00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

dreamygf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Meat Boy coming to the Wii?

1,189 Views | 25 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 20:57:43

This is too good to be true! It appears as if the Great Newgrounds movement has begun. Now, we'll just have to wait on a Fancy Pants, SCGMD, and Madness Regent console ports.

Here is the link to official website.
Here's the link to the blog post :)

I can't freaking wait!

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 21:00:05

At 1/21/09 08:57 PM, ThePortalGuru wrote: This is too good to be true! It appears as if the Great Newgrounds movement has begun. Now, we'll just have to wait on a Fancy Pants, SCGMD, and Madness Regent console ports.

I can't freaking wait!

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 21:02:40

At 1/21/09 08:59 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Wasn't there a website that was dedicated to being able to play flash games like IndestructoTank on the Wii?

Miniclip.com/wii/en
you need the browser.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 21:03:05

At 1/21/09 08:59 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Wasn't there a website that was dedicated to being able to play flash games like IndestructoTank on the Wii?

Yes, but I believe that this version has updated graphics, music, and levels, so I don't think I think I'll just stick to playing the flash version on Newgrounds

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 21:04:59

Seems a lot more like the kind of game that works better as a flash game.

But I don't have a Wii so I don't have much to contribute anyway.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 21:06:05

At 1/21/09 09:03 PM, ThePortalGuru wrote:
Yes, but I believe that this version has updated graphics, music, and levels, so I don't think I think I'll just stick to playing the flash version on Newgrounds

Here's the flash version of Newgrounds.
If its coming out for WiiWare, I might get it, but as for Defend Your Castle...

Xbox Live Gamertag: GasMaskedMonkey

Brawl Code: 2922-0254-4856

MK Wii Code: 4640-0123-8303

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 21:57:20

At 1/21/09 09:06 PM, burrito15 wrote: but as for Defend Your Castle...

Don't get it. It has an new appealing look, but it's the same game and even more tiring for your wrist.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 22:41:51

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.

Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 22:43:14

As long as it's a good price. It's obviously on WiiWare, so between 5-15...
I think it will be good. This is the second NG game on a platform now... PROGRESS!
But do you think it will be rated M? Probably T

/

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 23:43:20

At 1/21/09 08:57 PM, ThePortalGuru wrote: This is too good to be true! It appears as if the Great Newgrounds movement has begun. Now, we'll just have to wait on a Fancy Pants, SCGMD, and Madness Regent console ports.

I can't freaking wait!

I know this dude actually went on /v/ to talk about it and I happened to find the thread, I asked him if it would be on steam and if you could make levels and put them online and all, he answered yes to both questions.

I also proposed a multiplayer mode similar to Trackmania where you cant affect other players but still can see fails and the one that does the best time wins.

He said maybe, he wanted to add special slow-mo powers but he said maybe some special maps would be made because it wouldnt work in multiplayer.

It was nice.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-21 23:47:51

At 1/21/09 10:41 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: Here is a game that actually matters.

The WiiWare version of Cave Story features all-new music rearranged by Yann van der Cruyssen. He's worked with Nicklas (Nygren) in the past and we've really liked working with him. We've paid very close attention to stay as faithful as possible to the original music. Each track is passed off while in-progress state to Amaya so that he can review and approve it.

naw sounds like generic crappy music.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 00:13:26

At 1/21/09 11:47 PM, iscrulz wrote:
At 1/21/09 10:41 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote: Here is a game that actually matters.
The WiiWare version of Cave Story features all-new music rearranged by Yann van der Cruyssen. He's worked with Nicklas (Nygren) in the past and we've really liked working with him. We've paid very close attention to stay as faithful as possible to the original music. Each track is passed off while in-progress state to Amaya so that he can review and approve it.

naw sounds like generic crappy music.

Actually, Cave Story is another title that I'm extremely excited about. I think the musical a graphical updates were needed for the Wii translation. I do not, however, agree with the changes they made to the "On To Grasstown" soundtrack. Luckily, you'll have the option to play with the new or original soundtracks in the game, or mix up which soundtracks play where. THIS I am excited about.

But still, Meat Boy is a great game, I think it will be a great Wiiware title as well. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 01:13:55

I'v never heard of it.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 10:56:12

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 3241
Why don't you try it first, then?

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 11:38:15

I asked him if it would be disc only and will it be released on XBL arcade, he said:

''the demo will be on disc (like gish) but super meat boy wont be done for a while and i doubt i will reprint the cd again after the next reprinting for about a year.

and we are deving the game for Pc/Mac and an unnamed console.''

After seeing this topic I'm guessing the 'unnamed console' is the Wii.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 13:03:04

At 1/22/09 11:38 AM, JaY11 wrote: I asked him if it would be disc only and will it be released on XBL arcade, he said:

''the demo will be on disc (like gish) but super meat boy wont be done for a while and i doubt i will reprint the cd again after the next reprinting for about a year.

Weird because he said to me that he only wanted to release a digital version.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 13:05:09

At 1/22/09 11:38 AM, JaY11 wrote: I asked him if it would be disc only and will it be released on XBL arcade, he said:

and we are deving the game for Pc/Mac and an unnamed console.''

After seeing this topic I'm guessing the 'unnamed console' is the Wii.

Well, on the official website it did say it was coming for Wiiware. Maybe another secret console...

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 19:17:21

First off i dont remember talking to any of you guys and have no idea where you got the info you posted :)

Officially:
-Super Meat Boy will come out on Wiiware and PC before 2010

-The PC release will initially be digital, but i will be releasing a special indie edition in the same way i released my TIACFH cd.

-We might do a retail release for PC/Mac after its Wiiware release, but thats not set in stone.

-SMB will feature a VS mode where the players can interact, and the person in the lead will control the scroll of the level.

-SMB will feature 100+ levels not featured in the flash version.

-None of the art/programming/endings of the flash version will be featured in the Wiiware version, SMB will be remade from the ground up with all the bells and whistles you would expect from any "good" wiiware title.

-SMB will feature boss fights

-We hope to release a level editor, for the wii version but again thats not set in stone.

tell me if you have any more questions
-Edmund

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 19:34:20

At 1/22/09 07:17 PM, Bluebaby wrote: First off i dont remember talking to any of you guys and have no idea where you got the info you posted :)

Officially:
-Super Meat Boy will come out on Wiiware and PC before 2010

-The PC release will initially be digital, but i will be releasing a special indie edition in the same way i released my TIACFH cd.

-We might do a retail release for PC/Mac after its Wiiware release, but thats not set in stone.

-SMB will feature a VS mode where the players can interact, and the person in the lead will control the scroll of the level.

-SMB will feature 100+ levels not featured in the flash version.

-None of the art/programming/endings of the flash version will be featured in the Wiiware version, SMB will be remade from the ground up with all the bells and whistles you would expect from any "good" wiiware title.

-SMB will feature boss fights

-We hope to release a level editor, for the wii version but again thats not set in stone.

-Edmund

Thanks for keeping us posted, Edmund! I got the info, in fact, from a blog update on Indiegames.com. But wow! It sounds like an excellent game in the making! Good luck on your ventures with the Wii! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 21:33:32

At 1/22/09 07:17 PM, Bluebaby wrote: First off i dont remember talking to any of you guys and have no idea where you got the info you posted :)

Well, or you DID make a thread about your game on /v/ or someone impersonated you.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 22:20:28

At 1/22/09 09:33 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
Well, or you DID make a thread about your game on /v/ or someone impersonated you.

wanst me

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-01-22 22:57:02

At 1/22/09 10:20 PM, Bluebaby wrote:
At 1/22/09 09:33 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
wanst me

Maybe it was Jonathan.

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-02-05 20:12:22

At 1/22/09 07:17 PM, Bluebaby wrote:
-Edmund

Yeah, actually I want to know cost and I want to know why I should use my hard-earned Wii points to buy your game. (Not trying to be a douche, but it's nice to hear a creator talk about their games.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-02-05 20:19:33

At 1/22/09 01:05 PM, ThePortalGuru wrote:
At 1/22/09 11:38 AM, JaY11 wrote:
Well, on the official website it did say it was coming for Wiiware. Maybe another secret console...

As long as Super Meat Boy eventually comes out for the Xbox 360 Arcade, I don't care!!!

And finally SMB will no longer just mean Super Mario Bros....

Ezekiel 25:69

: "He masturbated with great vengence and furious anger, striking those who

: attempted to poison and destroy his unit..."

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-02-05 20:25:14

At 1/22/09 10:57 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: Maybe it was Jonathan.

It was.
I was in the original thread too, or at least the one that came out before the NG release. It was at midnight or something. Also, he made more threads than just that one. He made the one announcing it was coming out for the Wii.

Funny thing was he dodged every question about Newgrounds. But it does make sense there.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Meat Boy coming to the Wii? 2009-02-05 20:29:33

I'm not surprised! A lot of internet-based games are coming onto the WiiWare these days! Don't forget Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People!

BBS Signature