New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 22nd, 2005 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 4/22/05 08:09 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: bleh, i'm going to pass RyanAn tomorrow... he's only got around 2-3 reviews on me
(www.newgrounds.com/portal/stats for details :P), and then in a few days time ill pass Cyberdevil...

That's nice.

once i get to 3rd spot (comfortably, in a few months) im going to just slow it down a bit i guess.... im going to go for my daily 10 reviews for as long as i can but its progressively becoming harder :S

Heh, 3rd place. Too bad it'll be such a hard ride to get to 2nd or 1st, though. :(

Damn! No response from the review I did last night. >:(

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 22nd, 2005 @ 12:04 PM Reply

Say I thought XwaynecoltX had over 11000 reviews, he had right? Can anyone tell me what happened?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 22nd, 2005 @ 01:48 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/232686

Hmm, the author responded to all the reviews on the oldest two pages of reviews. Not sure if the author will continue to respond, though, but I reviewed this flash NOT because I could get a response. Because I wanted to review the game since it was a Mario Flash game. :)

Formerly Bahamut

UltraGhost
UltraGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 22nd, 2005 @ 06:01 PM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/233110

The reviews are getting responses here.

iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 22nd, 2005 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 4/22/05 08:09 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote:
At 4/22/05 04:18 AM, The_Redangleknight wrote: I give tens out like its air to me. I only got one review in no responses.
hahaha, i will most likely never give out a 10 :D haha. EVER LOL :P

So you don't like giving tens away on crappy movies that piss kids off, Not even SS Time Trials 5

bleh, i'm going to pass RyanAn tomorrow... he's only got around 2-3 reviews on me
(www.newgrounds.com/portal/stats for details :P), and then in a few days time ill pass Cyberdevil...

Well I guess I congratz joo twice here and lul.

goodnight all.

Good even all.

At 4/22/05 01:48 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/232686

Hmm, the author responded to all the reviews on the oldest two pages of reviews. Not sure if the author will continue to respond, though, but I reviewed this flash NOT because I could get a response. Because I wanted to review the game since it was a Mario Flash game. :)

YEah I review that and wasnt lucky I guess he responded to certian reviews

At 4/22/05 06:01 PM, UltraGhost wrote: The reviews are getting responses here.

Ok I got in a review now I will just wait, Thanks.

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 22nd, 2005 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 4/22/05 08:51 PM, The_Redangleknight wrote: YEah I review that and wasnt lucky I guess he responded to certian reviews

I think it was the first few reviews and that's pretty much it. Maybe the author hasn't been able to be on NG since the last time he responded to reviews, but I reviewed that flash. Not really bothered if I don't get a response, but if I do, then that will be nice.

View Your Reviews (280)
(With Responses Only (109))

Not too bad. Quite close to 300 reviews now. :) Although I should be aiming for 1000 reviews.

Formerly Bahamut

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 23rd, 2005 @ 09:52 AM Reply

At 4/23/05 09:51 AM, Rodents wrote: I would like to join teh Reviewers club.

Sure, why not? Welcome! :D

Hmm, no reviews made yet? :S It's a Saturday and I have lots of time left before I go off. I guess I'll need to find a flash to review quite soon.

Formerly Bahamut

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 23rd, 2005 @ 09:58 AM Reply

Yah, 2 responses today and I will most likely get 3, that's a new record for me =D. Okay here are the movies:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/232969
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/232698
and the one were I will most likely get one from:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/233212

BBS Signature
IvanTuroc
IvanTuroc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Musician
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 23rd, 2005 @ 12:37 PM Reply

At 4/22/05 06:01 PM, UltraGhost wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/233110

The reviews are getting responses here.

I reviewed that one and got a response. I don't think he liked the review tho *snif*
I made it to 140 reviews. On to 150 now.

Welcome to the new reviewer.

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature
RyanAn
RyanAn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 23rd, 2005 @ 05:02 PM Reply

Hey everyone... I had no idea this thread was in existence until today! Looks like M-A-R-C-U-S and I will have a little feud for a while. :)

ry/

How you doin?

liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 23rd, 2005 @ 05:30 PM Reply

Hey guys, I don't want to join the crew really, I was just wondering what you guys (as 'pros') thought of my recent reviews, from 0-10...

thanks - DEADSiM2

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
RyanAn
RyanAn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 23rd, 2005 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 4/23/05 05:30 PM, DEADSiM2 wrote: Hey guys, I don't want to join the crew really, I was just wondering what you guys (as 'pros') thought of my recent reviews, from 0-10...

thanks - DEADSiM2

Hey bud.

You definately have a great length to just about all of your reviews and show a lot of promise. There are some instances were you insult the author in a less than nice way, like saying "you suck" - which is not really something that we want to do. It makes the author not want to work harder and perfect their skill. Sometimes, you go off about something else in a review, that has nothing to do with the movie, like talk about other authors. Posting things like "The more experience points you have combined with BLAM and PROTECTION points, the more your vote is worth! You gave this entry a 5, raising its score from 4.5174 to 4.5179!" has nothing to do with the movie - and is really just taking up space. However, the majority of the time, you do tend to pay attention to detail, as in your Salad Fingers review.

I'm not the perfect review, and I will be the first to admit it. I am just trying to help you prevent mistakes that I wish I could fix myself.

ry/

How you doin?

M-A-R-C-U-S
M-A-R-C-U-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 24th, 2005 @ 02:25 AM Reply

At 4/22/05 12:04 PM, Auz wrote: Say I thought XwaynecoltX had over 11000 reviews, he had right? Can anyone tell me what happened?

nope, he's never had more than 10,250... unless he's written a couple since the last time i checked :) haha.

Ryan, yes 'twill be a grand battle haha. but im not going to be doing more than 10 a day, just so you know :P lol.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 24th, 2005 @ 07:20 AM Reply

At 4/23/05 05:02 PM, RyanAn wrote: Hey everyone... I had no idea this thread was in existence until today! Looks like M-A-R-C-U-S and I will have a little feud for a while. :)

Ah yes, the race with you and M-A-R-C-U-S. It will be interesting. You are welcome to join this club. :) I know people will be interested in this race. :)

Formerly Bahamut

liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 24th, 2005 @ 07:26 AM Reply

At 4/23/05 05:49 PM, RyanAn wrote: stuff

Wow, thanks RyanAn... it's just good to have other peoples opinions on your reviews.

Now I might be able to do better reviews, thanks :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
Celestial-Avenger
Celestial-Avenger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 24th, 2005 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Since I'm banned from reviewing, I'll post my 'abusive' reviews here for all to ignore. I'm average at this, but I at least want to voice my silenced opinion.

Test post. Plenty more to come in bigger chunks if I get the formatting right. :/

Nutty McNuts

Well, this certainly was a great concept, full of neat little gadgets and contraptions. Great graphics, cool little quips from the squirrel, and the needless amount of violence was satisfying.

However, I had a huge problem though with the plethora of bugs. Falling through floors, getting caught between the pinball bouncers in an infinite loop, it just seemed like a rushed product. I kept having to right-click and hit the rewind button to restart these levels. The camera angles were also horrible when resetting after a death. I can't project where to shoot the squirrel if the view is horrible and not reset to the default position.

So, yeah, it's a decent effort, but it needed another month of fine-tuning. Looking forward to an update HOPEFULLY!

*Graphics-7 * Style-8 * Sound-7 * Violence-7 * Interactivity-3 * Humor-5 * Overall-5

Mario Bros

*Graphics-6 * Style-0 * Sound-1 * Violence-3 * Interactivity-5 * Humor-0 * Overall-0

I am very disappointed this passed into protection and has stayed on the site for this long, considering it was stolen from Channel_Cat and claimed as your own, even on your site from your profile. It is good that you are at least attempting to create new levels, but please, at least give credit where credit is due, and contact Channel_Cat regarding this to aplogize. He may tell you how to fix that buggy music problem you created with your 'mad Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V skillz'.

Celestial-Avenger
Celestial-Avenger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 24th, 2005 @ 05:50 PM Reply

Nightmare Before X-Mas

Uh, ok. I guess it's a nice little beginning game with an excellent theme choice, but beyond that it's just another one of those "make the ball jump from platform to platform and u r teh winnar" kind of games. I contributed my 2/5 to it just for the good theme, but beyond that this is nothing new at all.

Graphics-2 * Sound-3 * Interactivity-3 * Style-1 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-2

-*-*-*-*-

"Humpers 6 The Finaly"

Ouuuuu. Please, just stop. The only thing remotely funny was the humping of the counter, but other than that it was just pre-pubescent sludge. I hope this is the finale. Move on to something else.

Graphics-2 * Sound-4 * Interactivity-1 * Style-1 * Violence-0 * Humor-1 * Overall-2

-*-*-*-*-

2000th Kiriban

Wow, unexpected great technique there. Pretty unique. Nothing to nitpick on, nothing much more to praise on. Short 'n sweet, eh?

Graphics-8 * Sound-6 * Interactivity-1 * Style-9 * Violence-7 * Humor-1 * Overall-8

-*-*-*-*-

Crap Stick Animation

Poor flash, but perhaps decent ytmnd?

Graphics-1 * Sound-5 * Interactivity-1 * Style-0 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-1

-*-*-*-*-

i'm new to flash NO BLAM

Sorry, I can't grant the request of no mercy. Nice to know you're learning this stuff, but enough with the little line animation movies. There's been an influx of too many of these lately and only about 1 in every 30 is any good. You're with the other 29. Fiddle with this a little more, don't submit it, then move on to more advanced things.

Graphics-1 * Sound-3 * Interactivity-1 * Style-0 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-0

-*-*-*-*-

snake... 360

I'm not sure if the slowness is due to the programming or the old Pentium III computer I have, so I'll just blame it on the latter. It's a decent attempt at a Snake remake, but the front-end of the snake is too dark. Nice death animation and nice attempt overall, though.

Graphics-3 * Sound-4 * Interactivity-5 * Style-6 * Violence-1 * Humor-0 * Overall-4

-*-*-*-*-

Kikyo's Dress Up 0.3

This is wasted talent, honestly. You're decent at animating yet y'all choose to waste it on a 25% done dress-up game. I'm sure some 12 year olds are gigglin' like school girls right now but everyone else is not too amused beyond the opening. You should probably work on how text is shown as well, considering the background tended to blind me from reading some of it. Do something that would better entertain us all than this, please!

Graphics-6 * Sound-5 * Interactivity-2 * Style-3 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-3

Celestial-Avenger
Celestial-Avenger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 24th, 2005 @ 08:13 PM Reply

Space Game

Nice 3D-rendered cut-scenes, hard game. The ships that fire those lasers just make the game a bit too difficult and I couldn't find any shield powerups. Having more than one "mans" might help. Keep it up, dangit!

Graphics-7 * Sound-5 * Interactivity-6 * Style-7 * Violence-3 * Humor-0 * Overall-6

-*-*-*-*-

Stick wrestling(SWE)

Uninstall Flash, mature a couple more years, then resume. This isn't an insult, this is dearly needed help.

Graphics-1 * Sound-1 * Interactivity-1 * Style-0 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-0

-*-*-*-*-

Caz's First Flash

You show promise, but c'mon, you know this only made it through cuz you're a "woman". ^_~

Keep at it. Drop the sticks, though.

Graphics-3 * Sound-3 * Interactivity-1 * Style-4 * Violence-4 * Humor-0 * Overall-3

-*-*-*-*-

Demolition Squid

I didn't laugh!

I don't know if there's something wrong with me or something wrong with you, but it's just a great display of animation with a total lack of humor. Appreciate all your work, but stay the course with the eggs!

Graphics-8 * Sound-7 * Interactivity-1 * Style-8 * Violence-4 * Humor-1 * Overall-5

-*-*-*-*-

Mario Game

Well, the one thing you have going for you as that you didn't steal it.

Other than that, this is bad. Can't interact with items, no sound/music, no real end to the level.. try, try again?

Graphics-3 * Sound-0 * Interactivity-2 * Style-2 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-1

-*-*-*-*-

Sonic Xtreme

Continue, please.

This is probably the best animated flash movie for Sonic the Hedgehog yet. Great style, interesting plot points, etc., etc., marvelous.

The subtitles conked out for about a minute in the first scene, but that's negligible.

Now to fit this in my favorites somewhere.

Graphics-9 * Sound-8 * Interactivity-1 * Style-9 * Violence-7 * Humor-1 * Overall-9

-*-*-*-*-

Grim's Freezer Returns

Looked great, but watching it was a bore. It was too slow-moving, there were no voices, and nothing really got done. I am, however, still interested in seeing how this turns out. Work on it, speed up the pacing, and get someone on that microphone!

Graphics-8 * Sound-5 * Interactivity-1 * Style-6 * Violence-5 * Humor-0 * Overall-5

-*-*-*-*-

DBZ: Motiv

Except for the last scene, this was pretty decent! Liked the random destruction and humor, and I am looking forward to the next episode.

As for that last scene, drop the fart jokes. That put a big ol' dent in the humor.

Graphics-6 * Sound-5 * Interactivity-1 * Style-6 * Violence-5 * Humor-5 * Overall-6

-*-*-*-*-

Emonade

Great idea, poor execution. The prerequisite for making such a film is that you are not a 12-year-old emo yourself. You seem to fail at this, so the movie collapses.

Don't crowd the microphone! I know your parents are around and you don't want to get embarrassed so you speak really low while huddled around the mic, but c'mon, you can do it.

Don't listen to Linkin' Park, it's bad for your health.

Graphics-1 * Sound-1 * Interactivity-1 * Style-1 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-0

-*-*-*-*-

Drama In Zimbabwe

My brain just went down a few IQ points. I can't tell if this is racism or stupidity. I know it's a product of immaturity, but beyond that I'm dumbfounded. Learn some original humor, keep working at your animating and writing, and uh, may whatever God you believe in have mercy on your soul/soles/shoes?

Graphics-2 * Sound-3 * Interactivity-1 * Style-0 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-1

-*-*-*-*-

Chocolate Remix

OK animating skills, no writing/humor skills whatsoever. Make something longer than 8 seconds with more than a poop joke, ok?

Graphics-5 * Sound-2 * Interactivity-1 * Style-0 * Violence-0 * Humor-0 * Overall-1

Celestial-Avenger
Celestial-Avenger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 24th, 2005 @ 09:32 PM Reply

I apologize if my reviews seem abusive.

UltraGhost
UltraGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 01:18 AM Reply

I thought they were only abusive if you advertised a site, said to the auther "You're a gay fag" or"YOU SUCK" etc. or just repeated one word after another. Though if the reviews that got you banned were like that, then I guess they are abusive.

Celestial-Avenger
Celestial-Avenger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 01:50 AM Reply

Nope, I've done some bad ones, but only on movies that deserved it. That doesn't make it an excuse though. I've tried to beg for forgiveness, but I just get ignored. Uwaa.

Celestial-Avenger
Celestial-Avenger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 02:07 AM Reply

If anyone wishes to steal my crappy reviews and post them as their own, why in the heck not? Maybe that'll get rid of the claim that I was spamming up the review count also (I average 1 review every 5 days!)

I sure wish Wade would at least respond with a "Go die ya stupid peron" or a "OK, I deleted this stolen flash movie, but yer still banned for like, 2 billion hogsheads."

That game's such an eyesore. If anyone else could e-mail him about that stolen game I'd appreciate that.

M-A-R-C-U-S
M-A-R-C-U-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 04:06 AM Reply

euhhh... dude.
please dont post reviews here... there's no point in it, and i'd be cut if a mod came in here and locked the thread for whatever reason they felt like :S lolz...

anyways i've reviewed a bit lately...
and i've passed RyanAn and now Cyberdevil :) im 4th :) w00t!

UltraGhost
UltraGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 04:15 AM Reply

At 4/25/05 02:07 AM, -Osaka- wrote: I sure wish Wade would at least respond with a "Go die ya stupid peron" or a "OK, I deleted this stolen flash movie, but yer still banned for like, 2 billion hogsheads."

How do you know it's stolen?

At 4/25/05 04:06 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: euhhh... dude.
please dont post reviews here... there's no point in it, and i'd be cut if a mod came in here and locked the thread for whatever reason they felt like :S lolz...

I never thought about a Mod locking this thread because someone who was banned from reviewing was posting reviews. And good job on getting 4th.

And so I again don't have to re type this because to high a percentage of this post was taken up by quoted text, I'm typing this.

Also, _Shimmy_ responds to most of his rviews, but not normally if they are written months and months after they are released.

UltraGhost
UltraGhost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 04:19 AM Reply

Sorry for double posting, unless someone else posts while I'm writing this, but how is the statistics page updated? Your still number 5 there M-A-R-C-U-S.

IvanTuroc
IvanTuroc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Musician
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 10:16 AM Reply

At 4/25/05 04:19 AM, UltraGhost wrote: Sorry for double posting, unless someone else posts while I'm writing this, but how is the statistics page updated? Your still number 5 there M-A-R-C-U-S.

Its updated now. I thought at first it might be a static page but it appears to update about 4AM with the rest of NG stats. At least, thats when my dtats update. :)

Thats great on moving to 4th MARCUS. Keep at it. :)

I had a bad weekend and didn't get any reviewing done. Not much portal voting either for that matter. To much work to do around here.

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature
Celestial-Avenger
Celestial-Avenger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 10:20 AM Reply

At 4/25/05 04:15 AM, UltraGhost wrote:
At 4/25/05 02:07 AM, -Osaka- wrote: I sure wish Wade would at least respond with a "Go die ya stupid peron" or a "OK, I deleted this stolen flash movie, but yer still banned for like, 2 billion hogsheads."
How do you know it's stolen?

I guess some people have to squint to see the difference between the stolen version and the authentic version.

I'll stop reviewing again. Didn't mean to cause harm. Just a frustrating phase where no one wants to tell me anything.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 10:47 AM Reply

At 4/25/05 04:06 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: anyways i've reviewed a bit lately...

Congrats! :D Now to get 3rd place. I will laugh my ass off if you ever pass KWAS! XD

Hmm, no reviews made during the weekend. :S Oh well. I guess I'm happy with my level up, so I'm not really bothered with reviewing right now.

Formerly Bahamut

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 4/25/05 04:06 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: euhhh... dude.

Say you need to update your profile, it still says your number 6 currently. Ow and your bbs signature needs an update as well, you've got more than 14000 b/p points right now =) . I received another response yesterday, here's the movie:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/233508
For some reason I get a lot more responses these days.

BBS Signature
Frax
Frax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Reviewers Club Apr. 25th, 2005 @ 02:48 PM Reply

Can i join ?

anyone knows cat stapler the first 3 episodes are so lame
but now its much better