00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,248 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-02 15:19:15

At 5/2/14 05:02 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Question guys.

Now NG was created on 6 July 1995... which means NG's 20th anniversary falls on 6 July NEXT YEAR!
I wonder what we can do to hype up the excitement for it... I was envisioning some sort of massive audio, art and animation collab, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Sounds great! I have no ideas right now, but a collab definitely sounds like a step in the right direction!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-02 16:25:07

At 5/2/14 12:54 PM, Conal wrote: Hey, guize.

How does the audio scouting system work? Can none-approved artists scout?

Also, for approved artists; what happens when we "scout" a user? Do they instantly get accepted like with the art portal, or is it just a contributing vote?

i remember after my first upload someone scouted me and i became part of the audio portal. i'm still not sure why or how that happened.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-02 17:19:36

At 5/2/14 05:06 PM, Conal wrote:
At 5/2/14 04:25 PM, deadbea7 wrote: i remember after my first upload someone scouted me and i became part of the audio portal. i'm still not sure why or how that happened.
Oh. Does it get them instantly put forward for review or are we like the people who directly approve?

i honesty don't know. i think if one person scouts someone they become instantly added to the audio portal. it's a very weird system for sure.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-02 19:34:06

At 5/2/14 05:19 PM, deadbea7 wrote:
At 5/2/14 05:06 PM, Conal wrote:
At 5/2/14 04:25 PM, deadbea7 wrote: i remember after my first upload someone scouted me and i became part of the audio portal. i'm still not sure why or how that happened.
Oh. Does it get them instantly put forward for review or are we like the people who directly approve?
i honesty don't know. i think if one person scouts someone they become instantly added to the audio portal. it's a very weird system for sure.

The way the scouting system works is when a member of the audio portal scouts someone, it sends a notification to the scouted user, they can accept or decline it. If they accept, they become a member of the audio portal.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-02 20:39:41

At 5/2/14 07:59 PM, Conal wrote:
At 5/2/14 07:34 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: The way the scouting system works is when a member of the audio portal scouts someone, it sends a notification to the scouted user, they can accept or decline it. If they accept, they become a member of the audio portal.
Are there rules about this? Specifically; scouting alts? Can people be unscouted just for low quality or spamming? Is a plagiarism ban still permanent? Is there any documentation on the entire system?

This is about as close as there is to documentation as there is on the system as far as I know.

For the most part it's common sense though, I don't see any problem with scouting an alt. I mean... if you're already been scouted on your main account and have good standing, I'd assume you'd uphold that on your alt account.

People can be unscouted for anything from copyright infringement to spamming low quality submissions. Honestly, we don't unscout people very often, as usually we catch the rule breakers before they're ever scouted in the first place.

As for bans, we are still able to issue permanent bans, but I don't think we've had a single case so far where we've deemed it necessary. Works much like the forums now honestly, the more serious or more often you break the rules, the longer the ban gets. Although, unlike the forums, audio bans tend to last much longer, again, depending on the severity of the offense.

And lastly, you can, and will be held accountable for scouting rule breaking users. If it's just one that decided they didn't wanna follow the rules anymore, that's not really your fault, but if we see a trend of you (general you) scouting a ton of bad users (Be it rule breaking or spammy submissions), then we will look at removing your scouting ability (Again, it is extremely rare that we've had to do this).

And that pretty much sums up the system honestly.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-02 22:43:54

At 5/2/14 07:34 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: The way the scouting system works is when a member of the audio portal scouts someone, it sends a notification to the scouted user, they can accept or decline it. If they accept, they become a member of the audio portal.

that makes sense now. but who would decline such a request?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-03 10:46:55

At 5/2/14 10:43 PM, deadbea7 wrote: that makes sense now. but who would decline such a request?

Believe it or not, there have been a few people that have declined scouting requests... I've even had people ask to be unscouted.

On top of that... I've had people that have been featured on the front page PM me to ask me to remove them from the front page.

Everyone has their reasons I suppose.

At 5/3/14 12:51 AM, Conal wrote: Have you guys noticed that every time you try to scout an audio submitter or check out the unscouted list, the site suddenly goes into maintenance and it takes about seven seconds to get back online? It's doing this on my desktop and on my phone. It was doing this yesterday, but I hadn't made the connections until now.

Should we tell liljim? Is it affecting anyone else? Is this a known glitch right now?

I've been having a similar problem in another area of the site, and have already send @liljim a PM about it... if you're getting the issue as well, I'd probably shoot him a PM as well.

He hasn't responded to my PM yet, so I'm not sure if it's a known issue or not.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-03 12:24:36

At 5/3/14 10:46 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: He hasn't responded to my PM yet, so I'm not sure if it's a known issue or not.

It wasn't, sorry for the delay. Your issue should be fixed, and I think the scouting problem might be as well. Please shoot me a line if isn't together with someone who needs to be scouted and I'll have another run at it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-03 14:45:19

At 5/2/14 10:26 AM, JoshuaHughes wrote:
At 5/2/14 10:00 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I put up a starting post on the Collaboration forum; it can be read here. What will we do? Webcomic? New animations? Tribute animations? Art collabs?

What about some comic or animation or SOMETHING on the origin of Newgrounds and how it came to be? Throw in some fantastical elements for good measure. A personal friend suggested it to me, and I kinda think it'd be fun.
If there's enough people wanting to celebrate, all of the above. Though I wonder if Tom Fulp has anything planned for this upcoming occasion himself.

Going back to this topic: Tom Fulp might have something in store, we imagine, but it'll also be impressive to see the userbase getting together for this.

For the time being, this is the thread in the Collaboration forum. @Deshiel has suggested that we make covers of the first X amount of tracks uploaded to Newgrounds -- threshold to be decided.

I've recently been interviewed by @Asandir, and in due time, my text (including my thoughts on NG's 20th anniversary) will be put up. Hopefully this may hype up the interest. In due time, I imagine, we'll start approaching the other forums to see how many people get into this, and what we can cobble up.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-03 22:57:31

At 5/3/14 09:39 PM, Conal wrote: Hey, mods & solicitors; is this acceptable?
http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/view/767243

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

=^____^=

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-05 11:15:50

any of you guys frequent other audio forums? just found out that DOA started back up and I have to say it looks awesome

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-05 13:23:14

At 5/5/14 01:02 PM, Conal wrote:
At 5/5/14 11:15 AM, AeroMusic wrote: any of you guys frequent other audio forums? just found out that DOA started back up and I have to say it looks awesome
Who?

DOA => dogsonacid.com

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-05 13:57:11

At 5/5/14 01:24 PM, Conal wrote:
At 5/5/14 01:23 PM, AeroMusic wrote: DOA => dogsonacid.com
Who?

eh what u on about mate who what?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-05 13:58:09

At 5/5/14 11:15 AM, AeroMusic wrote: any of you guys frequent other audio forums? just found out that DOA started back up and I have to say it looks awesome

I browse some experimental forums every once in a great while, but other forums are too slow for me to give a crap about.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-05 18:34:44

Strange fact of life
Whenever I put a lot of work in a track, try to come up with a concept, express something important to me or at least do something educational, the track gets ignored.
Whenever I make a fast shitty loop to underline an example or test a VST = INSTANT HIT! at least 3 messages asking to use it in YT vids, games, real life situations...etc

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-05 21:11:18

I don't know why, but earlier I thought that Rahmemhotep and sorohanro are the same person.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-06 02:33:10

At 5/6/14 12:36 AM, Conal wrote: I also get PMs about whether or not people can use my audio in their YouTube videos, I don't know why people ask. It's Creative Commons.

Although it's technically not required, it's considered a common courtesy.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-06 20:48:09

So...I just realized that the "Daniel Harris stealing NG music" thread was closed 4 days ago...
...and it felt like weeks had passed.

help

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-06 21:36:03

At 5/6/14 08:48 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: So...I just realized that the "Daniel Harris stealing NG music" thread was closed 4 days ago...
...and it felt like weeks had passed.

help

Omaigosh, can we PLEASE suppress that event from our minds?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-06 23:14:08

SMT: Nocturne has come to PSN.

Rejoice!

Now all I need is a PS3....

The Audio Forum Lounge

Making music can fun, but it can also be as challenging as playing the...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-07 11:01:21

At 5/7/14 08:57 AM, Conal wrote: Guys, how do I assign a compressor to just one instrument?

And is there an easier way to record me playing with the VST without having to do it live?

I'm gonna take an educated guess: you're an FL Studio user. If you indeed are one, ppl here will most likely know how to answer your question.

The reason I say this is because, everyone that comes to this lounge most likely will use other music programs that aren't FL Studio, thus their advice may not suit you as well as it should.

For example, if I assumed you were a GarageBand user like myself I'd probably reply with something like:

"All instrument tracks have individual compressors. Unless you're working with the master track, the compressor can be either enabled or disabled for any software instrument track. You can toggle the compressor on/off in each instruments Edit tab."

I'm not sure I could answer your other question regarding VSTs, as I don't use them...all that often.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-08 06:36:06

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-09 03:45:58

THIS

+

THIS

+

THIS

+

THAT

Interplanetary cyborgs with super powers; That's what were all going to be. Who's stoked? I am man. I am.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-09 03:52:54

At 5/9/14 03:45 AM, Breed wrote: THIS

+

THIS

+

THIS

+

THAT

Interplanetary cyborgs with super powers; That's what were all going to be. Who's stoked? I am man. I am.

We have the means to defeat Skynet.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-09 19:55:00

At 5/8/14 06:36 AM, jpbear wrote: http://gifsound.com/?gif=images.ezgif.com%2Ftmp%2Fgif_delay_1399525900_c662b04080.gif&v=JhiviKxRvbc&s=66

that is all

lmao thats brilliant
whoever thought of gifs with sound needs a medal

also tuuuune

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-10 11:45:24

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-10 21:51:31

At 5/10/14 11:45 AM, AeroMusic wrote: http://vimeo.com/93923609

the dnb2000

that was strangely fascinating to watch.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-10 22:52:30

At 5/6/14 11:14 PM, Quetya wrote: SMT: Nocturne has come to PSN.

Rejoice!

Now all I need is a PS3....

Meh, got mah pii esh tu for that. My brother owns the game and I do not, therefore I never got too far in it. I believe my bro never got past Dante.

On a side note sorohanro and I are totally the same person. Y'know, in the sense that we are two completely different people on opposite hemispheres.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-10 23:32:15

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-05-12 10:30:26

So...I took the plunge and installed Lubuntu, Now how the hell do I get rid of Windows ecks pee