00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

111,832 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Reviewers Club 2003-12-27 02:45:52

this is just an idea that i had. in the short time that ive been a member here, i havent done much. but there is one thing that i enjoy doing evertime i come here, REVIEW MOVIES! im not talking about just "i liked the movie". i mean putting some though into it and writing at least a few sentences.

SO, my idea is to have a club where people can talk about and critique movies and games on newgrounds. you could suggest a movie that you saw to other members, share your comments, or even promote movies that you recently posted on NG! so, if you like to review movies then please reply!

...i've been here a while...

This is my awesome new sig...Do you like it?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-27 04:07:56

Haha, you only have 29 reviews!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-27 16:08:57

well, i havent been a member that long. but i am going to do more of them. just because i dont have that many reviews doesnt mean i dont enjoy doing them! so, does anyone wanna join?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-27 16:13:27

At 12/27/03 04:08 PM, turbosquad wrote: well, i havent been a member that long. but i am going to do more of them. just because i dont have that many reviews doesnt mean i dont enjoy doing them! so, does anyone wanna join?

Yeah sure, I'm in
If you want to see some cool movies check out the dick kick serie of the great jon .

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-27 18:48:03

Hmm...sounds...interesting. I've written a lot of reviews, but some of the movies I've written reviews for got blammed. If they weren't blammed I'd have more than 60 reviews. Well, I think I'll join. Member #3, right? Or #4?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-28 14:23:09

Cool! some members! ok, mister_maggot, youre #2 and the other guy(sorry i forgot youre name) youre #3. so, if you see a movie or game or whatever that you liked or hated just post here and the gruop can critique it! anyone else wanna join?

ill start. one of my favorite movies here is Bob the Ball. i thought it was creative, funny, and executed(the whole childrens book thing) very well. i gave it a 5 out of 5. what did you guys think?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-28 15:20:49

This movie is still under judgment. And I hate this movie. It's called "luigi's adventure pt. 1" or something like that. Here's the link.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=142417

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-28 15:59:40

In the process of reviews it is important to break the flash down and review each important aspect of the movie. If the movie has some things you do not agree with make sure to tell the author why and not just yell at them. Also it is indeed important to assume each flash to be made with effort or just pure junk, still reviewing is important and its great to see people intrested in this. Make sure to not spam your outside opinions or shove caps locks at them. Just enjoy cartoons and give contructive reviews.

Arti

Like pears in rain.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-28 16:06:25

ok dude im definately in...more people (like me) need to start reviewing more :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-29 13:12:55

okay, SeybDizzle, your #4. just do basically what Dustminion did(mabey go into alittle more detail) and post here every once in a while.

i tried watching the Luigi movie, but it was blammed. but what i saw of the reviews, it looked pretty bad. so, did you guys watch Bob The Ball yet?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-29 13:17:09

At 12/29/03 01:12 PM, turbosquad wrote: so, did you guys watch Bob The Ball yet?

Bob the Ball is here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=140303

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-29 14:02:01

i just watched another pretty good music video. "Angry White Boy Polka". the song was catchy and the flash was good as well. its a bit long though, but it keeps you interested. heres the link:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=132035

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-29 14:05:08

Hey turbosquad.... go to the SSM topic and review yur new sig, its the page before last (cant remember the number sorry)

:)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-29 14:19:00

OH WOW! oh my god thats awesome! THANK YOU so much RedOxide! you rule! hey, you wanna join the Reviewers Club?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-29 15:05:15

Okay...I've found a VERY bad movie that is in 3rd place for the worst movie in all of Newgrounds. Take a look!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=73658

I cannot believe this didn't get blammed! All it is is just a fish swimming. I have critiqued it in a review. So, if you want to critique it, just click the link above.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-29 15:16:04

At 12/29/03 01:12 PM, turbosquad wrote: i tried watching the Luigi movie, but it was blammed. but what i saw of the reviews, it looked pretty bad.

Well, I'll tell ya what it was about. It's about Luigi walking, then Yoshi returns that some guy is doing something bad(sorry, forgot), so Luigi and Yoshi go. Then an 8-bit Luigi comes out. Luigi and Yoshi come across the portal, then they walk in. Then they are in an 8-bit world. Then Luigi goes into a fight with 8-bit Mario. Then Yoshi starts to call Luigi gay. Then Luigi wants to kick Yoshi's ass. Then they hear a roar. To be continued...

That movie was 5MB! That's large for a movie that was so poorly done. Everytime something moved, the enire screen moved. I also noticed that the author stole a screenshot from Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom. That ain't cool, y'know.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-29 20:19:54

yes, that was quite bad! its too bad it didnt get blammed. how it stayed alive, im not sure, but whoever made that needs a little more practice. i usually like to point out what i didnt like about a movie, but i didnt like everything about it and thats not much to not like. that was utterly pathetic!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-30 15:45:54

Hey! dosdragos, does that mean youre in? if so, youre #5...but you may move up soon(i dont know if you care, its not like the numbers mean much) cause some of the members dont post...i hate to be critical, but if they dont within the next few days they may get the boot! i dont want people joining the club just to say they are in it. but, i do realize that not everyone can get to a computer everyday (im one of them!), so they have a few more days to post something. Dust_Minion, you would move to #2...you are really involved in getting the club started, and i appreciate that! sorry for the long message, but i had alot to say.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-30 15:59:00

Ladies and gentlemen, from the creator of Fishy...

...he presents an effortless movie called...

Sir Piss A-Lot Ep. 2

This should've been blammed also. All it is is a stick figure pissing in a toilet.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-30 16:05:00

At 12/29/03 11:51 PM, dosdragos wrote: Sometimes i wish there was a BLam User so the user would just not be allowed to submit anymore. I might suggest that to the Fulps

Wish we could do that to the creator of luigi's adventure pt. 1. He keeps resubmitting his poorly done movies with small improvements. And 100% of his movies is blammed.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-30 16:25:17

...wow...who is this guy...im amazed...ive only used flash a few times but what i ended up with was better than that, and i certaintly didnt put it on any website to take up space...its a new low...how is it possible to even be that bad at flash?! its pathetic!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-31 12:20:17

At 12/27/03 02:45 AM, turbosquad wrote: this is just an idea that i had. in the short time that ive been a member here, i havent done much. but there is one thing that i enjoy doing evertime i come here, REVIEW MOVIES!

Interesting idea, but I hope you're aware that there's over 600 people with at least three times as many reviews as you. And that's just the ones I know about. Still, better to have 30 quality well-written reviews than 200 nonsense reviews...

And no, I don't want to join.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-31 15:08:18

em im sure they're already is a review crew.im sure i saw one around a while back.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2003-12-31 15:27:14

At 12/31/03 12:20 PM, jonthomson wrote: Interesting idea, but I hope you're aware that there's over 600 people with at least three times as many reviews as you. And that's just the ones I know about. Still, better to have 30 quality well-written reviews than 200 nonsense reviews...

And no, I don't want to join.

i do realize that. the idea behind the club isnt "write as many reviews as possible" or even "write a fair amount of them". i started the club so people could talk about movies they have seen. youre at least the third person to tell me this. anyway, thanks for your imput, and im thinking that last sentence was a complement so thanks for that too.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2004-01-01 12:46:07

So, what is everyones most favorite and most hated movie/game/etc? on newgrounds. and what did you like/dislike about them?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2004-01-01 15:42:59

MOST FAVORITE MOVIE

Movie: Kerri's Best Invention
Author: LegendaryFrog
Release Date: November 15, 2003

What I like about it? EVERYTHING. 'Nuff said.

LEAST FAVORITE MOVIE

Movie: megaman die
Author: Forgot the name...
Release DateL November 10, 2003

My god, this was the worst movie ever. It's Mega Man getting killed by a fricken' frog! And there was no background. And all the sprites were very JPEGish. And he cannot spell for crap. I am very glad this got blammed.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2004-01-01 16:13:49

Hey i have wrote a few reviews myself sounds cool can i join...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2004-01-01 21:07:43

At 1/1/04 04:13 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hey i have wrote a few reviews myself sounds cool can i join...

~X~

HaHaHaHa,a few?You gotta be kiddin X,you have over 7,000...I will like to join as well.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2004-01-02 02:16:36

At 1/1/04 09:07 PM, SouthPhillyGangsta wrote:

::

HaHaHaHa,a few?You gotta be kiddin X,you have over 7,000...I will like to join as well.

heh ya it was kinda funny, hey im in the ASM so if none takes the request ill take that one up of the 150X/150X avatar, but the others are better then me so ill let them give you a better one...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2004-01-03 19:56:27

Whoa, we got 2 people wanting to be a member here. And one of them is XwanecoltX! Ahm, turbosquad could be on New Year's vacation or whatever. And, err, he is the leader of the Reviewers Club. Well, let's wait until he comes back. Yeah.