00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Metal Slug | Mission 1 Start

Share Collapse

This is my sprite animation entry for the Neo Geo Jam! This sprite animation is an 80% faithful gameplay recreation of the Metal Slug series of games, and the other 20% of it is in my original style, so it's not 100% faithful to the games. Sorry it's so short, full time work eats up most of my time, so I really worked hard to squeeze in animation time in my free time whenether I had the free time and will to work on it before the deadline hits. Hope you enjoy!

Log in / sign up to vote & review!

Newgrounds accounts are free and registered users see fewer ads!

The grenade tosses killed me.

Man, I love Metal Slug. It was one of my favorite games growing up so I have to give you a good rating. The game boy advanced port was the best. Of course I wished it was longer but as an animator myself who also works a full time job, I know how it is. I have a hard time finishing anything. I just have 1 critic. I love the way you draw blood but it doesn't fit in with the environment. I think it would look better if it was just a little bit darker. But that's just something I would do. Anyway, Good Job!

Exhilarating introduction to set the mood, fluid animation, iconic designs, spectacular sound effects, and an all around awesome job!

Credits & Info

Views
487
Faves:
2
Votes
81
Score
3.16 / 5.00

Uploaded
Aug 22, 2020
8:16 PM EDT
Genre
Action
Software
  • Swivel
  • Flash CS6
  • Photoshop CS6
Misc. Kit
  • Fighter Factory 3