00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

creambee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sick and tired of being blammed!

1,592 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 17:29:29

I think it's time newgrounds revises the audio reviewing system... the last three songs I've posted have been given 0s for -no- reason other than someone trying (and most likely failing) to get their song to the top of the list. I'm not saying I think they deserve straight 5s or anything but I was under the impression something had to be pretty dismal to deserve a "0 this sucks horribly".

Maybe there should be a limit on how many 0's a person can give out ina period of 5 minutes? Just a thought. How would you revise the system?

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 17:46:13

Lol @ new guy who thinks that score matters.

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 18:10:12

At 4/15/06 05:46 PM, Z3N0N wrote: Lol @ new guy who thinks that score matters.

!!!!!!!
0_0

You mean they don't???

BBS Signature

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 18:15:04

Take a look around, please.

And you'll realize that votes don't matter. You'll just have to deal with it.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 20:45:09

@new guy - Write a song about it. ;)

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 21:57:37

It does matter, more people will have a chance to listen to your songs if they are on the first page. If they are buried somewhere deep in the ratings only hardcore fans will come listento your tunes. and I am not a "new guy" I've been posting songs here for a few months now.

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 21:59:45

At 4/15/06 05:33 PM, SineQuaNon wrote: I think it's time you realize that we've all heard this before, MANY MANY times, and that we ALL have the same problems, and it's difficult to implement changes so therefore we'll have to live with it. Did you even search to see if there was a thread like this already?

None of us are happy about 0-voters, but we have to deal, 'cus nothing is going to change for a while. If you want support and votes, be an active member of the forums and frequently review other audio submissions. Also, it is advisable you never put up a song Sun-Tue because Tuesday at midnight is when the A-portal's Weekly Top 5 are chosen.

No, I didn't search, I don't have time to look through the whole forum. But thank you for the advice, the 2nd paragraph was helpful, I'll participate more.

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 22:07:21

At 4/15/06 09:57 PM, malkavianxx wrote:
It does matter, more people will have a chance to listen to your songs if they are on the first page. If they are buried somewhere deep in the ratings only hardcore fans will come listento your tunes. and I am not a "new guy" I've been posting songs here for a few months now.

If you've come to newgrounds for fame/promotion, you're in the wrong place kid.

That's what soundclick/myspace is for.

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 22:48:19

At 4/15/06 10:07 PM, jarrydn wrote:
If you've come to newgrounds for fame/promotion, you're in the wrong place kid.

That's what soundclick/myspace is for.

Actually I really just want respect from other audio producers... and myspace is a terrible place to post your music. I dont trust anything owned by newscorp (aka FOX)

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-15 23:03:15

At 4/15/06 10:48 PM, malkavianxx wrote:
Actually I really just want respect from other audio producers... and myspace is a terrible place to post your music. I dont trust anything owned by newscorp (aka FOX)

Then use the audio advertisements and reviews threads to promote your music. It'll get heard by fellow audio producers, and assuming it's good, you shall get the respect you justly deserve.

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-16 00:45:57

Post count +1:

We all hate being zeroed! Man we've heard this a billion times! Man Newgrounds needs to change, let's make a thread about it!

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-16 01:01:49

Whoopie shit. If your a well known artist, score doesnt matter. You don't get rewards. You don't get cookies for having a 4+ score here. If people know you, then they will look you up, drop you reviews, and download your music.
Yes, if your music is on the frontpage you might get another 50 or so downloads. But I've noticed that it doesn't really matter if you don't get any reviews for it.

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-16 06:05:42

The audio portal works off a very stable formula

Good music + exposure = Good votes

Granted, you will receive some 0's, but if you really get exposure for your tracks, and people like them, the votes will continiously creep up over time, instead of going down.

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-29 18:04:39

You the Forum to advertise rather than score. put it in your sig or something. and everytime you post. they will see it eh? Go for it!

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-30 01:34:24

The zero voters are good in a way cuz they make you work harder at making music. The biggest "fuck you" you can give them is to write good music. Then if one of the 12 year-old zero voters comes along and you have already gotten 50 five votes then their 0 vote will not mean shit... Complaining about them only gives them more ammo.

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-04-30 15:59:25

At 4/30/06 01:34 AM, Killer_of_trolls wrote:

Then if one of the 12 year-old zero voters comes along and you have already gotten 50 five votes then their 0 vote will not mean shit... Complaining about them only gives them more ammo.
Damn that is true. I tip my hat to you sir!

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-05-01 00:12:54

Well even though i havent submitted yet. I think, even though you have a bad score If you get good reviews you know you've got good music.

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-05-01 01:24:48

At 4/15/06 05:29 PM, malkavianxx wrote: Maybe there should be a limit on how many 0's a person can give

Welcome to the AP... nothing to be done about it...

BBS Signature

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-05-01 04:24:53

At 4/15/06 08:45 PM, -Steve- wrote: @new guy - Write a song about it. ;)

YAY!

Sick and tired of being blammed!

Response to Sick and tired of being blammed! 2006-05-01 16:27:08

At 5/1/06 04:24 AM, Khuskan wrote:
At 4/15/06 08:45 PM, -Steve- wrote: @new guy - Write a song about it. ;)
YAY!

Fuckin' A.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person