Great rendition of a classic! Obviously, you have a copy of the original because the maps were identical. For those of us old ancient enough to have played the original, I would note these differences:
1) I cannot attack with shield bash. In the original, the most effective way to get through many things on level 5 was dual wielding mithril shields for protection and bashing.
2) No riddle/code word for the rings.
3) It is far too easy after the first 1-3 monsters. The original was much harder, except the final boss was actually *slightly* easier.
4) Graphics are better than the original. Thanks!
5) This interface is nicer. Original was text commands; i.e., p[ull] l[eft] t[orch] meant to equip the torch the left hand, a[ttack] l[eft] meant to attack with whatever was in the left hand. Seeing hit points instead of exclusively using the heart beat is nice, although it does make it much easier.
The only bugs I noticed were:
1) Solar torches don't work
2) One time, the final boss appeared to be inside a wall according to my vision scroll.
Good, but hampered by bugs, i.e your sword hurts you?
Thats not really a bug. It's a feature! Thats how the original game was.
You should play the easy mode. You don't take "damage" while moving or attacking but do have to be "resting".
hard but fun
pretty entertaining but hard even on easy mode
character stats page
and different graphics for different rooms NOT colours
other than that pretty cool!!%u2044
There is a main menu?
Character stats? It's just a small dungeon romp. No need for stats.
There are instructions (well a controls page) maybe a story to give you objectives you mean?
There are no rooms. It's a maze based game.
All the maps are based off the original game.
Well, well. That brings back memories.
I see Dungeons of Daggorath hasn't been entirely forgotten. Nice -- if simplified -- remake.
Thanks for beating the game. I'm happy at least one other person has become a "wizard".
Some Changes Can Help
This game is like the old dungeons and dragons game, so I kinda like it
You must add exp bar so players can know their character's level progress.
Make your vision scroll map a little smaller and transparent.
Add a Character Status Page.