00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,638 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-07 11:05:35

Hello, I have a really dumb question. An audio interface...can feed the output from your DAW through itself so things don't run so laggy? Is that like...one of the purposes of having one? I don't know what I'm doing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-07 23:27:26

lmao dees names doe

The Audio Forum Lounge

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-09 12:26:40

Feaster is my new holiaday, where the Metal Bunny hides the skulls of orphans for you to find and consume

Valencrimes day is also coming up, where Kid Icarus shoots fire arrows into the hearts of those you love, for fun. he is never arrested, the investigation is ongoing

my favorite though is Fryday. it's to celebrate Fry. it's held on Tuesday.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-09 16:01:45

At 1/31/16 12:49 PM, Oakwood wrote: Guys I'm gonna get totally wasted in a few hours because of my bday, don't be scared by any sudden selfies or garbage posts that pop up. God have mercy on my soul.

Happy birthday!! Ihad cake this morning for breakfast and then for lunch and then for dinner. no I lie it not dinner yet but I eat some now for YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-13 18:27:51

today was a good day http://i.imgur.com/x72W9pD.png

The Audio Forum Lounge

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-13 22:02:51

Found a pic that perfectly describes my music production xD

The Audio Forum Lounge

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-13 23:19:29

At 2/13/16 10:02 PM, Deshiel wrote: Found a pic that perfectly describes my music production xD

I feel your feels. I never want to finish anything if I stop, either.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-14 01:13:20

At 2/13/16 11:19 PM, EDM364 wrote:
At 2/13/16 10:02 PM, Deshiel wrote: Found a pic that perfectly describes my music production xD
I feel your feels. I never want to finish anything if I stop, either.

Well I have a bad case of releasing undone stuff. :D

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-14 03:46:58

At 2/14/16 01:13 AM, Deshiel wrote: Well I have a bad case of releasing undone stuff. :D

I've got a case of it too. I still need to do a full version of that track with @Troisnyx's vocals

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-16 12:15:11

You can't beat this lifesize FL Studio session I had last Sunday.

The Audio Forum Lounge

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-16 20:56:00

At 2/16/16 12:15 PM, Oakwood wrote: You can't beat this lifesize FL Studio session I had last Sunday.

Well, I had this lifesize REAPER session, but it might not have gone as well...

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-16 23:18:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtlK8YngVtw

That is too funny. Not to mention a beautiful saz.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-17 03:02:37

Bernacle Sanders 4 president.

The Audio Forum Lounge

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-17 10:21:20

feels

The Audio Forum Lounge

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-18 06:35:41

It seems like the " This audio was removed by the author. It may return later." audio is visible on the audio page of every user.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-18 23:44:06

At 2/18/16 07:11 PM, Tacticat wrote: Do ye all feel like sometime the circlejerking in this forum has gone too far?

Only when I lurk which has gotten rare these days. I can't remember the last time I logged in but it's nice to see some new faces jerkin it with the golden oldies.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-18 23:45:40

At 2/18/16 11:44 PM, Quarl wrote: jerkin it

Or maybe I just never noticed you guys before because I'm a terrible person and a sad excuse for a piece of meat.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-19 09:45:37

At 2/18/16 07:11 PM, Tacticat wrote: Do ye all feel like sometime the circlejerking in this forum has gone too far?

It's always been too far

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-19 10:52:53

At 2/19/16 09:45 AM, SineRider wrote:
It's always been too far

Yet it's never enough.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-19 15:59:54 (edited 2016-02-19 16:02:59)

I've always bought Alvarez strings for my sazs, but I'm going to do something different now and buy from a brand I've never seen before called Çöğür for my kisa sap bağlama.

Just because they're cheaper >.>

Interesting to note as well that it seems companies are giving away tezene (saz plectrums) with the purchase of a set of strings now.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-22 04:58:01

Twiddling with synth-y stuff

I've started building my very own analog, modular synthesizer, and I'm rather excited about it. Several months ago I started by constructing a (pretty shoddily built) enclosure (top right) and a power supply board for it. A few weeks ago I finished that bit up with acrylic paneling filled with banana plug sockets.

Then I get myself a book called "Make: Analog synthesizers" which got me even more excited about starting to build actual modules.

In the picture I've experimenting with a breadboard to interpret MIDI data sent from my MIDI keyboard (or from computer). The arduino board (easy to use microcontroller board, bottom left on the breadboard) reads the incoming data an interprets it. I've got an LED that is on as long as at least one note is being played, and another one that briefly blinks whenever a new note is pressed (regardless of another one already playing). This signals are called with "Gate" and "Trigger" and will get linked up to other future modules.

The plan is to experiment on the breadboard until I come up with a good circuit design, then design a PCB for it, fabricate, have face plates made (via a company that does laser cutting), then mount it up in the enclosure. Rinse and repeat for other modules.

I thought this would just be a nice big side project, but synth DIY is shaping up to be a hobby in its own right.

SO EXCITE

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 13:54:48

At 2/18/16 11:44 PM, Quarl wrote:
Only when I lurk which has gotten rare these days. I can't remember the last time I logged in but it's nice to see some new faces jerkin it with the golden oldies.

heh... it's like some bad habit from my ever-so-slightly younger youth, that I just can't seem to give up.

Youth... shit, who am I kidding, I was already old when I was active - and as far as I can tell, I'm no younger now. I think...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 13:58:37

At 2/23/16 01:54 PM, LJCoffee wrote: Youth... shit, who am I kidding, I was already old when I was active - and as far as I can tell, I'm no younger now. I think...

Well, I suppose, I'm old enough to remember your username from some corner of my brain I can't quite figure out. Turning 21 in a few weeks. :P I've been lurking on NG on and off since primary school.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 14:22:22

At 2/23/16 01:58 PM, EDM364 wrote: ...Turning 21 in a few weeks...

You could have graduated in the same class as my kids.

I make my snarky little comments but as far as age and old and young and youth go, I never really paid much attention to that on here. I've always tried to treat others as just musicians and artists. I like these pseudo-anon forums in that they sometimes help people avoid certain social barriers. It's sometimes easier when you can avoid potential biases based on personal attributes (age,sex,race,etc...) Then you get to share ideas with other musicians - not old or young musicians - not male or female, black or white or anything else musicians...

just musicians.

knowhatImean?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 14:59:41

At 2/23/16 01:54 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
Youth... shit, who am I kidding, I was already old when I was active - and as far as I can tell, I'm no younger now. I think...

Lol, I remember being in highschool the first time I heard an LJCoffee song. I was thinking about doing legendary frog-esque flash cartoons with my best friend back then when I finally decided to make an account. Oh sands of time have you ravaged me so.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 15:04:22

This has been an excellent circle jerking everyone. Please remember to turn to your left and say thank you to the person that just jerked you off. It's kind of like reciprocating the love on a track someone commented on. Always remember to look that person in the eye and say thank you.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 15:20:29

At 2/23/16 03:04 PM, Quarl wrote: This has been an excellent circle jerking everyone. Please remember to turn to your left and say thank you to the person that just jerked you off. It's kind of like reciprocating the love on a track someone commented on. Always remember to look that person in the eye and say thank you.

http://wundergroundmusic.com/edm-was-great-for-keeping-twats-away-from-real-dance-music/

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 17:55:53

At 2/23/16 02:22 PM, LJCoffee wrote: You could have graduated in the same class as my kids.

Probably so. That puts you at about the age of my brother and sister, I'm guessing. They're 40-ish

not old or young musicians - not male or female, black or white or anything else musicians...

just musicians.

knowhatImean?

Yeah, that's the unique thing about the internet. Granted, the it's made me assume everyone male until proven otherwise. :P It's always good to see the older users returning. Means NG isn't something people tend to grow out of.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 19:56:57 (edited 2016-02-23 19:57:29)

What if instead of guns and bombs war was fought with dubstep

instead of dropping bombs you drop the bass

you instantly explode when exposed to bass

russia and the usa have the largest stockpile of bass patches

north korea keeps sending bass threats until someone shows them how to pirate vsts

over in the middle east they constantly fight over digital bass and analog bass

Genisis 1:3

and god said, "let there be bass"

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-02-23 20:01:30

At 2/23/16 07:56 PM, Rennh wrote: Genisis 1:3
and god said, "let there be bass"

Wouldn't that basically be God destroying the Earth? Like a great flood, but the whole damn thing, just, poof? Exploded by bass?

BBS Signature