Reviews for "Grandpa, Run!"

the graphics arent too great, some of the traps like the ground falling out from below you at the last second will really piss people off! the controls arent too bad, so thats good.

Rixium responds:

Thanks. I agree about the traps, but I didn't want the game being too easy. Those traps used to be much more difficult.

I can't put my finger on it, but this has an undeniable charm. The music, the style, the Grandpa, it just works.
The jumping is a bit weird, but it's workable. Without the charm you guys put into it, this wouldn't be very good. But with it, I can honestly give this 5 stars.

Rixium responds:

Thanks a lot for the kind feedback. I was aiming to make the game so much more but it became harder to work on as my amateur coding continued to restrict me.

The game is a simple platformer and a decent little game. There are no instructions in the game but it's easy to figure out. Interesting but I feel that most would find this to be a waste of time unless they are really bored. However I would be interested in knowing a story behind this due to the alien that shows up when you die.

Rixium responds:

Thanks for the feedback. I've been thinking about a story, but I won't be making it any time soon until I've worked on a few more projects.

Great job! THis is kinda like a randomized version of Aztec Challenge 2 for Atari 800

Rixium responds:

Thanks for kind words :) Aztec Challenge was a great game and it's nice to have it compared.

Has much potential just need to clean up some small things like the accuracy of when a ledge and create something that makes the player feel like they should keep playing (ex: Achivements, Upgrades, ect.) Otherwise great game. :)

Rixium responds:

Thanks for the feedback. I've added in achievements, not sure if I'll work much more on this. The code is a mess and it's got pretty hard to add new features due to my sloppy work.