Reviews for "The Rise of a Knight"

the game was soo awesome

The game was fantastic, i didnt understand the title untill the end and the goblins were really hard. I figured out that since you dont have multiple lives your health recharges, so you have to wait befor you go into battle, for instince if you are in the forest and random creatures come out at you, you get hit and you wait until your health recharges, and when your in battle you take cover and do the same thing. Although, I found a little glitch when you opponent is infron of you and it keeps on hitting you, it slowly goes past you shield and hit you. Unother than that your game is awesome and i hope that you make more.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Thanks a lot man, I'll make more :)

Nice

Great game, but it was a tad bit repetitive after I reached the Goblin Camp. It was encounter after encounter, much like Half-Life. Maybe if you added a shop or a map in which you could choose where to go, the game would have been less repetitive.

The storyline was cliche, bbut I always liked it. Don't know why, but I just do. Also, when I attempted to jump over a n attack this goblin did, I instantly went back to ground and was slaughtered. Wtf.

Thanks!
Im glad you liked the game.
The thing about jumping is even if the axe/arrow would hit the bottom of your feet then you would still get hurt. I know it sucks but its just my bad programming skills. Im still learning and getting better everyday. Jumping does have its uses though at some points, but mostsly its just useless, sorry. Remember to use your shield :)
Thanks for the review!

Too many problems.

While this game has great art, it's combat system is alright, but at the same time it was the largest problem. Getting hit hit while in the air with a projectile rolling on the ground is a bit ridiculous, same goes for arrows, and many more of the enemies. The game would've been far better had you fixed this. Also, too much walking distance at the start.

SeethingSwarm responds:

Yeah the jumping is a problem. Surprisingly not too many people have complained about it. I now know how to prevent something like that with my future games, so all I can say for now is sorry. You cannot get hit by projectiles rolling on the ground. I know this for a fact. Only by flying axes and arrows, and if you jump at the right moment you can still get over even them, but its extremely hard. Im glad you liked the art!
Thanks :)

average and boring

my review sums it up.nothing kept me playing.i quit at the start of the second level.plus who would wanna suck a fugly ass princess like that? better luck next time.

...ooookaay

great game but

It's a great game, except the title needs work, knights were men of their word, if they said "I will not kill you" they wouldn't... granted they didn't say bobby the squire wouldn't kill you, but they themselves would not kill you, the story doesn't strike me so much as a night

SeethingSwarm responds:

The main character is NOT a knight. He is a humble loyal guard throughout the whole game up untill the end... He is also human which means he has flaws. I wanted to let him have some realistic qualities. I understand that it might piss you off, but the one and only time the guard lied in this game was when he was under a lot of stress, right after a whole horde of goblins tried to kill him!
I hope that cleared it up a bit.

Thanks for the review and Im glad you liked the game :)