00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pqndabear34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,791,408 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-08 05:39:39

Hey. Guys. I recall there being a topic for requesting instrumentalist work. I think. Maybe. Or maybe my memory is being all fuzzy.

Is that thing not around anymore?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-08 07:55:51

At 11/8/13 05:39 AM, uint wrote: Hey. Guys. I recall there being a topic for requesting instrumentalist work. I think. Maybe. Or maybe my memory is being all fuzzy.

Is that thing not around anymore?

Nope, still around!

At 11/7/13 06:35 PM, CeeeX wrote: Oh my jeebees, how did you even prefer those 3 over EWQL Silk?!

Man, it was so tough to decide! At first I wanted to go for the whole set of Hollywood instruments - Hollywood Strings, Brass and Orchestral Woodwinds. I saw that it was a tad bit over my budget, so I decided to choose a cheaper VST to take the place of one of those Hollywood ones. Eventually, due to the fact that both Ra and Symphonic Orchestra Silver have some pretty sweet woodwinds already, I decided to ditch the Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds.

Then, to replace Orch. Woodwinds, it was a choice between The Dark Side, Ministry of Rock, Symphonic Choirs, Silk, Gypsy, Fab Four, Pianos Gold, Voices of Passion, Spaces or Goliath (I already have Stormdrum 2 and Symphonic Orchestra). I have Omnisphere as a good alternative to The Dark Side, I've heard some pretty bad things about MoR, Goliath and Voices of Passion, Fab Four and Spaces aren't my kind of thing, and I've read that Choirs is a bit outdated, so it was down to Silk, Gypsy, and Pianos.

At first I was going to go for Gypsy because I've heard its incredible guitars and solo violin, but in the end I thought it was a bit limited in actual quantity of patches, so it was finally down to Silk and Pianos. I chose Pianos for various reasons. I reasoned that since I already have Ra, I might not use Silk as much. Plus, I had been using the same Steinway B piano sample from Symphonic Orchestra for like three years, haha. Couple that with all the praise that Pianos Gold is given practically all over the internet and the fact that I use piano a lot in my tracks, and in the end I decided to go with Pianos.

If I ever get another East/West VST, would you recommend Silk to be at the top of the shopping list?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-08 08:06:01

At 11/8/13 07:55 AM, Step wrote:

If I ever get another East/West VST, would you recommend Silk to be at the top of the shopping list?

I am in dire need in a very good VST that can mimick asian instruments masterfully.

RA does indeed have the instruments, but the asian instruments Silk sounds WAY better than RA.
You should make a comparison between the Erhu from RA and the one from Silk. There is a huge difference in quality.

Everybody has their own personal preferences, I mean you have probably your own priority in picking VSTs, so yes....
any recommendations?
It's hard to tell you, but I'd love to have good quality asian instruments ;)

My soundtracks, your imagination

SETTLE IT! IN SMASH!

My Youtube channel

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-08 12:08:19

At 11/8/13 05:05 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 11/7/13 01:23 PM, CeeeX wrote:

Sounds like a new form of "house" music
don't forget the all knowing apartment music! !!

I prefer the more underground sound of basement music.

WHAHAHA

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-08 15:13:23

At 11/8/13 12:08 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:

Chamber music?

6.000th post

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-08 20:37:14

Are you guys scoring movie soundtracks or something?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 01:06:39

At 11/8/13 08:37 PM, SolidElectro wrote: Are you guys scoring movie soundtracks or something?

Yes... My name is Hanz Simmer. Bow down before me.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 01:24:50

At 11/8/13 08:37 PM, SolidElectro wrote: Are you guys scoring movie soundtracks or something?

Perhaps.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 04:35:28

At 11/8/13 12:08 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 11/8/13 05:05 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 11/7/13 01:23 PM, CeeeX wrote:

Sounds like a new form of "house" music
don't forget the all knowing apartment music! !!

WHAHAHA

I love me some kitchen housen music!

My soundtracks, your imagination

SETTLE IT! IN SMASH!

My Youtube channel

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 08:00:46

Month 3 of No Studio Computer

I want to write orchestral music so bad I started recording songs on yamaha keyboards at my work. Used up all 5 user song spaces on all 9 keyboards we have out that can record. I guess moving on to the korg keyboards now. The sounds on them suck so hard.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 08:14:01

Man, I love the Hoover bass/lead. IT'S JUST FEELS SO GRITTY (not as gritty as the shit you hear in today's dubstep, and that's a good thing) AND FULL OF EDGE

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 08:15:30

At 11/9/13 08:14 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Man, I love the Hoover bass/lead. IT'S JUST FEELS SO GRITTY (not as gritty as the shit you hear in today's dubstep, and that's a good thing) AND FULL OF EDGE

But its so distinctive. I find it hard to do anything with it and come out feeling original.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 08:18:44

At 11/9/13 08:15 AM, Breed wrote:
At 11/9/13 08:14 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Man, I love the Hoover bass/lead. IT'S JUST FEELS SO GRITTY (not as gritty as the shit you hear in today's dubstep, and that's a good thing) AND FULL OF EDGE
But its so distinctive. I find it hard to do anything with it and come out feeling original.

Perhaps...I guess it's one of those synths where it's best if you use it sparingly.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 17:01:34

At 11/9/13 08:15 AM, Breed wrote:

Whenever I hear hoovers I find it hard to believe that it's not sampled from other songs because they all sound the same.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-09 22:12:23

so who wants to go see mat zo with me

in nyc

dec 20th

look it up

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-11 22:42:20

At 11/9/13 05:01 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Whenever I hear hoovers I find it hard to believe that it's not sampled from other songs because they all sound the same.

yeah that's pretty much the point of the hoover, and yeah they're probably more or less sampled from the same source.

but that's ok

hoovers are sick

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-11 23:43:02

Droppin' in to say hello to everyone!
Hello.
Deed done!

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-11 23:47:44

At 11/11/13 10:31 PM, Remorph wrote: 'Sup, random blokes of NG?

Anyone go on long streaks of song creating sometimes? That happened to me a week ago. The Muse sure was hitting on me! Hahaha...

How awkward.

I do that whenever I make any song haha
I have to work continuously on one project so I don't lose the idea. If I don't get it done in one sit in, it will take me forever to finish the project lol

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-12 07:57:52

At 11/9/13 10:12 PM, Sequenced wrote: so who wants to go see mat zo with me

look it up

I tried and all I got was unleavened bread. Are you jewish?

At 11/11/13 10:31 PM, Remorph wrote: 'Sup, random blokes of NG?

Anyone go on long streaks of song creating sometimes? That happened to me a week ago. The Muse sure was hitting on me! Hahaha...

How awkward.

You think that's awkward? Watch A PRO...

The first time I went to an orgy I had sex with FIVE DUDES. @sequenced it was in NYC and they're having it again on the 22nd. I'd invite you but I'm not sure if you'd want to go. Mat zo will not be there :/

At 11/11/13 11:43 PM, AnalogByNature wrote: Droppin' in to say hello to everyone!
Hello.
Deed done!

Hello. Welcome to the audio forum! Do you need help finding anything or have any questions? ASK HERE FIRST!!! Then, after the regs shoot you down and make you feel like crap, write a song about it and tell us all about it in the advertisements thread!!

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-12 21:39:44

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-12 22:57:03

At 11/12/13 09:39 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: It's about time we talked about weird instrument shit.

Oh man, impressive stuff, this guy sure as hell knows what he's doing. Bookmarked.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-12 23:44:32

At 11/4/13 09:55 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
There's actually only about 125,000 KM on it (About 77,700 miles for you silly people).

haha, ya'll used to be "silly" like us until '82. So the imperial system's not perfect, yes, but it is a shame it was forced upon yourselves.

Until I read your post, I hadn't a clue that odometers elsewhere used KM, especially next door.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-13 08:02:33

3 Months No Studio Comp Coming to an END

Its been weird and crazy but after 3 months I've finally mustard up the funds to fix the fucking computer. The PSU went out and took the mobo with it. Funny part is I've been offered enough gigs in these last 3 months to pay for my comp repair like 5 times over....but catch 22 on that motherfucker. Cant do the gigs without the computer.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-14 08:26:24

At 11/13/13 11:11 PM, Remorph wrote:
I've been here before, I know how NG works. I'm not the scrub of noobland.

Damn. Couldn't you at least play along for a minute? Give me a chance to chastise you for putting advertisements in the wrong place such as my mail box?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-14 15:34:02

I believe he was directing that to us.
Personally, I've been on NG since the assassin/scrotum the puppy days, but as a band, we've just registered early this past year.
Thanks for looking out for us, though!

Loves,
the AXN guys

Free albums every month! Use our stuff in your stuff! Contact us if you need music, voice over, or artwork for your submissions! Our Profile and here's Our Song Library

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-14 17:00:53

Sup, just stealing the 35000th post on the Lounge.

That is all, resume whatever else you were doing.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-14 17:05:23

At 11/14/13 04:21 PM, Remorph wrote:
At 11/14/13 08:26 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 11/13/13 11:11 PM, Remorph wrote:
I've been here before, I know how NG works. I'm not the scrub of noobland.
Damn. Couldn't you at least play along for a minute? Give me a chance to chastise you for putting advertisements in the wrong place such as my mail box?
...But I didn't...

Relevant.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-14 19:04:16

At 11/14/13 04:21 PM, Remorph wrote:
...But I didn't...

But you COULD have. See what I'm getting at? You had a chance to pull my pants down. A chance to make a fool of me. Unfortunately that chance has come and gone. Now no one will know a world in which Quarl was utterly and completely humiliated by a young man named Remorph. I forsake this existence because life has lost all meaning. I will throw myself off a cliff and as I fall I'll scream out your name only to hear the whisper of wind dragging through my hair. When my body hits the rocks below, each bone that breaks will symbolize the bond that we once had shattering into a million fragments. You had your chance Remorph. It is gone now. Your life will go on but you'll always look back on this moment with somber regret. The joy we could have shared. The life we could have carved out together.

Remorph... I... I'm pregnant.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-15 01:14:39

At 11/14/13 11:28 PM, Remorph wrote:
This is the strangest joke I have ever been a part of.

That's a hell of a way to avoid your responsibility as a father. I'll write that one down for the next time I impregnate someone by accident.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-11-16 09:53:25

At 11/16/13 07:57 AM, LichLordMusic wrote:
At 11/13/13 04:28 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Just order a pair of ADAM A5X's for a Saturday delivery, So exited!
Guess what turned up everyone.

Nice man!

You running a sub with those? If you arent and need one, I'd suggest either the yamaha hs10w for 400 bucks, or the better of the two adam subs for like 1250 bucks.

Either way I love the Adams, they are workhorses. Good for long nights in the studio with those ribbon tweeters.