Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Hide"

The only real complaints i have are:

lack of cover: aside from bush camping, there is NO way to avoid the monster. the closest I ever got to winning was right after picking up a Jerry can. The thing camped that area walking back and forth forever with no opportunity to leave. I'm not asking for more "press E to become invisible" locations, just give us some low shrubbery or something that we can put between us and the spider so we don't have to afk for 3 hours waiting for the AI to meander off to the other side of the map.

Lack of Inventory: This is an issue that greatly compounds my first complaint. having such limited hiding spots isn't so bad if you have easy access to distractions. The fact that i have to ditch my rock in order to get the spider to simply LOOK in the wrong direction is too big a trade off to ever be worth it, especially when the monster has crysis delta levels of vision (aka "is that a pixel of you poking out behind that tree I see from across the map? yeah i totally see you!").

Vyntershtoff responds:

Thank you for the review!
The jerry can part must be hard: it's almost the end :)
I'll think about how can i improve player experience.

Good game. Hope it gets different levels and maps later. It's really eerie not seeing around you too well. I actually jumped when I was trying to hide on the other side of the building from the thing and it came out of the building and got me. Hope to see more of this kind of stuff out.

Yay a good horror game. The ambient works very well and i thrilled hard when the monster catched me the first time.
I really like this kind of little games. Good job !

A half start left for the unseemless tiles. This grid is not really beautiful.

a good game, like was in the good old horror movie. Afraid of every rustle, shaking knees, because you have only one life, and you're afraid of losing it. nice.
+ Very stylish it looks.

It took me a few tries without headphones...as soon as I discovered the bushes,all was OK. Really good, great atmosphere.