00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,455 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-06 20:03:26

At 5/6/15 06:39 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 5/6/15 04:57 PM, Braiton wrote: It's a violin :d
Do you know the difference between a violin and a viola?
The viola burns longer. (ba-dum tsss)

how do you stop your violin getting stolen?
put it in a viola case.

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-07 21:40:19

existential question
I was checking out a video of a metal band which is an old legendary (legendary in Romania) big name and somehow seen some ... old people making cheap-ish dated same thing they were doing when we were in high school.
Now the million dollar question is: Am I the same? Do people perceive me as I perceive them? an old guy making same cheap-ish dated music he always did?

If you get to a point where you'll be unable to evolve artistically and lose your discernment and your objectivity, what's the solution?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-08 00:04:46

So I played a mandolin today that's worth over 2000 dollars.

It was also the best mandolin I've ever played.

It's a Gibson from I think 1902 that a guy I know at church brought on down to worship practice.

Technically this was yesterday now.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-10 11:52:43

Help me

Remember that new PC I got? It's completely screwed over.
Bassically I get a BSOD as soon as I make it or get past the login screen when I boot from my SSD. Errors are mostly STOP errors, but sometimes also because of certain .sys files. When I try to boot from the Windows installation CD I also get a BSOD, which makes me think that this is a hardware problem. If nobody here knows what the problem is I'm gonna send this to a repair shop...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-10 12:21:30

At 5/10/15 12:04 PM, Lich wrote:
At 5/10/15 11:52 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Help me

Remember that new PC I got? It's completely screwed over.
Bassically I get a BSOD as soon as I make it or get past the login screen when I boot from my SSD. Errors are mostly STOP errors, but sometimes also because of certain .sys files. When I try to boot from the Windows installation CD I also get a BSOD, which makes me think that this is a hardware problem. If nobody here knows what the problem is I'm gonna send this to a repair shop...
Can you post the error code you are getting on your BSOD messages?
Have you tried loading into system recovery via bootdisk and running a full repair of the OS?

I have tried loading into system recovery but the BSOD keeps popping up.

The error codes I get differ. The one I have on screen now is:
*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000003,0x000000FF,0x00000000,0x82A1BD64)

I made two BSOD screenshots to show to someone else, those error codes were as follows:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005,0x8B3F2D04,0xB07A4C28,0x807A4800)

*** disk.sys - Address 8B3F2D04 base at 8B3ED000, DateStamp 4a5bbf20

And this one:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005,0x82c498DE,0x95562828,0x00000000)

I also got win32k.sys and fltmgr.sys errors.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-10 17:12:55

At 5/10/15 01:26 PM, Lich wrote: Hope any of the above helps you!

I just figured that I'm insanely stupid because I never installed the drivers that came with the PC, oops...

However, my friend ran Vista on this PC so all the drivers are for Vista, while I'm running Windows 7 and they don't seem to be compatible.
I still get BSODs in safe mode but not as fast as when I normally boot. I was able to download DriverDoc to check my PC and it says that my system is 'ancient' (obviously, since it can't detect any drivers). So right now the challenge is to get all the necessary Windows 7 drivers, which is pretty hard since my PC keeps crashing...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-10 19:00:26

At 5/10/15 05:24 PM, Lich wrote: 1) Load up Device Manager and right click on an 'Unknown Device' and select properties
2) Click on the 'Details' tab and in the drop down menu underneath property, select Hardware Ids.
3) You'll now have a couple of lines of text. VEN = Vendor, DEV = Device. Browse to http://pcidatabase.com and type in the four-digit code into either the Vendor box or Device box on the website (e.g. Vendor: 8086 for Intel OR Device: 153A for the Gigabit Ethernet driver as an example).
4) With the info you get from the website it should clue you in as to the direction you need to look in to identify and get those pesky unknown devices off of your list and get everything working optimally.

Thanks for helping me out, Lich! Unfortunately, there are no unknown devices... Fortunately, DriverDoc specifically tells me which drivers are outdated so I can still search for those devices and copy the info I need. Here's hoping this works...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-10 19:45:02

At 5/10/15 07:00 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Computer Problems

If you are running newer hardware, I recommend getting Windows 8.1 instead. Windows 7 is the OLD operating system, so it won't always work well with newer hardware introduced in 2015. Also, Windows 8.1 is much more streamlined for SSDs. You can manually optimize them, something you can't do in Windows 7 and earlier.

If you don't like the Metro Menu Screen that Windows 8.1 uses, simply use "Classic Shell" and voila you get your old Windows 7 & earlier style Start Menu plus customizable options.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-11 13:45:01

Computer problems

I may have fixed the problem...
I remembered that I also got a disk with the SSD I bought that contained some software, but my friend said there was no need to use that (yet). I decided to insert it and boot. Got some BSODs that appeared way before the login screen. One of them said 'PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA'. Decided to Google what that meant and apparently it's a RAM problem. I prompted a disk check in safe mode but no errors got returned, so I opened up my PC, looked at the RAM, took one randomly chosen unit out, placed it back in and booted. My PC started normally and I was able to log in. I immediatly decided to install the software on the CD, and during the installation, Windows suddenly started downloading updates, something it hadn't done before. Since there was still no BSOD, I decided to install them after finishing the SSD software wizard. I rebooted, and everything is still fine. I'm actually typing from the PC right now!

tl;dr: my best guess is that this has been a combination of two problems: a fault in the RAM, and Windows not being able to boot correctly due to missing SSD software. Gonna install the latest Windows updates and reboot now, bear with me...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-12 11:04:08 (edited 2015-05-12 11:04:40)

I think I need a bigger desk now lol

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-12 15:33:33

Can you edit a Kontakt library to exclude some of the Round Robins?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-12 20:40:57

At 5/12/15 11:04 AM, SineRider wrote: I think I need a bigger desk now lol

Or maybe just a glue gun... yep, glue gun might be cheaper.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-12 22:14:44

At 5/12/15 08:01 PM, Lich wrote:
At 5/12/15 03:33 PM, LunyAlex wrote: Can you edit a Kontakt library to exclude some of the Round Robins?
Yes (although this does depend on the Kontakt Library in question)

Try this and see if it works for you:
1) Go to the Group Editor.
2) "Delete Selected Groups" select the Round Robin groups you want to remove.
3) Edit the Group Start Options afterwards untill it works the way you want.

Omg!

Thank you x 100000000
Now I can finally fix this piano library that sounds super natural aside from some annoying inexplicably-higher-velocity RRs.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-12 22:52:15

At 5/9/15 01:16 PM, Braiton wrote: To anyone that plays violin. Do you know of any free sites/resources/videos to start learning?
Thanks.

Here's one for ya:
http://fiddlerman.com/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-12 23:10:04

At 5/12/15 11:49 AM, NekoMika wrote: - Working on two new pieces
- Living in a new state in the US
- More music in the future
- Cheers~

YO WHERE YOU AT DOG?

Boost Mobile

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-13 02:01:36

Happy 7th birtday to my Newgrounds account! :D

It's amazing how I've been around for so long and accomplished so little in here xD

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-14 00:10:52

Dis is silly story. I actualy bothered to learn how to make dubstep with LFO tools and then I find out that I have a dubstep preset in harmor that has LFO map-able joystick in there.

Actualy learning how to LFO manualy makes me a better person right? Say right pls

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-14 08:47:41

At 5/14/15 12:10 AM, Deshiel wrote: Dis is silly story. I actualy bothered to learn how to make dubstep with LFO tools and then I find out that I have a dubstep preset in harmor that has LFO map-able joystick in there.

Actualy learning how to LFO manualy makes me a better person right? Say right pls

I think it gives you knowledge for more fundamental things when you do it the basic and hard way than using something already set for you.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-14 13:05:37

At 5/14/15 12:10 AM, Deshiel wrote: Dis is silly story. I actualy bothered to learn how to make dubstep with LFO tools and then I find out that I have a dubstep preset in harmor that has LFO map-able joystick in there.

genuinely does man, you get much more tailored sounds when you do stuff yourself and now you'll be able to use LFOs in any vst. If you want super control i recommend midishaper :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-14 19:52:37

can i join the thread ?

What's up everybodyz

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-15 07:43:05

At 5/14/15 07:52 PM, UserSigon wrote: can i join the thread ?

What's up everybodyz

Heyo welcome here. I'm doing pretty fine right now and you?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-15 10:31:48

At 5/15/15 07:43 AM, AeronMusic wrote: Heyo welcome here. I'm doing pretty fine right now and you?

Yo, I'm all good :)
I'm a really old user from newgrounds, i had like 6-7 accounts or maybe more, because I always lost password and then created a new one saying "ok this one i'll upload only things i'll be happy about" lol

by the way
by the way..

what's your favourite game from newgrounds?

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-15 10:51:07 (edited 2015-05-15 10:51:38)

At 5/15/15 10:31 AM, UserSigon wrote:
At 5/15/15 07:43 AM, AeronMusic wrote: Heyo welcome here. I'm doing pretty fine right now and you?
Yo, I'm all good :)
I'm a really old user from newgrounds, i had like 6-7 accounts or maybe more, because I always lost password and then created a new one saying "ok this one i'll upload only things i'll be happy about" lol

by the way
by the way..

what's your favourite game from newgrounds?

Hm I never lose passwords that fast. (:
There are a lot of good games on NewGrounds. Like The deepest sleep, One of my favs.
There are much more I could show!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-15 14:31:46

At 5/15/15 10:51 AM, AeronMusic wrote: The deepest sleep, One of my favs.

Ah! I know that one, very cool and nice atmosphere

I remember some very cool games. One was that you were a giant rock (in a platform type game), you had the ability to "rest" so that time could pass. And you basically could see civilizations grow and plants etc. Another one was a jumper/platform and was really short but had such a beautiful story, wish I had the names lol :\

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-15 14:39:18 (edited 2015-05-15 14:39:40)

Everyone welcome @NekoMika (formerly SCTE3) back onto the Audio Moderation team!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-15 18:33:16

At 5/15/15 02:31 PM, UserSigon wrote: I remember some very cool games. One was that you were a giant rock (in a platform type game), you had the ability to "rest" so that time could pass. And you basically could see civilizations grow and plants etc. Another one was a jumper/platform and was really short but had such a beautiful story, wish I had the names lol :\

Hm can't really imagine what they are like. I probably have not played them. (:

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-16 07:11:33

At 5/15/15 02:39 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Everyone welcome @NekoMika (formerly SCTE3) back onto the Audio Moderation team!

Yaay the happy cat is back! ^__^

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-16 10:30:43

At 5/16/15 10:28 AM, dem0lecule wrote: God, why did the talented always leave NG?

Money

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-16 10:47:13

OMG New Lamb of God

0:23.
Soheavy.
2heavy.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-05-17 15:20:30

At 5/17/15 02:32 PM, Keitomine wrote: I remember this thread. Too bad I don't really have anything to contribute...

How about that FL Studio 12 though? I might be sticking with 11 until I upgrade my computer. 12 has one hell of an interface.

It's pretty neat. Everything is a little oversized now, though. You can clearly notice they aimed at users with bigger screens. Other than that, it looks great.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature