LiquidBoobs
LiquidShoes
LiquidFools
LiquidJewels
LiquidCruise
LiquidScrews
LiquidFuse
LiquidKangaroos

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 10:00:11 Reply

At 12/11/12 09:58 AM, Step wrote: LiquidMoose
LiquidBoobs
LiquidShoes
LiquidFools
LiquidJewels
LiquidCruise
LiquidScrews
LiquidFuse
LiquidKangaroos

Niiiiice. I could use these to name my future songs.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 10:21:30 Reply

I love myself.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 16:35:53 Reply

Xmas Shopping

Done! Hurrah.. now I'm practically flat broke again... Especially considering I got Omnisphere and took advantage of the "End of the world" sale imageline has going on right now and bought a couple things I was eyeing previously (Maximus and Groove Machine)... Couldn't resist... $45 for something that's usually nearly $200 I think is a deal I can't pass up.

... On the downside... I'm now flat broke, and now I'm eyeing an APC-40 and/or a Novation Launchpad...

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira \/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 16:53:17 Reply

At 12/11/12 04:35 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Xmas Shopping

... On the downside... I'm now flat broke, and now I'm eyeing an APC-40 and/or a Novation Launchpad...

Oh man... I know the feeling. I have been passing up great sales on production tools recently due to no income, and I've still got quite a bit of Christmas shopping to do. And not to mention that January is my most social month of the year, which means most expensive!

Also, you mentioned Novation Launchpad, so I assume you're using Ableton Live. Push will be coming out soon, and it comes with Ableton Live 9. It is quite pricey though:

https://www.ableton.com/en/push/

If I was still a working man, I wouldn't hesitate to buy that beast when it gets released.

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 17:07:19 Reply

At 12/11/12 12:54 AM, Nav wrote:
At 12/11/12 12:41 AM, Blackhole12 wrote: I'm friends with Buoy now and I have no idea why.
Me too.

So he did spam send it to everyone in the Audio Forum. Knew it!

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 17:18:46 Reply

At 12/11/12 05:07 PM, JJM121 wrote: So he did spam send it to everyone in the Audio Forum. Knew it!

you are nowhere near guessing the sheer scale of my friendwhoring project

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 17:44:56 Reply

At 12/11/12 04:53 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Also, you mentioned Novation Launchpad, so I assume you're using Ableton Live. Push will be coming out soon, and it comes with Ableton Live 9. It is quite pricey though:

https://www.ableton.com/en/push/

If I was still a working man, I wouldn't hesitate to buy that beast when it gets released.

Actually, no, I'm using FL Studio, but the Launchpad apparently works just as well with that, and I'd really like to get into the performance mode of FL Studio, cause just writing gets kind of stale after a while, every once in a while, I'd like to slap down some melodies/bass lines and such and just go to town live, which is kind of difficult with a no bling midi keyboard and a mouse.

Although I did get Ableton Live Lite with my midi keyboard, I've never actually given it a try though... and if I understand right, the APC-40 comes with Ableton, so even if I don't end up getting the launchpad, I'll get ableton with the APC and then I'll have a new DAW to play around with as well.

Audio/BBS Mod News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira \/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 19:22:25 Reply

At 12/11/12 05:44 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Although I did get Ableton Live Lite with my midi keyboard, I've never actually given it a try though... and if I understand right, the APC-40 comes with Ableton, so even if I don't end up getting the launchpad, I'll get ableton with the APC and then I'll have a new DAW to play around with as well.

I had Live Lite for like a year before I gave it a fair go. It came with my M-Audio sound card.

If the APC-40 comes with Ableton Live, you're better off waiting for Live 9 to be released. Hopefully Live 9 will come with it.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 19:39:50 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:22 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 12/11/12 05:44 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Although I did get Ableton Live Lite with my midi keyboard, I've never actually given it a try though... and if I understand right, the APC-40 comes with Ableton, so even if I don't end up getting the launchpad, I'll get ableton with the APC and then I'll have a new DAW to play around with as well.
I had Live Lite for like a year before I gave it a fair go. It came with my M-Audio sound card.

If the APC-40 comes with Ableton Live, you're better off waiting for Live 9 to be released. Hopefully Live 9 will come with it.

Well, I can't afford it right now anyways... because Christmas... And there are other things I need to spend my next paycheck or two on anyways before I can afford to spend anything else on myself. Who knows, maybe live 9 will be out by then.

But I'm curious, are you saying that Ableton doesn't offer free updates? Because if that's the case, I can't see myself being too fond of it.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 19:56:56 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:39 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: But I'm curious, are you saying that Ableton doesn't offer free updates? Because if that's the case, I can't see myself being too fond of it.

Pretty sure you get free updates for your current version i.e. if you purchase Live 8, you will get Live 8.4 etc as a free upgrade, but Live 8 purchasers don't get free updates to Live 9. I think a discount is warranted though.

Don't see how it's too much of a big deal... I mean, updates only come out so often, and it's the actual DAW and how it fits your preference that matters. Live 8 will be better than FL Studio (or any other DAW I've tried) for me for a long, long time.

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-11 22:00:04 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:56 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 12/11/12 07:39 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: But I'm curious, are you saying that Ableton doesn't offer free updates? Because if that's the case, I can't see myself being too fond of it.
Pretty sure you get free updates for your current version i.e. if you purchase Live 8, you will get Live 8.4 etc as a free upgrade, but Live 8 purchasers don't get free updates to Live 9. I think a discount is warranted though.

Don't see how it's too much of a big deal... I mean, updates only come out so often, and it's the actual DAW and how it fits your preference that matters. Live 8 will be better than FL Studio (or any other DAW I've tried) for me for a long, long time.

As a comparison, there are still professional artists who use Photoshop CS2 for digital painting as the program still serves its intended function well enough for them to create professional-quality work.

(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 00:03:37 Reply

At 12/11/12 07:56 PM, The-iMortal wrote:

I still use FL studio 8 for slightly more creative stuff.. while I use Ableton Live 8 for trance/house music.

in other news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq5U7IiWPoY&feature=plcp I parodied a minecraft let's play, lol.

in other other news

I met a girl yesterday. after an hour or so of talking with her and others I gave her a back rub (she took the hint which is why gave one) and then she gave me her number. I text her, she responded. She told me before she left that if she doesn't respond, she's probably at work. and she kept to her word!

she's into music and such. quite excited to see what's coming up next...

I asked if she'd like to chill after her exams but she has plans with friends. We'll do something over the break though... :)

lel

SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 00:27:29 Reply

At 12/12/12 12:03 AM, Sequenced wrote: in other other news

Go you. Ladies' man over here. Stick it in her yet?

(._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 01:06:20 Reply

Who wants to collab with me on a track to submit to Newgrounds and Soundcloud? My alias under which I submit my best work will be revealed to you (after the project is done) for you to either praise or mock. The choice will be yours. >:)

First person to PM me is in. Electronic music only.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 01:39:38 Reply

At 12/12/12 01:06 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Who wants to collab with me on a track to submit to Newgrounds and Soundcloud? My alias under which I submit my best work will be revealed to you (after the project is done) for you to either praise or mock. The choice will be yours. >:)

First person to PM me is in. Electronic music only.

Maybe I'll give you a shout after I get omnisphere... It's on it's way here as I type... ;3

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 01:47:21 Reply

At 12/12/12 01:39 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Maybe I'll give you a shout after I get omnisphere... It's on it's way here as I type... ;3

Yoshii343 beat ya to it and we're gonna make awesomeness!

Ain't that right, Yoshii?

...Yoshii...?

YOSHIIIIII?!

Perhaps afterwards though, BFP!

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 02:01:56 Reply

At 12/12/12 01:47 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Yoshii343 beat ya to it and we're gonna make awesomeness!

...Yoshii...?

YOSHIIIIII?!

I hear ya, Mortal-Man. We gon' paint the town red. With our (hopefully not sub-par) music.

No hard feelings, Brogatory
besides my cock
huehuehuehue
Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 05:59:06 Reply

Wow... havent been here in a while...

So whats up whit the social thing? When did this happen??

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 06:32:53 Reply

At 12/12/12 05:59 AM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Wow... havent been here in a while...

late monday, I believe?

Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 08:11:07 Reply

At 12/12/12 06:32 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 12/12/12 05:59 AM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Wow... havent been here in a while...

late monday, I believe?

Quite so.

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 12:08:54 Reply

Did we just lose 2 more pages? Who the hell deleted his account this time?

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 12:10:31 Reply

At 12/12/12 12:08 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Did we just lose 2 more pages? Who the hell deleted his account this time?

I did. I apologise deeply for the inconvenience caused.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 12:14:13 Reply

At 12/12/12 12:08 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Did we just lose 2 more pages? Who the hell deleted his account this time?

aren't you glad I didn't say banana?

lel

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 16:26:28 Reply

At 12/12/12 01:47 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 12/12/12 01:39 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Maybe I'll give you a shout after I get omnisphere... It's on it's way here as I type... ;3
Yoshii343 beat ya to it and we're gonna make awesomeness!

...Yoshii...?

YOSHIIIIII?!

We can't be friends anymore.

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 16:32:13 Reply

Great! Now we got 959 more pages to go till 2,000!

At 12/12/12 04:26 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
We can't be friends anymore.

...FINE!

*cries in corner*
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 16:50:50 Reply

Apparantly, all my posts got nuked. Seems obvious, eh?

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 18:43:06 Reply

FL Studio's Performance Mode

So... I just tried out Performance Mode for the first time with a trance song I'm working on... it's actually a lot of fun, could see a lot of good coming from it just playing around with clips like that.

Too bad it's a real pain in the ass to control everything using my M-Audio Keystation 88es, everything's so far apart, I unfortunately cannot reach from C1 to G#2 with a single hand... and the other hand was busy triggering the melodies.

... Now I want my trigger pads even more...

BBS Signature
WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 19:25:46 Reply

Very funny, guys.

I thought it was a good idea and I'm still not convinced otherwise.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-12 19:26:58 Reply

At 12/12/12 07:25 PM, WizMystery wrote: Very funny, guys.

I thought it was a good idea and I'm still not convinced otherwise.

That's how the cookie crumbles.

BBS Signature