00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,204 Views | 34,320 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-24 03:38:51

Goddamnit, UK.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-24 04:00:44

Resisted making a whole new topic so please respect my effort and respond wholeheartedly to my question.

Why the hell do we use hand claping in music?

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-24 05:21:51

At 6/24/16 04:00 AM, Deshiel wrote: Resisted making a whole new topic so please respect my effort and respond wholeheartedly to my question.

Why the hell do we use hand claping in music?

Tribal and ancient reasons. It's one of the first sound, etc. You get the idea.

Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-24 06:05:08

At 6/24/16 03:38 AM, Mich wrote: Goddamnit, UK.

I know. Looks like you and I will be in the same boat soon.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-24 14:15:19

Oldspice just showed up about 90% of newgrounds in the music department.

https://soundcloud.com/realoldspiceweswear/sets/old-spice-youland/s-siOeM

they also made a videogame

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-24 21:28:57

I am actually Sequenced's alt female account.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-26 05:01:58

At 6/24/16 01:42 AM, Sequenced wrote: #FREESEQUENCED

Not until this becomes your new anthem !

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-26 14:34:23

when is the newgrounds death match happening

I want to slaughter all of you before I get banned again

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-26 19:11:37

At 6/26/16 09:54 AM, Anarkat wrote:
At 6/24/16 09:28 PM, Hikari wrote: I am actually Sequenced's alt female account.
you know, with all the troll accounts, i think sequenced ought to be the most efficient troll at it.

i still believe he's TBAP.

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time on 4chan, and I have to say he is up there with the greats. But then again Newgrounds does make it easy. x'D

I really feel like sequenced isn't tbap.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-28 08:37:46

i just got over watch

one of the characters emote has better dubstep than most of ng

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-28 10:05:54

At 6/26/16 02:34 PM, Sequenced wrote: when is the newgrounds death match happening

I want to slaughter all of you before I get banned again

Probably next week

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-28 12:08:41

At 6/28/16 11:57 AM, Lich wrote: Gosh, this Anal Log Magic Piano looks amazing!

LoL good find.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-29 20:45:05

collaberations = overated

now, excluding people who actually have weight to their name (no, not talking about you NG Audio portal famous people) I feel like collabs are shit.

2 or more people with likely wildly different skill levels collabing? what the hell?

If you need a singer or some studio session, then yeah go for it, but 2 EDM producers collabing just because? its going to be awful experience.

just sayin

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-29 22:44:30

At 6/29/16 08:17 PM, Lich wrote: I spy Bedroom Producers Blog posting about Versilian VSCO 2: Community Edition on facebook @samulis

2 kool 4 y'all. B)

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-30 08:24:44

At 6/29/16 10:44 PM, samulis wrote:
At 6/29/16 08:17 PM, Lich wrote: I spy Bedroom Producers Blog posting about Versilian VSCO 2: Community Edition on facebook @samulis
2 kool 4 y'all. B)

Well done! Them VST really deserve good plugs.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-30 20:53:37 (edited 2016-06-30 20:56:19)

At 6/30/16 06:55 PM, Seprix wrote:
Yes, what a terrible idea to build relationships and have two minds working on a musical track.

Thats the point

it actually IS.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/creative_differences

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-30 21:09:49

At 6/30/16 08:58 PM, Seprix wrote:
At 6/30/16 08:53 PM, Rennh wrote:
At 6/30/16 06:55 PM, Seprix wrote:
Yes, what a terrible idea to build relationships and have two minds working on a musical track.
Thats the point

it actually IS.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/creative_differences
Objection: That is not a problem with the idea of collaborating itself as much as the ineffectiveness of people when it comes to teamwork. If there was no such problem, collaborations would go fine. There is no problem with collaborations, only people's inability to be unselfish and reasonable.

Another objection: Some marriages end in divorce. Does that mean that people should never get married? Likewise, a chance of failure does not mean the risk should not be taken

1st part : no thats not aproblem with the idea with collaberating, its a problem the vast majority of producers.

2nd part: Has absolutely nothing to do with collaborating on music.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-30 22:13:43 (edited 2016-06-30 22:16:15)

At 6/30/16 09:16 PM, Seprix wrote:
Now the argument has boiled down to one question: Do music collaborations have a high chance of failure? You state that they do, and thus should not be done. I state that regardless of what the answer is, it is a good thing to collaborate with others. There are many great lessons that can be learned.

I was going to argue why your other points are wrong, but then:

"regardless of what the answer is, it is a good thing to collaborate with others"

It seems you dont fully even understand what we're talking about.

Yes, lets have a semi professional artist collab with someone who barely knows what compression is. Lets see the semi professional concede creatively when the noob says something else sounds better.

Your stance of "you should always collab always just because:" is completely arbitrary and has no real reason or logic behind it.

sidenote: while looking through your rather long list of audio submissions, I fail to see you having a collab with even 1 person. not going to click through all of them to read the description, but as of right now it apparently seems youre arguing that its good to collab while never have actually collabed. If you have collabbed and I just dont see it, then ignore this sidenote.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-30 22:36:20

It always makes me happy when I listen to a good collab.

Nothing like teamwork and developing relationships with other artists and also the learning experience that can come with each one.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-06-30 22:41:25 (edited 2016-06-30 22:42:01)

At 6/30/16 10:31 PM, Seprix wrote:
At 6/30/16 10:13 PM, Rennh wrote: I was going to argue why your other points are wrong, but then:

"regardless of what the answer is, it is a good thing to collaborate with others"

It seems you dont fully even understand what we're talking about.

Yes, lets have a semi professional artist collab with someone who barely knows what compression is. Lets see the semi professional concede creatively when the noob says something else sounds better.

Your stance of "you should always collab always just because:" is completely arbitrary and has no real reason or logic behind it.
I am not saying that two artists with completely different levels of ability should always collab, although teaching something to someone is both rewarding to the teacher and student. Likewise, in such an obviously stated skill gap, the person who knows much less will likely concede and do what the man who knows much more states.

Music is not simply a personal experience. One man cannot be an orchestra on his own; it takes many people. In fact, even with the singular examples of mixing, the best results come when someone else does the mastering. Music is inherently collaberative in nature. That is not to say that there should not be leaders. In any given teamwork exercise, there must be a leader, a head person with a vision. No collaberation will succeed without a head vision.

I have many reasons collaberation is much better than playing solo.

1. Different sounds, different techniques, new ideas
2. The fellowship with the individual, the social aspects, friendship building
3. A 'checker', or someone who gives advice on whether something sounds good or not

Those are the basic reasons, though there are even more.

It is easiest to do things by yourself. It is much harder to do things with more people, but much more rewarding if it can be pulled off. A board game sucks when you are alone, but it is better when there are more people playing. There are obviously limits; too much of anything is bad.

It is not as simple as "always collab", but it is also not as simple as "never collab". It is a good and just thing morally for collaberations to happen. Collaberations build community.

*As for your question on whether or not I have collaberated with others, I have. It is much easier to do in person than over the web, at least from my experience.

As stated in my first post regarding collabs, I acknowledged legit reasons to collab.

Expanding on "people who have weight to their names" for example means that if someone like SeamlessR collabed with someone X, someone X will likely get lot of new listeners, and likewise for seamlessR if someone X has listeners of his own.

And as explained, people providing tracks for instruments and vocals is also fine by me.

Im talking about people who produce differently. one person is likely going to just be better and more knowledgeable than the other. rather than the more knowledgeable person constantly conceding to inferior production value he might as well just produce the damn thing himself. Thats not to say things like "hey check out this chord progression, it sounds cool" wouldnt be welcome, but the first guy might as well just produce the music himself then.

Im aware of a lot of music being written by multiple people, performed by a different group of people and then produced by a whole other set of people, but I wouldnt call that kind of pipeline "collabing" in the same way im talking about

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-02 14:30:17

wahoo! Maybe I can start making a living off of my sound design!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-03 13:49:47 (edited 2016-07-03 13:49:53)

we have been afflicted

with geometry rash

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-03 14:40:50

@rennh
I see what you're saying about collabs not really working - and I've heard of a lot of collabs not really working - but at the same time, there are those that really do work.
For a couple examples, @DetiousMusic and @Lockyn have made some amazing collaborations over the past few years, and @Dylnmatrix has formed a great duo with Ionic Force in Equilibria to make some fantastic complextro.
Thinking about those pairs, it probably helps collaborations when the artists have different styles, as each contributes their own part to it and they end up with something great and original. Meanwhile, if you just throw two generic EDM producers together, they'll probably just make a boring song that sounds like either of them could have made it individually, or they won't even finish it because of that eventuality.

On another note, you should get that Geometry rash checked out. It's probably cancerous.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-07 07:37:27

At 7/7/16 03:02 AM, Lich wrote: /3char

Something I would've done 3 years ago lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-08 16:33:03 (edited 2016-07-08 16:34:05)

At 6/29/16 08:45 PM, Rennh wrote: collaberations = overated

4/5 colabs I do are great experiences. Some times it just doesn't work or spark. But when it does, and it usually does, it's magic!

At 7/7/16 03:02 AM, Lich wrote: /3char

xD

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-17 10:51:28 (edited 2016-07-17 10:51:58)

At 7/15/16 03:49 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
how's your day everyone?

m y d a y i s g o i n g w e l l , t h a n k y o u f o r a s k i n g

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-17 15:41:04

At 7/17/16 11:06 AM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 7/17/16 10:51 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: m y d a y i s g o i n g w e l l , t h a n k y o u f o r a s k i n g
Got any plan for today? :)

Not really. Probably go out for a jog or so later today.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-17 15:59:01

At 7/17/16 03:45 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 7/17/16 03:41 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 7/17/16 11:06 AM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 7/17/16 10:51 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: m y d a y i s g o i n g w e l l , t h a n k y o u f o r a s k i n g
Got any plan for today? :)
Not really. Probably go out for a jog or so later today.
How's the weather? :)

It's 4 am right now over here lol
usually sunny with rain later in the evening. pretty decent weather, i'd say

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-21 09:38:59

At 7/21/16 07:48 AM, Lich wrote: Monthly cravings for me to buy a Virus are occurring again.
I shall resist, I shall resist.

Lol, my little brother has the exact same thing ever since he got his birthday money. Which was in April. :3

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-07-21 15:28:50

At 7/21/16 09:38 AM, Oakwood wrote:
Lol, my little brother has the exact same thing ever since he got his birthday money. Which was in April. :3

Oakwood = NGADM Champ 2017