Reviews for "Language Barrier"

Dynamic :)

The first thing I thought of when I saw this wasn't that it was a "feminist propaganda" or anything about "man-hating" (man-hating material and feminist messages don't tend to be so open to interpretation--heck, the artist might even be CONDONING verbal abuse of women); it actually reminds me of an article I read recently about "slut-bashing," where a person is ridiculed for alleged behavior (or lack thereof) and called a slut or whore, and it can be extremely harmful and even lead to suicide.

I'm not going to interpret the piece, since for all I know the only purpose was to entertain with no deep inner "meaning" intended. I will say I noticed the repetition of words, since as someone else pointed out there are many slurs out there to choose from, especially targeting women. Altogether I loved it, very colorful and strong. Good work. :)

skarl3tte responds:

Thanks for your refreshing review. Whether anyone believes it or not, I had no feminist message in mind while making this piece. I chose a woman as the 'victim' simply because I could think of more curse words for women when I made this. If I were to redo this piece with a specific message in mind, I think I would have made the guy another girl. :p

am i a bad person to find this humorous?

I love your palette choice for this piece. I guess I saw this from the perspective of an argument where some guy is really venting. Maybe his verbal assault is justified; such as the women going down on five dudes after a really crazy night of partying. Maybe she ruined his Black ops ranking while he was away for a week. hahaha.

another summary

well, its abother women abused by man. but truley, c'mon. guys ARE like that. but not all guys. is it our fault? no. woman always want to where flashy and revealing clothes. so you cant say that men are to blame for objectifying woman. ESPECIALY when a plus size model is a 5. but all in all good drwing.

wow

what a shoop da whoop...but only 20% of the male population are like that...so if you hate men get a dildo and go fuck yourself

he is right.

it is a good drawing. but i have to say, its getting stupid. women are always blaming men. even tho they are the ones that are hypocritical and pushing it. men aren't bad. stop doing this "men hating crap."