00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jwel64 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

81,856 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-13 19:26:54

At 4/13/09 11:53 AM, ForbidMetal wrote:

agreed, As Iv'e said, it's way too corny. Lets try and bit a bit more professional.
AHAHAH that made me LOL

'On my mark we will advanc-'
'FIRE!!!'
'what?!'

gotta make his head turn. When I put that what in and played it I laughed too.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-15 13:41:23

An update from my part - technically, it's complete (i need to draw the hair animation but that's going to take quite some time). I'd like to get some reviews on the effect though, sound is - obviously - very important. Dont know if i'll manage another part :/

Ork Females?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-15 20:12:33

At 4/15/09 01:41 PM, BoMbLu wrote: An update from my part - technically, it's complete (i need to draw the hair animation but that's going to take quite some time). I'd like to get some reviews on the effect though, sound is - obviously - very important. Dont know if i'll manage another part :/

Ork Females?

amazing, and perfect. I really laughed, hard. than I watched it again, and laughed just as hard again.
the scream sound is just wonderfully perfect/

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-15 21:07:46

At 4/15/09 01:41 PM, BoMbLu wrote: An update from my part - technically, it's complete (i need to draw the hair animation but that's going to take quite some time). I'd like to get some reviews on the effect though, sound is - obviously - very important. Dont know if i'll manage another part :/

Ork Females?

finally done! its great!

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-16 02:55:39

At 4/15/09 08:12 PM, flashbound18 wrote:

Ork Females?
amazing, and perfect. I really laughed, hard. than I watched it again, and laughed just as hard again.
the scream sound is just wonderfully perfect/

Brilliant! I was afraid that witout a 'turn animation' (initially i wanted to make the transvestite ork from the back, turn into the front but it'd have taken too long to draw frame by frame). Luckily enough, i came up with a bit of a 'fright' idea to increase the effect and it seems to have worked :p

Now, i've got to animate the moving hair, tweak the sounds in the 'i wana f u in the ass' and probably go round all the animations overall to make sure they're perfect. Shall i try make another animation or shall i help you out in writing down the artist bios, credits ect? (directed solely to Flashbound and Forbid - though i'd need both's opinion pls. I'm busy stuying atm but i'll find time to do some thing or another ;p)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-16 08:58:13

im getting kinda bored, can someone write a new script that a can animate?

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-16 09:37:05

At 4/16/09 08:58 AM, micky315 wrote: im getting kinda bored, can someone write a new script that a can animate?

Hmm...we dont have any Tyranid stuff (if i'm not mistaken)... They're like the Alien guys from the Alien movies and they've got hives ect (if i'm not mistaken :P) They're also very organic - not tech at all - so i just came up with this idea of making them trying to use some VERY simple tool/tech ting (like a mobile, screw driver...)

Also came up with an idea. Maybe make them find an automatic car look for the enemy's tank/ship and get them trying to figure it out. They then dispair, press it so much, that the tank door or something opens and kills them....

Just an idea :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-16 15:26:28

At 4/16/09 08:58 AM, micky315 wrote: im getting kinda bored, can someone write a new script that a can animate?

wups...have a tyranid one so forget that (by Forbidmetal - sorry mate, forgot ;p) - it was quite stupid afterall - dunno man wait for someone else to come up with an idea...i think it's the best thing to do

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-17 04:00:35

I decided that i'd better try make another animation to try and reach the 24 anims. I'm going to admit, it's going to take quite some time to complete as the style i think would be the most appropriate is the one i'm using now (Seen in the pic below) as - thanks to forbid - i'll be using a relatively dramatic and emotional song, as we see the empror despair during a seige on the citadel (or something...) I also discussed with forbid that i can continu off the credits with this song, so flashbound - if you like the idea just tell me what i've got to write on the credits and i'll prob be making them more than just scrolling text *wink* :P

Flashbound, may you also please give me the exact deadline if you dont mind? I am by no means trying to re-extend the deadline for my own cause, just to see if we're still aiming for the 24 parts and see if we've actually got enough (as we didnt see any new faces in the collab for quite a while now)

Let's take this bitch to the front page ;p

(ps. the blue lineart's just to fill up the page...it's the decent coloured stuff that counts :P)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-17 08:33:09

So I would say hold on another piece as of yet and spit shine your current one to as good as you can make it. It's a good idea, it just needs more work on it things like the jutty animation of when the tau's head moves etc.

Anyway, ciao

why didnt you just say so? ill get to it right away.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-17 08:48:28

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/170409/3 1537_wh40k_collab_1.php

heres a better version, i added some detial to the chairs and backround, if theres anything else you want just call.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-17 11:07:57

The pic says it all...

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-17 16:25:49

At 4/17/09 08:48 AM, micky315 wrote: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/170409/3 1537_wh40k_collab_1.php

heres a better version, i added some detial to the chairs and backround, if theres anything else you want just call.

you can improve the BG tremendously if you make the black outlines instead a darker shade of the basic color of that element of the BG. for example, the background wall would have dark grey outlines (but not too dark, find a balance. what I mean by 'dark' is slightly darker than the darkest shade of grey you already used on the wall) and for the stools a darker brown and ect. ect...

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-17 16:29:58

At 4/17/09 11:07 AM, BoMbLu wrote: The pic says it all...

Don't forget that the emperor has been rotting on a throne for 10,000 years. I refuse to believe that that skeleton in a robe on a throne in the 5th edition rule book is him, but you might do something to touch on this

btdubs... the current drawing is beautiful, so I'm not suggesting redrawing any of what you have.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-17 17:32:22

At 4/17/09 04:29 PM, flashbound18 wrote:
At 4/17/09 11:07 AM, BoMbLu wrote: The pic says it all...
Don't forget that the emperor has been rotting on a throne for 10,000 years. I refuse to believe that that skeleton in a robe on a throne in the 5th edition rule book is him, but you might do something to touch on this

btdubs... the current drawing is beautiful, so I'm not suggesting redrawing any of what you have.

Forbidmetal sent me the reference pic and i'll be basing it during the horus heresy, rather than the current version in which he's a pile of stuff on a chair, powered by skaven slaves (dont kill me 40k fanatics pls :P) I hope you dont mind me making it a bit in the past...

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-17 21:45:05

I hope you dont mind me making it a bit in the past...

ofcourse not :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-18 10:16:08

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-18 16:19:11

At 4/18/09 10:16 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Looking good so far?

Art is wonderful; you even made the beginning bitmap trace look good. however, you ought to have the alarm keep going and than fade out shortly after the music begins

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-18 22:04:37

Holy shitdicks. I envy you!

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-19 05:10:01

At 4/18/09 04:19 PM, flashbound18 wrote:
Art is wonderful; you even made the beginning bitmap trace look good. however, you ought to have the alarm keep going and than fade out shortly after the music begins

Thanks :) I'm spending quite some time drawing the stuff. To be quite honest i'm not too pleased with the bitmap tracing as i'd rather draw the citadel ext myself but that'd take a VERY long time :P As for the sound, yes i think it'd be better if i extend it a bit more though before i do that i'm going to ask Forbid or Flashbound to voiceact some marine text for me and then i'll integrate with the music. Something like:
My Holyness (or whatever they call the emperor), the forces of chaos (or maybe Horus?) have brached the gates to the citadel (or palace?)!! All is lost!

I'd also like to get the final deadline for the collab if you dont mind (again, not trying to delay it again but this animation's going to take quite some time cos i might have to do A LOT of lip-sinching....and drawing :P)

And the credit song (i was thinking - Forbid suggested the song and it's quite good i think) will be the 'harder' part of the song at 2:55. I'm still trying to come up with some sexi ideas (as opposed to simple text scroll) so, if anyone's got any ideas just post and i'll work on them :P

At 4/18/09 10:04 PM, Nuttro wrote:
Holy shitdicks. I envy you!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-19 08:43:32

Nice stuff dude, although I hate the "touchy zooming" scenes. (Even if I saw the first 10 seconds of the scene o0)

@About my shit
I need to find a 'free day' and work on mine, that's all <_<

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-19 17:37:40

Hi everyone. I drew up this guy in hopes of being part of the collab, only problem is i have no idea how to go about animating this guy. I'm a complete illustration and animation noob, im completely new to the subject, i think this is a good first go at it, but i have been studying the subject.
If anyone has any idea about how to use this character contact me.

Email Me

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-19 18:42:53

*UPDATE*
Not that any1 cares but im gonna try inverse kinematics in flash CS4.
You bones and stuff.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-19 19:00:10

*Update* Still i know no one cares but...
Gonna try something not really that funny and noobish.
Check this out:-Noob Animation

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-20 00:37:01

Gauss', the model's perspective is troublesome o_o
The real only thing I can imagine you'll do with it as its facing the screen during a dialogue.

P.S: I haven't as well made any animations, I lack the frame-by-frame experience, but I use illustrations to make it up for it, try to find your thing.
Out~

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-20 02:55:07

At 4/19/09 07:00 PM, GuassMan wrote: *Update* Still i know no one cares but...
Gonna try something not really that funny and noobish.
Check this out:-Noob Animation

Well it's good to see some new faces around once in a while. Even though i have absolutely no power over deciding who's in and out (i just make all the others cry with my flawless artwork - right guys? :P) I for one like the idea of a picky marine, consiering a fly as a Xeno (might be silly, but i think it's funny) I havent tried CS4 yet but from what i gather/tried out for a bit, the bone-tool-thing's quite east to use. If i were you (seeing that you'd like to enter the collab) would be to make a short animation of the marine rather than the fly. Your artwork's decent compared to a good portion of the crap that reaches the shores of newgrounds, though some polishing up never hurts. You've got to wait for ForbidMetal or Flashbound18 to tell you if you're in or out though *shrug*

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-20 02:57:50

Oh and if i were you, i'd change the colour of the marine cos i've got red ones, fb's got blue ones, forbid's got black ones if i'm not mistaken. You can make something like salamanders (green) or imperial fists (yellow) Hell you can even tweek that guy a bit and make him a space wolf (greyish light blue)

But again, before working on it i'd wait for the leader's words :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-20 03:41:51

At 4/20/09 02:57 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Oh and if i were you, i'd change the colour of the marine cos i've got red ones, fb's got blue ones, forbid's got black ones if i'm not mistaken. You can make something like salamanders (green) or imperial fists (yellow) Hell you can even tweek that guy a bit and make him a space wolf (greyish light blue)

Hey, what about me? Ive been doing red

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-20 04:27:05

At 4/20/09 03:41 AM, Nuttro wrote:
At 4/20/09 02:57 AM, BoMbLu wrote: Oh and if i were you, i'd change the colour of the marine cos i've got red ones, fb's got blue ones, forbid's got black ones if i'm not mistaken. You can make something like salamanders (green) or imperial fists (yellow) Hell you can even tweek that guy a bit and make him a space wolf (greyish light blue)
Hey, what about me? Ive been doing red

From now on, if i foget someone's animation or something, please forgive me as it just slips out of my mind. You know, i'm prob the oldest guy in the collab...you've got to respect your elders and be patient if they forget :P

But seriously, sorry i forgot your stuff Nuttro (bows down in apology)

Even more reason not to make another red one :p

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-04-20 08:18:39

Hey guys thanks for the advice.
The colour is not the issue right now. I'm gonna think up of a good comedic scene and put it on paper and work at getting it animated.

Gotta work on perspective too...