00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cdhoeh0112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,791,551 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 01:01:28

At 8/24/13 12:48 AM, Breed wrote:
Its a mystery to me that so many people just want to numb their senses and focus in on stupid random unimportant shit when the world is so full of important, amazing, and bizarre subjects.

I think you'll like my long life friends (known them since I was 8). we sometimes talk about cool science shit

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 01:19:26

At 8/24/13 01:01 AM, Sequenced wrote: science shit

Science and technology and the future of it may only be one example, but currently that alone is one of the most vast and inspiring and awestriking topics of humankind ever.

Artificial Intelligence
Robotics
Nano Technology
Quantum Computing
Biotechnology
Mechanical Innovation
etc...etc....

Politics and International Relations and the future of that is both terrifying and wonderfully inspiring.

And hell, if your brain hurts that makes sense too. Smoke some weed and write some music, or go for a bike ride or hike, or do some sort of hobby....shit I spent like 2 months learning and practicing knitting once.

The point is people focus on cultural fads of stupidity. I dont know what influenced this mass disinterest of the world, but drinking games, hollywood actors, top 40 music, dancing, and sex are all things that could be focused on in a much more enthusiastic, enjoyable, intellectual, and productive way.

And yet all these get pushed into a mediocre cluster fuck pile of social formalities represented in the form of singular fun.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 02:54:04

At 8/24/13 01:19 AM, Breed wrote: Stuffs

Ok Holden.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 02:58:30

At 8/24/13 02:54 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 8/24/13 01:19 AM, Breed wrote: Stuffs
Ok Holden.

I'll chew your fat buddy

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 03:13:02

At 8/24/13 02:58 AM, Breed wrote: I'll chew your fat buddy

Not if I chew it first.

Nyham nyamm... unghh *other chewing noise*

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 04:25:26

At 8/24/13 03:13 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 8/24/13 02:58 AM, Breed wrote: I'll chew your fat buddy
Not if I chew it first.

Nyham nyamm... unghh *other chewing noise*

omnomnom

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 07:19:20

I just realized that my local cybercafe/printing services company also has a car wash branch.

in other related news, I think I might hate my family.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 10:07:32

At 8/24/13 01:19 AM, Breed wrote:
And yet all these get pushed into a mediocre cluster fuck pile of social formalities represented in the form of singular fun.

strangely enough, I love learning about those topics (and math to). but when I get a really shitty teacher, I do shit in her class.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 10:14:10

Aw yis

Spent some money on recording gear for the first time. Gone are the days where the best microphone I have in the house is a shitty webcam microphone.

That's a Zoom H2n

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 10:16:13

At 8/24/13 10:14 AM, Mich wrote:
That's a Zoom H2n

A sideways Zoom H2n no less. Apologies.

Apologies including apologies for double post

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 10:22:28

That's a Zoom H2n

Cool I got one 4 years ago, but it looks completely different. I suppose they redesigned it

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 12:54:31

At 8/23/13 11:55 PM, Breed wrote: How many woman actually dont like going out and drinkin and dancing and stuff?

And a better question, why do I hate it so much?

Probably the same reason i hate it; its required to lower your intelligence through alcohol to sit through it to begin with.
Its a small room in wich you are surrounded by noise so loud its impossible to actually hear what its from (wich is why people start yelling into your ears, and you still cant understand them) And as cherry on the pie everyone is only there to get laid.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 13:17:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3WPGxfMrC4&feature=youtu.be

one of the songs my band is doing.

absolutely love this song.

(I'm the ginger on the right with the sax if you wanna know where I am. he pans over sometimes).

I also think I sing too loud cuz I hear myself in this LOL

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 14:37:09

At 8/24/13 01:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3WPGxfMrC4&feature=youtu.be

one of the songs my band is doing.

Is the conductor any help to you?
I've never really gotten the importance of a conductor. Most of the times i'll say he/she's useless, but then again that is an uniformed opinion blurted out without actually having done any research on the subject.
So i ask you, Sequenced, as an actual member of an orchestra/band/thing.. how important is the conductor to you? And if he's not important to you, is he important to other members of your band?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 15:39:09

At 8/24/13 02:37 PM, FairSquare wrote:
So i ask you, Sequenced, as an actual member of an orchestra/band/thing.. how important is the conductor to you? And if he's not important to you, is he important to other members of your band?

sometimes people may lose count or lose track of their cue, and the conductor is the one who remembers them and signals a certain group when to come in.

he is there just to make sure that disaster doesn't happen

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 17:07:19

At 8/24/13 03:39 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 8/24/13 02:37 PM, FairSquare wrote:
sometimes people may lose count or lose track of their cue, and the conductor is the one who remembers them and signals a certain group when to come in.

he is there just to make sure that disaster doesn't happen

So he's just like a .. back up.
There's this really famous Dutch conductor who gets loads of praise and shit and works with all these top of the bill orchestra's.. while he's actually just back up? Does he deserve all the praise?
And to me, it would seem that leading a really really good orchestra is easier than leading a mediocre one, so conductors leading mediocre orchestra's should get more praise..

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 17:12:25

At 8/24/13 05:07 PM, FairSquare wrote:
And to me, it would seem that leading a really really good orchestra is easier than leading a mediocre one, so conductors leading mediocre orchestra's should get more praise..

here's the thing. When you're playing in an orchestra or something similar, you can't hear everything all together very well.

the conductor is in a position where he can hear all the sections quite well and can pick out things that need to be worked on. without him, the group would never improve really

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 17:18:45

At 8/24/13 02:37 PM, FairSquare wrote: Is the conductor any help to you?

Conductors basically a live, analogue mixer. Keeps timing and levels in check so the performance is together.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 18:19:50

Thanks guys. I now feel a little more knowledgable about this subject.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 18:51:30

At 8/24/13 06:19 PM, FairSquare wrote: Thanks guys. I now feel a little more knowledgable about this subject.

glad we could help.

funny thing though, without Newgrounds I probably won't know as much as I would now if I hadn't start going on regularly.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 22:02:05

My song is not anywhere near as awesome as I wanted it to be because my CPU can't handle all those play_VSTs being bloated pieces of fucking shit, which is even more infuriating because I'm a programmer and I could explain to those fucking idiots exactly what they're doing wrong and how to fix it.

But no, they can't hire anyone who can code worth a damn.

Fucking stupid piece of shit.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-24 23:52:41

At 8/24/13 10:02 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: my CPU can't handle all those play_VSTs being bloated pieces of fucking shit,

Yeah, PLAY blows. Time for you to get LASS :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-25 00:09:31

At 8/24/13 11:52 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 8/24/13 10:02 PM, Blackhole12 wrote: my CPU can't handle all those play_VSTs being bloated pieces of fucking shit,
Yeah, PLAY blows. Time for you to get LASS :P

If I shat money, maybe, except it requires Kontact, and I don't think the free version counts. Also Kontact has it's own bloat problems, it's just that almost anything will look good in comparison to PLAY. I got the EWQL samples 50% off for just $250 and even that was seriously pushing my budget limitations.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-25 03:23:49

Speaking of East West.

My EW libraries take up 660gb and its all on a 7200rpm hdd.

I have to drop like 500-800 bucks to get an SSD big enough for it. Thats more than a hollywood pack cost. And apparently I'm an idiot and need to spent a couple hundred bucks more to replace my RAM with a 32gb set up (using 2x4gb currently).

fffffffffffffffffffffff............

Do music expenses ever end?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-25 04:05:20

As far as I know, FLAC is extremely fast to decode regardless of the encoding compression ratio, which makes me wonder what the CPU cost of simply using 24-bit FLAC files instead of wavs would be.

On average, FLAC seems to reduce filesize by about 25%. With 660 gigs of samples, that would free up 165 gigs, reducing your collection to 495 gigs, which is a substantial reduction in size.

Given how shitty most samplers are, and the fact that the vast majority of them are bottlenecked by memory and not CPU, this seems like it could work. It would reduce disk usage, reduce loading times, and have zero impact on quality (since FLAC is lossless).

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS INDUSTRY?!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-25 06:07:33

Broke my toe

For the first time in my almost 20-year-long existence on this planet I've broken something: my big left toe. Unfortunately I've got nothing to brag about, the fracture is so small I don't even need tape or anything. And yes, obviously, I was completely wasted when it happened.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-25 07:31:01

At 8/24/13 10:22 AM, SineRider wrote:
That's a Zoom H2n
Cool I got one 4 years ago, but it looks completely different. I suppose they redesigned it

I think I recall you getting that one vaguely. I think the "n" in the model name stands for "next generation" or something.

I'm really happy with it so far.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-25 11:41:38

At 8/25/13 07:31 AM, Mich wrote: I'm really happy with it so far.

H2N is legit. If you ever get really into field recording you can save some dinero by getting just a field mixer to go to the line in on it instead of buying a whole upgraded unit.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-26 08:25:43

Love my DR-40.

Actually on my second one. Someone decided to help themselves to the one i was using at an event last year.

I think there's a special place in hell set aside for people who don't return the SD card to the rightful owner.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-08-26 14:20:38

At 8/24/13 12:48 AM, Breed wrote:
At 8/24/13 12:33 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 8/23/13 11:55 PM, Breed wrote: How many woman actually dont like going out and drinkin and dancing and stuff?

And a better question, why do I hate it so much?
you must be an introvert

like me :D:D
But I'm not. I'm very extrovert. I just hate cliches.

Why not gather with people and do something productive? or at least discuss something intellectual?

Its a mystery to me that so many people just want to numb their senses and focus in on stupid random unimportant shit when the world is so full of important, amazing, and bizarre subjects.

Drinking...and dancing...what's that?

((Yeah, agreed. I hate it too. Then again their reasons are different because their lives are different...and shit))

I am also an introvert. Being surrounded by people is exhausting, bah

*will never get a boyfriend at this rate*
*does not care*