Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,231,126 Views
  • 36,847 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 14:13:50 Reply

At 1/6/11 01:08 PM, Echo wrote:
At 1/6/11 01:00 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
I know some other people basically said what I'm going to, but you're too young and you haven't been placed in a situation to really unfold the abstract that is sexuality. I share a lot of the same sentiments as you've placed, mind and body, two different things, but that doesn't mean sexuality isn't present just because you don't chase after a voluptuous badonkadonk.
I've been saying that to him for the past 10 years and he never listens. I wonder if i was doing it wrong...

Yes i have known him since we were kids. Whether or not that is a good thing, i yet have to find out.
...
...
Probably not a good thing...

Where the hell did you pop out from?

Also I keep confusing you eith EchozAurora.. very frustrating..

also yeah.. being asexual probably would suck very much - sure a lot of bad things go with sexuality but a lot of good things go with it too. Personally I love the helpless feelign in the other person during sex - their ability to pretty much lower their guard and let you touch all their most precious of areas :)

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 14:19:15 Reply

At 1/6/11 01:08 PM, Echo wrote: I've been saying that to him for the past 10 years and he never listens. I wonder if i was doing it wrong...

And it should be said maturity does not equate to sexuality directly. A lot of people conflict the two and I think that a mistake. While they can effect each other, they are not idiosyncratic.

Sorry Steph for just talking about choo. Lots of love.

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 14:22:10 Reply

At 1/6/11 02:13 PM, Chronamut wrote:
also yeah.. being asexual probably would suck very much

You're approaching a-sexuality from your own opinion as a non a-sexual (a sexual).
I don't think it sucks for a-sexual people to be a-sexual.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 14:56:13 Reply

At 1/6/11 02:22 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 1/6/11 02:13 PM, Chronamut wrote:
also yeah.. being asexual probably would suck very much
You're approaching a-sexuality from your own opinion as a non a-sexual (a sexual).
I don't think it sucks for a-sexual people to be a-sexual.

well tbh I don't know any other asexuals.. so I am merely assumnig it must suck.

I guess if you have never known it there is nothing you can be missing.. like a person with 4 arms saying to a person with 2 arms "man having only 2 arms must really suck dude.."

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 14:59:04 Reply

At 1/6/11 02:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: well tbh I don't know any other asexuals.. so I am merely assumnig it must suck.

I guess if you have never known it there is nothing you can be missing.. like a person with 4 arms saying to a person with 2 arms "man having only 2 arms must really suck dude.."

Also, the person with 2 arms doesn't even want to have 4 arms.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 15:06:20 Reply

At 1/6/11 11:41 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
But hey, I'm sick of dating girls who freak out and give me shit over saluting a fucking American flag because "saluting the flag if you weren't or aren't in the armed forces is disrespectful."

>.>

At least you have the experience, which I don't, yet.

And I agree with you on finding the right ones. They're already taken or not interested. HOWEVER, I may make a break through with this one chance even though she's taken. We have different tastes in music and other shit, but that's what sparks up our conversations.


lel

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 15:08:36 Reply

Fuck having 4 arms

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 15:09:58 Reply

At 1/6/11 03:08 PM, jarrydn wrote: Fuck having 4 arms

OCTOPUS!!!

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 15:16:39 Reply

At 1/6/11 02:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: well tbh I don't know any other asexuals.. so I am merely assumnig it must suck.

I guess if you have never known it there is nothing you can be missing.. like a person with 4 arms saying to a person with 2 arms "man having only 2 arms must really suck dude.."

Exactly. I'd imagine that I'd hate feeling a sexual attraction to other people. I've read somewhere that average teenage boys, or at least straight teenage boys, spend an abnormal amount of their time awake thinking about girls (I forgot the percentage but as far as I recall it was almost ridiculous). I'd probably hate that, so I'm glad I'm asexual, but like you said, I can't judge.

You're not asexual and you're glad you're not, and I'm asexual and I'm glad I am. Everybody wins.

At 1/6/11 01:00 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: I know some other people basically said what I'm going to, but you're too young and you haven't been placed in a situation to really unfold the abstract that is sexuality.

You sound like you're speaking from experience here, so I won't argue. After summer I'll be going to a mixed school (since from the two schools I've been in so far, one was mixed but only had four girls in my class, and another is boys only) so maybe my opinion will change sometime, but if I had to be honest with you, currently I seriously doubt that I'll ever change.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 15:28:26 Reply

One of my friends is asexual I'm pretty sure.

I don't find any fault in it myself. If anything, it's an asset because you don't spend life chasing after relationships.

I know I've wasted more than enough of my life doing that.


At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 15:38:20 Reply

At 1/6/11 03:28 PM, EchozAurora wrote: One of my friends is asexual I'm pretty sure.

I don't find any fault in it myself. If anything, it's an asset because you don't spend life chasing after relationships.

I know I've wasted more than enough of my life doing that.

still I love that feeling of being really into someone both mind body and soul - it's a great feeling :)

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 16:19:56 Reply

There's a time and a place for being a lone wolf.

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 16:34:28 Reply

Personally, being asexual is a great thing. Asexuals don't have to worry about sex, it's sexual influences, or relationships. Yes, a relationship can be nice, but it's also the biggest pain in the ass ever. I was undecided for a long time, and I understand the aspects of, well, every sexuality, asexuals the most. Given the opportunity, I would me asexual over any other sexuality. It's a binding and pointless hormonal urge (heterosexuality), and asexuals don't worry about any of this. Yes, they may wonder what it's like, but when you are asexual, you see people do such stupid things for their sexuality, and you wonder why they waste their time just because their hormones influence them to.

Tldr: Asexuality is the dominant and most logical sexuality.


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 16:40:21 Reply

At 1/6/11 04:34 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote:

Tldr: Asexuality is the dominant and most logical sexuality.

So much for reproduction.


lel

BBS Signature
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 16:44:56 Reply

At 1/6/11 04:40 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/6/11 04:34 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote:

Tldr: Asexuality is the dominant and most logical sexuality.
So much for reproduction.

So much for overpopulation. (I understand your point though. It's the only downside to asexuality. But I assure you that asexual people would like children, just not the process of making them.)


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 16:46:58 Reply

At 1/6/11 04:44 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote: So much for overpopulation. (I understand your point though. It's the only downside to asexuality.

and also... no sex.

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 16:56:45 Reply

At 1/6/11 04:46 PM, SBB wrote:
At 1/6/11 04:44 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote: So much for overpopulation. (I understand your point though. It's the only downside to asexuality.
and also... no sex.

They tend to not enjoy sex. Actually, is more of a repulsiveness to sex. It's usually quite nasty to them, so that's not a downside for them.


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:10:39 Reply

Sex is weird and icky.

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:19:25 Reply

At 1/6/11 05:10 PM, jarrydn wrote: Sex is weird and icky.

Chronamut is weird and icky.
Therefore, Chronamut is sex.


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:29:51 Reply

At 1/6/11 05:19 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote:
At 1/6/11 05:10 PM, jarrydn wrote: Sex is weird and icky.
Chronamut is weird and icky.
Therefore, Chronamut is sex.

Mind fuck.


lel

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:31:20 Reply

The lounge really sucks these days. Moar arguments plz

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:43:19 Reply

Death penalty

Discuss.

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:44:01 Reply

At 1/6/11 05:43 PM, SBB wrote: Death penalty

Discuss.

Is it really a penalty if you enjoy it?


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:52:07 Reply

oh so THAT's what asexuals enjoy

freaks

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:56:12 Reply

Death penalty

I am opposed.
I strongly believe that every person has some good in them. Due to said person's experiences in life, they may have taken quite some wrong decisions, and therefore landed in criminality. Sometimes there just doesn't seem to be a way out.

That and the justice systems seems to be mainly aimed at punishing people, rather than actually trying to help them find the right path in life. I believe more effort should be put into researching how criminals can be helped to see why the laws are in place, and how it does benefit them to abide them.

In the more extreme cases (murderers etc?), I think we'd have to dive into a more psychological level, find out what drove the person to commit these acts, and find remedies etcetera. Show other ways than murder to get the feeling of power/control it may have created in the murderer.

I cannot really tell what exactly causes people to do such monstrous acts, but I strongly believe that everyone can be helped, with the right techniques. This doesn't mean brainwashing people, it means helping them get to insights that were out of reach before.

Now from another point of view, the relatives of a person that was murdered probably simply want revenge for their loss, which is why they might be opposed to not killing the murdered. In fact, I find death penalty quite a lenient punishment, seeing as the criminal is then immediately set free. (However, one might be of the belief that there's nothing after death-which doesn't take away the fact that no suffering is needed, so it still stands). What I was saying, lifelong locking away is a far better punishment then, if you're looking for revenge.

But yeah, to sum it up: From my point of view, everyone is able to get on the right track, with the right help, so I am fully opposed to the death penalty. From a revenge point of view, I am opposed as well, as it sets the criminal free anyway.

Thanks for the interesting topic, SBB.
SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 17:58:39 Reply

At 1/6/11 05:56 PM, Mich wrote: Death penalty

I am opposed.
I strongly believe that every person has some good in them. Due to said person's experiences in life, they may have taken quite some wrong decisions, and therefore landed in criminality. Sometimes there just doesn't seem to be a way out.

That and the justice systems seems to be mainly aimed at punishing people, rather than actually trying to help them find the right path in life. I believe more effort should be put into researching how criminals can be helped to see why the laws are in place, and how it does benefit them to abide them.

In the more extreme cases (murderers etc?), I think we'd have to dive into a more psychological level, find out what drove the person to commit these acts, and find remedies etcetera. Show other ways than murder to get the feeling of power/control it may have created in the murderer.

I cannot really tell what exactly causes people to do such monstrous acts, but I strongly believe that everyone can be helped, with the right techniques. This doesn't mean brainwashing people, it means helping them get to insights that were out of reach before.

Now from another point of view, the relatives of a person that was murdered probably simply want revenge for their loss, which is why they might be opposed to not killing the murdered. In fact, I find death penalty quite a lenient punishment, seeing as the criminal is then immediately set free. (However, one might be of the belief that there's nothing after death-which doesn't take away the fact that no suffering is needed, so it still stands). What I was saying, lifelong locking away is a far better punishment then, if you're looking for revenge.

But yeah, to sum it up: From my point of view, everyone is able to get on the right track, with the right help, so I am fully opposed to the death penalty. From a revenge point of view, I am opposed as well, as it sets the criminal free anyway.

Thanks for the interesting topic, SBB.

While I see your arguments I think you forgot a key point. The Death Penalty failed as a deterrent.

Some criminologist claim they have statistically proven that when an execution is publicized, more murders occur in the day and weeks that follow. A good example is in the Linberg kidnapping. A number of states adopted the death penalty for crime like this, but figures showed kidnapping increased. Publicity may encourage crime instead of preventing it (McClellan, G., 1961).

Death is one penalty which makes error irreversible and the chance of error is inescapable when based on human judgment . On the contrary, sometimes defendants insist on execution. They feel it is an act of kindness to them. The argument here is - Is life imprisonment a crueler fate?" Is there evidence supporting the usefulness of the death penalty securing the life of the citizens (McClellan, G. 1961)?

Does the death penalty give increased protection against being murdered? This argument for continuation of the death penalty is most likely a deterrent, but it has failed as a deterrent. There is no clear evidence because empirical studies done in the 50's by Professor Thorsten Sellin, (sociologist) did not give support to deterrence (McClellan, G., 1961).

yeah I just went there
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 18:23:23 Reply

Moon Pies

They're so delicious. They have that eggy cream center with the two graham-like cakes on top, all dipped in a layer of chocolate. I remember when I was younger. one of my father's friend's brought a big box of about 100 to my house, and that summer, we had no sweet stuff, so I ended up feasting on moon pies all the time. I learned their beauty that summer. No matter how much milk you try to drink, it will still feel dry...

Anyone else like moon pies? (not cream pies...)


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 18:25:13 Reply

death penalty is boring.

Death Pornography

now that's MUCH more interesting.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 18:27:08 Reply

At 1/6/11 06:23 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote:
Anyone else like moon pies? (not cream pies...)

oh god.. if only you knew what moon pie 's other meanings were.. think butt cheeks..

Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Member since: Feb. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-06 18:32:00 Reply

At 1/6/11 06:25 PM, Chronamut wrote: death penalty is boring.

Death Photography

now that's MUCH more interesting.

I think it's odd for people to take pictures of dead things. I wonder where they get their inspiration to do it from. You see a dead person somewhere, and you decide to take the picture. Wonders...


Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.