00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OpSystemFilms just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest

506,753 Views | 1,639 Replies
Respond to this Topic

First thing's first - Renae started a new art contest. Everyone's welcome to join the fun, and there's prizes and stuff, too...so if you're quick with a pen, go draw your idea of a Perfect Pet! (Even if you're not quick with a pen, go have fun.)

Second thing's second - Street Fighter IV is coming Feb 17th! Being huge Street Fighter fans, we thought it'd be fun to celebrate the return of this legendary series with a lil' Flash collab (ala Metal Gear, for those unfamiliar with collabs)! Everyone is invited to Insert Coin(s) and Press Start, so if you wanna join us, read on...

TECHNICAL INFO (IMPORTANT)
- 720x480 stage / 30 FPS
- 15~30 seconds long(ish) SF gag/tribute/parody.
- Make sure your entire movie is inside a single movieclip on the main timeline. It's best to just make a movieclip from the get-go (something like 'MOVIE'), then centering it on the stage and animating your cartoon inside it.
- Make sure all of your symbols are named like: username_symbol. For example, I'd rename my 'hadoken' symbol to read 'stamper_hadoken'. This avoids overwrites when pasting to the final document.
- Extra task for those who submit...you'll need to include a drawing of a character from your piece for the selection screen. Follow this sad template for a better understanding of what we're looking for. You can just rip something outta your piece and clean it up, or draw a new one any way you want. You can include the final art in the same FLA as your cartoon (like on frame 2 or something), or just submit it as a separate FLA (or PSD, or whatever you draw it in.) Just make sure it relates to your submission piece, and if it's not a vector drawing, get us something high-res.

QUICK RULES/GUIDELINES (Better your chances for inclusion!)
- Humor/parody is a must, as always! Anything goes, so don't hold back.
- No sprite movies. That means DO NOT SUBMIT A SPRITE MOVIE. DON'T EVEN START ONE.
- Ken and Ryu aren't the only characters in Street Fighter. Click here to refresh your memory and get ideas! (Feel free to use any character(s) from the Street Fighter series up to IV, but try to avoid totally obscure games and characters - the whole EX series for example, and unpopular characters like Eagle, Lee, Maki, etc.)
- Try to avoid obscure references and inside jokes that very few people would understand. Parrying Ken's fingers can be funny, yeah, but only to 3% of the world.
- Dhalsim and Necro have stretchy limbs. While I agree that stretchy dicks are totally hilarious, get another idea. (Stretchy balls isn't another idea.) Okay fine, stretchy dicks is allowed.
- SPOTS ARE LIMITED THIS TIME AROUND, so put some effort into any piece you do for a better chances of inclusion!

SUBMIT IT
Before you submit anything, rename any files you send to include your username...something like username.fla, or username_SFCollab, or whatever. Send your final .FLA (not .SWF, your .FLA) to collabs@newgrounds.com - make sure the subject reads STREET FIGHTER COLLAB, and MAKE SURE to include your username, and any additional credits you wish to give (Audio Portal, voice actors, etc.) in the body of the mail.

I think the mailbox limit for incoming files is 20 MB, so if you bust that, use something like MediaFire or MegaUpload to get us your file...just include a link in the email with the rest of your info.

The deadline is February 10th, a little over a month away! Top 5 submissions get money and merch and blowjobs and stuff...and everyone on the planet is welcome to submit, NG user or not! (Just grab an NG account, first.)

I know we got balls starting another collab after the MGS fiasco, don't bother pointing that out fag BUT <possible_lie>rest assured it won't happen again</possible_lie>! Again, spots are very limited this time around. This collab might not get a lot of submissions, but either way, SOMETHING SF-related will be released - at the very least, a mini-collab with the artists who already wanna do a piece.

That about covers it. Oh yeah Happy Holidays and all that lip service nobody ever means ANYWAYS FIGHT

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:11:49

Nice, the famed Streetfighter collab is finally making its appearance. Hopefully this one will go a little smoother than the MGS collab!

XBL Gamertag: Aeonstarz

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:11:59

Excellent. I'm in.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:14:24

I woke up this morning asking myself 'Goddamn where the Street Fighter collab at?'

I'm gay for this.

Count me in.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:19:00

At 1/3/09 06:14 AM, GrandfatherClock wrote: can we do a naruto collab

what kind of ninja sneaks around in an orange jumpsuit LEAVE MY SIGHT

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:21:02

Holy shit! Awesome! I'll try to get in!

I already have an idea.

;D

Sig by me.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:26:57

Yeah, right after the Mario Van Peebles collab LEAVE MY SIGHT

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:28:00

Damn, if I wasn't already working on more than four Flash projects at the moment then I'd be straight in there. I've got a solo project, a collab and two projects with one other person on at the moment though.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:31:08

Street Fighter collab? I'm in. Definetely.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:40:53

At 1/3/09 06:26 AM, Stamper wrote: Yeah, right after the Mario Van Peebles collab LEAVE MY SIGHT

I'm just waiting for Tom to come in and say "LEAVE MY SITE"
Yes.. that'll do nicely.

Good collab idea, I might try and get something done maybe, if I have time.

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:51:55

Seems fun.

God damn what is everyone doing up this late? Or early?

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 06:59:07

Stamper. You haven't posted anything in a while.

YOUR NOT DEAD. YAY :3

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:01:37

At 1/3/09 06:40 AM, Night-Mare wrote:
At 1/3/09 06:26 AM, Stamper wrote: Yeah, right after the Mario Van Peebles collab LEAVE MY SIGHT
I'm just waiting for Tom to come in and say "LEAVE MY SITE"
Yes.. that'll do nicely.

Good collab idea, I might try and get something done maybe, if I have time.

If that happens I'm in aswel (:

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:11:18

sounds great this should be good

wheres the bitches? | catching osama? | need a sig?

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:21:43

Umm in your pic... isn't that meant to be M.Bison? Not Vega...

M.Bison: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Bison
Vega:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vega_(
Street_Fighter)

Sounds cool though (old school SF fan... SNES style) I'll think about it :)

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:22:14

Sounds like another winning collab. I enjoyed working with the Metal Gear Collab. I'm going to think of another idea for this one.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:26:11

Maybe I'll do a Dora The Explorer parody with Street Fighter characters.

Wait...

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:29:36

At 1/3/09 07:21 AM, Master-Samus wrote: Umm in your pic... isn't that meant to be M.Bison? Not Vega...

Japan.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:30:29

Consider me in. I've been wanting to do this shit for a long time.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:47:04

sounds like fun.
I might join.... That is.... If I can be bothered actually making a flash. lol. Big IF.
If not. I'd love to see how it turns out.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:52:40

If I have the time, I will definately be in! Can we have a submission about people playing Street Fighter, or should I just do something about Guile and his sonic booms?

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 07:56:54

Actually, on second thought, I won't join this.

Too Lazy :P

BAH! Say what you want. I know I'm a lazy animator and nothing you say will change that. Or maybe it will. I really don't know or care. I'll just wait for it to be released.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 08:02:47

naruto sucks dude, face it.

i might try to do something but im terriblewith sounds, is there any sound pack that we can download/use?

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 08:16:24

At 1/3/09 06:19 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
what kind of ninja sneaks around in an orange jumpsuit LEAVE MY SIGHT

:Finally somebody who thinks the same!

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 08:36:45

I love street fighter. Hopefully I will just as much as I did before the collab.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 08:47:14

I approve, as long as it has Akuma love plastered all over it

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 08:49:27

I'm in, this should be some funny shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 09:05:56

Sounds very fun, Stamper!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 09:17:53

At 1/3/09 09:00 AM, Grammer wrote:
At 1/3/09 06:09 AM, Stamper wrote: I know we got balls starting another collab after the MGS fiasco, don't bother pointing that out fag BUT <possible_lie>rest assured it won't happen again</possible_lie>!
What fiasco? I thought it went over very well in the end. It's unfortunate you guys had a hard time getting good submissions, but I thought it ended up a successful collab, if I do say so myself.

Well there was a small issue of being 2 months late and flash corrupting the files several times over. We learned our lesson though.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-03 09:21:26

DATTEGAYO!

i came, i saw, i lold