
Those are for the general forum man. We don't want too much spamage here ;)
Also lame +1 post

it wasnt bolded. RULE BREAKER!!!11!1

I quoted it so it didn't really need a topic. =)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-09-25 20:54:49

"Agreed"

Oh, bite me... Don't automatically think I'm a little spammer brat just because my post was too short. I was agreeing with a fellow gamer.

Also, didn't it begin with a quote as well?

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.