Reviews for "Down is Up"

Just played through the game, it was quite good, a little too easy but good. However none of the medals unlocked as I progressed through the game (and even finished for that matter).

Inversion responds:

Thanks for the heads up on the medals. Not sure what is going on their, but I will check it out as soon as I can.

Its a good game

Really like the feel of this game. Very simple, but well-designed. Was fun to play, but I have to admit that it was a little easy; the way the levels were designed basically pointed you in the direction of the solution.

Awesome job, the only thing i didnt like is that when you die its starts the whole level over.

A good game and a fun puzzler.

There are a lot of things to like about this game, among those are: the game mechanic of manipulating gravity, a concept which harks back to games like Time Fcuk; the absence of artificial difficulty, i.e. no cheap tactics which make the game frustrating for the wrong reasons; a very straightforward objective not requiring extremely complex tutorials, it has that pick-up-and-play charm.

On the other hand, there are a few things I do not like as much. For one, the puzzles are not too challenging and they seem to take on a linear route. In fact for the first few levels the concept of failure was practically non-existent, and even in the levels when the spikes started popping up, there was not many obstacles which stop the player from reaching their goal. This game would benefit from red herrings, i.e. paths that seem to lead to the destination but actually don't. Please implement this in later stages to add a bit of a challenge and require more planning on the player's part. You may also want to add more enemies or more complex game mechanics! Some truly mind-bending levels would be appreciated.