Reviews for "Future Fragments - NEW Electric Level Demo"

the game does not work. its says that webgl is required to run this application. please help

hentaiwriter responds:

Go to https://get.webgl.org and follow the instructions there; that should fix things!

A nice demo. Art and animation are very well done, and the fx a subtle. Got stuck in one area until I remembered to flip the switch that turns off the fans. I take it there's just one animation per enemy type in this demo?

While the background was nice, I wished there was a little motion in the lava to keep it from appearing totally static. Combat was fine, though minor inclines met that I would have to bunny hop to hit my targets. Enemy AI is a bit off, I can understand that the mutated creatures would be very simplistic, but the soldiers would often turn around the moment I took more then five steps from them. The boss of the demo was suitably challenging, though different pillars seemed to take different amounts of damage to destroy, so I would sweat bullets over using charged shots or not. Overall, this demo is strong enough to stand on it's own, except it's totally open ended. Good luck with the finished game!

PS Talia leaving Faye to that mutant was a real dick move. :(

hentaiwriter responds:

Oh no, there's two animation types; one when you're stunned, and one when you're at 0 HP.

One of the things we'll also be introducing is parallax scrolling, so things like the lava are more obvious, so that's definitely on our list :)

Some of the powerups that you'll be getting later on will help with having to do stuff like hit enemies on different inclines than you, but the new engine we've also made for the game will have much more accurate hitboxes, so no more "hitting 1 pixel of a wall/ceiling with your shot nullifies the shot" stuff.

The enemy AI is designed to be very easy for this first level; subsequent levels have enemies actually chasing you up corridors, shooting lasers that reflect off of mirrors, building ice walls that reflect your shots back at you that their allies can jump off of, all that stuff :P We just wanted people to get used to the game's mechanics and so forth, basically.

The pillars were designed to be different amounts of damage yep, specifically for that reason, haha.

P.S. In the full game you'll be able to choose to rescue Faye or not; if you do, she'll back you up when you're in your own situation in the Ice Level, but if not, then you'll have to get out of it yourself.

really fun and creative. I loved the the different enemy types but there was to much reading in the beginning of the game.

hentaiwriter responds:

Yeah, the text-heavy portions, in the full game/future demos will be mostly replaced/supplemented with cutscenes that you can interact with.

The text where the King informs you of what to do, for example, will actually be replaced entirely by a tutorial back in the year 1000 AD where the King puts you and Faye through your paces on a small obstacle course, teaching you how to play without needing tons of text.

Had to remind myself this was a demo. Very solid platforming jump-n-shoot action, nice atmosphere, and the optional story thing is such a refreshing break from most other games, and it was quite interesting too. The H-scenes were quite fantastic and detailed. Excellent job:)

hentaiwriter responds:

Thanks so much! Glad you liked the story, in future builds we'll be slowly implementing more and more cutscenes so things aren't as text-heavy, while still retaining the storyline depth :D