00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BurnerHellfire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs!

7,947 Views | 126 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey everyone, I'm starting a massive audio project called the "Newgrounds Community Service" project, based off of the Crystal Method's "Community Service II" collab (If you don't have that album you should seriously get it, it's an awesome CD!).
Here's the basic idea of this mass collab:
-A bunch of audio artists each take turns putting together a 1+ hour long song, each artist making 3-6 minutes or so of the song in their own personal style.
-Each artist may change the song as much as they want, as long as they make it a fluid change, nothing too abrupt
-You can remix other people's songs, your own songs, or make up something of your own (I'm hoping most of it's original stuff btw)
-Each song by each person won't end, each will instead transition into the next song, hopefully transitioned so only if you pay really good attention you'll notice the change.
-The current program being used for this is FL Studio 4, so if you use that or FL Studio 5 make sure you save your part in FL4's FLP format.

The way this is going to work is that I'll make the first part of the whole thing, which will be about 2 minutes long and acts as an intro to the whole thing. Then, I will select an artist to make the next part, they'll get the .flp and any files with it and their job is to continue the song for another 3-6 minutes. After that, I'll once again choose the next artist.

The FLP will have the last 8-16 measures or so of the previous song, and also everything used in past songs. YOU CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT EDIT OR CHANGE STUFF FROM PREVIOUS SONGS!!!! Use instead, the clone track feature.

OK! Now for the requirments:
1)You have to be a good audio artist to participate in this. This doesn't mean you have to be the next ParagonX9 or Calyx, but you have to know what you're doing and/or sound good enough to be a part of this.
2)PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't spend months doing your part!!! Although this is a large project for a kickass song, I don't want to hold up everyone else and have this project lose interest. If you feel you can't do this, then....
3)Any time you feel that you don't want to do this anymore, just drop me an IM on AIM or post here and let me know that you can't finish your part for whatever reason, and I can just pass the baton onto someone else.
4)I NEED A FEW SAMPLES OF YOUR MUSIC. This has to be recent work that is good and should reflect your style of music. remixes are alright, but I prefer to hear good original music that doesn't use loops (aside from slicing to create new drumlines)
5)Please try to keep the total size of your extra sfx tracks as low as you can. I'm not saying kill the quality, make this your best! but I'm just saying this for those people with slower connections out there and don't want to wait a week to download a 50meg project! (although this will probably end up around 10 meg in the end if we have some sweet vocalists willing to help!)

Well you guys have the rules and all, I'm planning on getting this going a little after Halloween, so get your samples ready for me to check out!

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-26 21:40:35

i might if i get time for it.

check out the music on this account if u want samples.

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-26 21:53:48

At 10/26/05 09:40 PM, Z3N0N wrote: i might if i get time for it.

It'd be better if you could just post links or name which songs you want me to hear. Best songs aren't always the newest, one of my best is Incapitation but it's my 30th most recent song.

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-26 22:01:25

At 10/26/05 09:53 PM, TheComet wrote:

It'd be better if you could just post links or name which songs you want me to hear. Best songs aren't always the newest, one of my best is Incapitation but it's my 30th most recent song.

(this is z3n0ns alt account)

here then.
Humanity

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-26 22:15:06

At 10/26/05 10:01 PM, Theblackhawk wrote:
At 10/26/05 09:53 PM, TheComet wrote:

(this is z3n0ns alt account)

here then.
Humanity

Great stuff man, you get to do your part next once I have the intro piece done! I'm hoping to see some of that heavy dance stuff in this btw, catchy song :)
Now that I think about it, I might be able to get the intro done tonight and get this whole thing started tonight if I can, I'm on a roll with the intro, although it isn't much, it's meant to be like that to get the song started.

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-27 07:25:39

Intro's 50% done atm, the song itself is done but I'm remastering it and all atm. Z3non, I'll get the flp over to you probably on Halloween (Haloween for me :P *TO THE XBOX!*)

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-27 10:47:50

I am in for sure !!!
You can try any of mine , or just try the golden one. (Calm night)

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-27 14:58:48

At 10/27/05 10:47 AM, f2x1 wrote: I am in for sure !!!
You can try any of mine , or just try the golden one. (Calm night)

I like your sample alot man :P goin on my mp3 player :P
You get to start when X3non finishes his bit.
so right now it's:
TheComet-"Intro"
X3non- ?
f2x1- ?

btw, your parts need a name :)

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-28 09:07:08

Hey this sounds like fun! Listen to my stuff. I've only got three songs out 'cause I've only just started posting. The song "Wizard" is made with FruityLoops5, and for the others I've used Cubase. I'm in if you want me.

Wanna hear some fuckin fast guitar playing? CLICK HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-28 09:41:39

OH, this sounds like a grand time of fun, um check out Abraxis on my submissions thingy or profile thing, its the only Fruity Loops Audio Orgasm file I have uploaded as of yet, seeing that I am still new to these thingy thang (the Newgrounds Community) I reached my upload limit for the day, anyways I ramble sorry, but check it out. It's total Sex

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-28 13:10:11

Well actualy his nick is ZENON !
But to the point , i wanted to ask , is it realy posible to save an flp in FL 5 and load it in FL 4 ? If so than how?
(Btw i use automation clips and FL 4 does not have them :( )

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-28 14:10:24

Heh, Comet, you know I'd wanna do this.

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-28 14:58:42

At 10/28/05 02:10 PM, -API- wrote: Heh, Comet, you know I'd wanna do this.

*shock and surprise*
*more sarcasm!*
Yeah definately. I'm going to have you and AznPB go near the end of the lineup or you could do one part in the middle and something near the end, so the project ends with a bang like Community Service II :)

btw, I'm almost done with the intro flp and all. I'll get it up later tonight and send the flp out to Xenon. My intro is a little basic but that's only because each artist works off of the part before them, and then turns it into their own song from that and hopefully at a great quality!

HERE'S A FEW LAST MINUTE NOTES TO REMEMBER!
-DO NOT change anything from any other song! If you want to use something from another song (which you should anyways), clone the tracks, FX, automation, ect.
-Put a "---------------" line seperating your part and the previous part in the .flp, and make sure to mark that it's your part and all. You can use patterns from other songs in the playlist, but you can't edit them, go clone them for that.
-PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't use sytrus or CPU guzzlers, not everyone can use sytrus (I can't either) and I also know that I'm not the only one running on a slow crappy pc.
-AVOID FULL LOOPS! You can slice up loops all you want, but please try not to put a full audio loop (IE:a drumline .wav) in since it drains the originality of this project.
-Extra unused or junk patterns are always welcome to stay in the .flp as well as unused audio tracks! Who knows? Maybe an artist in the next part could do something tight with it.

That's the deal for now, the project is now in full motion!
btw Xenon, can you get on AIM sometime soon and I can send over the .flp

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-28 15:33:25

ouch super weak, no love for the fozz bear, (wakka wakka)...

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-28 19:07:45

er z3non? Do you have AIM? I'm looking at your profile and you are email-less, messenger-less, and all that stuff.
I need to get the .flp over to you so you can do your part of the song

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-28 19:11:32

At 10/28/05 07:07 PM, TheComet wrote: er z3non? Do you have AIM? I'm looking at your profile and you are email-less, messenger-less, and all that stuff.
I need to get the .flp over to you so you can do your part of the song

just e-mail it.

jadanpaluck@msn.com

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 07:38:53

strike three.. yer out!

Wanna hear some fuckin fast guitar playing? CLICK HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 07:46:28

So I figured you guys were hesistant of me, seeing as how I am a newbie, but my fellow fallopians, check out my new under one hour track in my profile, it's sure to convince to lemme in on this super sweet project, oh yeah it's called

The Title is in the Comment
"Using Bug Spray to Cover Up Cigarette Smoke"

and before you make any rash decision regarding my character just give that track a listen, I made it especially for you fine folks doing the compilation thingy thang...

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 09:49:24

No Sytrus and stuff , what am i goind to use than Wasp or SimSynth?
BTW i think that the self made drumline.wav should be ok , coz i make the in Reason for better quality , and its much easyer to do them in there than in FL !

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 10:53:42

Count me in this shit, sounds like a good idea.

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 19:50:30

At 10/29/05 09:49 AM, f2x1 wrote: No Sytrus and stuff , what am i goind to use than Wasp or SimSynth?
BTW i think that the self made drumline.wav should be ok , coz i make the in Reason for better quality , and its much easyer to do them in there than in FL !

*ahem* Infected Mushrooms use Wasp...

You can use strus if you can maybe take the pattern and export just the pattern and then put it into the song with the rest of it so you are essentially putting it in without using sytrus.
It's in case some people have that gay glitch in win98 where you can't use sytrus even with the full FL Studio 4 but they can do everything else......some1 get me their reg code, maybe that'll fix it if it's just mine @.@

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 20:01:16

OK! I got the intro posted in the portal and X3non should be getting the flp and all soon
http://www.newground..594138&sub=35271
It's pretty basic sounding because I want the next artists to build off of that and improve it, forcing them not to just take whats there and mix it a little. The project is meant to start with what's before you, and turn it into your own song with new stuff.

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 21:47:51

i did my part.

whos next in line.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 22:00:03

At 10/29/05 09:47 PM, Theblackhawk wrote: i did my part.

whos next in line.

first email me your .flp and any new audio tracks you used. I need these to make the transition .flp that I'll send the next person and so I can combine the songs.

I'm back!

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-29 22:17:10

At 10/29/05 10:00 PM, TheComet wrote:
At 10/29/05 09:47 PM, Theblackhawk wrote: i did my part.

whos next in line.
first email me your .flp and any new audio tracks you used. I need these to make the transition .flp that I'll send the next person and so I can combine the songs.

alright.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-30 02:50:56

At 10/29/05 07:50 PM, TheComet wrote: *ahem* Infected Mushrooms use Wasp...

You can use strus if you can maybe take the pattern and export just the pattern and then put it into the song with the rest of it so you are essentially putting it in without using sytrus.
It's in case some people have that gay glitch in win98 where you can't use sytrus even with the full FL Studio 4 but they can do everything else......some1 get me their reg code, maybe that'll fix it if it's just mine @.@

Well anyhow i dont use Sytrus often , i use Vanguard , Albino 2 and Z3TA+ instead oh and Automation clips so it would be much better if everyone would use FL 5.
So what you are saing is that we have to export the Sytrus and other CPU eaters and import them as wavs? That is not posible for me coz i use a whole bunch of FX.
You need a pc like mine. like 3.0 processer 1GB of ram amd stuff !

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-30 10:04:00

At 10/30/05 02:50 AM, f2x1 wrote:
At 10/29/05 07:50 PM, TheComet wrote: *ahem* Infected Mushrooms use Wasp...

Well anyhow i dont use Sytrus often , i use Vanguard , Albino 2 and Z3TA+ instead oh and Automation clips so it would be much better if everyone would use FL 5.
So what you are saing is that we have to export the Sytrus and other CPU eaters and import them as wavs? That is not posible for me coz i use a whole bunch of FX.
You need a pc like mine. like 3.0 processer 1GB of ram amd stuff !

we are using FL 4, either cuase he doesnt have it, or jsut cause it wot open for him in FL 5 format.

automation clips ARE handy...but now its time to go back to your FL 3 roots, bud.

do everything by hand.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-30 10:13:59

we are using FL 4, either cuase he doesnt have it, or jsut cause it wot open for him in FL 5 format.

automation clips ARE handy...but now its time to go back to your FL 3 roots, bud.

do everything by hand.

Well i dont have FL 4 (i hate it) so now what ? Do i have to send out a wav instead ?

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-30 10:22:05

At 10/30/05 10:13 AM, f2x1 wrote:

do everything by hand.
Well i dont have FL 4 (i hate it) so now what ? Do i have to send out a wav instead ?

i guess so.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to Calling All Fl Audio Artists! Ngcs! 2005-10-30 11:57:21

i might if i have time

BBS Signature