00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Callipsio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kamusaki sketch book

4,178 Views | 64 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-18 21:59:23

just wanted to show off some of the sketches for the graphic novel i'm developing, here's the first one.

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-18 22:00:55

and here's another, also don't expect anything to fancy they're just sketches

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-18 22:23:07

and another one

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-19 12:18:42

and another one

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-19 12:31:42

You have a very messy art style, I'd work on that the most to be honest.

First sketch: This is what I said above really concerns, I can't particularly tell what is happening on it.

Second Sketch: I see a bleach resemblance here, its looking good though.

Third Sketch: Work on your shading in this piece. Consider where the light source is and work from that. Pretty cool lineart though.

Fourth Sketch: I like the concept of it... a lot. A conceptual drawing will always be cooler than one with no meaning whatsoever. I like this one ^_^.

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-19 18:33:30

At 1/19/09 12:31 PM, AutoTank wrote: You have a very messy art style, I'd work on that the most to be honest.

First sketch: This is what I said above really concerns, I can't particularly tell what is happening on it.

Second Sketch: I see a bleach resemblance here, its looking good though.

Third Sketch: Work on your shading in this piece. Consider where the light source is and work from that. Pretty cool lineart though.

Fourth Sketch: I like the concept of it... a lot. A conceptual drawing will always be cooler than one with no meaning whatsoever. I like this one ^_^.

Thank you! Yeah I know my art style is pretty messy, I do have to work on that but thanks for the other suggestions, I will put all that stuff you said into practice and most of all thank you for being honest! Here's another one just for the heck of it. This is a picture of the 2 main characters in my comic.

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 17:07:19

uuuuugghhghhh here's another one AGAIN... so lonely, so cold

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 17:57:18

At 1/23/09 05:07 PM, kamusaki wrote: uuuuugghhghhh here's another one AGAIN... so lonely, so cold

That pic is very very nice, it's not messy like the others, the lines are bolder so you can see the shape more (you obviously used a drawing pen or something), this style is nice.

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 18:06:25

your art style is WAY too messy first of all, i mean i cant really tell what some of that stuff is supppose to be.

im not a big fan of anime though but i know its really hard to do and right now your art seems kind of ameturish (at best) but keep up the practice and it might look better (eventually)

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 21:00:21

jesus, i guess i am pretty messy but hey once again thanks for being honest it's really all i'm lookin for here's another pic, this one's more on the light side

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 21:09:58

here's another one

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 21:14:27

this ones extremely messy, it's supposed to be 2 guys fighting

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 21:18:24

here's another one on the funny side, it's called seven sins

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 22:04:43

At 1/18/09 09:59 PM, kamusaki wrote: just wanted to show off some of the sketches for the graphic novel i'm developing, here's the first one.

Not another anime graphic novel!! >:C

MORE GRAPHIC NOVELS LIKE "My Life As A Foot" PLEASE!!?!

My Art ISU. Tell me what you think.

DeviantFart

YOU WANNA SEE SOME GOOD ART!? Well then you shouldn't click here.

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 22:12:20

At 1/23/09 09:09 PM, kamusaki wrote: here's another one

for some reason that mkes me think of quote from cave story.

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-23 22:21:27

vip me here

nice drawing come press it plz ^_^

i love them love your art XD

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-24 11:12:08

At 1/23/09 10:04 PM, fofizzle wrote:
At 1/18/09 09:59 PM, kamusaki wrote: just wanted to show off some of the sketches for the graphic novel i'm developing, here's the first one.
Not another anime graphic novel!! >:C

MORE GRAPHIC NOVELS LIKE "My Life As A Foot" PLEASE!!?!

yeah, i know don't worry though it isn't too traditional when it comes to the story. i try to make it different as possible from animes and mangas these days because most of them are pretty lame. Also i plan to study american comic book art and kinda fuse the two some how, i got some how to draw books from the library and i've also been trying to find some good books on anatomy and how to draw people and stuff. I think one of the main things that sets this comic apart from others is that the main character is hispanic. here's a picture in color. yah i know i suck at coloring something else i gotta work on. i don't like this one that much because he looks too boyish.

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-24 11:14:43

At 1/23/09 10:21 PM, nexusknight wrote: vip me here

nice drawing come press it plz ^_^

i love them love your art XD

thank you!

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-24 12:21:23

Good drawings.
A lil bit messy, I can't understand all the details, but it's pretty good.
Keep it up.

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-24 13:00:31

thanks again here's another picture, once again on the light side

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-24 14:20:15

wow, your really pounding through pieces of art here. Slow down. Take your time. There is no rush in art.

The angel is your best so far by the way.

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-24 16:50:26

At 1/24/09 02:20 PM, AutoTank wrote: wow, your really pounding through pieces of art here. Slow down. Take your time. There is no rush in art.

The angel is your best so far by the way.

thanks! and also i already drew all these a while ago i'm not drawing and submitting like crazy, it usually takes me longer to draw something. basically these are all predrawn so i guess you could say i'm only submitting like crazy. but i'll slow down anyways, the next one will outclass all of these i promise. i'll submit one more sketch and that's it, from now on i'll only submit something if i really think it's good enough. and one more thing, i really need a name for this guy down here, for some reason i can't come up with one. Thanks for the comments and advice everybody! They were all considered! in the next post i'll try my hardest so it doesn't look messy.

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-25 05:01:21

I do very much like this style. Sorry if i bumped.

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-25 16:59:23

At 1/25/09 05:01 AM, FridgeClock wrote:
I do very much like this style. Sorry if i bumped.

thanks again! and don't worry about it!

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-26 17:47:15

just finished another one, hope you guys like it better than the others, this time i shaded!

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-28 20:08:23

check this one out, i finished it today

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-01-31 12:44:00

here's a new one, it's colored

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-02-02 17:00:32

here's another little something

Kamusaki sketch book

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-02-02 17:10:41

duuuuuuuuuuude....DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR MESSY ART STYLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!......i think you got something there .... i see much potential for it...keep working on it....dont conform! that style will set you apart from other artists....who knows where you can take this...stick with it and you'll get noticed....

http://afilthycomic.thecomicseries.com/

Tetsuooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Kamusaki sketch book 2009-02-02 17:27:48

At 2/2/09 05:10 PM, daftcrunk wrote: duuuuuuuuuuude....DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR MESSY ART STYLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!......i think you got something there .... i see much potential for it...keep working on it....dont conform! that style will set you apart from other artists....who knows where you can take this...stick with it and you'll get noticed....

wow thank you! im glad you like the style! ok then ill keep the messiness, besides i totally agree with you i shouldn't conform. i always thought the messiness gave it a little spunk you know? but i have to admit some of my pictures are a little too messy though... but still once again thanks!

BBS Signature