Its an old game, and its gameplay doesn't age well.
Zombie Horde 3 is basically a grinding game, and despite having a large city, you'll find that it is not worth exploring the place, especially since the vehicle is so difficult to handle. You won't be able to pause the game halfway; you'll have to go back to the garage.
//How to rush the game:
1) Follow the yellow arrows to do the defend missions. Grind cash for at least a knife (machete if you want to 1-hit kill basic zombies).
2) Save up $20,000. Buy a rocket launcher and get about 30 ammo to be safe. You'll need the rocket launcher to get past all the barricades in the game.
3) When you're ready, follow the blue arrow. You'll be able to enter a whole new area of the city and have access to a new garage. Use this new garage from now on.
4) Continue following the blue arrow until you're told to go to the airport.
Here's the thing. You're not supposed to go to the airport. You're supposed to go into a forest where a helicopter awaits.
Take the main road where the garage is, head right. Destroy the barricade, and then take the first sideroad that leads north. You'll see it on the minimap: http://i.imgur.com/vudyapG.png
Once you've reached the end of the road, just walk left into the forest on foot, and congratulations you've just beat the game and receive 1 million cash.
Mostly for players who want to play this game nice and slow.
1) With the whip, you can 1-hit kill crows, basic zombies, pistol zombies and the evolved zombies(most of the time). With a bit of timing you can kill the pistol zombies before they shoot, but otherwise don't bother meleeing the ranged zombies.
2) If you need to park the car, DON'T drive in reverse! Just slow down with brakes and exit; for some reason you cannot exit the car when you're going in reverse.
3) SMG is okay if you upgrade it, but Assault Rifle is way better. Shotgun is useless. Sniper can pierce multiple zombies in a row. Rocket Launcher can be upgraded to fire 5 shots at a time. I recommend only having up to 2 weapons in each hand since switching weapons is really finnicky - I suggest L for Knife & Rocket, R for Pistol & <SMG/Assault Rifle/Sniper, pick one>.
4) Fighting at night is not recommended; your vision will be reduced to a torchlight seeing what's in front of you, and after the hospital you'll encounter a special hunter zombie that is pretty tough to kill. I suggest simply farming off the regular zombies in the day near the garage and going back inside when the game prompts you to find shelter.
I love this game for so many reasons, it's hard to list them all. Sufficient it to say, it is because of Zombie Horde 3 that I became hooked on the zombie flash genre. It feels like an RPG, with your protagonist trying to escape the city, yet it also feels like a good shooter, with all the weapon upgrades. Plus, there is car, which is really pretty awesome, although it is hard to drive at times.
A truly revolutionary video game. Thank you to the creator so much for getting me started on this path of enjoying the flash game zombie genre. It's been a true gift to me.
ok so i played this forever ago and didnt give it a chance, started playing it today and got hooked for awhile but one fatal flaw, and this is going to cost you the score, i needed upgraded shotgun to get to hospital, well had 2 smgs, lvl 1 and a lvl 2, i upgraded both to lvl 2 and had spare cash so i went ahead and bought lvl 1 shotgun, and guess what, i cant reequip my lvl 2 smg to my left arm, id have to get 18000 cash to upgrade just to use it again, thats ludachris, this oversight instantly made me hate the game and thats something you really shoulda been aware of, the game is ruined, im not going to deal with all these enemies after basically being weakened cause the shotgun doesnt have near the power of the lvl 2 smg with its poor accuray and 4 round clip and im not going to restart either, that one flaw correction would igve u a solid 4 stars, but well, that didnt happen, hope you make a 4 and hope it goes a lot better, much much much potential here, try making a check list as you go of things to recheck as u program
vastly improved since the first zombie horde.