Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "철쭉 (Royal Azalea)"

I like the instrumental palette and the energy. The percussion is really crisp and the string melodies are gorgeous. I think my favorite part is the breakdown section at 1:26 - feels like someone pushed the reset button on the flurry of action in the garden. You also channel the energy really well with that frantic violin line at around the 2-minute mark. The ending sounded a tad inconclusive, but I guess that's why it's the 2nd track on the album. :) Keep up the good work, Miyo! ^_^

Needs either more epicness in the middle or more overall romantic vibe. It felt a bit undecisive as it is.

Byoutiful.

i love your tracks

such a good piece! i like to think of the daintier, more choreographed / composed parts as the "royal" sections, and the wilder, more freeflowing parts with booming drums and bombarding string melodies as the "Azalea" sections (although, when googling the history behind the Azalea flower, its symbolism doesn't seem to match my theory).

in addition to the aforementioned contrast, i can tell you were really careful with the production in the louder sections of this song, and while i noticed a few off-putting compression bits, i think you did a really nice job.

also, i've just looked up the Royal Azalea Festival mentioned in the description, and it's provided me with another interesting bit of imagery to pair with this song. great work!!

Miyolophone responds:

thank you stardew! mixing & mastering this one was a horrible task and i ended up resorting to a sort of pseudo-sidechain mechanism, which may not have been the best solution. we'll get 'em next time

glad you enjoyed :)