Reviews for "Pound the Puss"

This game was funny, had character, and in a way like Conker, built a little world with people who live in it, it was fucking awesome! Make a sequel!!

OrangePylon responds:

Thanks dude! Glad you think my world has character.

Lmao, this is a great game with lots of WTF and LOL moments, it's fun to play and it doesn't get you bored, well done!

OrangePylon responds:

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

The game is great with it's not safe for work jokes. Not many games approach this kind of comedy and there is hardly any room to mess up with a little dark humor. And not related to this game but the Kickstarter they are recommending: That is just another Pokemon clone i mean with Pound The Puss it is filled with personality but with that kickstarter it doesn't need 5000 dollars to make a game like that, i would rather donate to a sequel to this game then another Pokemon clone

OrangePylon responds:

Thanks! Independent games like this are the perfect place to experiment without censors, since no higher-ups will be wary about the content. You can just let your work stand for itself.

Abomi Nation, while inspired by Pokémon, is hoping to offer a unique experience by being built around the Nuzlocke challenge mode, and adapting it to a roguelike -- something no game on the market is doing, and something that I personally wanted to exist. I made Pound the Puss over about three months, part-time. With Abomi Nation, it took me about five or six months of part-time work just to finish the engine (which I'm still working on even now). The character and charm that makes the world of Pound unique will hopefully be present in Abomi Nation through its characters and in-game text, but not a lot of that exists yet. The gameplay needs to come first, and that's what's present right now.

My point is that game development takes a lot of work, especially with a more complex genre like Abomi Nation's. I'd need to work full-time for about 8 months before completing a project that big. This is why I need funding for it. I can't afford to take that time off. It has nothing to do with its style of writing or relation to Pokémon. Pound was just made at a convenient time where it wouldn't put me in debt to develop.

Oh, and don't worry. Abomi Nation's development doesn't necessarily mean anything about the fate of Pound the Puss as a series.

"Pound is a puss that's quivering with anticipation!" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As soon as I read that, I climaxed with delight....,this is a true gem of a game! Wunderbar!

I'm happy you liked it!

I definitely see the comparison to both the disturbing humor of Conker's Bad Fur Day and the awkward morals of South Park. It's hilarious, but not for the sensitive or thin-skinned.

It's worth noting: Click on everything. Try to use every object on everything and everyone, and view every hint possible even if you couldn't possibly need them. This is the only way to get all the medals; but furthermore, there are a lot of hidden jokes that you can only see by doing this. And it would be a shame to let any of this brilliant humor go unnoticed.

OrangePylon responds:

Thanks a ton, dude. :) I'm glad those gags were noticed! It really makes me happy to see people appreciate details like that.