Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 883,988 Views
  • 35,805 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 09:31 AM Reply

At 3/4/13 07:34 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 3/4/13 07:20 AM, FairSquare wrote: Anyone else got this PM
yes.

Ah, thanks. Wasn't going too do it anyway.
If it sounds too good to be true.. yeah.
Also, i asked where the hell they get all that money from. She said from ad revenue (although she also stated that artists get a fair share of that) and investors.
Either she's lying, or the investors are giving money away for free, knowing that the chance to make profit out of this is pretty damn small.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 3/4/13 07:20 AM, FairSquare wrote:
Anyone else got this PM

Offers received from unknown fucks through the PM system are bound to be frauds.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 10:12 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 3/4/13 07:20 AM, FairSquare wrote:
Anyone else got this PM
Offers received from unknown fucks through the PM system are bound to be frauds.

Been that way forever.


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 01:55 PM, la-yinn wrote:
At 3/4/13 10:12 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 3/4/13 07:20 AM, FairSquare wrote:
Anyone else got this PM
Offers received from unknown fucks through the PM system are bound to be frauds.
Been that way forever.

When I get messages like that I try my best to scam them right back/ forward money to me.


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 02:27 PM, Quarl wrote:
When I get messages like that I try my best to scam them right back/ forward money to me.

Had any luck in that department then?


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 02:36 PM, la-yinn wrote:
At 3/4/13 02:27 PM, Quarl wrote:
When I get messages like that I try my best to scam them right back/ forward money to me.
Had any luck in that department then?

Nope. It's usually really uneloquent like "farward me money :O"

I used to be wayyyy more creative with my trolling.


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 02:58 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 02:53 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 3/4/13 02:36 PM, la-yinn wrote:
At 3/4/13 02:27 PM, Quarl wrote:
When I get messages like that I try my best to scam them right back/ forward money to me.
Had any luck in that department then?
Nope. It's usually really uneloquent like "farward me money :O"

I used to be wayyyy more creative with my trolling.

AHAHAHAHAHA

My laughs will stalk the mountain realm for many years to come.


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 02:53 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 3/4/13 02:36 PM, la-yinn wrote:
At 3/4/13 02:27 PM, Quarl wrote:
When I get messages like that I try my best to scam them right back/ forward money to me.
Had any luck in that department then?
Nope. It's usually really uneloquent like "farward me money :O"

I used to be wayyyy more creative with my trolling.

so THAT'S why you were sacked from audio moderation - using your 1337 powers to hit on young men, asking them about sexuality and stuff.


Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 02:53 PM, Quarl wrote: Nope. It's usually really uneloquent like "farward me money :O"

I used to be wayyyy more creative with my trolling.

holy shit hahahahahahahhahhhaaaaaaaa

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 4th, 2013 @ 04:42 PM Reply

lololol why AREN'T you an audio mod anymore? :P

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 12:15 AM Reply

It's so weird all of a sudden having the regular background back again.

Got so used to the old man winter theme :3

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 3/5/13 12:15 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: It's so weird all of a sudden having the regular background back again.

Got so used to the old man winter theme :3

Yeaaaaaah. I miss old man blue-ey.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 05:59 AM Reply

I'll just butt in on the discussion here with a quick question: what do you all think about duplo programs, and more specifically ejay? Why are tracks created with such software apparently so shunned? Are they all outlawed or is it still ok to use them as per audio guidelines, as long as tracks aren't 'unoriginal content'? Do you believe the program has evolved through the years or are your views on its function/usage the same as they used to be (if you used to have an opinion about it)? Also, have you tried any ejay programs yourself?

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 3/5/13 05:59 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I'll just butt in on the discussion here with a quick question: what do you all think about duplo programs, and more specifically ejay? Why are tracks created with such software apparently so shunned? Are they all outlawed or is it still ok to use them as per audio guidelines, as long as tracks aren't 'unoriginal content'? Do you believe the program has evolved through the years or are your views on its function/usage the same as they used to be (if you used to have an opinion about it)? Also, have you tried any ejay programs yourself?

Haha, I remember Ejay. Might install it again open it up because nostalgia is calling.

Well from what I remember in Dance Ejay7, you could make your own sounds/samples inside of the program, it's just that you were pretty damn limited to what you could do in that department. Plus hardly anyone took Ejay musicians seriously because 99% of them simply were the drag & drop lot.

There was someone called 2elements who used to post recorded video's of his work in Ejay trying to make his own samples in Dance 6. He tok all of his stuff down and the only remains I could find is his most well-known Ejay track Dragons Of Reality


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 05:59 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: what do you all think about duplo programs...

I'll just reiterate here :)

Anything that makes music a "drag and drop" process, isn't a real music making program, because
a) You didn't assemble those clips yourself
b) They're not like individual samples that are instruments
c) No one takes duplo programs seriously because it makes the process brainless and requires no compositional or musical skill to use.

Some duplo programs, such as Magix Music Maker, even sneak in a clause that makes all music created with the program legal property of the company that published the program.

At the heart of it, using a regular DAW that requires patience and investment of time on your end to learn properly and utilize, is a much MORE rewarding process than clicking and dragging blocks of pre-made excerpts of someone else's work.

Cyber.... who knows, you might even fall in love with a program like FLStudio, Logic, Ableton, Cubase etc. ;) And you'll wonder how you ever did without it.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 3/4/13 04:42 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: lololol why AREN'T you an audio mod anymore? :P

I just didn't have the time for it anymore. I used to send really personalized messages to kids and I burned myself out. I still talk to some of the kids I modded in actually. This kid in particular made me really happy. I got a little drunk on ego when I saw his first submission's authors comments. Caught it while modding actually. I like to keep tabs on him. Who knows. Maybe one day he'll be the next Rob Swire :p

@ Fucklo

I wasn't fired I quit >:C


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 05:15 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 05:03 PM, Quarl wrote: @ Fucklo

I wasn't fired I quit >:C

that's what you think
also that's what she said


Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 51
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 05:30 PM Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please...

FAPS!

That is all!


I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 07:19 PM Reply

Today I learned that the bitrate of an audio file is measured in kilobits per seconds instead of kilobytes

which is fucking stupid when the size is measured in some multiple of bytes?

Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Cocks.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 08:12 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 07:31 PM, Braiton wrote: Cocks.

And hens.


BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 08:23 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 08:12 PM, SourJovis wrote:
At 3/5/13 07:31 PM, Braiton wrote: Cocks.
And hens.

You mean female cocks.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 3/5/13 08:23 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 3/5/13 08:12 PM, SourJovis wrote:
At 3/5/13 07:31 PM, Braiton wrote: Cocks.
And hens.
You mean female cocks.

Don't be silly. Females don't have cocks. You mean shemale cocks.


BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 5th, 2013 @ 10:57 PM Reply

ps I didn't just offend anyone did I? It's perfectly fine for a woman to have a cock. No problem.


BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 02:43 AM Reply

'sup guys (and girls)
back to the discussion of the penis i see?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 02:58 AM Reply

At 3/5/13 10:57 PM, SourJovis wrote: ps I didn't just offend anyone did I? It's perfectly fine for a woman to have a cock. No problem.

As long as it's not bigger than mine. I would feel uncomfortable if it did.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 02:58 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3/5/13 10:57 PM, SourJovis wrote: ps I didn't just offend anyone did I? It's perfectly fine for a woman to have a cock. No problem.
As long as it's not bigger than mine. I would feel uncomfortable if it did.

You still want to be "the man".


BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:09 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 10:57 AM, SourJovis wrote:
At 3/6/13 02:58 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3/5/13 10:57 PM, SourJovis wrote: ps I didn't just offend anyone did I? It's perfectly fine for a woman to have a cock. No problem.
As long as it's not bigger than mine. I would feel uncomfortable if it did.
You still want to be "the man".

I just don't like the idea of a girl having a bigger penis than I do.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 11:22 AM Reply

At 3/6/13 11:09 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3/6/13 10:57 AM, SourJovis wrote:
At 3/6/13 02:58 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 3/5/13 10:57 PM, SourJovis wrote: ps I didn't just offend anyone did I? It's perfectly fine for a woman to have a cock. No problem.
As long as it's not bigger than mine. I would feel uncomfortable if it did.
You still want to be "the man".
I just don't like the idea of a girl having a bigger penis than I do.

I don't like the idea of anyone having a bigger penis than I do. But every man or woman may meet his or her match.


BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Mar. 6th, 2013 @ 03:41 PM Reply

Ffs the day I wanna work on music my computer fucks up again

This is driving me crazy


lel