It's nice. But no more than that.
Like the others said, it's a new type of gameplay, which I like. But there were some things that made it less fun for me.
- The Mega Ball power-up lasts WAY too long and pops up too many times, which makes this game too easy.
- The were only two upgrades, and they were both 'positive' (the real Arkanoid also contains bad power-ups, like a shrinking paddle)
- Once my paddle became large, it didn't shrink (which, again, makes it too easy)
- I never lost any lives (and I really got hit by bricks sometimes)
- The game is pretty cpu-intensive
- I couldn't see my cursor, which went off-screen sometimes. You should either make it visible or change the controls.
- There are no highscores.
- There are no levels or new challenges.
I still liked the game, the music was nice and it had some nice graphics. If you'd add all the above listed, this could make it.