ToxInjection
ToxInjection
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-21 23:50:02 Reply

Energetic producers?

Hey guys. I've taken to watching a lot more live sets of EDM producers/DJs on Youtube, but the one thing I notice is that not a lot of the ones I find seem very...lively and energetic. They might bob their head a bit and rock a little, but not a whole lot. Do you guys know of any artists that go really hard during their set? Doesn't matter if they're well known or not. The only ones I've found that seem to get really into things is Funtcase and Mark Instinct. I find those guys to be much more entertaining. It's also how I'd like to be if I ever get to the point of live mixing, and it might help seeing how you can pump up a crowd (:

INJECT yourself with some of these TOXic tunes! Get it, because tox-...I'm sorry:

Newgrounds Uploads | Soundcloud! :D

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 00:06:38 Reply

At 1/21/13 11:50 PM, ToxInjection wrote: Energetic producer djs?

the music and mixing should speak for itself, i dont need some ego-centric fucker dancing infront of his decks to get into a good set.

ToxInjection
ToxInjection
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 00:11:51 Reply

At 1/22/13 12:06 AM, jpbear wrote:
the music and mixing should speak for itself, i dont need some ego-centric fucker dancing infront of his decks to get into a good set.

Well, obviously, the music and mixing is going to be the main thing that people SHOULD focus on, but I also think that since EDM is the genre that it is, it's not something that you can just stand still to, even if you're the one pumping out the tracks. It's not important, but it's fun to see that an artist just seems to lose himself in the set. The energy isn't mandatory to have a good set, but it just seems like it'd boost the crowd up even further.

INJECT yourself with some of these TOXic tunes! Get it, because tox-...I'm sorry:

Newgrounds Uploads | Soundcloud! :D

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 00:19:29 Reply

At 1/22/13 12:11 AM, ToxInjection wrote: The energy isn't mandatory to have a good set, but it just seems like it'd boost the crowd up even further.

Steve Aoki crowdsurfs in a rubber boat. Just sayin'.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 15:38:10 Reply

Speedster!

So... I'm downloading the beta for Path of Exile... a diablo like action RPG that's hitting open beta like... tomorrow. And so I'm just surfing the web, wasting time while it's downloading... checking on it every once in a while.

I alt tab to see if it's almost done and...

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 17:32:58 Reply

At 1/22/13 12:06 AM, jpbear wrote:

You kidding me? I grew up going to rock shows and jumping into pits. If I go to see a DJ he better do something worth seeing or I'm out. If the entertainer isn't having a fun time, how the fuck is everyone else supposed to? I WANT to see pretentious ass fuck wads. I can listen to a million mixes, they're free online all the time. No point in going to see something if there's nothing worth seeing.

I remember when I saw Converge. They kept yelling at the people to "TURN ON THE FUCKING HOUSE LIGHTS. WERE NOT STARTING UNTIL WE CAN SEE YOUR FACES!!!" They were hard as fuck. The stage was about a foot tall and people kept running onto the stage to do flips into the audience. I kicked a kid and his shoe came off. I talked to him after the show. He never found his shoe :c

I've seen Reel Big Fish maybe five times. They're always a really fun show. Always entertaining/comedic. My favorite show was explosions in the sky. I didn't even know them when I went to see them but the tickets were free. Apparently my old college friend is their biggest fan. He can get free explosions tickets anytime. At one point the guy was dragging his guitar around the stage but it still had such an awesome sound and texture to it all. Clean as fuck.

The Mars Volta are exactly what you would expect them to be. The Pixies were kind of boring until they played that one song I know. Fall Of Troy was neato. Circa Survive twas good too.

What I'm getting at is that I can't remember a single DJ set I've been to. They're usually pretty boring. If I'm paying ten bucks for drinks or five bucks to get into your set AND ten bucks for drinks: DANCE MOTHER FUCKER. DANCE LIKE YOUR ON FIRE BECAUSE YOUR EQUIPMENT ISNT. I WANT TO SEE SOMETHING!!

energy energy energy.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-22 18:22:00 Reply

At 1/21/13 06:17 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: Am I qualified to write unmusical review in the portal?

I am a self taught musician with little understanding of musical jargon.

Don't worry, me too!

garlagan
garlagan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 00:52:34 Reply

At 1/22/13 06:22 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 1/21/13 06:17 PM, CzeryWassierSwizier wrote: Am I qualified to write unmusical review in the portal?

I am a self taught musician with little understanding of musical jargon.
Don't worry, me too!

i think this applies to most of us. But you don't need musical jargon to help artists, you just need to write what you think about the track and how you think it could be improved, from your point of view, and as an artist yourself as well.
Talking about it, it's been a while since my last review. Gonna review something now.. or maybe tomorrow lolol

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 02:17:02 Reply

At 1/22/13 03:38 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Speedster!

So... I'm downloading the beta for Path of Exile... a diablo like action RPG that's hitting open beta like... tomorrow. And so I'm just surfing the web, wasting time while it's downloading... checking on it every once in a while.

I alt tab to see if it's almost done and...

Give my internet back you thief.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 02:37:46 Reply

Why is everyone so butthurt over the voting system?
"one of my tracks got a 2. THE VOTE SYSTEM IS FLAWED!!!!11!!!!1oneone!!!!!exclamationpoint!!!!"

P.S. If you're legitimately getting 0-bombed (say...somewhere between 5++ votes and a score lower than 2), then ignore this.
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 02:52:53 Reply

At 1/23/13 02:37 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Why is everyone so butthurt over the voting system?
"one of my tracks got a 2. THE VOTE SYSTEM IS FLAWED!!!!11!!!!1oneone!!!!!exclamationpoint!!!!"

P.S. If you're legitimately getting 0-bombed (say...somewhere between 5++ votes and a score lower than 2), then ignore this.

Because whiny bitches.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 02:54:42 Reply

At 1/23/13 02:37 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Why is everyone so butthurt over the voting system?

cuz exposurez on da NG chartz

Since when did people get butthurt over voting scores? No fucks should be given to it.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 03:04:00 Reply

Sorry some people still give a damn about this site instead of pretending like theres nothing wrong with it.

Ill complain about it till the day i die bitches.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 04:05:09 Reply

At 1/23/13 03:04 AM, jpbear wrote: Sorry some people still give a damn about this site instead of pretending like theres nothing wrong with it.

Ill complain about it till the day i die bitches.

Implying I don't care about the site and that I'm not aware of the problems... You obviously don't know me very well.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 05:43:19 Reply

At 1/23/09 04:37 PM, Zero123Music wrote: The Whole Bold Thing

It's a good idea - but I hope no-one will forget, cause normally - one person does.. then everyone XD

Anyone who does not post their subject in bold will be shot.

then banned :D

Wat?

and here I thought ideas from 2008 were illegal from being posted...

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 05:49:05 Reply

At 1/23/13 05:43 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 1/23/09 04:37 PM, Zero123Music wrote: The Whole Bold Thing

It's a good idea - but I hope no-one will forget, cause normally - one person does.. then everyone XD

Anyone who does not post their subject in bold will be shot.

then banned :D
Wat?

and here I thought ideas from 2008 were illegal from being posted...

"At 1/23/09 04:37 PM, Zero123Music wrote:"

You click the wrong page Quarl?

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 06:07:42 Reply

All hypocrites will drink the punch at some point.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 06:29:17 Reply

At 1/21/13 11:50 PM, ToxInjection wrote: Do you guys know of any artists that go really hard during their set? Doesn't matter if they're well known or not.

JOSH CUBE always gives 110% \m/

audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 06:35:06 Reply

At 1/23/13 06:29 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 1/21/13 11:50 PM, ToxInjection wrote: Do you guys know of any artists that go really hard during their set? Doesn't matter if they're well known or not.
JOSH CUBE always gives 110% \m/

I just posted this to my news page but if were sharing vidoes: this is exactly what I want from my sets.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 07:47:45 Reply

At 1/23/13 06:35 AM, Quarl wrote: I just posted this to my news page but if were sharing vidoes: this is exactly what I want from my sets.

not bad, kinda reminds me of this

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 08:00:21 Reply

At 1/23/13 07:47 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 1/23/13 06:35 AM, Quarl wrote: I just posted this to my news page but if were sharing vidoes: this is exactly what I want from my sets.

haha, classic. I love Squarepusher/ have seen that vid a hundred times. I'm not as impressed actually. On that note, where are the mods? Isn't this forum supposed to not be about music appreciation?

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 10:03:37 Reply

At 1/23/13 08:00 AM, Quarl wrote: On that note, where are the mods? Isn't this forum supposed to not be about music appreciation?

good point, how long would you like your ban to be for?

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 10:22:42 Reply

At 1/23/13 07:47 AM, jarrydn wrote:

Keith Fullterton Whitman always goes hard

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 11:05:36 Reply

At 1/23/13 10:03 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 1/23/13 08:00 AM, Quarl wrote: On that note, where are the mods? Isn't this forum supposed to not be about music appreciation?
good point, how long would you like your ban to be for?

Here comes jaaaaarrrrryyyyyy ^____________^

lel

AeroMusic
AeroMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 13:35:14 Reply

At 1/23/13 06:35 AM, Quarl wrote:

I just posted this to my news page but if were sharing vidoes: this is exactly what I want from my sets.

that's class!

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 19:16:55 Reply

...Lurk...

Cold floor winters suck. My feet get cold and I don't bother getting up, so when I end up having to sleep its desireable to warm them up in bed with socks...

But thats just weird.

BBS Signature
FantasticAxiom
FantasticAxiom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 22:02:59 Reply

I'm looking into audio programming and I want to start a new project along the lines of a vst effect/generator.

Since the industry seems to be saturated so much with the same exact synths/effects, I was wondering what you guys think still needs to be made.

I haven't looked into DSP yet or anything, so it can't be anything too complex, but I was thinking of making an effect vst that lets you write an equation to affect the incoming audio using sample value, sample rate, bit depth, etc as variables. I haven't seen anything like this yet and considering every plugin made thus far forces you to stick to its own algorithm, I thought this would be a good idea. Hopefully it's possible, but I've yet to really learn how this stuff works.

Any other ideas?

Breed
Breed
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 22:48:23 Reply

At 1/23/13 10:02 PM, FantasticAxiom wrote:
Any other ideas?

Well since were farting in the wind of revolution...

I'd personally like a synth that rather than adhering to one type of synthesis and multple oscillators, has 3 possible units for each osc/sound source/wavetable: A basic subtractive synth unit with tons of cool unique oscillator shapes, an additive unit with very extensive harmonic control, and a granular unit with good resampling ability. Then, add a matrix and allow FM between any of the 3 (or maybe 6, two of each?) units.

Such a synth would also benefit from some cool little effects like dist, or vintage modelled compressors, etc....and make sure that just about everything is super easy to modulate/route.

Make it a low CPU demanding plugin and youll probably end up with a plug-in more useful then any other single synth I know.

I'd like to know what the fuck you couldnt do with a synth like that. That shit would turn chron straight.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-23 23:32:35 Reply

At 1/23/13 10:48 PM, Breed wrote: I'd like to know what the fuck you couldnt do with a synth like that. That shit would turn chron straight.

sounds like you just listed the specs of Synthmaster 2.5

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-01-24 00:02:17 Reply

At 1/23/13 11:32 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 1/23/13 10:48 PM, Breed wrote: I'd like to know what the fuck you couldnt do with a synth like that. That shit would turn chron straight.
sounds like you just listed the specs of Synthmaster 2.5

wasnt aware synthmaster had a decent granular resynthesis,

might check it out